• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl! at the Mall!-Baltimore, MD-February 28th 2009

Deez.

Smash Lord
I'm going to this. expecting it should be fun.. I got a few questions though. what happen to the other 10% of the pot? its 50,25,15. and why are we getting paid out in a money order?

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
wanna team ps? also i noticed ur in my calc class at school.lol.wolf +olimar=****
really? you go to HCC? say wht's up in class today lolz

@meep
a money order is kinda like a personal check that you can cash at most places (grocery store, bank, post office, etc...)

@deez
and the other 10%... thats a good question... CoT4 part 2? j/k :p
about the money order, are they going to leave and go get a money order after after everyone signs up or something?

and since this is not being ran by g-squad....
mm all members of Tribunal Brawlers :D

o yea, random question of my own... who is doing the brackets?

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
so i dont think wer gonna make it to SoVa...so expect the originals here! either here or at that other tourny happening....not sure which 1 yet....but whichever 1 we goto...EXPECT DOOM!!!!!!! DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miinja

Smash Cadet
Holy hell. I wanna go to this. Count me in...hopefully.

heh, good thing you saw this. 3 DAYS LEFT! :D OMGZZZ

I'm going to this. expecting it should be fun.. I got a few questions though. what happen to the other 10% of the pot? its 50,25,15. and why are we getting paid out in a money order?
lol wtf is a money order?
figures, you guys wait last minuete to ask questions lol.

First off, this IS going to be fun. :chuckle:

10% is TO's fee for time/effort/expenses

The store owner wants no cash payout in his store for various reasons including legal. So after the money is collected and the pot sorted out, we will make an announcement for how much everyone will be playing for (in both singles and doubles) then I will make money orders equal to the prize payouts (which require a fee for each one to make) and will be issued to the winner immediately following the last round.

And P~S summed up well what a money order is.

Also, me along with shaabyy and vas will be doing the brackets.

so i dont think wer gonna make it to SoVa...so expect the originals here! either here or at that other tourny happening....not sure which 1 yet....but whichever 1 we goto...EXPECT DOOM!!!!!!! DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bring it!! :p

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
So Change of plans

I'm coming to this with EE and Plank

edit: scrubs don't ask to team with plank

Get hyped

I am bringing my tv too, so we don't have to play on laggy tvs. JCaesar, car pool??

Waffle may come too

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
heh, good thing you saw this. 3 DAYS LEFT! :D OMGZZZ

figures, you guys wait last minuete to ask questions lol.

First off, this IS going to be fun. :chuckle:

10% is TO's fee for time/effort/expenses

The store owner wants no cash payout in his store for various reasons including legal. So after the money is collected and the pot sorted out, we will make an announcement for how much everyone will be playing for (in both singles and doubles) then I will make money orders equal to the prize payouts (which require a fee for each one to make) and will be issued to the winner immediately following the last round.

And P~S summed up well what a money order is.

Also, me along with shaabyy and vas will be doing the brackets.

Bring it!! :p
Sorry, but the TO does not deserve 10% of the pot. I don't care if you're in Alex Strife/Inui league of hosting tourneys, but even they don't take 10% for themselves. That's what the freaking venue fee is for. Don't charge us for stuff twice, because no one will come back to your tourney.

Also, with the brackets thing, please run the brackets by some MD/VA regulars before finalizing it, as it would be dumb to have crewmates fight 1st round, or pros play each other first round. Again, if seeding is terrible, no one will come back to your tournament.

I don't say this stuff to make your life bad/miserable or to be annoying, please take this as something helpful so that you can increase your attendance and rating amongst the smash community. Especially with another tourney in the area available.

But it's your tournament, so do as you please. I will be there regardless.

Edit: If you really need to pull money out of the pot, increase the venue fee to 6 or 7 bucks. That way you get a share of how many people enter. if 50 people come and pay the extra dollar on venue fee, you get a dollar to keep per person, so you walk off with 50 bucks. That's a much more efficient way to do it instead of ****** the winners pot. Then just do the pay outs like this:

(Singles and teams)
1st-60
2nd-25
3rd-10
4th-5

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Skimming 10% from the pot?

Tant what was that PA tourney you were gonna go to? I may wanna go to that instead.

Miinja

Smash Cadet
So Change of plans

I'm coming to this with EE and Plank

edit: scrubs don't ask to team with plank

Get hyped

I am bringing my tv too, so we don't have to play on laggy tvs. JCaesar, car pool??

Waffle may come too
glad to hear it!

We are going to have rougly 8 tv/setups and 1 is going to be and HD LCD now.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
JCaesar the PA tourney got cancelled so i was gonna go to NJ but scheduling makes that impossible so I have to come to MD tourney this weekend.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Hey Tant, since you are attending the MD Tournament, be sure to let me know how they do setup wise.. pros/cons on how they hosted and ran the tourney since I will not be there. Also, good luck. :)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Alright everyone

Sure thing bolt

Here is the deal

I'm running the brackets. That means I'll be doing the seeding- i'll solicit and consultation from other trusted players to help out. I'm thinking JCaesar/Plank/God-Is-My-Rock/Meep/EEvisu.

I'll be running stuff fast too, so don't get lost in the mall :p

Also, the 10% of the pot will STAY IN THE POT. Miinja will update the post later.

But the venue fee will be increased to $7- $2 discount if you bring a wii or tv.

Hope to see you all there!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
taking 10% is an ******* move.if i bring setup do i get my venue fee waived or only reduced. still lookin for partner if anyone interested. i do like the fact that singles is first for once.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
if you do come here then yeah, lets do it. free agents++originals = too good (forte, me) lol since woodbridge isnt actually a crew anymore >_> :p

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
you'd think with as many **** grenades as you pull you would spell it correctly :p

hahahah but for real, thats an awesome team name ^.^

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
We are going to have rougly 8 tv/setups and 1 is going to be and HD LCD now.
Please keep that HD **** outta here. I'll be bringing 3 TVs btw.

Alright everyone

Sure thing bolt

Here is the deal

I'm running the brackets. That means I'll be doing the seeding- i'll solicit and consultation from other trusted players to help out. I'm thinking JCaesar/Plank/God-Is-My-Rock/Meep/EEvisu.

I'll be running stuff fast too, so don't get lost in the mall :p

Also, the 10% of the pot will STAY IN THE POT. Miinja will update the post later.

But the venue fee will be increased to $7- $2 discount if you bring a wii or tv.

Hope to see you all there!
Well that's good news.

Tant you should have a blue name.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Please keep that HD **** outta here. I'll be bringing 3 TVs btw.

Well that's good news.

Tant you should have a blue name.
LOL yea, I should I have one too.

I get no love. TO's won't accept me and Smash lab won't except me. What's wrong with SMashboards? :urg::chuckle:

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
tant is bringing a tv too, and i can also bring a decent sized one if u want...lol. lets just bring our own and have them make room!!! **** hd tvs

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
We should use the tags "Rigs&" (me) and "RapEE" ( you)

they aren't gonna know what hit em

i have the flu i think though but i'll be better by saturday

whats a blue name

Edit: Waffle is going

Bouse

Smash Ace
I'll record on the big TeeVee. It'll be a nice warm-up before I have to do any broadcasting for Brawl 'Til.

I'll put out a little sheet so I'll remember all the tags when I upload them.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Oh I see. for TO's? Hmmm

well I would have tourneys all the time if I had a venue. But anyways.

Meep/Okin sounds like a beast team, and Candy/Plank obviously is good. If more originals come like Jose/Kornn things could get tough

Top Bottom