• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well soneek's ones have all been 5 minutes, so I'd do 5 minutes. Of course, if you can be bothered and if soneek said it was OK, you could do 10 minutes, or more :D

soneek

Smash Ace
Well soneek's ones have all been 5 minutes, so I'd do 5 minutes. Of course, if you can be bothered and if soneek said it was OK, you could do 10 minutes, or more :D
At least 5 minutes matches, and I made a new YouTube channel called BrawlBRSTMPreviews, since there's gonna be a lot of stuff there. Make sure you change the sound settings to only focus on sound effects in game, and record whatever you want. I plan to have a random fight video play whenever the stage pages are loaded, so we'll need multiple options.

I have a little bit of free time this weekend, so I'll try to get templates of as many stages/victories as I can, including hacked characters/stages.

TailzWolf

Smash Apprentice
When the site is back, one of the admins can activate your account. Which account do you want to use? Also, someone (maybe Soneek) needs to add a note reminding people not to create more than ine account, if their initial one isn't activated, and that they should perhaps ask one of us (admins) to activate it for them.
So....um, is this offer still open?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I would do some videos...... but I have some questions...

What do I need to record it, and how do I record the game?

Or has someone finally made a thing that can actually convert the replay data on an SD card, from the *.bin file, into a 'movie' format?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
.-.
You need a capture card to record videos. The .bin for replays is just a bunch of identifiers for what buttons are pressed with whichever character on whichever stage.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I know what the 'bin' files are :p

I always thought of it as like a list of instructions that says "At 16356 ms, press the 'A' button for 652 ms" or something like that...

That's why I said "has someone FINALLY made a thing that can convert the 'bin' file into a 'movie format', somehow, by I dunno, weird hax and somehow ..... well, you know...

Also, what's the best capture card?

Considering that I have a Sony Bravia HD-Ready TV, and my Wii is connected via a component cable:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
It works. I ripped Super Circuit's music, so I can finish up Super Circuit on the site.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
It works. I ripped Super Circuit's music, so I can finish up Super Circuit on the site.
I was going to do it, but if you want...

Also, you may as well, not just 'finish' them, but just re do the entire soundtrack :p

The only downside, unless I'm doing it wrong, is if you convert the MIDI to WAV, it only converts the single loop, so you have to somehow edit it, in Audacity or whatever, to make it loop.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I was going to do it, but if you want...

Also, you may as well, not just 'finish' them, but just re do the entire soundtrack :p

The only downside, unless I'm doing it wrong, is if you convert the MIDI to WAV, it only converts the single loop, so you have to somehow edit it, in Audacity or whatever, to make it loop.
You can do it, if you want.
Single looping songs are a *****.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
If only you could set foobar2000 to only loop twice, instead of ... looping infinitely when playing, and not looping at all, when converting <_<.

And seriously..... can someone answer my other question?

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I suppose that could work, TUK. Or just ask people on the "We record your Gameplay" thread on Smashboards. You can give them the replays you need to have recorded and use them for the templates. However, if you don't have the infinite replays hack, you will only have 3 minutes worth of video.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I suppose that could work, TUK. Or just ask people on the "We record your Gameplay" thread on Smashboards. You can give them the replays you need to have recorded and use them for the templates. However, if you don't have the infinite replays hack, you will only have 3 minutes worth of video.
*headpalm* or *facedesk* :p

But seriously, that's not a capture card. That's just how I connect my Wii to my TV. I was asking what the best capture card to use was...

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I give up dealing with Pinhead. I told him something something, and he said something that was not related to what I said.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
He also clearly can't spell for ****.

"jungle" = "jingle"

soneek is sonkee
Nintenguy is NinetyGuy

" I have some official MP3 CDs like songs from famous compaines those could be donw too right?"

What the hell does that have to do with anything? ANd now he's like "OMG jingle don't loop so y they called BRSTMs?"

And if I said that "not all BRSTMs loop" he'll just get confused... if that's even possible for him to be any more confused about... the universe.

Seriously, he's actually mentally ********. I mean, there's a difference between not understanding English (i.e. being foreign), and ... pinhead.

And the whole point in him joining the forums is to ****ing POST there, NOT continue ****ing spamming the comments and PMs...

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, it says that Kirby Air Ride - Sky Sands (Unknown Artist) on the list is a deleted file on Mediafire. >.< Just thought I'd let you know. :3

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Wait... people still use this thread to download BRSTMs? It's full of badly looped BRSTMs and the whole 'multiple BRSTMs of the same song' thing is just unnecessarily inconvenient. I mean you don't want to have to work out which one sounds better, you should expect only one BRSTM for each song, and that should be the best.

Also:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/music/brstm/196.brstm

Soneek needs to 'update' the site because that's 196, and I'm already on 821.brstm in the reuploading process of doom.

soneek

Smash Ace
Wait... people still use this thread to download BRSTMs? It's full of badly looped BRSTMs and the whole 'multiple BRSTMs of the same song' thing is just unnecessarily inconvenient. I mean you don't want to have to work out which one sounds better, you should expect only one BRSTM for each song, and that should be the best.

Also:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/music/brstm/196.brstm

Soneek needs to 'update' the site because that's 196, and I'm already on 821.brstm in the reuploading process of doom.
I'll put the reprocess button back on regular pages soon.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
To update the unavailable songs on BCM, do we REALLY need to use the same exact BRSTM to update its unavailable brother, or can we use a more updated one ?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Well, it HAS to be the exact same BRSTM that you uploaded. Otherwise, once all the BRSTMs are back, it'll replace it.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Hey TUK. I found my entire game rip of Sonic 1 Megamix 4.0 beta on one of my drives on my computer. :bee:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Edit: Wow, download the Mother 3 link and listen to song005. You can't believe that this music was literally in a GBA game.
Holy ****. Damn, I think Mother 3, with this style of ripping, has the best quality music out of all GBA games.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
If only you could set foobar2000 to only loop twice, instead of ... looping infinitely when playing, and not looping at all, when converting <_<.
Hold on, I just did this I think...

Let me just go double check what I just did.

Alright, just go to Preferences and check the box for "loopStart/loopEnd track markers" and in the dropdown box do "when loop info detected". It will loop infinitely in foobar but do the typical 2 loops + fadeout when you convert it.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

I've noticed that almost all of the metroid prime (1, 2, and 3) brstms are back up, and that some others are back up as well. Could it be said that the order at which brstms are accecible again is just as random as it was when we were using the torrent to get the brstms a few years ago? To me, that's what it's looking like and I'm curious about whether it's a good prediction or not.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Alright, just go to Preferences and check the box for "loopStart/loopEnd track markers" and in the dropdown box do "when loop info detected". It will loop infinitely in foobar but do the typical 2 loops + fadeout when you convert it.
You're a lifesaver man.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Segtendo? Here's the exact image (directly copied) from YOUR post on the BCM forums:

You already had that option set.

And it doesn't work, since I already had that option obviously.

Also, what version of foobar2000 are you using?

I'm just about to update from v1.1.8 to v1.1.15

But it says 'foo_input_vgmstream.dll' and 'foo_midi.dll' are no longer supported in that version :(

So I just downloaded them separately again.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I'm using whatever the newest version is, since I just downloaded foobar for the first time yesterday.

I don't have that CC 116/117 box checked, since I don't know what it does. And I have the resampling on Sinc, since that's what it was on by default. Everything else is the same for me.

What is not working for you? The looping and exporting, or something else?

Top Bottom