• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

soneek

Smash Ace
I'll definitely keep an eye out for his new releases.

On another note, if you guys have played God of War III, I may need help tagging a bunch of these songs. Different phases of boss battles, parts of the story, etc. The original songs have prefixes saying where they go, like POS for Poseidon, HDS for Hades, and so on. If you'd like to help me out, let me know and we can collab on it or something.

:phone:

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Edit: I already have loop points, so I can put up the OST version unedited with just the necessary volume increases with little to no hassle, if that's more preferable. I would just continues those edits with a few of my friends as a private project.
I guess that would be fine.
You're not assett1, are you, from FFShrine? XD

Also, moose? I know it's incredibly early days, but er, see this game here?
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/768

When we get some decent music, (or any music at all), that doesn't have sound effects, such as maybe an official OST or a rip, would this be a good enough logo?
If that's the final logo, then yeah.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm probably gonna do some Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days BRSTMs since of the abundance of Kingdom Hearts BRSTMs in the last few days.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
No, I'm talking about the original one that appeared in Sonic R (I'm surprised this song is not yet on this folder, which is why I asked for it)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
No, I'm talking about the original one that appeared in Sonic R (I'm surprised this song is not yet on this folder, which is why I asked for it)
Actually, the other day, I got the Sonic R ISO that comes with the MP3s. I was, maybe, gonna do some sometime.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Hmm? The original disc can what?
Can play music on a CD player.
"The in-game music was stored as standard CD audio tracks on the game disk, meaning that the music from the game could be played on any standard CD player."

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Can play music on a CD player.
"The in-game music was stored as standard CD audio tracks on the game disk, meaning that the music from the game could be played on any standard CD player."
Yeah, so just mount the ISO and rip it like you would any CD.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Segtendo is saying that the ISO CONTAINS MP3s, right?
And you're somehow implying that it contains lossless files, i.e. "not MP3"?

So, are the actual files stored in the MP3 format? Not necessarily.
They are stored as "standard CD audio files".
They can be played, therefore, on any CD audio player, so in reality, it's a game and soundtrack in one.

And how are lossless rips made? From official soundtracks, usually ripped with EAC, and the correct settings, therefore, if I'm not mistaken, you can rip the audio from the CD, lossless?

Segtendo? What are you smoking? Since when has a CD audio been MP3? It's called "CDDA" or "Compact Disk Digital Audio", so you can't say you already have "the MP3s", when the files on the disc are not MP3s... unless they are MP3s, but Wikipedia doesn't actually say that.

Also:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2ddywepj9e76euy
http://www.mediafire.com/?77r5w26x01pxj7l
http://www.mediafire.com/?wq1ndgexohjpc6c

3-part RAR file containing FLACs (and Scans) of Sonic R, ripped from the CD (I believe).

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Segtendo is saying that the ISO CONTAINS MP3s, right?
And you're somehow implying that it contains lossless files, i.e. "not MP3"?

So, are the actual files stored in the MP3 format? Not necessarily.
They are stored as "standard CD audio files".
They can be played, therefore, on any CD audio player, so in reality, it's a game and soundtrack in one.

And how are lossless rips made? From official soundtracks, usually ripped with EAC, and the correct settings, therefore, if I'm not mistaken, you can rip the audio from the CD, lossless?

Segtendo? What are you smoking? Since when has a CD audio been MP3? It's called "CDDA" or "Compact Disk Digital Audio", so you can't say you already have "the MP3s", when the files on the disc are not MP3s... unless they are MP3s, but Wikipedia doesn't actually say that.

Also:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2ddywepj9e76euy
http://www.mediafire.com/?77r5w26x01pxj7l
http://www.mediafire.com/?wq1ndgexohjpc6c

3-part RAR file containing FLACs (and Scans) of Sonic R, ripped from the CD (I believe).
I'm saying it came WITH MP3's in the RAR. >_>
I'm not saying the music on the disc is mp3.
Jeez, chill...

Covarr

Smash Cadet
Peeps seem confused, so let me clarify.

It's not uncommon for Sega CD games to be distributed with the data track as a disc image, and the audio tracks as MP3s, in order to save space and bandwidth. Most Sega CD emulators know what to do with games distributed like this. The proper, original disc has the music as CDDA tracks, with MP3s nowhere to be found, but for people who just wanna pirate the game this is often much easier.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, what your saying is that Segtendo did not download a "RAR file containing MP3s ripped from the ISO", but rather "RAR files containing MP3s converted from CD-DA files ripped from the ISO"?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I'm saying it came WITH MP3's in the RAR. >_>
I'm not saying the music on the disc is mp3.
Jeez, chill...
If the music on the disc is NOT MP3 then... why are you saying "But I already have MP3s", when moosehunter asked you to mount the ISO and rip it as you would any normal CD?

soneek

Smash Ace
Can one of you guys deny my stuff in the pending updates? I have some time tonight to put up the unedited KH2 songs.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
ANYWAYS, I gotta finish tagging 368/2 day's gamerip.
That shouldn't be hard seeing how they already come partially tagged. And don't forget to use the ost for the tracks that are on it. The ost tracks sound better due to the DS's relatively limited audio capabilities.
Can one of you guys deny my stuff in the pending updates? I have some time tonight to put up the unedited KH2 songs.

Sorry, I had figured that you would just delete them yourself. That and I've been busy with adding new features to the site and cleaning some old stuff up, so I haven't approved/rejected anything.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Does anyone here knows how to make SPC files so the first loop of a song has the same volume as the second one ? If so, what are the parameters on Winamp to make this happen ?

And I'm thinking MLPBoi does not know how to make proper custom loops. Three of the BRSTMs I've rejected were "E to S" loops, while they were labelled as "Custom" >_>

Not only that, but one of the BRSTMs he made that I've rejected earlier was re-uploaded, without making any modifications to it. >___>

Ediitu Namba turi : MrBart35000vr doesn't do any better : Incendia Castle (a custom track on MKWii apparently) uses the "Hang Castle" song from Sonic Heroes as its theme song. While the last lap version could have been accepted, this user does the same thing as MLPBoi : labelling the songs as normal/custom loops instead of "E to S" and even then, this shouldn't happen AT ALL.

Yet another edit : Why are some of the BRSTMs I sent to update previous ones uploaded successfully, but haven't finished processing after 10 minutes ?!

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Yet another edit : Why are some of the BRSTMs I sent to update previous ones uploaded successfully, but haven't finished processing after 10 minutes ?!
The brstm doesn't seem to be uploading properly or something. I don't know why. It seems to be only you that has the problem.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Okay, so I'm trying to extract Xenoblade Chronicles' "adx.pkb" file inside the ISO.
Quickbms is needed, so I downloaded that and the script. However, I can't get the thing to extract.
Here's the error.

I have the adx.pkh, but nothing is happening. I have no clue which one to use since there's a "static.arc" for each language (the game is PAL only). Any insight?

Top Bottom