• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Faq

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
Hey. I know that Brawl Plus is primarily a tournament driven code set, but I was wondering if a separate code set could be made for those of us who want to keep the stages the way they were, or at least a way to enable and disable them? Personally I adore Brawl Plus and would never play without it now, but that doesn't mean I don't want to play on New Pork City for example. Thanks.
Just open up the text file for Brawl+ with Wii Code Manager and disable the code that changes New Pork City to the WiFi room. Done. :p
This is too complicated to set up, and I am to stupid to do so, and to lazy.
No Brawl+ for me.
Oh well.
Really? Contact me on MSN if you're still interested in getting it working, it's pretty easy, but the amount of different guides out there can be overwhelming and confusing in which to follow.

balta

Smash Rookie
official site seems down to me and i can't get the latest version ! ARGH! any solution?

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
Hey all. Ever since I got brawl+ to work I've been wondering if there is a place for brawl+ players to battle online? I got my blood a'pumping and I want to share an awesome match with the players of brawl+. If this site supports online brawl+ matches, then I'll start coming here more often.

Revven

FrankerZ
Hey all. Ever since I got brawl+ to work I've been wondering if there is a place for brawl+ players to battle online? I got my blood a'pumping and I want to share an awesome match with the players of brawl+. If this site supports online brawl+ matches, then I'll start coming here more often.
Come to the IRC until brawlplus.net has matchmaking finished.

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
Come to the IRC until brawlplus.net has matchmaking finished.
Thanks for the info but I'm still kind of new to this. What exactly is the IRC?

- EDIT: Nvm I think I know what you mean. The chat right? What good will that do? Will I have to give out my friend code and such while I am there? Will I still be able to do online play in the chat room?

Mite000

Smash Rookie
Just open up the text file for Brawl+ with Wii Code Manager and disable the code that changes New Pork City to the WiFi room. Done. :p
I didn't know that you could just change things so easily, thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
Hey I was wondering if there's a way to like change which codes I want to include for a wii game without having to use the code manager for the pc. I want to edit the codes on my wii so that I don't have to re-enter all the codes (say for example, brawl+). I just want a program or app that will allow me to change some coeds on and off that's all. Thanks.

Revven

FrankerZ
Hey I was wondering if there's a way to like change which codes I want to include for a wii game without having to use the code manager for the pc. I want to edit the codes on my wii so that I don't have to re-enter all the codes (say for example, brawl+). I just want a program or app that will allow me to change some coeds on and off that's all. Thanks.
You can't do that.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
For the PAL version you have to use private\wii\app\RSBP instead of private\wii\app\RSBE, right?

So can I just rename that folder, switch the gct file in /codes, and switch the gameconfig file in the root and play PAL Brawl+, or do I have to do I have to change something else to PAL?

I'm asking because I can not get my PAL Brawl+ to work, it says that it applys the codes when Is tart it via Geco 1.9.1 but nothing happens. I even Random Trip....

Revven

FrankerZ
For the PAL version you have to use private\wii\app\RSBP instead of private\wii\app\RSBE, right?

So can I just rename that folder, switch the gct file in /codes, and switch the gameconfig file in the root and play PAL Brawl+, or do I have to do I have to change something else to PAL?

I'm asking because I can not get my PAL Brawl+ to work, it says that it applys the codes when Is tart it via Geco 1.9.1 but nothing happens. I even Random Trip....
Someone answered your question in the thread you made: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=240138

...Also it needs to be RSBP01. You don't need to change the gameconfig.txt as it is region free. Also, the double gct method is outdated, you only need to have 1 gct in the /codes folder as long as you're using gameconfig.txt.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
Someone answered your question in the thread you made: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=240138

...Also it needs to be RSBP01. You don't need to change the gameconfig.txt as it is region free. Also, the double gct method is outdated, you only need to have 1 gct in the /codes folder as long as you're using gameconfig.txt.
Yeah but that doesn't work because I have PAL. I have to replace the RSBE01.gct in codes with RSBP01.gct but then it still doesn't work.

I know that I must be doing something really stupid wrong but I don't know what. =(

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
Look up Cheat Manager, not Code Manager.

Learn2Luigi

Smash Cadet
Apparently I'm doing something very wrong.
See, I got brawl+ working and all, that's fine.
I'm using a 4gb SD card(Already went through the SDHC blues)
I've got an NTSC Wii and the same for the game.
The problem is, you see...
I can't get textures to work.
I tried the method in the article linked in the OP starting from step 5.
My directories look like this:
F:\private\wii\APP\RSBE\pf\fighter\luigi\FitLuigi01.pcs
and such.
I'm using the latest brawl+ codeset, as far as I know. Downloaded from the wiki anyway.

Have I done something stupidly wrong?

EDIT: I don't know why the space appears between 0 and 1 but I don't have that in the file name or the edit screen.

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
Aww shucks! Then what can I do? Is there a way to use the codemanager for the pc to change and edit the codes but keep the ones that are active? Because as far as I know, you can't load .gct files through the codemanager.

Mite000

Smash Rookie
I'm using the latest brawl+ codeset, as far as I know. Downloaded from the wiki anyway.

Have I done something stupidly wrong?

EDIT: I don't know why the space appears between 0 and 1 but I don't have that in the file name or the edit screen.
Have you tried looking for your Texture under every alternate costume? Sometimes it's hard to know which costume is linked to "01" for example.

Aww shucks! Then what can I do? Is there a way to use the codemanager for the pc to change and edit the codes but keep the ones that are active? Because as far as I know, you can't load .gct files through the codemanager.
What you need to do, at least for Brawl Plus, is to download the txt file of Brawl Plus and load it into the Cheat Code Manager on the Wii. From there, you can select what you want on and off, and then create your own gct file that remains intact until you change it again yourself.

Learn2Luigi

Smash Cadet
Have you tried looking for your Texture under every alternate costume? Sometimes it's hard to know which costume is linked to "01" for example.
As a test I set all of toon link's textures to be replaced by custom ones.
Then I had an all toon link match against computers.
No change :(

Mite000

Smash Rookie
So I'm still kinda lost on this texture stuff... should I ask in the texture replacement thread instead?
It really couldn't hurt. From what you say, you have a very unique problem that is probably easily solved, it's just not apparent. Having only recently applied textures to Brawl Plus myself, my best advice would be not to get fed up. You're very close.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Learn2Luigi

Smash Cadet
Ok. So.
I completely emptied my SD card and just redid geckOS and b+ from the start.
I used that premade 4.1B package on the site.
Sonic and Charizard's costumes remain the same... something is certainly wrong.
Could it be that I'm using a 4gb SD card?
I hear they are sometimes incompatible...
Why b+ would work and textures wouldn't, I don't know.

shanus

Smash Hero
Ok. So.
I'm amazed your 4gb SD is working, its only supposed to support up to 2gb.

timothyung

Smash Ace
shanus, when will you give BPN multi language support? Instead of just adding the translations to the pages I would like to have a quick language chooser at the top of the page.

Revven

FrankerZ
Ok. So.
Brawl only reads 2 GB SD Cards so you need to buy a new SD Card if you wish to use textures.

Learn2Luigi

Smash Cadet
Brawl only reads 2 GB SD Cards so you need to buy a new SD Card if you wish to use textures.
And that solves it.
Ah well, I guess I'll have to buy a third, after this and my SDHC card.
But... such is life.
Thanks to everyone for the help :D

EDIT: And it worked! :D

pkakira88

Smash Rookie
hey can anyone help me out with code manager actually.

I've tried compiling the codes for the nightly build txt file into a gct file using ocarina code manager, but all that happens is an error pops up saying that its more then 256 lines long.

I'd appreciate the help, in the future I wanted to add other codes as well as modify certain things like the hitstun.

Onyx Leo

Smash Cadet
Question: ALL the Textures I've downloaded work for brawl, including Samus, wario and stages... Except for PT! >< The trainer himself and Charizard came out looking fine, but Squrtle textures aren't there, and when I switch to Ivysaur the game freezes! Help?

Learn2Luigi

Smash Cadet
Question: ALL the Textures I've downloaded work for brawl, including Samus, wario and stages... Except for PT! >< The trainer himself and Charizard came out looking fine, but Squrtle textures aren't there, and when I switch to Ivysaur the game freezes! Help?
Perhaps you're missing the .pac files for your .pcs files to load from when you transform?
This could kill the textures. That's my (likely entirely misinformed) guess.

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...I got the txt codeset file and I ran into a problem. I put all of the codes into the code manager and added some other codes like the new music adding code but now it says, I CANT MAKE THE GCT BECAUSE IT HAS MORE THAN 266 LINES OF CODE, Help please. frustration....building...yarg.

Learn2Luigi

Smash Cadet
Yeah...I got the txt codeset file and I ran into a problem. I put all of the codes into the code manager and added some other codes like the new music adding code but now it says, I CANT MAKE THE GCT BECAUSE IT HAS MORE THAN 266 LINES OF CODE, Help please. frustration....building...yarg.
From my limited experience, and I'm probably wrong, it could be one of two things.
1) You're missing gameconfig.txt
2) You have an old version of GeckOS, and should update it

Top Bottom