• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI v1.5! Bugfixes+Volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
does louder mean that it will change the volume of the actual mp3 file while converting? i can edit the volume in audacity already, so a on/off button would be nice.
All versions normalized incoming music. I will add a on/off for that though.

Whenever I replace "Mother 2 (Melee)" (W19) with a custom track, it always cuts off around a minute into the song and replaces it with "Kongo Jungle (Melee)" (W26), which I've also replaced.p!
I have no clue. I dont think it has anything to do with my tool though.

hcs

Smash Rookie
You might not be seeing any error messages in the log because revb outputs its status info on standard error, not standard output. If you're just grabbing standard output (with revb.exe > log.txt) then you might not get the error messages.
According to this page:
In Windows 2000 you can capture both STDOUT and STDERR from an MS-DOS command by combining 1> and 2> like this:

C:\> MyCmd.cmd 1>2>MyLog.log
You might need to do the same for dspadpcm.exe?

Also, what are you intending to use to store a gain in the brstm? I'm aware of a part of the DSP header that's called "gain", but it's also marked as "0 for ADPCM". Maybe there's another field I don't know about?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I was hoping that putting information there would cause the game to play the sound louder, but I guess it doesn't apply to ADPCM, so ill actually have to dump the wav and rebuild the brstm :(

Also, thanks for the into on revb, I was indeed capturing the standard out and not error.

Yeah, I don't think it's your tool either. It's strange though - I've also experienced similar cases with "Super Mario 64 (Main Theme)" cutting out to "Super Mario Bros. Medley" (or whatever it's called - i.e. the overworld remix in Mushroomy Kingdom). Additionally, the main menu theme cuts out and replaces it with one of the Battlefield tracks but just for a second.

From my understanding, the game's accidentally loading the track that's right underneath it/above it (makes sense seeing as SM64 is above the MK one). I'll remake the .gct I guess.

Edit: I found out that it's NOT the actual .btsrm files OR the .gct - oh well.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
That sounds like a glitch in the file replacement code.
Some people don't experience it, but some people can reproduce it with random files.

I think it had to do with replacing .btsrms on the SD card without deleting the old one first 'cause all the tracks are working lovely now.

Thanks for the information, and again, fabulous tool - in a roundabout way, it really made these last 2 weeks complete for me. :)

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
My Wii keeps freezing when I select a stage. Any known problems here?

*EDIT:

I've tried:

BF twice- Worked both times
FD twice- Did not work either time
Pictochat once- Did not work

I have custom songs on all three of those stages. any ideas? im desperate here =/

they work just fine in my music

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I finally got around to using the GUI and it works great! Thanks Dant.

Any word on when 1.6 is coming?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
ok this time it froze before in the character select screen >__>

im sure i did everything correctly...

*EDIT:

nvm, figured it out.

i thought i had to have both file replacement codes on, but only the 3.5.1 was supposed to be on. this is awesome =)

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
Sharjah - the United Arab Emirates. (UAE)
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
Hm... So 1.5 (and so on from now?) make it louder? So that means when editting with... say, GoldWave, we don't have to raise the sound by 50% (Maximize -> 150%)? Because I've always done that, and I don't want my (Newer) tracks to be made TOO loud. LOL

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Install .NET Framework 3.5, the download link is in the first post.

Bonzai7

Smash Rookie
I love this tool. It required no effort on my part to listen to New Divide on Final Destination.
Hm, 1 Gb of Music on 512 Mb card... What to do What to do. :D

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Oh, ok I see it. Thanks.

The normalizing is something I don't really care for. It made all of my songs extremely quiet, if this is 50% louder than in 1.4 then 1.4 must have been REALLY quiet D:

My 1.3 songs are much MUCH louder.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
I did not know about the new release, but I was using 1.3 and there is this bug (you may have fixed it in updated versions, but I am not sure). When you take a song and put it to the SD card it works fine, but if you take the same song an put it on the SD card again, it plays for a few seconds and becomes staticy. It plays fine when you play it in the program on the computer, but when its in the game it is simply static.

Cross.

Smash Ace
hey guys can anyone try and help me please? I tried downloading the .net 3.5 thingy from the first post but it stops midway through installation with some error message. I dont know what the problem could be and google was no help =(. Anyone know what the problem is?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Oh, ok I see it. Thanks.

The normalizing is something I don't really care for. It made all of my songs extremely quiet, if this is 50% louder than in 1.4 then 1.4 must have been REALLY quiet D:

My 1.3 songs are much MUCH louder.
Youre dumb. Normalizing has been in the program since the first version.

Nevermind!

Smash Cadet
I tried to convert a song into a .bmstm but it get stuck at "Decoding Left Channel". I tried with 4 other songs and I get the same results.. I watched your video and you said some part takes forever.. but it's been 45mins now and it hasn't changed.

I'm using v1.5.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
I tried to convert a song into a .bmstm but it get stuck at "Decoding Left Channel". I tried with 4 other songs and I get the same results.. I watched your video and you said some part takes forever.. but it's been 45mins now and it hasn't changed.

I'm using v1.5.
you could have a mono song, one that only has a right channel. I have a lot of video game MP3s like this. Although I say Mono, I do not mean that it comes out of 1 speaker, it simply means there is a single track that has both left and right audio, which CSM GUI 1.5 cannot handle.

If you have Audacity, import the song, go to "project" and select "new stereo track". When it is made, click on the arrow that is pointing down in the top left corner next to the word "Audio Track". From the arrow menu, select "split Stereo track", you now have two separate tracks, one for the left channel and one for the right channel. simply copy your original song (project-import audio) click in the left channel, paste, and click in the right channel and paste. both should be perfectly synced to the beginning of the song. Then, export as an MP3 and import that into custom song maker.

hope that helps, if I need to I can clarify.

Nevermind!

Smash Cadet
you could have a mono song, one that only has a right channel. I have a lot of video game MP3s like this. Although I say Mono, I do not mean that it comes out of 1 speaker, it simply means there is a single track that has both left and right audio, which CSM GUI 1.5 cannot handle.

If you have Audacity, import the song, go to "project" and select "new stereo track". When it is made, click on the arrow that is pointing down in the top left corner next to the word "Audio Track". From the arrow menu, select "split Stereo track", you now have two separate tracks, one for the left channel and one for the right channel. simply copy your original song (project-import audio) click in the left channel, paste, and click in the right channel and paste. both should be perfectly synced to the beginning of the song. Then, export as an MP3 and import that into custom song maker.

hope that helps, if I need to I can clarify.
First, thank you for trying to help me out.

I just downloaded Audacity and tried out what you told me to do but unfortunatly I get the same results.

Here's a screenshoft, maybe it would help you out :

(sorry it's in french haha.. The first one is the left channel "Gauche" and the 2nd one is the right channel "Droite") *sorry for the french lesson lol*

When I click on "Convert to BRSTM", the music name in the list just disapear and it gets stuck on "Decoding Left Channel".

Rovelius

Smash Rookie
First of all, thanks for this wonderful app. May not be perfect yet but it sure is getting close to it. Here the very few problems I'm running into.

Saving replays almost always lead to freeze (under or over 3mins). Replays are also scrambled - a grey preview picture, it says the match was recorded on Shadow Moses when we were playing on Brinstar and the characters do not move at all like we did in the matches...

The game always freeze on the results sceen after about 3-4 matches. No joysticks are pushed in any direction whatsoever.

Removing my SD card with BCSGUI open (idle) will usually crash the app.

Just a question : Are FLACs normalized? I converted Nightwish's Planet Hell and the sound is so low I have to almost max out my TV's volume to hear it. I will convert my file to MP3 but it may be an issue to look into, I dunno.

That's all I can think of at the moment...

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
First of all, thanks for this wonderful app. May not be perfect yet but it sure is getting close to it. Here the very few problems I'm running into.

Saving replays almost always lead to freeze (under or over 3mins). Replays are also scrambled - a grey preview picture, it says the match was recorded on Shadow Moses when we were playing on Brinstar and the characters do not move at all like we did in the matches...

The game always freeze on the results sceen after about 3-4 matches. No joysticks are pushed in any direction whatsoever.

Removing my SD card with BCSGUI open (idle) will usually crash the app.

Just a question : Are FLACs normalized? I converted Nightwish's Planet Hell and the sound is so low I have to almost max out my TV's volume to hear it. I will convert my file to MP3 but it may be an issue to look into, I dunno.

That's all I can think of at the moment...
the replays freezing is caused by a custom stage selection screen, not the custom music

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
No, you can load .mono mp3's and convert them to .brstm

nvm wut i said. they work with this program.
Aww :( I don't want to have to go through the trouble of deleting a channel in an mp3... oh well. If you know the creator, can you maybe suggest a mono mode for the next release?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Aww :( I don't want to have to go through the trouble of deleting a channel in an mp3... oh well. If you know the creator, can you maybe suggest a mono mode for the next release?
you dont need audacity! just put any mp3 or music/audio file into the program, add it to the queue, click convert to .brstm, and ur done. thats y this program is so legit.

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
you dont need audacity! just put any mp3 or music/audio file into the program, add it to the queue, click convert to .brstm, and ur done. thats y this program is so legit.
Well I know that... But I want mono, not stereo. I have a piece of junk TV. Besides, mono brstms are a lot smaller. my sd card is only 2 gigs.

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
It's these little things that keep your app from reaching greatness. Until that eventually happens, I'm using BionicSonic's tool.

Oh uh... but I'm curious. When you say your program makes songs louder, does it add a set value of loudness to each thing it converts, or does it adjust the volume for each song it converts to a predetermined level? (it's probably the 2nd one isn't it)

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
It's these little things that keep your app from reaching greatness. Until that eventually happens, I'm using BionicSonic's tool.

Oh uh... but I'm curious. When you say your program makes songs louder, does it add a set value of loudness to each thing it converts, or does it adjust the volume for each song it converts to a predetermined level? (it's probably the 2nd one isn't it)
Can you give me a link to "BionicSonic's tool"? I want to test his/hers out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom