• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

soneek

Smash Ace
@Soneek

Hey, Soneek, I was wondering: How many brstms are being reactivated as time passes? (Basically, I've noticed that all of the Pokepark Pikachu's adventures brstms are all up but a few of the Pokepark 2 brstms, especially those that I really enjoy, aren't up and I just find that odd.)
Those missing songs from Pkprk 2 were made much later than the others.

They're being reuploaded in the order they were originally uploaded.

Also, soneek if that's 26353 how come there's nothing after 26327 in the brstm directory, at least not on FileZilla?
Goes up to 26364 for me.

Did the deed, Soneek.
Thanks, and it works.

Code:
Hello Soneek.

This email is to inform you that your upload of
Needs to be deleted by admin other than Soneek has been removed from
the site for the followings reason(s):

Asked to be deleted

This song page is located at
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/26353

Please refrain from making any future uploads similar to this one.

Sincerely,
Brawl Custom Music

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
OK, so on the list in FileZilla it goes up to 26362, but the next upload will be 26408 ... does the list only refresh every so often?

Also :D

Hello TheUltimateKoopa.

This email is to inform you that your upload of
Boss Battle has been rejected for the followings reason(s):

This BRSTM is bad and you should feel bad.

This song page is located at
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/26407

Please make the necessary improvements, and try again, unless the song
is already on the site.

Sincerely,
Brawl Custom Music

But seriously, now this means that people MUST put a reason for rejecting instead of just rejecting right?

Also, what if there's a whole bunch of badly looped BRSTMs? There should be a way of, say, checking multiple BRSTMs then rejecting them as a bulk, with a single reason for rejecting.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
1:09 am BST .... site is suddenly offline again! WHY DOES IT KEEP ****ING DOING THAT?

*ahem cough hack splutter*

inb4 "Where's that damn FOURTH chaos emerald"
btw, TUK, i'm not doing the Final Fantasy poop, over 1000+ BRSTMs of mine got destroyed -_-

I said poop =3
So. TNG, I can do III DS, IV SNES, IV GBA, IV DS, V SNES, V GBA, VII, and VIII?

I've done I, II, and III for the NES, VI for the SNES, and IX, X and XI for the PS and PS2...

Also good point soneek

And, Segtendo, ironically, one might say the same about 'BrawlBRSTMs2', i.e. me.
Does anyone know where I can get the following OFFICIAL soundtracks?

Final Fantasy V: Original Sound Version
Final Fantasy VII: Original Soundtrack
Final Fantasy VIII: Original Soundtrack
Final Fantasy X-2: Original Soundtrack
Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission Original Soundtrack
Final Fantasy XI Original Soundtrack - PLUS
Final Fantasy XII: Original Soundtrack

I already have SPC, PSF and PSF2 rips but some of the tracks are missing and also the OSTs are better quality and louder.

TheNintenguy

Smash Rookie
The OFFICIAL soundtracks can sometimes be hard to find in good quality (PSF and PSF2 rips for Final Fantasy's are crap AFAIK).

BTW, most Final Fantasy IV-VI Official Soundtracks have Gaussian Interpolation and sounds washed out because of it (you're FFVI BRSTMs are from the OST and are washed out). ↑ Not better quality

You gave out a link to the OFFICIAL soundtracks of all games in the IRC. I could hunt through my logs and find the url if you want?

Also, some of your song names are translations from japanese to english. These names shouldn't be found on an english official soundtrack or in the game. In FFVI "Cefka" is Kefka, "Mash" is Sabin, "Mt. Coltz" is Mt.Koltz, "Mystery Train" is Phantom Train, "Searching Friends" is Searching for Friends, "Stragus" is Strago, "The Empire "Ghastra"" is The Empire Gestahl, "The Mystic Forest" is The Phantom Forest, "The Snake Path" is the Serpent Trench, and "Tina" is Terra. (I assume you have played a translation or haven't played the game at all)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, but that was for a torrent and last time I tried to use that, there were no seeds.

Also, so for any of the PS or PS2 games, i.e. from 7 - 12, I should use the OST, but for the SNES ones, 4 - 6, I should use the SPCs?

With foobar2000, is Cubic OK? Also the default sample rate is 32000 Hz, which can't be changed but, it should sound good on 32000 Hz anyway.

BTW, IIRC, the Dancing Mad medley BRSTMs I used, were from the SPC rips.

