• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

I think that's up for you to decide. After all, you'll be making the brstm file.

Anyhow, the reason for asking about the you seeding thing is because,..., well, I guess you already kind of answered that question, since whenever your internet connection flakes out, so does your seeding (that's my guess).

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Hey Seg, do those MK7 brstms not have the background sound effects (the engine mostly)? Because if they do, I'd love to know where you got the clean rips.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Hey Seg, do those MK7 brstms not have the background sound effects (the engine mostly)? Because if they do, I'd love to know where you got the clean rips.
Besides the engine SFX, there are no SFX.
Some start a little late, some fade in.

I got them from FFShrine's forums. That place is a pretty good place to snag some soundtracks.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Having internet connections issues over there, turtle-bait? (I'm having an extremely slow download rate for some reason, and I'd like to know if there's a problem with your seeding so I don't have to go all "I've got to know what's going on"-panic, like I was over the site.)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Oh, I paused the uTorrent seeding because we were having some ridiculously slow internet speeds and I was seeing if it was that, which was slowing it down. But it didn't really make a difference. I just forgot to unpause it :p. I've unpaused it now.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Oh. Thanks for the info. I forgive you for that instance. (I'm not one to hold a grudge just because someone forgot something like that.)

From doing a network test, it stated that I didn't have an open port. Is there something I need to do to open it (assuming that it's required to speed up the download)?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
This song is epic. So epic it deserves a place on BrawlVault !

The BRSTM itself comes from the GBS file of Pokémon Card GB2 (the japan-only sequel of Pokémon Trading Card Game on the Game Boy Color). That game is harder than its prequel, but it's fun as heck ! :awesome:
Pointless post about misuse of a word incoming...
Prequel vs Predecessor.
Predecessor is basically the thing that came before, in a series.
Prequel is something which comes after, but is set before.

For example, imagine a film called "Segtendo", about some weird place called "Segtendo.
Imagine if Segtendo was set in 1940, but Segtendo 2 was set in 1917. Segtendo is the predecessor of Segtendo 2, but Segtendo 2 is the prequel to Segtendo.

Well I did say it was pointless.

Now all I have to do is to wait a few months until assett1 kindly does another of the soundtracks I sent him :p
I'm hoping he can at least make the DKC soundtracks loud enough for Brawl matches :p

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Segtendo

Maybe it's because you're a mod. Either that, or you have some better examples for stuff that TUK is trying to describe.

@TheUltimateKoopa

I think we've established that today is not uTorrents' downloading day. Oh well. Good things come to those who wait.

Never mind. It seems to be going at a better download rate now.

@soneek

Out of curiosity, do you think that having an open port would help with downloading the torrent?

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Okay, I had something show up saying that a file was about to cause my computer trouble. Is there something in the files that I have to be aware of?

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Well, microsoft security essentials said that there was a file that would harm the computer. I took care of the problem and the files still seem to be okay, though I'll keep you posted in the mean time.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Pfft, I just turn MSE off usually. I don't need 5 different "lulz this completely harmless file MAY be harmful" messages.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

I see. Then again, my parents told me to be careful with what I download. Part of it is so that my computer is protected more often than not.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@moosehunter

Out of curiosity, are you surprised by how many pages have been added to this thread since you last saw it?

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I dunno if he might be surprised. But I'm surprised you didn't edit your post to avoid the double-post. O__O

@TUK : Oh snap, didn't know about this. Thanks for the correction :p
Pointless post about request of a BRSTM incoming...

Can you send me the "Theme of Wolverine" BRSTM from Marvel VS Capcom 3, please ?

soneek

Smash Ace
Do you guys wanna actually make this list of music to go with stages?

github is the only place I know of where we can set it up to be edited only by us. It's not that hard to use once you get into it, and it's pretty cool too. I can set it up later after I get home.

soneek

Smash Ace
It's some site where we can create repositories with files, in this case text files for each stage/menu/etc. Then, people can "fork," or copy the main repository, to edit the files themselves. Then each person can "commit" their updates, which is just requesting that they be updated to the main directory.

Here's my piece for the translation project for Black and White. It was a loooong time ago, but you can sort of see how it works. Everything can be edited online, and yeah there were a bunch of people that worked on it.

Edit: Actually, we won't need to fork or commit. I can just add you guys as collabs and any of us can edit the stuff anytime. You would just need to sign up for github. Turns out we can just build a wiki through github.

I just did this really quick and we can update it later.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Flame Hyenard

I know that I did a double post, but I was because I wanted to get the question to moosehunter while he was online.

@TheUltimateKoopa

Is there a time that you usually turn the seeding on for the torrent? (I was planning on having it download onto my computer at home while I was at school, although I wasn't seeing your seed. I had a feeling from that fact that you haven't turned on the seed just yet, but I'd like to know if it was that, or bad internet connection,..., again. Not trying to sound rude, it just helps me focus on important stuff, like the Chemistry Lab final exam I'm about to start at 1:30 USA time, when I know what's going on.)

@Segtendo

Oh, before I forget, is the "Live and Learn" song used in Sonic Generations the same as the original version? (I'm not seeing it in the folder, along with the shadow the hedgehog hub theme.)

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
It's some site where we can create repositories with files, in this case text files for each stage/menu/etc. Then, people can "fork," or copy the main repository, to edit the files themselves. Then each person can "commit" their updates, which is just requesting that they be updated to the main directory.

Here's my piece for the translation project for Black and White. It was a loooong time ago, but you can sort of see how it works. Everything can be edited online, and yeah there were a bunch of people that worked on it.

Edit: Actually, we won't need to fork or commit. I can just add you guys as collabs and any of us can edit the stuff anytime. You would just need to sign up for github. Turns out we can just build a wiki through github.

I just did this really quick and we can update it later.
That looks extremely interesting.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
*facepalm* Alaric, stop ****ing asking me what time I turn the seed on. I never turn in on... it's... always on. I've already told you that. As long as my PC is on, it's seeding. As I said, there's no time that I turn the seeding on.

I've also uploaded a total of 4.85 GB, of that torrent... which I think means that people have downloaded a total of 4.85 GB from that torrent.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Oops. Why do I keep saying "seed" when I mean to say "internet"?!!! I've got to make a data-pod (a.k.a., a note) for myself to remember that!!! But, anyways, sorry about that. Though I'd still would like to know when the internet for you is working (which is what I meant to ask earlier.).

Top Bottom