• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl characters we hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browny

Smash Hater
Wolf: i planned on maining wolf from the start, he looked so awesome. but i cant stand how incredibly cheap he is. theres no satisfaction in winning with him and his most effective tactic also happens to be the lamest of all brawls problems. mass spam and camp = win

Pit: i also planned to main him. but his VA... 'you cant defe...' *muted*. and his taunts also make me cry

Olimar: Broken as hell. now with people using that tactic which allows you to only pluck purple and white pikmin you cant get near him without taking huge damage and if you do, d-smash spam with the purple ones makes me rage.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Pit: i also planned to main him. but his VA... 'you cant defe...' *muted*. and his taunts also make me cry
Oh that I agree with. At least I don't hear it everyday, I don't own Brawl yet :< But I think it's gotten slighty easier to tolerate. Even Ike's "I fight for my friends", it's allright in the end

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
I don't like Game and Watch. I don't know why, everyone else is fine (apart from a few annoying voices), I just hate him.

ACSephiroth

Smash Rookie
I decided to join the Pit haters as last night I was playing with Anyone and I was fighting against 2 Pits and someone else. The two Pits managed to get me placed between them and they were playing ping pong with my body as they both spammed Forward B on me.

Mizar

Smash Ace
I hate falco and wolf for laser spamming, which they always do. I also hate Ike since its kinda like yoshimitsu in Tekken (if you know what I mean). And Pit players are annoying too when they only spam side B and arrows.

Wazzle

Smash Rookie
NNID
wazzle
I don't hate any characters, but some annoy me.

Marth: I don't hate him as much as I hate his Smash fanbase. By his Smash fanbase I mean Smash players who love him and have NEVER TOUCHED A FE GAME. It angers me about how they go on about how great he is and how much they love the character when they know NOTHING about him. Argh. He's a good 1 v 1 match though, gives my Ike a challenge.

Ike: I use him all the time, but he can be made almost unusable by some of the quicker characters unless you know exactly what you're doing. He's hard to use because all of his moves take FOREVER that you have to strategically plan even the simplest of hits. And yet, that's not even what angers me. He wasn't a very slow character in his game, and his Ragnell had long range attacks (which would have been a much better B than Eruption). Where did Eruption even come from? It's simply an attempt to replace Roy, because Roy got cut mid-developement. Why can't I go pew pew with mah swordeh? Children are crying due to lack of pew pew now.

Link: My god I have yet to find a good Link player. In fact, I have yet to see anyone make Link even usable. He has bad knockback, he's slow, and his projectiles aren't very good either.

Toon Link: Very little is varied from Link, aside from speed and jumping ability. He's a great character, but the clone is oozing out of him. 'Sides, I wanted Mia or Sothe D=

Space Animals: Their names. FOX? REALLY? FALCO? OHMAGOD. WOLF? LIKE GASP. I'm sure their mothers loved them. They must have been creative GENIUSES in their youth, writing stories about FROG AND TOAD. In fact, the story was called FROG AND TOAD and the main charactes were FROG AND TOAD. My god I loved that book as a kid. Yet, it's not even the fact that original names are unfindable- Slippy the Toad, Peppy the Hare, etc., it's just that the company SUCKS WITH MAIN CHARACTER NAMES.

Olimar: No idea, I just don't like him

Ivysaur: Best Pokemon ever. Too bad Sakurai killed him. With a rusty spoon.

Black Knight/Mia/Sothe/Micaiah/Ranulf/Volug/Hector/Guy/Raven/Soren/Karel/Heath/Jill: For not even making it in the game. You all broke my heart ;.;

Diddy Kong: Get off my face

Sonic: His homing attack is as good as it was in Sonic Adventure. Hello Mr. Pit! LIVE AND LEARRRRRN

Pit: I don't like his robes.

Capt. Falcon: Why does F-Zero only get one rep? FE gets two? Metroid gets two? Yet Pokemon gets seven, Zelda gets five, and Super Mario Bros gets six? Blasphemy. Also, your pink man nipples unnerve me.

Zero Suit Samus: Use your whip like, ten times more and maybe we can start talking. Also, I hate having to go reselect Samus every time I want to use you. Sorry babe, it's ovah D=

Triple D: Sakurai did his voice. No more needs to be said.

Luigi: Why so scared? WHY? WHY? IS IT NINTY AGAIN? EVER SINCE THAT GAME LUIGI, EVER SINCE THAT GAME. WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO?

Peach: Veggies

Mario: F.L.U.D.D

Ganondorf: Take out your sword and FIGHT ME

Metaknight: Uair! Uair! Uair! Uair!

Roy: For being cut mid-developement and thus lowering the number of FE reps respectively.

