• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Graveyard: Where lost hopes rest

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Yeah, although not officially axed, it'd be using double standards not to put him in here when Tom Nook and Totakeke are. (And those two have better chances than Toad as it is right now anyways)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Personally, in my opinion Toad makes for a great meatsheild for Peach.

Deconfirmed, yea.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yeah, although not officially axed, it'd be using double standards not to put him in here when Tom Nook and Totakeke are. (And those two have better chances than Toad as it is right now anyways)
The problem with that is, there's only one Tom Nook and K.K. Slider. Toad is more like a species. (I thought?) That'd be like saying, if a Yoshi appeared in the background, then Yoshi couldn't be playable.

danroks

Smash Cadet
who says thats toad tho cause thers like 500 more of em doesnt mean hes that exact one thinkabout the toad on the adventure mode

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Yeah man, Sakurai pretty much took all the people's hopes n dreams and shattered them in an instant when it was revealed that Peach still has Toad as her lapdog! All of those poor people....

Lets have a moment of silence for Toad......unfortunately such moments pass quickly! Whomp Whomp!

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
Yeah man, Sakurai pretty much took all the people's hopes n dreams and shattered them
Well, not ALL people's hopes, i mean, sure a lot of people wanted him in but... i guess there is more people who didnt want him in, i was actually happy to see hes deconfirmed, for my taste theres already a lot of mario characters, so im glad

the grim lizard

Smash Master
There's only one Toad, people. Toad is the name of one, not the name of the race of "Mushroom People." >_>

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
There's only one Toad, people. Toad is the name of one, not the name of the race of "Mushroom People." >_>
Wow... I never noticed that. >_<

In my defense though, everytime i thought of Toad, I think of Super Mario 64 and how there seemed to be more than one that would appear in the castle and give you tips...

I didn't really support Toad though. I wouldn't care either way. He would just be easy prey for Ridley...

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
I find it funny how more emphasis is placed on the fact that fact that Toad is essentially deconfirmed than the fact that Peach is now officially confirmed.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I actually wasn't conscious of the fact that she WASNT confirmed offically until she was confirmed officially. Since she showed up in the trailer, I just assumed at that point she was officially confirmed.

about toad.. I'm pretty meh about it, doesn't really matter to me either way.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Toad, known in Japan as Kinopio (キノピオ, Kinopio?), is a humanoid mushroom that is both a single character and the collective name of the "Mushroom People" found in the Mushroom Kingdom. The Toad species first appeared in Super Mario Bros. as seven guards that serve Princess Peach, called Mushroom Retainers. In games prior to Paper Mario, which features an entire race of Toad inhabiting Toad Town, the capital of the Mushroom Kingdom, manuals referred to them as Mushroom People, but they were always referred to as Kinopio in Japan.

The Toad supporters are really hoping for Kinopio, not "Toad", because Toad is verifiably a species similar to the Yoshi breed.

Yay Kinopio, the Toad hero of SMB2!

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
Toad, known in Japan as Kinopio (キノピオ, Kinopio?), is a humanoid mushroom that is both a single character and the collective name of the "Mushroom People" found in the Mushroom Kingdom. The Toad species first appeared in Super Mario Bros. as seven guards that serve Princess Peach, called Mushroom Retainers. In games prior to Paper Mario, which features an entire race of Toad inhabiting Toad Town, the capital of the Mushroom Kingdom, manuals referred to them as Mushroom People, but they were always referred to as Kinopio in Japan.

The Toad supporters are really hoping for Kinopio, not "Toad", because Toad is verifiably a species similar to the Yoshi breed.

Yay Kinopio, the Toad hero of SMB2!
lmao the kinopio ARE the toad species......

SonicMario

Smash Master
Once again, the Big 8 that are already in Smash are left without one being playable. Only the Big 7 exists in Brawl as playable now.

Well, it is sort of bad Toad didn't make it. But you can enjoy using him as a defense again... or a sticker...

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
I hope the Mii's dosent be an assist trophy where you throw one and your mii appears and does something,

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I really wanted Toad to be in Brawl... Anyway, my main uses him as a shield >_<

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
Uhh, the only characters that are really only deconfirmed are the Assistant Trophies, nothing else. You can't really say for sure that the rest of the characters won't be playable...

bluepeach

Smash Cadet
Ya, my heart kind of hurt when I saw that Toad was not playable, however, I was so happy peach was in the game I got over it.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Not sure if this counts...

But R.O.B. has been deconfirmed. I heard he was a popular "WTF?!" character. He was seen holding the bomb that blows up a stadium as a minion to the main antagonist: Ancient Minister. So Chidosengen, could that be an added character to te Graveyard?

Goodbye R.O.B., we barely knew thee

SonicMario

Smash Master
Not sure if this counts...

But R.O.B. has been deconfirmed. I heard he was a popular "WTF?!" character. He was seen holding the bomb that blows up a stadium as a minion to the main antagonist: Ancient Minister. So Chidosengen, could that be an added character to te Graveyard?

Goodbye R.O.B., we barely knew thee
Quoted it for other people (Mostly Chidosengen) can see it.

Thores

Smash Rookie
Yeah, not just ROB, but I doubt Petey's playable at this point as well... his appearance in that movie just screams "non-playable boss".

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
I cant stand petey piranha. but it would be awfully messed up if Ridley, we already know Bowser, Ganondorf and some other villians are playble and are bosses where as he would just be a boss.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
you can't add Petey to this, as we at very least know he's going to get a moveset.

I mean, he is going to be a boss. at least, now, if he gets a moveset, there's at very good chance you can unlock him

AND THINK GUYS
Was Boswer not enlarged at the final boss of a certain mode in melee???

You mean he can shrink characters?!?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Yeah, Petey can't be considered out as of now, but he can't be considered in, either. That form of him is a boss, and could be as advanced as any other character (be it giant) or few attacks in a set pattern. We don't know anything as of now.

And for R.O.B. it applies to him also, but no one should have thought of him as playable...his arms don't move that way. >_>

Top Bottom