• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

BurningCharizard

Smash Cadet
Well, I fixed the "Code problem" I was having, but another one has come up, and it looks like others have had this problem, too.

The song suddenly changes to loud white noise-like static at some point after it starts playing, and no amount of defragmenting the SD card fixes it. Deleting the song off the card and putting it back on doesn't change it, and even re-doing the song in Wavosaur and the brstm converter doesn't fix it (but all of the above does change the point where the song goes to hell). But the original mp3 is perfectly clean and fine.

I also have instances where one song suddenly switches to another song at some point, then switches back when it loops, sometimes with white noise or heavily mangled (again, even after defragmenting).

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
According to Phantom Wings, too many reads too fast causes Brawl to lock out the SD card as a safety measure. When the game suddenly can't find the song, you'll either cut to static or some random song on the disc.

BurningCharizard

Smash Cadet
According to Phantom Wings, too many reads too fast causes Brawl to lock out the SD card as a safety measure. When the game suddenly can't find the song, you'll either cut to static or some random song on the disc.
But it does it no matter what, whether it's the very first stage and song played or after an hour of playing. It even does it when I go into My Music to see if the song is working.

BBQTV

Smash Master
Here at Smashboards we can't be very open as how to install Homebrew channel, use another resource like Google if you want to figure that out.

The Homebrew channel allows you to run programs not approved by Nintendo on your Wii, one of them is called GeckoOS and it essentially is the same thing as having a Gameshark or Action Replay. As long as you have an SD card you can run codes to modify the games in funny ways (3x size battles, lol) or beneficial ways (no tripping). The entire project of Brawl+ uses solely codes and GeckoOS to improve Brawl. It also happens to have the "file replacement" code that is necessary to run custom music and use custom textures for the game (to make your players and stages look different). You can also put on the file replacement code without Brawl+.

I hope explains what you need and exactly why you'll need it.
ah i c well maybe i will look into this thanks 4 helping me out

BurningCharizard

Smash Cadet
Okay, tried deleting every song off the SD card except for the one that buggers up, and it plays perfectly fine. So I guess there's a limit to the number of songs that can be used. Which really sucks.

Gallade64

Smash Apprentice

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
Okay, tried deleting every song off the SD card except for the one that buggers up, and it plays perfectly fine. So I guess there's a limit to the number of songs that can be used. Which really sucks.
Actually, when you played it as the only song on the SD card, you essentially defragmented it. The problem is that even if you defragment, if the drive or card is TOO full, it won't fully defragment. In this situation it's recommended to use a larger SD card.

Alternatively you can try copying the files on 1 at a time, and then you should find that only the later copied files will give the issue. Also if you use the program Defraggler, you can see which individual files are fragmented and attempt to defragment specific files.

Can someone make a BSTRM of this song if it hasn't been done already? Its really awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsBYeh3yXqY
I can do that one, I have it in lossless (I may not be able to make it loop seamlessly though, I tried a year ago for my Excite Truck soundtrack and couldn't get it to work well)

EDIT: Well I'll be darned, I managed to get it to loop perfectly. Guess I've gotten better over the years or something... (I should make a copy for my Excite Truck soundtrack as well)
[The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya] Aya Hirano God Knows... By Nintendo Maniac 64 - DEMO

EDIT 2: and while I was at it, I did this one for the lulz:
[The Genderbending of Haruhi Suzumiya] Aya Hirano (pitched) God Knows by Haruki By Nintendo Maniac 64 - DEMO

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
With this, all the Pokemon Snap songs are done. There are only 3 missing: the Poke Flute songs (they were all joined), the Out of Film song, and the opening song. That's because they were either too short or had SFX.

All the other ones are here, and they all loop perfectly, more or less. These 18 make it 22.

Pokemon Snap - Beach By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Pokemon Snap - Best Shot By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Pokemon Snap - Camera Check By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Pokemon Snap - Cave By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Pokemon Snap - Course Select By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Pokemon Snap - Pokemon Album By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Pokemon Snap - Pokemon Report By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Pokemon Snap - Pokemon Signs By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Pokemon Snap - Prof. Oak's Check By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Pokemon Snap - Prof. Oak's Lab By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Pokemon Snap - River By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Pokemon Snap - Staff Roll 1 (The Rarest Pokemon) By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Pokemon Snap - Staff Roll 2 (Your Work is Done) By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Pokemon Snap - The Hut By the River By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Pokemon Snap - The Young Photographer By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Pokemon Snap - Tunnel By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Pokemon Snap - Volcano By Eternal Smasher - DEMO

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
Gallade has no Tenko love in his Scarlet Weather arrangements. Good thing I have a remix of her song already made.

Teh Future

Smash Master
So I can't figure out why this isn't working for me :(

I have a file saved w/ the correct format and name (XO2.brstm) Or maybe it is a 0 and Im putting an "o"....

Textures work fine so I don't know why this isn't working, Ill mess with it moar later today when I get home.

outlawpika

Smash Journeyman

Teh Future

Smash Master
OK I was using file replacement 2.1 lol. Now it works and omg this is amazing. Thanks for the collection and the guide this is a lot easier than the one stickied

edit: The victory theme

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Goal By Eternal Yoshi - DEMO

Does not link to a brstm file. Pleeeease fix this if you can, I wasn't even going to do victory themes until I saw this. Its too good lol

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
This is the most epic thing ever... I have a couple questions though.

Is it ok if I used UTD Zac's music editor to put custom music on so the battlefield song is actually "bramble blast" or should I switch it back to the original song list?

I don't know what [Brawl+] is... If I can run codes through code manager and textures will I be good to go?
Thanks for the compliment! Zac's music editor creates codes that has the game redirect which music belongs in which stage among the official songs on the disk. If you use the File Replacement code (adding it by itself in code manager is fine), you replace the music file itself with one you put on your SD card. Zac's music editor won't do this. You want to check out Dantarion's Custom Music Maker GUI (in the links section). Move the brstms you've downloaded to its library folder and use it to designate which songs in the game you want to replace and with what other song.

If you used Zac's music editor to put Bramble Blast (awesome song) on Battlefield, and then used the file replacement code and Custom Music GUI to replace Bramble Blast with another song, lets say a Megaman 2 song, because you put Bramble Blast on Battlefield the Megaman 2 song would now play in battlefield instead. In this way the programs can be used together but its confusing, doesn't help much, and I'd recommend against it. For pain free custom music I recommend restoring Brawls music to its default locations.

And gee guys. I need to figure out what this Touhou thing is all about because everyone seems to be in love with the music. I've been doing updates here and there to the OP to update it. I'm not caught up yet, but getting there.

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the compliment! Zac's music editor creates codes that has the game redirect which music belongs in which stage among the official songs on the disk. If you use the File Replacement code (adding it by itself in code manager is fine), you replace the music file itself with one you put on your SD card. Zac's music editor won't do this. You want to check out Dantarion's Custom Music Maker GUI (in the links section). Move the brstms you've downloaded to its library folder and use it to designate which songs in the game you want to replace and with what other song.

If you used Zac's music editor to put Bramble Blast (awesome song) on Battlefield, and then used the file replacement code and Custom Music GUI to replace Bramble Blast with another song, lets say a Megaman 2 song, because you put Bramble Blast on Battlefield the Megaman 2 song would now play in battlefield instead. In this way the programs can be used together but its confusing, doesn't help much, and I'd recommend against it. For pain free custom music I recommend restoring Brawls music to its default locations.

And gee guys. I need to figure out what this Touhou thing is all about because everyone seems to be in love with the music. I've been doing updates here and there to the OP to update it. I'm not caught up yet, but getting there.
Also need to add that you can't play online with another person unless both players have the same exact default songs for the stage you play.

-

And Touhou is very popular not only for its music, but for its characters. I think part of the reason why the music is so great is because of the fanbase of the characters. Everyone has their own particular theme (sometimes more than one) and when people start remixing them... the fans go crazy. (Also, there's as many songs as there are Pokemon)

I think the Touhou songs are only 10% great if you never played/heard the original in the game or you don't know the character who the song associates with. The other 90% greatness comes from recollection of the bullet hell you went through, remembering the character you fought, and the nostalgia of hearing a remix afterward.

For example... Iku is known for her John Travolta dance poses during her spell card enchants. Her song remix includes snazzy disco bits... but you wouldn't know why there's disco music unless you knew Iku the character. If you did know, you'll get the reference and it instantly becomes epic, hilarious, nostalgic, and SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER.

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
I lurve JAM Project, if you didn't know.

Okay another update. First Place is meant to be a victory theme for Diddy, but DK would use it as well. I thought of that after I converted it. Dur.

Everything else loops well.

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - Chaotic Dance By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Diddy Kong Racing - Crescent Island By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Diddy Kong Racing - First Place By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour - Peach's Castle Grounds By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Jeh Jeh Rocket By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Super Robot Wars Alpha 2 - SKILL By Eternal Smasher - DEMO

MOTTO MOTTO

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Alright more DKR songs! The links for First Place and Crescent Island are swapped though.

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
All three of these had their volumes increased. The only changes here besides that are the download links.

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - Chaotic Dance By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Kingdom Hearts II - Bounce-O-Rama (Speed up ver.) By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Super Monkey Ball 2 - Clock Tower Highway By Eternal Smasher - DEMO
Um, as for the volume, are you crazy? I don't know about the others, but at least "Chaotic Dance" averages at 99db, way too loud for Brawl! Most of brawl's songs hover around 93 to 95db, so 94db is a good target to aim for. (though if it's 93 or 95db, don't worry about changing it, it should be fine)

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
What program do you use to show the decibels, and how do you convert a song so their amount is just right?

When I tested those three songs, they were barely audible on normal settings, but now I can hear them. I try to make my songs about as loud as The Meaning of Truth.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Kirk's Zant Battle Suite song goes all crackley and stuff after about a minute for about 10 seconds. Anyone else have this issue?

Top Bottom