Wario: His nose is so.... ew

Snake: Grenade happy

G&W: He never lets you down. Literally. Little two dimensional critter keeps using his UAIR >.<

Bowser: For not being as strong as Ike. Also for not having his thunder and gravity defying powers from Galaxy

Squirtle: For not evolving into Wartortle

Charizard: For not having its shiny (black) version as an alternate costume

Pokemon Trainer: For not having Poke Trainer Blue as a rival character

R.O.B: PRIORITY.EXE

Megaman/X/Zero/Axl/Zero's second body/Bass/Roll/ZX (in all four of its incarnations)/Sigma/.NET: Not making it into the game. WHY DO THEY ALWAYS LEAVE ME? FIRST FE AND NOW YOU MEAGMAN? *Wrists*

Samus: Why is your lahzor smaller mommy?

I assure you I love every Smash Bros Character very much =P
You say you love every character, but you just whined about 27 of them. Who do you main, kirby?

I don't really hate any of the characters; however, as an olimar-mainer, I have a sworn rivalry with snake and wolf players...

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
Pit - Too easy to be amazing with

Lucario - lolnextgenpokemon
what is it with you guys and disliking the newer pokemon models? is it because you stopped playing pokemon? well thats sad. i myself is a hardcore pokemon player and think diamon and pearl are awesome games and really needed a rep like lucario and he fits incredibly well. (along as being my favorite pokemon)
The only reason why some of you dont like any newer pokemon kis becasue you stopped and didnt follow how pokemon has devoloped.
And on the side note seeing how mewtwo was a pretty bad character in melee (although second mained him) only thing usable was his smash attacks and neutral special move. Lucario got alot of new features and is just awesome in himself.
If you say lucario sucks. please say it while playing the diamond/ pearl or atleast knew of him before. or just think hes a bad character in the game. "lolnextgenpokemon" is not enoughreason to hate him.

TengenToppaDrill

Smash Apprentice
Your mom's house... Calgary Alberta, Canada, Earth
I just finished a match against Toon Link and have concluded that he is ,amazingly, worse than Lucario. I am not going into detail, but I'll say this : Aerials=unfair x 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Spamming smash Attacks= unfair
Camping= Unfair
Bombs,arrows, and boomerang=unfair
RecoverIES: unfair and he FLOATS
And the worst part is that no matter how many times you dodge him, there is never and opening to attack the little douchebag. Jus unbelievable:urg: Windwaker is one of the best zelda games though and I'm happy he got in, just not this way.:)

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
I'll say Ike because EVERYONE plays as him and he keeps stealing my kills, not to mention he's the easiest to win with. :laugh:

Mr_Hippie101

Smash Rookie
I personally like all the characters. . .though I think that Toon Link was an unnescessary addition. There would have been better characters to add. I think it would have been cool to have Wolf Link/Midna. . .but that's just me.

Asterio

Smash Rookie
I'll say Ike because EVERYONE plays as him and he keeps stealing my kills, not to mention he's the easiest to win with. :laugh:
Wow. That's some reason for hating something. EVERYONE ELSE LIKES IT. I hate rebels, so please tell me that was a joke. I'm total pwn with Ike, I'll be looking for you on wifi :laugh:

Anyway, I DETEST R.O.B. Ergggh.

REDFIELD246

Smash Apprentice
Pit.

I hate him.

All he does is spam is ****ing Side-B.

He is a little *****.

I'm going to kill him; slowly. I will also gouge out the eyes off who main Pit.

****ing Pit.

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
Wow. That's some reason for hating something. EVERYONE ELSE LIKES IT. I hate rebels, so please tell me that was a joke. I'm total pwn with Ike, I'll be looking for you on wifi :laugh:

Anyway, I DETEST R.O.B. Ergggh.
Him being the only character that can easily steal my kills isn't reason enough? Well that's to you lol. I like everyone else just not Ike. :laugh:

Cyberwulf115

Smash Rookie
Lemme think...

Diddy, mostly 'cuz of the nanners, the jungle-genius vibe they tried to attach to him by having him make tons of crazy things out of barrels and the facehugging. He's like the Professor from Gilligan's Island cross bred with the Alien. From Alien.

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAarrowarrowarrowYAYAYAYAYAYA/camp/OPrecoverYAYAnicetryYAYA!!!

Capt. Falcon, cuz he tries so hard and fails. He's like a... crappy version of Melee Ganon, but without the power. A 'clone,' if you will.

Space Furries, because Fox was already creepy in the first game, and then they added 2 more who play 95% the same way. Wolf doesn't even look that different- he just looks like a slightly greyer Fox. And what the hell does Falco grab things with anyway? You'd think someone would just grab his blaster out of his feather/fingers.

Ness was a letdown in this game, he relies too much on the Yoyo. Give him back the Magicant Bat!

Too many people using longswords. How 'bout we get an axe-user in there, FE?

Make the Links more different- TP Link would have been a lot cooler with a Zelda/Sheik style Wolfie mode! Toon Link, I liked WW slightly less than LTTP, which technically makes you my second favorite Link. Grats.

Ganon, you're ugly and old looking now. I'm sorry, but you're just not doin it anymore, you play like my grandfather.

Olimar and ROB... actually, you're cool.

