• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
@TheUltimateKoopa

How is what I did from hearing darksamus77's example considered spamming? I want to know how that works.
Guys? Can one of you explain how
"WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?"
is spamming? I can't be bothered.

Also, you haven't answered my other question.
Downloading and uploading? How the hell are they the same thing?
The reason I thought you were talking about the torrent, was that when moosehunter looked at the speed of uploading to the site, you somehow took it into your head that it had something to do with you and the torrent. How the hell is the torrent related to the site's files, directly? What part of "I got them from my PC" is that hard to understand?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Anyway... moose? Can you fix something for me?
$ rsync -avx -e "ssh -i /rsync-key" musicbackup@www.brawlcustommusic.com:/var/www/music /cygdrive/c/bcmbackup
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@ WARNING: POSSIBLE DNS SPOOFING DETECTED! @
The RSA host key for www.brawlcustommusic.com has changed,
and the key for the corresponding IP address 168.144.87.111
is unknown. This could either mean that
DNS SPOOFING is happening or the IP address for the host
and its host key have changed at the same time.
@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that a host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
74:4f:27:4b:b9:b9:20:94:09:c4:1b:4a:10:0b:2b:ad.
Please contact your system administrator.
Add correct host key in /home/Matt/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
Offending RSA key in /home/Matt/.ssh/known_hosts:1
RSA host key for www.brawlcustommusic.com has changed and you have requested strict checking.
Host key verification failed.
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [Receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /home/lapo/package/rsync-3.0.8-1/src/rsync-3.0.8/io.c(601) [Receiver=3.0.8]

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

About the download/upload thing, while downloading, the torrent sometimes pauses to work on the amount uploaded. I think it might be that the amount uploaded is the amount of "stuff" that's available to download.

As for the site's files and that of the torrent,..., it did have all of the files up to when it was last active (until the recent glance activations).

Blame my lack of understanding these kind of things that makes it hard to understand the "I got them from my PC" thing you're talking about.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
@TheUltimateKoopa

About the download/upload thing, while downloading, the torrent sometimes pauses to work on the amount uploaded. I think it might be that the amount uploaded is the amount of "stuff" that's available to download.

As for the site's files and that of the torrent,..., it did have all of the files up to when it was last active (until the recent glance activations).

Blame my lack of understanding these kind of things that makes it hard to understand the "I got them from my PC" thing you're talking about.
We're almost up to 300 uploaded
@moosehunter

Does uploading have something to do with downloading?
Again, what the **** does this have to do with the torrent?
Moose said "300 uploaded"
You said "does uploading have something to do with downloading?"

Do you even know what the basic terms "downloading" and "uploading" means?

As I said, not everything involves the mother****ing torrent!
First you thought moose was referring to the speed of the torrent or something. Why the hell would he?
Secondly, he mentions the number of files uploaded to the site.
And you ask if that has something to do with downloading? What the hell is wrong with you?
Do you dive deeper underwater to get to the surface?
Up ^
Down v
Left <
Right >

Basic directions.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

The reason why it relates to the torrent is because, Utorrent shows how much of a certain task is downloaded and uploaded. In addition, I didn't know if moosy was talking about the rate of my download or what you said he was talking about.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Again not everything involves your ****ing torrent! Just shut the **** up about it!
He's talking about the freaking site! Not the ****ing torrent! Again, how the **** does it relate to the torrent?

Answer my ****ing question you stupid ****ing ****!
Download and upload are not the same freaking ****ing **** ****ed up thing!

300 files were uploaded to the ****ing site! Not your ****ing torrent!
The site.... And the torrent...
Have n-o-t-h-i-n-g to do with each other!

God, you're so freaking annoying!

People... have... uploaded... 300.... BRSTMS.... to.... the.... site....
UPLOADED.

For the 5 billionth time.
DO YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE WORD "DOWNLOAD" AND "UPLOAD"?

AGAIN, STOP ****ING GOING ON ABOUT THE TORRENT!

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

That would be nice (for download and upload).

About deleting the torrent, I still seem to have it up. My guess is that, as long as it's been added to the download list before deletion, it'll still go. However, if I don't get any further progress before the year is up, I'll be holding you responsible for the amount of time I'll need to take to delete the files that didn't make it to 100% playable and obtain them via the site after ruling out those that did make it to complete 100% download. In addition, you'll owe me a brawl match for the cursing you did on top of it.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't get so frustrated if you didn't just insist that everything involves you.
This is downloading:
[Some place on the internet] ---->*file*----> [Your PC]

This is uploading:
[Your PC] ---->*file*----> [Some place on the internet]

Putting videos on YouTube? Uploading
Putting files on a site? Uploading
Taking files from a site and putting them on your computer? Downloading.

There.

I still don't see how moose talking about the speed of people uploading to the site had anything to do with the torrent whatsoever.
It had as much to do with the torrent as beef has to do with lemonade. Completely unrelated.

Again, the site has NOTHING to do with the torrent.
The torrent is being downloaded FROM MY PC!
People can upload what they want to the site, it won't mean you're going to automatically download it.
Torrents only contain what's been given. If you expected files uploaded to the site to automatically somehow add themselves to a torrent containing files on my PC, you're mistaken!

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Ah, I see. Now I get it (for uploading/downloading).

And as for the files, I know they aren't the same as the sites. I'm just finishing off what I've started and then I'll go to the site (since the torrent contains the majority of what I'm after and I want to get the files from it to save me the effort of getting them from the site at the risk of flash cratering on me at times).

As for the torrent's current status, it's availability is 0.239, so I'm guessing that, since it's near the time where you'd turn off you computer, it's probably stopped downloading for the night. We'll see where it's at tomorrow morning (since I'm now 79% done, and don't want to waste the 1 week and 3 days it has taken to get that far).

For where I'm at with the torrent: 10.9 GB downloaded; 2.89 GB remaining to download; and 6.89 GB uploaded. If you're wondering why I've just added this,..., I might as well let you know where I stand, cause the sooner that I finish with the torrent, the sooner we can put all of this messy junky-doodle talk about it behind us.

One last note: When I have something I want to get done, I'll obsess about it until it's done, without shifting my mind onto something else for extensive periods of time. The torrent's download/upload (the slash is to show that they're separate objectives) thing is no exception.

The color is just for the separation of thought. Thought I'd give it a try to see how I fared with it.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Um,..., extremely close to OR equal to zero (I can't really tell since I don't know how to adjust the graph scale, but I'm sure it's close to or is zero). It was once up in the 200 KBs earlier today.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I was referring to the Pokemon Battle Theme one.
What's weird is that it displays the length of the Pokemon BAttle Theme, yet still plays only 2-3 seconds.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So... I'm doing Pump it Up BRSTMs.
I was wondering if create a List for each one of the 12 version, or upload every BRSTM on the same "Pump it Up" Folder.
Opinions?

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
At first, I thought I did something, but I was too tired to bother checking that out. I've reuploaded it ! The reason behind the higher length is that I can't adjust the volume of the mini2SF file to sound equal during the whole song.

By the way, can anyone tell me if there's any sort of difference in terms of instruments between this and that of the Corneria song from Star Fox ?

Welcome to die !

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I have a very inconvenient request.
Disable uploads until the pending list is reduced, otherwise it's like:
*50 more uploads*

Basically, people might end up uploading quicker than they can be approved (or rejected) :( :D :O

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It's like everyone started dumping the files they done while site was down....

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
It might be an inconvenient request, but I do agree with it. Plus, we only have a handful of moderators / admin on BCM (Moosey, Seg, TUK and I). I wouldn't mind if one more person could join the mod crew. :bee:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
How the hell did those get in there...
I'll move them.

Okay. WTF. They say they were uploaded in OCTOBER.
I don't think I even had those BRSTMs ready by then.
I uploaded them to the right folder, but earlier copies found their way there.

EDIT: On a better note, "City Escape - Classic" finally updated correctly :V
Also, should I assume Segtendo looped them correctly and just spam the approve button on his BRSTMs?
My Sonic Generations BRSTMs (the HD ones) are ripped straight from the disc and converted with moosehunter's converter, so they have no loop porblems.

For the other BRSTMs of mine, I've listened to them and they all loop fine.

Top Bottom