• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI v1.5! Bugfixes+Volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
The tool automatically makes mono file input into mono brstms.
Sph34r, my tool normalizes the audio levels to remove clipping, which causes popping sounds in-game.

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
I tried with 4 differents computer and over 50 differents song and I still get stuck at "Decoding Left Channel"..
That's what happened sometimes on certain songs for me... but after saving or exporting them again in Audacity, that usually fixes it for me...

Can you give me a link to "BionicSonic's tool"? I want to test his/hers out.
It's what this thing is based off... Except you have to convert the song to two different wav files first before you're able to get it into a BRSTM... It's exactly like this one, longer, but doesn't have problems like this program is having like getting stuck at "Decoding Left Channel"... but I'm sure he'll fix it eventually and you won't need to go through that long tedious process of the "old way"...

Dantarion

Smash Champion
"The decoding left channel" Freeze bug has something to do with the program not being able to run SoX, but I have no way to duplicate it. I can't fix it, as there is no error, and no problem I can even think of. Since it works for a majority of the people who use it, I don't actually think its a problem with my code. Its not the song you are using, its something about your computers setup, may it be folder permissions, user permissions, not unzipping all the files, running the program from a shortcut with a different working directory, SOMETHING.

My program is definetly just as good as BionicSonics, in fact, it uses the exact same commands to convert a wav to a brstm, it just automates the "audio source -> wav" part.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Quick Question, not sure if it belongs here though.
Do Music Hacks work online?
As in, do they allow you play someone who doesn't have the same song hacked into their game?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Quick Question, not sure if it belongs here though.
Do Music Hacks work online?
As in, do they allow you play someone who doesn't have the same song hacked into their game?
Yeah they do. Just the person that you are playing with will not hear the music in your game.

Nevermind!

Smash Cadet
"The decoding left channel" Freeze bug has something to do with the program not being able to run SoX, but I have no way to duplicate it. I can't fix it, as there is no error, and no problem I can even think of. Since it works for a majority of the people who use it, I don't actually think its a problem with my code. Its not the song you are using, its something about your computers setup, may it be folder permissions, user permissions, not unzipping all the files, running the program from a shortcut with a different working directory, SOMETHING.

My program is definetly just as good as BionicSonics, in fact, it uses the exact same commands to convert a wav to a brstm, it just automates the "audio source -> wav" part.
I just tried his program and it worked perfectly o.O
I think i'm gonna stick with it, no offense :p Thanks tho!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
@post above-- Are you sure you're using File Patch 3.5.1?

If I may offer a solution...

Make a new folder at C:\ called "bcsm", and place the files inside that folder, if it's a path issue then that should fix it as it has no spaces...?

^ This

I just tried his program and it worked perfectly o.O
I think i'm gonna stick with it, no offense :p Thanks tho!
:ohwell:

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Thats the thing. I've tested if its a path with spaces, a path with illegal characters, or any number of other things, and...my program works with all of those things.

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
i cant figure out what to do after I finish adding all my songs and im ready to export. I dont know where to put anything on my SD card or what codes im suppose to be using.. can I use the no limit replay code as well with this.?

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
This has probably been brought up so many times, but this program freezes so much.
Not the BRSTMs in the game, the .exe in the program. It seems to freeze when I click something other than the BCSM-GUI. And I have about 100 BRSTMs, it's not fun waiting for it to finish. D:

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Thats out of the scope of this program.

This progam intends to automate putting brstms onto the SD card.
It assumes you know how to load GeckoOS with the File Replacement Code active.
Theres a sticked thread with that information.

@Firekirby, I dont know what you mean by it freezes. Do you mean on startup?
The latest version of the program should have fixed all the rehashing problems that caused 60 second startups

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
dant i already have everything set up homebrew channel, ocarina and such.. i already have been using codes i just didnt under the location of what files i was suppose to copy to my SD card. The program does not do it automatically, it always askes where save this song file or export as a text.

