• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Song Maker v1.0 [WinXP/Vista only]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
@herooftime -- Unfortunately yes, you have to see if its Mono or Stereo beforehand. I have no fix for this unless someone else creates a program that detects automatically (which I think Dantarion is doing)

I don't, and I doubt he does. I'll try later with this new patch.
Xeno, fight me on wifi tonight (as soon as I get the boxes out of the way of the TV) and I will have no codes on, just to be sure.

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
Is there a chance of this ever being able to edit the song's title in Brawl? I know it's got nothing to do with making song files for the file swap but it would be a pretty neat feature to have.

Also, does this program always output a C12 named file? Cause I asked it to replace Route 205 of Spear Pillar, but when I checked the tracklist, the name of this song is H12... Sorry if I'm doing something wrong since I've only tested this with one song (the same one lol)

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Is there a chance of this ever being able to edit the song's title in Brawl? I know it's got nothing to do with making song files for the file swap but it would be a pretty neat feature to have.

Also, does this program always output a C12 named file? Cause I asked it to replace Route 205 of Spear Pillar, but when I checked the tracklist, the name of this song is H12... Sorry if I'm doing something wrong since I've only tested this with one song (the same one lol)
Ask Jose Gallardo, he has the closest a code to do that that I've seen

Yes, it does, but at the end it renames C12 to H12 and moves it to SD so Brawl can find it

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
anyways, i was testing my songs, and i found out that my converted file worked perfectly in winAMP, but still turns to static after about 1:30 on my wii. should i get a new SD card or something?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Status update on GUI version of this tool.
Still gonna be WinXP/Vista only, since it relies on WinXP/Vista only command line tools.
It can already auto convert most sound formats into l/r wavs (mp3/ogg/flac have been tested)

Still working on some other stuff, but I will make a release as soon as it does everything that the batch file version can do. Also, It can normalize the audio levels, so generated music SHOULD all have the same volume.

I'm using SoX for audio processing :p

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Dantarion, this GUI version sounds really awesome. So...will we need audacity at all? If it can do it all without Audacity that'd be soooo legit

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Hey! Sorry if this has been addressed in the previous 17 pages, but... I'm trying to replace a victory song. Specifically I'm trying to replace the Legend of Zelda characters' victory song. Unfortunately, the .wav given me (Z01.wav) contains 'no' sound, and is set to go at a rate of about a hojillion (50331648) Hz. That seems very wrong to me. I can paste something in, and it still plays no sound. Also, it crashes the game when played.

I'm using Audacity to edit the sound file. What am I missing here?

P.S. Thanks for the great program! It's very nice and clear. Also thanks to Androu1 who wrote the converter.

EDIT: Well, looks like all you have to do is not directly edit that Z01.wav file. Just replace it and it works fine. No problem here then!

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Wow, you just keep one-upping yourself don't you SSR haha. Man, certain sound effects, that's crazy. Apparently there's some important issue with mono files or something like that? I've been gone for a couple days, so I guess I'll have to read up on that. Apparently (according to some other people) the "db" (decibel) affects whether or not you'll hear static. I don't know what that's about, but I guess I'll have to read up on that too.

Thanks again for your latest update!

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I just tried and Menu 1 worked for me. What was the problem again? Can you record what you're doing w/ Camstudio and show me what's going on?
I think that it was my mistake. I already did Menu 1 I believe, so nothing came up when I had a new file, it just replaced the old one, which I did not notice.

My bad

but thanks again for this! :)

also, could you add the announcer's voice into the program? It would be great for Brawl+, so that the announcer could say Brawl Plussery instead of Brawl :)
and it would be fun to mess around with: instead of the announcer saying " NO CONTEST" he could say "WHAT?!?! DONT PLAY WITH ME BOI! U GET BACK THERE AND PLAY SOME VIDEOGAMES! D***!" lol

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Dantarion, this GUI version sounds really awesome. So...will we need audacity at all? If it can do it all without Audacity that'd be soooo legit
I just got my first test done.
The produced wavs from using SoX seem to be identical to the ones produced by audacity, execept....AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OF CLIPPING!