I will be honest, I can't quite remember, or understand why the "1-3 medley" somehow starts quietly then suddenly jumps up louder, when the first church organ part starts after about 1-2 seconds... I can probably redo that.

Also, no I haven't played any FF game at all, literally...

And those names from the VI one, were from a FLAC rip of the OSV that I downloaded...
This is where I also downloaded the XI soundtracks, but last time I tried downloading another soundtrack it didn't work.

That's why I hate torrents.

EDIT: Wait, what the heck? My names are correct:

http://vgmdb.net/album/40

TheNintenguy

Smash Rookie
It doesn't really matter what you use, but (from PERSONAL experience) PSF's cannot be amplified that much .-.Do whatever you prefer =P. If you're ok with the SNES ways of producing sound, then that's no problem (It's not THAT bad though...some people prefer it). Just compare your results, and see if SNESamp, fobar2000 or the OSV is better. I could try and do a comparison or something, but that doesn't help you with your preferred method.

They aren't correct to the english translation made by Ted Woolsy(or whatever his name is). Those are directly translated from japanese.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
But Official track names...... are official <___<.

But then, the 'Searching Friends' track IS called 'Searching for Friends' in Theatrhythm <_<.

Do you have a full list of these translations?

soneek

Smash Ace
Yeah, and you could give why the song loops badly, i.e. loop being too soon or too late. Idk about the check box thing, such I don't know how to do that yet.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Alrighty. Since I have the mp3tag.html in my possession, I'll use it to update songs that are broken (the ones that are mine, that is).

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I don't understand.....

The missing songs that WERE going to be reactivated? What do you mean, reactivated? Why does everyone have no clue about anything on this planet?

SonicChrono

Smash Cadet
I don't understand.....

The missing songs that WERE going to be reactivated? What do you mean, reactivated? Why does everyone have no clue about anything on this planet?
By reactivated, I meant that the songs will be available to download again. That's what I'm talking about.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Oh in that case, there are a total of 22,442 files to upload, which totals 84.796 gigabytes.

My upload speed at maximum is about 125 kilobytes per second, which means it'll take a minimum of 8.23 days worth of uploading. Adding the fact that I won't be continuously uploading 24/7, the actual date it'll be uploaded will be much much further than 8 days. Hopefully, it should be out before the Wii U launches in the US on November 18th (or November 30th for Europe.... and December 8th for Japan.... yay!)

Let's say it'll definitely be all uploaded by... the end of October. I'm not saying it'll actually literally finish near the end, but it'll be finished by that time.

SonicChrono

Smash Cadet
Oh in that case, there are a total of 22,442 files to upload, which totals 84.796 gigabytes.

My upload speed at maximum is about 125 kilobytes per second, which means it'll take a minimum of 8.23 days worth of uploading. Adding the fact that I won't be continuously uploading 24/7, the actual date it'll be uploaded will be much much further than 8 days. Hopefully, it should be out before the Wii U launches in the US on November 18th (or November 30th for Europe.... and December 8th for Japan.... yay!)

Let's say it'll definitely be all uploaded by... the end of October. I'm not saying it'll actually literally finish near the end, but it'll be finished by that time.
End of October? That's too long for me to wait. I need to get the right songs especially Madworld for Sonic 3 and Knuckles PC Audio Hack in order to make that game more interesting to my tastes.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Too long to wait? Buddy, this is a site set up to further make the customized soundtrack process that much easier to do. If you need the songs that badly, go do them for yourself or check Brawl Vault for them. At least a third of the music replaced in my hacked set was done by myself.

ReptileAssassin

Smash Rookie
Question:

Before the site went down, I was using the custom music list to find tracks from games as MP3 files that are otherwise hard to find a good version of for my ipod and/or youtube videos.

I've clicked on about 5 different tracks across multiple games, and none of them have an MP3 download, only BRSTM, which I don't think I can use. Have the MP3 files been scrapped entirely, or are they still simply not uploaded as of now?

soneek

Smash Ace
Question:

Before the site went down, I was using the custom music list to find tracks from games as MP3 files that are otherwise hard to find a good version of for my ipod and/or youtube videos.

I've clicked on about 5 different tracks across multiple games, and none of them have an MP3 download, only BRSTM, which I don't think I can use. Have the MP3 files been scrapped entirely, or are they still simply not uploaded as of now?
They were removed so that the site would qualify for ad placement.