RainLink

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm not sure what exactly I'm doing wrong, but every time I click export to export the "songs.db" file,
I constantly get an error that's in the pic shown in my post. I downloaded .NET update first thing as stated. Help? Thanks in advance.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
dant i already have everything set up homebrew channel, ocarina and such.. i already have been using codes i just didnt under the location of what files i was suppose to copy to my SD card. The program does not do it automatically, it always askes where save this song file or export as a text.
What folder did you tell it to put the songs in? Go to that folder, the entire directory structure should be there.

RainLink

Smash Rookie
Sure thing Dantarion, and thanks for the lightning quick response, I appreciate it. :)

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Data.StrongTypingException: The value for column 'Display Name' in table 'SDLibrary' is DBNull. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'.
at BCSM_GUI.Data.SDLibraryRow.get_Display_Name()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at BCSM_GUI.Data.SDLibraryRow.get_Display_Name()
at BCSM_GUI.Util.exportSongsDB(String filename)
at BCSM_GUI.ExportForm.button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BCSM-GUI
Assembly Version: 1.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.5.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/RainLink/Desktop/brstmsz/BCSM-GUI.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data.DataSetExtensions
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.DataSetExtensions/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
it was in the library folder in the original folder that i unzipped the program in. there was all the converted files and such in there. that folder is located on my desktop. do i need to put a code from this program also in my code list that i use through ocarina?

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
@Firekirby, I dont know what you mean by it freezes. Do you mean on startup?
The latest version of the program should have fixed all the rehashing problems that caused 60 second startups
Sorry, I rushed my post a bit.
It just freezes when it starts to load all the BRSTMs from the SD Card. Y'know, when they are displayed on the SD/Folder side. It freezes when I click any other window, I have to just keep it on there until it's completely finished, and that takes a while for me... Hopefully I said that right. >.<
Try doing it for yourself, it might just be me...

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
so right now i have all the files on my sd card in the root/private/wii/blah blah the way it sets it up and all the files are named like random things but when open the SD card using 1.5 everything shows up nicely so it looks like its all in order. when i load up the codes the music still doesnt work though.. maybe im using the wrong code? im using the code pasted in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlFWPZPOXp8 and i was also using the no time limit replay code. i duno why this is still not working i did everything else right.

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
Its an Lexar Professional SD 1 GB card and i wasnt putting too many songs so i know their is enough space.
I never used textures before so no. The code is correct and the file placement is correct.. hmm im confused.. what is the point of the song.dat file that is created by your program?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Sweet! Better volume control! I've had a problem with them being too quiet, typically.

krazystitch

Smash Cadet
This has probably been asked/answered before but, I have 5 custom songs so far in my game.. 3 of them work just perfectly and it's awesome. But 2 of them play the song and then, about halfway or so, they glitch up and start making static noises. Can anyone help?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
@Utopia
If the files are indeed in the right place...off the top of my head it should be../private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/sound/strm/... I could be wrong....but its close to that.

If the files are there, then its a problem with the way you are loading the game.
Try loading the Brawl+ GCT.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
@Utopia
If the files are indeed in the right place...off the top of my head it should be../private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/sound/strm/... I could be wrong....but its close to that.

If the files are there, then its a problem with the way you are loading the game.
Try loading the Brawl+ GCT.
That is the right directory.

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
Great program. Definitely makes my life a whole lot easier.

Also, I have a few requests.

1) BRSTM -> MP3 (or separate channels) for editing
2) Progress bar, pause, and volume adjuster for playing BRSTMs
3) Instead of "Song Name" alphabetical listing, have an option to match the stages listed in Brawl and also stage's song order. (in the SD part of the GUI)
4) Offer Right click renaming (Although hover clicking and F2 renaming work fine, RC would be nice to have)
5) Like posters said before... an info.pac exporter.
6) Option for light color coding for the list? Or even borders. Purely for organizational and aesthetic purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom