• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Competitive Videos - NEW Wifi Wars Brawl Tournament Videos! (2-11-08)

ReiGun

Smash Cadet
I've got a few questions about Sonic and Peach

Peach
1) How is her down smash? I know it does much less damage, but how much less. Also, how much knock back does it do?
2) Has Peach's killing potential changed at all?
3) With everyone being "floatier", how effictively is Peach's floating?

Sonic
1) Does Sonic's speed make him difficult to control?
2) How difficult is it for Sonic to open the Smash Ball?
3) Does Sonic's dair cover enough distance to actually be viable?

Also, I just want to say thanks for taking time to answer all these questions. This thread has been really informative.:)

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
May I ask something? Does Mr Game and Watch use the Landmaster in 2-D black pixels?
ROFL.

Whats Marth's speed like this time around? Is he still fast at movement and fast at pulling off attacks? Or has he been nerfed down a bit?

Irow

Smash Ace
Marth's run speed is more or less the same. His moves come out quicker.

Go to the Marth Question and Answer thread in the Marth Board for percent data. It's a work in progress, but you can clearly see something: Marth is actually stronger than he was in Melee. That's right. All his A moves have recieved percent buffs. Some moves are only a couple percent higher, while others - like the Up Smash are around 10% more.

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
Man, thanks alot. I was pretty sure Bowser would still be bad, but I'm gonna use him nonetheless. Oh, 2 more questions.(sorry)

1. Whats Ike's fastest standard move (meaning non-special move, aerial or ground)

2. Whats Ike's best combo starter, if he has one....

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
A couple general questions from a fellow competitive player ;)

1. Is jump canceled or dash canceled grabbing in?
2. Is it still possible to do running u-smash/d-smash?
3. Can you cancel your dash by crouching? (utility being to do a smash right after crouching)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i'm sorry to be asking this again, but i asked earlier in this thread and iddn't receive an answer. but what are you using to power the japanese wii due to the voltage differences? and if you played for 10 hours straight does anything happen to it? it's really important to me because i'm selling my japanese wii/game after the american one comes out and i want it to last until then...

and like everyone else is asking, jump-cancelled grabs?

edit/ oh yeah, as a falco main, can the space animals (fox falcon and now WOLF, yay!) shorten their forward B by pushing B again mid animation? //// nevermind i saw someone do it in a video

Can falcon still gentleman?

Finch

Smash Lord
wow... I... wow.

Im almost sure now that the completive scene was intentionally attacked.
It certainly does seem like it, but I saw a vid of some really good fox/falco/marth/falcon players that were still pulling off some impressive things, and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x8wygkxDyI

so I wouldn't worry too much.

Also, not to be mean but LeeHarris looks like he plays as falcon regardless of what character he is actually playing, so I wouldn't take his character analysis too seriously right now.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Oh, I guess you didnt see my post LeeHarris, on page 8. Either that or you do not want to go to my thread. Thats fine, I guess I will ask you straight out here then:

Try this out for me. Pick Yoshi and go to practice mode or something, and jump. At the height of your jump do a double jump, but IMMEDIATELY as you start the double jump do an air dodge. Try it many times. Does Yoshi ever, instead of air dodging upwards, just air dodge down toward the ground? This is something that I want to confirm in the final product if you can please.

If Yoshi indeed air dodges toward the ground instead of going up with his momentum, then he is officially able to double jump cancel with his air dodge, something only seen once before in a demo video. Please, when you have the time, try this for me...

Proven

Smash Apprentice
i'm sorry to be asking this again, but i asked earlier in this thread and iddn't receive an answer. but what are you using to power the japanese wii due to the voltage differences? and if you played for 10 hours straight does anything happen to it? it's really important to me because i'm selling my japanese wii/game after the american one comes out and i want it to last until then...

and like everyone else is asking, jump-cancelled grabs?

edit/ oh yeah, as a falco main, can the space animals (fox falcon and now WOLF, yay!) shorten their forward B by pushing B again mid animation? //// nevermind i saw someone do it in a video

Can falcon still gentleman?
Voltage differences? The US and Japan use the same voltage, which is another reason why DSs are so often imported for their other colors. Other than the lack of warranty there's no drawback at all.

Proven

Smash Apprentice
Oh, yeah. Charizard's Rock Smash. Try using it in the air.

And why is Charizard's Up Special Fly when I see no one gliding from it? Figure if you can glide at least. Play as Pit or Metaknight first to get used to it.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
First, thank you for taking the time to post this information and answer so many questions.

But I'm a little sad about the balance problems already showing up. I thought that removing L-canceling was a good thing, but only because I was told that aerial lag was heavily reduced for ALL characters, not just the fast ones...

If no aerial lag reducing techniques are found, do you think that the slower characters will have a chance at all? I'm really hoping for more balance...

Thanks again!

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I just updated the thread with some new stuff. I added a ton of videos that I thought were on the server already but they aren't! Sorry about that! They will all be up within an hour or so, but in the mean time go check out the ones that are already on there! I will be adding them as they finish uploading.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Yeah, I can get some vids of Samus bomb jumping.

jonkeponke: I tried to JC grab about 50 times and I couldn't do it once. I'm guessing that means it's out.

Added a Link + Lucas video, a Snake + Pit video, and a Snake + Diddy video.

xilez

Smash Apprentice
sweet, i cant wait to see if it is still viable in brawl.

Also, do you think Link's upB has been improved(in terms of power)?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Yeah, I can get some vids of Samus bomb jumping.

jonkeponke: I tried to JC grab about 50 times and I couldn't do it once. I'm guessing that means it's out.

Added a Link + Lucas video, a Snake + Pit video, and a Snake + Diddy video.
You really are quick with the vids. Every match I watch I refresh and another one pops up. Can you do one with Sonic and Lucario?

xilez

Smash Apprentice
samus bombs! lol...

Your doing a great thing here Lee, allows people to get there mis conceptions out of the way

chaos971

Smash Rookie
Okay, just a quick question. Is Ganondorf still one of the heavyweights in terms of well, his weight? As in still up their with Bowser and DK? :)

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Few new questions:

Pikachu- Colors?
Lucario- Colors, grab game, impressions?

EDIT: I forgot Squirtle >_< How is he? Is he amazing like I hope? Alt colors?

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
mmm, a PAL player can play a NTSC player?

I want to registrer in the tourney :p

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
snake has invincible frames on his up b recovery.

Edit: also I see you do the choke hold but he doesn't go to sleep. How do you make him go to sleep?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I can't beleive I forgot about Olimar. Could you show off his gameplay, I want to see how he really is in action instead of everyone's opinion.

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
snake looks really interesting and highly strategic if you space well and find a way to sorta deal with some landing lag. But other characters in pretty much in the same boat in that department. Also, attacking in a crawl seems to be the main use for crawling, i like it. Just very happy that we have a brand new smash game, with new rules to follow, new characters, and a competitive game that will most likely be a mixture of some melee tactics/tendencies and new brawl tactics. Thanks for these vids!

iron blade

Smash Ace
Thank you! Finally a video where the Pit player didn't suck or spam his sideB! I only said 'wtf are you doing!?' twice during the whole video instead of the usual seven!. Great videos. Keep 'em coming.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Also, I want to add that we are having a huge Melee tournament at the D-Pad this weekend. If you live in Texas, you should come! We will have at least one copy of Brawl there at the tournament and if we manage to secure another (which about 95% likely) we will have a mini Brawl tournament.

Added Ganon-Bowser, Wolf-Falco, and Sheik-Lucario videos!

Top Bottom