ReptileAssassin

Smash Rookie
They were removed so that the site would qualify for ad placement.
Well, is there a simple process I can use to change the BRSTMs to MP3s? Or can BRSTMs already be played on, say, an iPod Shuffle?

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I'm completely inexperienced in the realm of file types. I really want to be able to find music here, because there's music from so many games I used to play conveniently piled up into the same site, and as I'm browsing the list I'll even go in and find music from games I've completely forgotten about.

SonicChrono

Smash Cadet
I know I can find them in BrawlVault, GameDominator. However, there are some songs that are not available for download over there yet.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
End of October? That's too long for me to wait. I need to get the right songs especially Madworld for Sonic 3 and Knuckles PC Audio Hack in order to make that game more interesting to my tastes.
Why am I the only one on this planet who speaks enough English to know what the word 'by' means? It means in this sense, 'before'.

I said BY the end of October. Not AT the end of October. Why is it whenever someone says something like "It'll be here BY Friday" or whatever, they're like "Ugh, that's like 'x' days away". I said BY the end of October, I never said it'll be at precisely 23:59:59.999 on October 31, 2012.

soneek

Smash Ace
The search function is working, though I'm gonna try to make some improvements while I have the time. Maybe have the results show up similar to the "All Songs" page, where you can preview and download them without having to actually go to the song page. And also to add fields to search by Song Name, Game, Uploader, Composer.

soneek

Smash Ace
Do not merge the 2 Guilty Gear X2 games, since they have entirely different soundtracks. And it's easier to do batch updates of composer/arranger info when everything in one game is the same. :p

Yui Hirasawa

Smash Cadet
Hi guys, just letting you know I haven't abandoned you all... ...or worse... I've simply been doing a lot of things that have taken up 90% of my time, that being getting another job and getting a place to rent.

I have set up the forum again as not a lot of people were that pleased with PHPBB.
Link

So yeah, maybe I'll have more time to help out soon, I hope you understand why I have been absent.

ReptileAssassin

Smash Rookie
Nobody answered this question. An answer would be greatly appreciated!

Well, is there a simple process I can use to change the BRSTMs to MP3s? Or can BRSTMs already be played on, say, an iPod Shuffle?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Does no one on this planet realise that Winamp and foobar2000 are, by default capable of simply outputting any playable audio format in those programs, to MP3?

People act like you need to download a ****load of random programs... Winamp and foobar2000 have that ability already. With foobar2000 it's a matter of um, right clicking and finding something that sort of looks like 'convert'.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Yo. TUK. I'll help name the Kirby 20th Anniversary BRSTMs. I recognize some of the songs on there.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Awesome....

Also, I wonder if I'll ever eventually beat you in the most BRSTMs.... AFAIK, I think I'm 2nd. But I'm over 1,000 behind :(

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Hey TUK, let me see if I understand your post in the BCM forum.
If we have exaclty the same BRSTM that were on hte site previously, we can update it and the Uploader will simply skip it instead of trying to re-upload it?

ReptileAssassin

Smash Rookie
Does no one on this planet realise that Winamp and foobar2000 are, by default capable of simply outputting any playable audio format in those programs, to MP3?

People act like you need to download a ****load of random programs... Winamp and foobar2000 have that ability already. With foobar2000 it's a matter of um, right clicking and finding something that sort of looks like 'convert'.
I have never heard of either of those, which is why I asked, so I could find out.

Because, as I said, I have no experience in audio, which, if you had thought about it for just a couple of seconds, would include programs.

But thank you for the answer.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I have never heard of either of those, which is why I asked, so I could find out.

Because, as I said, I have no experience in audio, which, if you had thought about it for just a couple of seconds, would include programs.

But thank you for the answer.
Wait, you have NO experience in audio? You mean you're deaf? :p

But seriously, how does one have no experience in audio? So you've never heard a single piece of music in your entire life?

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Wait, you have NO experience in audio? You mean you're deaf? :p

But seriously, how does one have no experience in audio? So you've never heard a single piece of music in your entire life?
No offense, but I think what he meant was that he hasn't done anything with any of the audio programs before. You know how people usually ask for help when they try something new? That might be the case with him.

Also, pardon the fact that I have been meaning to fix my signature, since it's outdated. I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Anybody wants helps with video of stages for the "Stage Suggestion" section ? I can get clips of the Temple if one needs to x)

EDIT : Do you guys needs 5 minutes footage of Temple, or 3 is sufficient ?

Top Bottom