Charizard, you're the most evolved of the Pokes here AND you're fire/flying, why do you KEEP DYING TO A GRASS/POISON POKEMON?!

Also, Cap'n Falcon's FS is probably the most annoying one in the game thanks to that cutscene.

Pikachu's been covered pretty well in previous posts, so I don't need to go in about him, I guess...

That said, I love a lot of the new balance changes in Brawl!! Just needs a bit more originality, too many characters are being rehashed...

Spire

III
BRoomer
I hate Jigglypuff and I always have -- since Pokemon Red & Blue. I hated her inclusion in SSB64, and every time I've seen her since. The only reason she's in is because the Japanese love her, yet we get practically no one that we love. Out of all 151 Pokemon at the time, they chose her. A stupid pink balloon Pokemon who is reminiscent of Kirby. Sakurai only put her in so his pink creation could have a girlfriend.

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
what is it with you guys and disliking the newer pokemon models? is it because you stopped playing pokemon? well thats sad. i myself is a hardcore pokemon player and think diamon and pearl are awesome games and really needed a rep like lucario and he fits incredibly well. (along as being my favorite pokemon)
The only reason why some of you dont like any newer pokemon kis becasue you stopped and didnt follow how pokemon has devoloped.
And on the side note seeing how mewtwo was a pretty bad character in melee (although second mained him) only thing usable was his smash attacks and neutral special move. Lucario got alot of new features and is just awesome in himself.
If you say lucario sucks. please say it while playing the diamond/ pearl or atleast knew of him before. or just think hes a bad character in the game. "lolnextgenpokemon" is not enoughreason to hate him.
The first gen was great. It was a very original game that rightfully deserved a spot among the Mario, DK, and Zelda series.
The second gen was better. It didn't make any sense that another 100 or so pokemon were spontaneously generated in the pokemon world, but I ignored that. I still wanted to catch them all.
The third gen was getting rather annoying. This was where I stopped playing, because I could see pokemon start to degrade into absolute ****tiness. They started inventing even more random moves than in the second gen, they were obviously lacking in new ideas so they threw in the stupid doubles battle thing, but overall you could tell that the quality of the battle animation wasn't much better than before and that the new hundred or so pokemon definitely lacking in the creativity that spawned the first and second gen games. Most of them were just secondhand ripoffs of previous pokemon. It didn't help that for a long time you couldn't even get most of the older pokemon. It was at this moment that I realized that they would release more and more gens of pokemon no matter how low the quality of the product is.
Don't even get me started on fourth gen. Granted, I consider some of the pokemon in this gen more relevant to the first and second gens, but there are still plenty of them that you can't help but say, "wow, another arcanine ripoff," or "that's just a generic cute blob with a star for a head." The series is still going downhill, and I honestly don't see how the stupid masses still buy these things when there has been absolutely no improvement upon the original.

So, I initially didn't want any fourth gen reps in Brawl. Fourth gen sucks too much to deserve it, and none of its characters are unique enough to merit their own Brawl personality. They would all seem too bland. Upon thinking further, I realized that SSB should give the fans of each series what they want, so I revised my inhibitions to allow Lucario. Let the pokemon fans be the stupid imbeciles they are. If any fourth gen character deserved to be in it, it would be it/him, simply because of the movie--the only way any of those pokemon would go beyond being a generic pile of crap. And admittedly, Lucario does look less lame than most of the other fourth gen pokemon. And he would be better than that stupid Blaziken thing, which was probably the least ingenious hopeful for a newcomer.

And actually, I don't mind Lucario as it is in Brawl. I don't think he/it's awesome, but it's better than say, Pile of Lugnuts or Potatohead or LucasNess. Though that still doesn't excuse the fact that it removed a much more deserving first gen pokemon from the roster. Mewtwo kicks Lucario's *** from here to ninth gen and back, and I will never forgive the stupid fourth gen fanboys for continuing to support what has become probably the worst series in Nintendo history.

P-Wubbs

Smash Apprentice
Ike is a beast in FFA, true. He steals a lot of kills in FFA, true. Newbs love people with swords, true.

Of course, everyone knows it takes a good bit of skill to main Ike in 1v1 so Ike can be hated all he wants for his FFA talents. Jealousy is an ugly color.

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
I've seen a lot of complaints about clones. There are no clones. You just think they're clones because 1-3 attacks are similar to another characters.

That said, I REALLY hate... actually, I can't think of anyone I hate. They're all very well-rounded characters. But if I had to choose someone, it'd have to be marth, mostly because of one particular player

TengenToppaDrill

Smash Apprentice
Your mom's house... Calgary Alberta, Canada, Earth
Because he's a newb magnet that takes very little skill to play, and half of the peple online are Ike.
Hey if they payed their money, don't they have the right to play however and with whomever they see fit. Ike, a newb magnet??:laugh:I'll agree with that.
Hmm... so you think Ike takes little skill to play? I'm so sorry:( Jusy one thing left to say:
UMEFINALDESTINATIONNOW!!!!!!
Nani
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom