• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, let's just get this straight. Do you want to change the password because you don't know what the current password is? Or do you just want to change it to something you'd remember? Or something?

I can simply (hopefully) change your password, as can other admins, but I don't think members can.

Also, when a BRSTM is uploaded (from my backup, not actually uploaded normally), how long does it take for the 'BRSTM page' to refresh? I watched 18539 upload, and then went to that page, and even some 5 minutes after, it still doesn't play. Do you have to run some kind of php script to refresh any pages to tell them that the BRSTM is uploaded?

Also, no Alaric, this doesn't concern you and your know-nothing-about-this stuff.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
I want to change the password to something I can remember.

Is it possible for the site designer (that's Soneek, right?) to add in a feature that lets members change their passwords? Not that I don't trust you to change it, I just feel more comfortable not having anyone see it.

soneek

Smash Ace
Also, when a BRSTM is uploaded (from my backup, not actually uploaded normally), how long does it take for the 'BRSTM page' to refresh? I watched 18539 upload, and then went to that page, and even some 5 minutes after, it still doesn't play. Do you have to run some kind of php script to refresh any pages to tell them that the BRSTM is uploaded?
I run a shell script I made to convert any BRSTM that doesn't already have an MP3, which in this case would be the ones from your backup. I just hadn't run it yet today.

Giga Man, I'm not really the site designer, just a helper, but I might be able to set that up. I'll check tomorrow since I'm tired as **** lol.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Soneek, the brstm2youtube isn't working. Instead of making a video of 15:30 in length, it just makes a video of the length of the BRSTM. The BRSTM loops, so it's not a non-looping BRSTM.

soneek

Smash Ace
Soneek, the brstm2youtube isn't working. Instead of making a video of 15:30 in length, it just makes a video of the length of the BRSTM. The BRSTM loops, so it's not a non-looping BRSTM.
Oh, right. That's a new build of vgmstream I edited to do batch conversions. I'll write and send you new scripts later when I'm back home.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I'm going to upload the DS version of Chrono Trigger's Last Battle theme song (with the Lavos scream at the beginning). Well, if BCM loads for me...

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
See my first question, Flame :p

I'm trying to post a post on the forums containing the four recent screenshots of NSMBU from Game Informer.... and it's not gone from that page for ages.

It's weird, sometimes it's like... instant. And other times it's like... never.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, there's Final Fantasy IV DS and Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection. BOTH of these basically have the same music. TCC's music is directly from the OST of the DS version. Therefore, these games should be merged as a single game, that is Final Fantasy IV DS. The trouble is, TheNintenguy has uploaded songs for 'TCC', and FlameHyenard has songs for the DS game.... should the TCC games be renamed with "OST Version", and the versions directly from the DS itself (mini2sf) be renamed with "Game Version"?

Also, I would love to make BRSTMs of the unofficial fan-made Mario Kart Wii U 'soundtrack' by ClefferNotes but I feel that FireLuigi94 already beat me.

soneek

Smash Ace
So I've been thinking...we could use some more help with approving/rejecting songs. Maybe we could do a moderator application program, where we make a good amount of brstms, some good, some bad, and we test them. Tell us what's worth approving, what needs to be rejected, and give every reason they can find for the rejections. Also, they'll have to be good brstm makers themselves.

Just an idea, but I wanna know what you guys think.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
No. He means us. We make good BRSTMs and bad ones and test people if they're good or not.

soneek

Smash Ace
So I mentioned the other day that I had one person in mind for a mod position, and he accepted! Welcome bxaimc to the group. He's one of the rippers from the HCS64 forums, and he has plenty of experience with manual looping, so he knows what to look for in terms of loop quality.

I'll make the application exams for any future mods that we might have.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, he seems like a good choice. It's a better method than how most people choose staff for forums. You know, how people go by how many posts you've made, or how long you've been, which is completely flawed, simply because you could have made 5000 posts, and have been here for 5 years, and still be a n00b who likes to spam dancing banana images.... on the other hand, you could have been here for 5 minutes, yet have tons of experience moderating forums and sites, right? Because just because, for example, I had only registered on BCM within 1 hour or so of becoming a mod (literally... 1, maybe 2 hours), it doesn't mean I never had experience with making BRSTMs.

Truth be told.... I made my very first BRSTMs in June 2010. Early June 2010, I didn't know how to loop them.... later in that month, I learnt how to loop them. By August 2010, I found BCM.... but I knew moosehunter before I knew the site.... well, I knew furry bob, but didn't know they were the same person :p

So um... yeah, it's basically the experience of the subject that matters, rather than simply how long you've been registered on a site/forums, otherwise, well, pinhead's been on the site for a few months if you get me :p

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
They came from 'Dutchie' from HCS64.com

He told/asked me not to reveal HOW he does it, in case people start making requests which he doesn't want.

But it involves.... extracting files, and samples.... I think.

Think MIDIs and soundfonts.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I think that sounds like the best way to do it. They sound so clean, like soundtrack versions.

soneek

Smash Ace
There will be some very noticable changes on the site, within 24 hours most likely. Just waiting for this thing to process...

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well the most recent noticeable thing that I um.... noticed (wow, who'da thunk it? A noticeable thing that gets noticed) was the 'Rejected Songs' thing in the menu.

I did think, perhaps, just to avoid confusion, you could add a note somewhere stating that the 'Rejected Songs' are only the rejected songs of the person viewing it, i.e. "you", incase people are expecting to see everyone's rejected songs.

soneek

Smash Ace
They'll find out that all they can see is theirs. There's only so much room for stuff in that header, hence Pending Songs to Pending, Game List to Games. Also, if anyone mentions the random ads, we can't ask them to click anything. Part of the agreement thingy. :p

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well I have AFAIK, finally done all of the FFXI BRSTMs.... except one.

Ragnarok. And if anyone's wondering why... the OST version fades out too early.

But what about the PSF2 rip? Well, put it this way.... what PSF2 rip? Exactly.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Wait.... there's more expansions?

So, I've done AFAIK, all the BRSTMs of all the tracks from:
Final Fantasy XI itself, and the following expansion packs:
Rise of the Zilart
Chains of Promathia
Treasures of Aht Urhgan
Wings of the Goddess.

But what about:
A Crystalline Prophecy - Ode of Life Bestowing
A Moogle Kupo d'Etat - Evil in Small Doses
A Shantotto Ascension - The Legend Torn, Her Empire Born
Heroes of Abyssea
Scars of Abyssea
Vision of Abyssea?

These can all be found in the Final Fantasy XI OST PLUS, right?

Does anyone know where to get ths XI OST PLUS?

Also, is muggshotter still doing FFXII?

Also, soneek, which BRSTMs can I do for ACCF?

And how long until this can be used?
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/ytqueue.php

If I press "Add to YouTube" would it blow the site up?

soneek

Smash Ace
Wait.... there's more expansions?
Also, soneek, which BRSTMs can I do for ACCF?

And how long until this can be used?
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/ytqueue.php

If I press "Add to YouTube" would it blow the site up?
I think i was doing the town and village themes, and the K.K. Slider themes. Everything else is all yours. :cool:

The site would proabably slow down massively, and I'd have to restart it. Unless the script just stops like it's supposed to. I tried updating the script last week, but failed. I'll give it another shot this weekend most likely. Pretty much all my free time is gone, but we got approved by Chitika, and I wanted to add those annoying little things at the top and bottom of every page really quick.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
They came from 'Dutchie' from HCS64.com

He told/asked me not to reveal HOW he does it, in case people start making requests which he doesn't want.

But it involves.... extracting files, and samples.... I think.

Think MIDIs and soundfonts.
Kind of like how BowieZ did some music for Newer SMBW by using soundfonts directly from the game. I appreciate that kind of effort a lot; it sounds really crisp like Segtendo said.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Soneek, I'm seriously confused.... what am I actually supposed to be uploading?

For now, I've just added all the BRSTMs from my backup, and have set it to skip any ones that are already uploaded...

They will also be uploaded numerically..... that is, starting from 7.brstm up to 24647.brstm

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Just as I start Mario Party DS BRSTMs (well, I have most of the jingles done), FireLuigi94 starts uploading some :<
I'll update his at a later time.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Good job I quickly did those unofficial Mario Kart Wii U ones then :p

This is why I asked about Muggshott and FFXII....

Also, as I said, does anyone know any where I can download the Final Fantasy XI Original Soundtrack PLUS?

I downloaded what I thought what the XI OST Plus, but then after waiting about 30-40 minutes for it to download, it turned out it was the IX OST Plus... but luckily, I hadn't made BRSTMs from those either, so any of the IX uploads today are from the OST Plus.

Also:

We will be making moderator application exams pretty soon, because we'd like more help with approving/rejecting songs. Stay updated, as we expect to have them ready at some point this week.

Look ma, I has dun colored the texty thing to red.

Also, when you approve songs, does anyone actually kind of trust certain uploaders too much? E.g. do you just approve mine without listening, thinking "It's TUK, we know it'll be perfect?"

I might upload a badly looped one deliberately.... of course isn't that the plan for the new mod candidate wannabes?

Oh and Segtendo?

pinhead2778 on YouTube said:
And where the **** is those god damed logos at?
Wow, we better "****ING" get those "GOD DAMED" logos....

TheNintenguy

Smash Rookie
inb4 "Where's that damn FOURTH chaos emerald"
btw, TUK, i'm not doing the Final Fantasy poop, over 1000+ BRSTMs of mine got destroyed -_-

I said poop =3

soneek

Smash Ace
Soneek, I'm seriously confused.... what am I actually supposed to be uploading?

For now, I've just added all the BRSTMs from my backup, and have set it to skip any ones that are already uploaded...

They will also be uploaded numerically..... that is, starting from 7.brstm up to 24647.brstm
You could actually set it to Overwrite if different size. Some songs are "on" the site, but didn't get fully reuploaded, so there's stuff that's technically there, but broken.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So. TNG, I can do III DS, IV SNES, IV GBA, IV DS, V SNES, V GBA, VII, and VIII?

I've done I, II, and III for the NES, VI for the SNES, and IX, X and XI for the PS and PS2...

Also good point soneek

And, Segtendo, ironically, one might say the same about 'BrawlBRSTMs2', i.e. me.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Well, if what experience has told me is correct, once the site starts loading normally, some more of the brstms will be accessible again (for it might be that it's trying to put the brstms on the site and let us load the webpage at the same time, having it do more than one task,..., well that's my theory about it anyway).

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well, it's loading now, so now I can test the thing :D

OK, so I uploaded it.... and it's instantly rejected, and this is what the e-mail says:

Subject: Song #26348 has been rejected

Hello TheUltimateKoopa. This email is to inform you that one of your
uploads has been rejected for the followings reason(s):
Loop start not a multiple of 14336
This song page is located at
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/26348
Please make the necessary improvements, and try again.
Sincerely,
Brawl Custom Music

Now, the only downside is... those idiots who put fake e-mails and then wonder why they can't activate their account because the activation e-mail went to a non-existent address and so there's no e-mail address for the automatic rejection notification system, or ARNS for short .... yes I made it up.

Also, I have 2 more e-mails....

"Apparently the last emails only made it out to a few people, and I failed
to specify what the emails were actually for, so that's my fault.

This is to let everyone know that Brawl Custom Music is back online, though
a lot of songs are still missing. This is due to that fact that our server
was wiped in June, and we're still uploading the backed up BRSTMs. We've
added a bunch of new songs however, including themes from Pokemon Black 2 &
White 2, the Final Fantasy series, Goldeneye Wii, and more.

There's also a different forum added, since we don't have the old backed up
as far as I know. If you have an account on the main portion of the site,
I've already imported your info, and you should be able to just log in to
the forum.

The missing songs are grayed out on the game pages. If you have backups of
your own songs, please contact me at brawlbrstms@gmail.com, and we'll make
the arrangements for you to re-upload your missing songs. We hope to see
you all soon."

Wait, brawlbrstms@gmail.com still works? I thought the entire account was suspended as everything was linked... is it only specifically YouTube that it's suspended on?

Also, a big favour... does anyone know where I can get the following OFFICIAL soundtracks?

Final Fantasy V: Original Sound Version
Final Fantasy VII: Original Soundtrack
Final Fantasy VIII: Original Soundtrack
Final Fantasy X-2: Original Soundtrack
Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission Original Soundtrack
Final Fantasy XI Original Soundtrack - PLUS
Final Fantasy XII: Original Soundtrack

I already have PSF and PSF2 rips but some of the tracks are missing and also the OSTs are better quality and louder.

soneek

Smash Ace
I'll space out the lines in that email to make it easier to read, and yeah only the YouTube portion of that account is terminated.

Also, TUK of Seg, I need you to delete this song.

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/26353

I'm testing to see if the email works for when an admin removes a song. Technically I'd be removing my own song, so it won't work for me.

Also, if people registered using a real email, they'll get notifications after their songs are rejected now.

FFShrine isn't an option, right? I'll see what I can find.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Soneek

Hey, Soneek, I was wondering: How many brstms are being reactivated as time passes? (Basically, I've noticed that all of the Pokepark Pikachu's adventures brstms are all up but a few of the Pokepark 2 brstms, especially those that I really enjoy, aren't up and I just find that odd.)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
They're being reuploaded in the order they were originally uploaded.

Also, soneek if that's 26353 how come there's nothing after 26327 in the brstm directory, at least not on FileZilla?

Top Bottom