• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
What program do you use to show the decibels, and how do you convert a song so their amount is just right?

When I tested those three songs, they were barely audible on normal settings, but now I can hear them. I try to make my songs about as loud as The Meaning of Truth.
I use MP3Gain.

First, to find out Brawl's music volume, I converted an extracted BRSTM to WAV, and then to MP3 @ 320kbps so that MP3Gain could read it. In MP3 gain, use its analyze function to find out the average volume in decibels (it's not maximum, average volume is the key to perceived loudness).

For your own copy of a song, first normalize it (assuming you haven't already), convert it to the highest quality MP3 you can get, then analyze that in MP3Gain.

Note that you shouldn't use the MP3 to convert to BRSTM, export a WAV from the original source instead (MP3 adds ~.05 seconds of silence at the start which can screw up looping, not to mention quality loss from double re-encoding)

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
I use MP3Gain.

First, to find out Brawl's music volume, I converted an extracted BRSTM to WAV, and then to MP3 @ 320kbps so that MP3Gain could read it. In MP3 gain, use its analyze function to find out the average volume in decibels (it's not maximum, average volume is the key to perceived loudness).

For your own copy of a song, first normalize it (assuming you haven't already), convert it to the highest quality MP3 you can get, then analyze that in MP3Gain.

Note that you shouldn't use the MP3 to convert to BRSTM, export a WAV from the original source instead (MP3 adds ~.05 seconds of silence at the start which can screw up looping, not to mention quality loss from double re-encoding)
Thanks for the info. I thought you forgot about me for a sec.

I use Audacity for looping and exporting, but that bit at the end is interesting.

Gallade64

Smash Apprentice

VysetheLegend

Smash Apprentice
i don't know how to re convert the bstrm.
...What?

If you just want to use it, you don't have to convert anything. Just put it in pf/sound/strm on your SD card, then use the track list in the first post to find the correct name for it.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
...What?

If you just want to use it, you don't have to convert anything. Just put it in pf/sound/strm on your SD card, then use the track list in the first post to find the correct name for it.
i know how the songs work. but some of them are WAY too quiet. dantarion said to dump the bstrm into a wav to increase the volume and then turn it back into bstrm using his program (which i assume it's that BCSM-GUIv1.5). but i don't how to do that. understand?

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
Are you sure they're too quiet and not the others are too loud? Make sure you're comparing the volume to Brawl's default songs and not other custom BRSTMs.

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
Hey now, let's not criticize other peoples' taste in music. If I had to face criticism, I wouldn't have even converted those KOTOKO songs I did earlier (nor would I be considering doing more I've Sound songs).

Smash Apprentice
why on earth would you choose the Mario Hoops 3-on-3 character select theme? "oh, oh, ohh-ohhhhh three on three-ee"
^ You just answered your own question there buddy :laugh:

Plus it reminded me of a certain song from Marvel vs. Capcom 2. I even have a shorter version to resemble that >_>

VysetheLegend

Smash Apprentice
i know how the songs work. but some of them are WAY too quiet. dantarion said to dump the bstrm into a wav to increase the volume and then turn it back into bstrm using his program (which i assume it's that BCSM-GUIv1.5). but i don't how to do that. understand?
Don't fail at communicating then act smug when you're misunderstood.

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
KERO KERO KERO KERO KERO KERO.

KERO KERO KERO KERO KERO KERO KERO KERO​

-

The Suwa Ciru version I made is very very clean compared to the Youtube (Though there's a lot going on). The two vocals are isolated to each channel.

Left(White) = Cirno (Sensei! Suwako wa okazu ni hairimasu ka)
Right(Red) = Suwako (Sensei! Ciruno wa oyatsu ni hairimasu ka)

...meaning if don't you use the red audio cable to play Brawl, you'll only hear Cirno!

-

Also Gallade, get Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, Silver Forest, and IOSYS to have "Touhou" in front of it. It's pretty much all the same game... do it like...

Touhou 10.5 - Scarlet Weather Rhapsody
Touhou / Silver Forest
Touhou / IOSYS

That way the SWR songs are somewhat closer to the UNL songs... and all the Touhou music is in one place.

BTW Happy 0⑨/0⑥/0⑨

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure they're too quiet and not the others are too loud? Make sure you're comparing the volume to Brawl's default songs and not other custom BRSTMs.
if u mean the in the options -> sound in brawl then the bar is in the center. if not then i don't what you're talking about. :confused:

Don't fail at communicating then act smug when you're misunderstood.
wtf? i was just simply saying my problem and hoping u understand it? i didn't mean to act like an a**.

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
if u mean the in the options -> sound in brawl then the bar is in the center. if not then i don't what you're talking about. :confused:
Actually that can be part of the problem. For whatever reason, in some newer nintendo games (like Mario Kart Wii and Brawl) the sound effects are considerably louder than the music, making the music nearly impossible to hear at times.

Like I said earlier, compare custom BRSTMs to brawl's default music, since brawl's default should be the target volume for consistency.

Smash Apprentice

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
Question:

Will this method of music replacement not freeze your Wii online with wifi friends?

Smash Apprentice
Question:

Will this method of music replacement not freeze your Wii online with wifi friends?
As long as the song you're replacing matches up with your friend's song, then no it will not.

EDIT:
Also, I would like to recommend a link for those who suck at organizing their custom music collection and/or having a hard time finding the number IDs of some songs.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R0HOIQAS

P.S. It's in Excel format >_>

theUndead_feature

Smash Cadet

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Hey folks, could somebody please post some Lost Odyssey brstm's? Please? I love all of the music in that game, but I would particularly love to have Dark Saint as a part of my Brawl soundtrack! Here's a preview of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv6_bDfnHGc

Thanks in advance. :)
this isn't the right place. You have to post the brstms here. You already have to had them made.

Ask in the brstm request threads.

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
I Gotta Feeling- Black Eyed Peas is messed up. When you put it in the game, it plays that AKON song. I checked to see if the two songs were switched and they aren't

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
"BlazBlue - Rebellion (Ragna's Theme) By 112 - DEMO"

The audio is very staticy throughout half the song. :/

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
You know what I'd like to see in the future? Custom sound effects. Like replacing one character's voice with famous catchphrases from different celebrities. Now that would be amusing.

Top Bottom