The only thing my gui tool doesn't do right now is:
1) Rename the files correctly
2) Put them on the SD card.

After I test a few brstrms in my wii, I will make a release, probably this weekend, I'm sorta busy :p

EDIT: Are most peoples custom music WAAAY louder than the default music? I'm thinking of adding that into this too.

EDIT2: Just realized that most of the songs in Brawl have sane differences in volume, while most MP3's range between 95%-100% of volume. Normalizing to 1db lowers the max volume of these mp3s and keeps them around the avg volume of stuff in the game :p

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
@herooftime -- Unfortunately yes, you have to see if its Mono or Stereo beforehand. I have no fix for this unless someone else creates a program that detects automatically (which I think Dantarion is doing)

Xeno, fight me on wifi tonight (as soon as I get the boxes out of the way of the TV) and I will have no codes on, just to be sure.
I was gone all day T_T

Play me tomorrow, please? I'm not going anywhere.

Jose_Gallardo

Smash Apprentice
For those wanting to create music titles, there isn't any method that doesn't involve hexing. There is no code, and it should remain that way, because hexing titles the wrong way could screw up your ISO and you would have to start all over again. Unless someone who is an expert at hexing and programming could find a way to create a GUI that limits the Title length input, extracts/repacks menumain_en and info_en PAC files, then that would be just great.

For now, if you want to give a shot at hexing Music Titles, download this. I think that is what I got a long time ago:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ymoyt0m3mid

And for those wondering how to get Japanese voices in Brawl, there is an ISO method involving Wii Scrubber. I do not know if it works with the SD File Patcher, although I'm pretty sure it doesn't:

http://kittycorp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=musechs&action=display&thread=791

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I just got my first test done.
The produced wavs from using SoX seem to be identical to the ones produced by audacity, execept....AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OF CLIPPING!

After I test a few brstrms in my wii, I will make a release, probably this weekend, I'm sorta busy :p

EDIT: Are most peoples custom music WAAAY louder than the default music? I'm thinking of adding that into this too.

EDIT2: Just realized that most of the songs in Brawl have sane differences in volume, while most MP3's range between 95%-100% of volume. Normalizing to 1db lowers the max volume of these mp3s and keeps them around the avg volume of stuff in the game :p
OK, well I have made about 12-13 brstrms, and I have noticed that there is actualy a pretty big difference in sound between mp3's. For example, compare I Gotta Feeling and I'm on a Boat. I Gotta Feeling is a lot softer than I'm on a Boat. May I suggest that your tool will measure the decibal level of each song, and transfer each to the same decibal level?

(i would have no idea about how to go about this though, lol)

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
What are you coding the GUI in? I'm sure there are commands to do both...if not invoke "cmd /c _______________" where ___________ is "ren oldfile newfile" or other things.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I know how to do it, I am just not done making the GUI pretty :p

The part I am having trouble with is the actual L/R wavs to brstrm part.
The most recent version of your tool hides the batch commands in an exe or something :p

After I get that working, I'm pretty much DONE.

Coding in C#

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I know how to do it, I am just not done making the GUI pretty :p

The part I am having trouble with is the actual L/R wavs to brstrm part.
The most recent version of your tool hides the batch commands in an exe or something :p

After I get that working, I'm pretty much DONE.

Coding in C#
I'll send the source later today

I haven't downloaded 1.0 yet, but what sound effects does this let you change?
Every sound effect in Jose Gallardo's list

Jose_Gallardo

Smash Apprentice
Hey SSR, when exactly does the GUI ask for the custom loop point samples? I had my custom loop point ready, but 1.0 of this GUI did not ask me for anything like it. I assumed it had it because of the 0.9 Changelog:

Code:
v0.9
- [U][B][B][I]You can now specify start/end points manually.[/U][/I][/B][/B]
- Added in R.O.B's missing victory theme (thanks to c00kiemonster).
- Moved "length.exe" and "monocheck.exe" to tools where it should've been originally.
- Added Continue and Game Over to victory theme list, even though its not a victory theme
Also, Androu1 made his tool a bit more fancy, which I'm sure you've noticed :laugh:

...and yes, I used his newer version because of the loop point thing.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Ok, I did some reading of the old posts and just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. So if our MP3 that we want to add into brawl is stereo, then we just proceed to split tracks, blah ,blah like normal. But if the MP3 we want to replace is mono, then we DON'T split the tracks and just save it under C12L and C12R right? The stereo/ mono check is our own mp3 right, not the default brawl songs?

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Hey SSR, when exactly does the GUI ask for the custom loop point samples? I had my custom loop point ready, but 1.0 of this GUI did not ask me for anything like it. I assumed it had it because of the 0.9 Changelog:

Code:
v0.9
- [U][B][B][I]You can now specify start/end points manually.[/U][/I][/B][/B]
- Added in R.O.B's missing victory theme (thanks to c00kiemonster).
- Moved "length.exe" and "monocheck.exe" to tools where it should've been originally.
- Added Continue and Game Over to victory theme list, even though its not a victory theme
Also, Androu1 made his tool a bit more fancy, which I'm sure you've noticed :laugh:

...and yes, I used his newer version because of the loop point thing.
Lol it's above the changelog on how to shift it from automatic to manual and vice versa. It's editing "startendpoint.txt" in "tools" and switching it from 0 to 1.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
SuperSonicRacin, can you isolate the code that takes C12L.wav and C12R.wav and turns it into a brstrm?
I'm getting kinda lazy after coding the GUI stuff(which is turning out WAY better than expected)

If you can provide that bit of code from your batch files, I'll be almost done!
Ill only need code to pull progress information from whatever tool makes the brstrms for the progress bars.

Heres how everything works so far.

Step One: Import MP3's
1) You import all the MP3's you want into the processing queue.
2) The program batch converts the mp3->wavs->brstrm
3) The brstrms are placed in a library directory

Step Two: Make your soundtrack
1) For each song you want to replace, you can choose a replacement from your library. The program can read your SD card and see what songs you already replaced, and if they are from your library, it can even tell WHAT songs they are.
2) The program then copies the songs to your SD card as needed.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
PM sent, understand that they first have to be decompile then replaced, or else it won't let you re-compile =\

Dantarion

Smash Champion
*Reads PM*
Ooooh, looks like I have a little more work to do.
Right now I don't have any mono mp3 to test with, I guess ill have to make one :D

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
When I successfully added a song, I found out that the sound was cracked, so I turned my Wii off so I could take out the SD card and edit the song. When I loaded custom song maker, all of the things that were in the folder except "Start" and the stuff in "Tools" was gone. Is this supposed to happen?

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
When I successfully added a song, I found out that the sound was cracked, so I turned my Wii off so I could take out the SD card and edit the song. When I loaded custom song maker, all of the things that were in the folder except "Start" and the stuff in "Tools" was gone. Is this supposed to happen?
I believe the program wipes all temporary files when it is done.
It wipes temporary files, but it doesn't wipe everything from the Tools folder...my only suggestion is re-downloading the program and installing it again.

Jose_Gallardo

Smash Apprentice
Lol it's above the changelog on how to shift it from automatic to manual and vice versa. It's editing "startendpoint.txt" in "tools" and switching it from 0 to 1.
Oh my god, I can't believe I missed that. In fact, I read it before, but since I didn't need custom loop points then, I didn't record it in my brain. That, and I was very sleepy on my last Brstm, which came out wonderfully looped, by the way.

I'll make sure to try that on my next loop.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm, one more question: How can I tell where the start point or the loop is going to be? I don't know what number to put. 0 = start, but anything else doesn't make any sense to me.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I've got another question about loop points. So, I know that the game only loops to a multiple of some number of samples, but what exactly is that number? Someone in this thread gave me a number, but it was wrong, because the song wasn't looping to the point I had inputted.

If anyone can clarify exactly how the math of loop points works, that would be great.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
I've got another question about loop points. So, I know that the game only loops to a multiple of some number of samples, but what exactly is that number? Someone in this thread gave me a number, but it was wrong, because the song wasn't looping to the point I had inputted.

If anyone can clarify exactly how the math of loop points works, that would be great.
multiples of 14336

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom