• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone here knows how to make SPC files so the first loop of a song has the same volume as the second one ? If so, what are the parameters on Winamp to make this happen ?
What do you mean? Are you referring to this?

TheUltimateKoopa said:
To at least stop the "increase volume and beginning then decrease in small 'chunks' every few seconds" thing altogether, to to the Preferences thingy in the Options menu of Winamp.
Go to where it says "Plug-ins" in the sidebar, then select "Input".
Look for "Alpha-II SPC Player", and double-click it.
In the box, select "Custom" for the DSP Emulation.
Next, go to the "Mixing" Tab, and adjust the settings to the following:
Amplification = 0.0dB
Output Threshold = 0.00dB
You will then need to change the AAR option to "On", click "Apply" (NOT "OK"), and then set it back to "Increase" (I have no idea why this is, but it seems to work for me).

I'm not sure whether the 3 tickboxes would affect anything at this point, but I currently have all except "Use Winamp's volume control for adjusting the level" ticked.

The reason for setting the amplification to 0dB, is that there's a 100% guarantee that the volume won't ever change. There is a way to get it to be fixed at whatever you set the amplification to, however, I can't remember how to do that, so this is the best way. Since they'll all be at 0 dB amplification, they will be very quiet, so you will need to amplify them in Audacity, GoldWave or whatever you use to do that kind of thing.
Also, I'm too lazy, but I did actually edit the above quote from the original post that someone added in (I think it was Linkshot), could someone who has access to that account edit the part of the OP with the above amended quote?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Don't forget to amplify them after converting them to WAVs :p. Otherwise, they'll be ridiculously quiet.

Also, moose? I still think this should be what the upload page looks like:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Don't forget to amplify them after converting them to WAVs :p. Otherwise, they'll be ridiculously quiet.

As much as that's a good idea, it seems excessive.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
The Chuck Norris username ? Nope it isn't. =P

In more seriousness, I find it more excessive to constantly reject so-called custom looped BRSTMs when they are actually an E to S type looped song from a video game (which should be labelled as a "Normal" loop) than having this kind of warning on the Upload page.

It might have a "wall of text" feeling, but at least this will avoid most of the "conneries" I've mentionned above. :awesome:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340

Wait, hasn't that whole "multiple of 14336" thing gone away because of Brawlbox? I don't think all the songs I've looped properly are multiples of 14336, but they still loop fine in-game...

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
DS77 : If you don't have a multiple of 14336 for the loop-point, it just add a bit of silence at the beginning, but the song plays fine. Nothing too bad, but it just avoids this unconvenience (except in a few cases of Custom loops).

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Wait, hasn't that whole "multiple of 14336" thing gone away because of Brawlbox? I don't think all the songs I've looped properly are multiples of 14336, but they still loop fine in-game...
Brawlbox aligns the loop points by adding silence to the beginning of the brstm. This isn't preferable at all, so in the encoder that I "made" based off of Brawlbox, I made it copy X number of samples needed to align the loop point off the start loop point and paste it at the end of the end loop point so that it can just shift both loop points up by x samples.

So to get a proper conversion, use this converter instead of Brawlbox.

soneek

Smash Ace
So to get a proper conversion, use this converter instead of Brawlbox.
Nice. Doing that whole process manually was starting to get annoying. Are there any converters that can read files supported by VGMStream, and directly fix the loop points and convert them?

:phone:

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Nice. Doing that whole process manually was starting to get annoying. Are there any converters that can read files supported by VGMStream, and directly fix the loop points and convert them?

You mean like this?
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/crap2keep/vgm2brstm.zip
I've been using something like this, but after you said something, I made it so that you can update vgmstream by just throwing a newer version in there.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
So wait.
You made a .VGM (Genesis sound file) converter?
I remember libertyernie integrated one into his Rate Converter. It works wonders.

soneek

Smash Ace
For some reason, all of the looping CFN files from Baten Kaitos have the same starting loop point, around 15 seconds. Lol random, but it's the first time I've seen that.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
So wait.
You made a .VGM (Genesis sound file) converter?
I remember libertyernie integrated one into his Rate Converter. It works wonders.
No, just any format vgmstream supports. If vgmstream adds support for a new file type in the future, just replace the one in the download I posted.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Lol soneek.

And can anyone help me with my problem? It's on the previous page.

soneek

Smash Ace
Lol I was putting those off for a while and wanted to get them over with. Now I need to get back to tagging this God of War stuff.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Tommorrow I'll be going to Poitiers (over 400 kilometers from where I live) for 1 week, because my father wants to repair the roof of our vacation house which begins to brake down.

That means I'll have 1 week to make a lot (if not all) of FFX-2 BRSTMs as well as starting the Hard Corps Uprising BRSTMs. :awesome:

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Uploading / updating some Resident Evil BRSTMs as well as approving Moosehunter's BRSTMs (he's the boss on BCM, so I know all of his BRSTMs are done right :awesome:)

soneek

Smash Ace
Going through the Black Moon and White Sun remixes. Should have most of them done throughout the day. Well, just the ones that are easy to loop for now.

soneek

Smash Ace
Lol yeah. Some of them have perfect loops that I can notice with just one listen. Others are a little bit of trouble, but not too much. :cool:

The Last Pkmn remix from B & W reminded me of this Kirby medley I heard a while back.

soneek

Smash Ace
They sound so beautiful.

Edit: I just borrowed GOWIII from someone, so I'll be uploading the music as I play through and figure out where everything goes.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm redoing Sonic Advance 2 using the miniGSF rip.

While I look for loop points, I downloaded Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing for the 360.

I got my favorite track converted from XMA.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Is BCM down? Or is it just me? But then, it's impossible right?
One person not having access to any sites? That's possible.
One site not being accessed by any person? That's possible.
But one specific site being down just for one specific person (or at least network)? Is that possible?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Is BCM down? Or is it just me? But then, it's impossible right?
One person not having access to any sites? That's possible.
One site not being accessed by any person? That's possible.
But one specific site being down just for one specific person (or at least network)? Is that possible?
I'll check (it's down)
Yes
Yes
Yes
Shut up

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Hehe, yeah. Also, I can't wait until we reach Page 601, (at least on the 15 posts per page view), because then that'd mean we have... OVER 9000 POSTS!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I know that.. I meant it'd be Page 601 with 15 posts per page, not that it'd only be 9001 posts with 15 posts per page :p Also, BCM is still down? *sniff*

Also, just 79 more posts to go.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I got another e-mail from that mysterious guy, asking about the site.
It's like he's attached to it or something.

Top Bottom