• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl anecdotes or: Stupid things we say while playing SSBB.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
This is what I say when on Battleship Halberd:

-When the laser is charging: "DON"T TAZE ME BRO!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?! DON'T TAZE ME!!"

-If it hits someone: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! (very much like the guy screaming in it)

My friends and myself also call Beast Ganon "Manbearpig" and I call Yellow-Costume ROB "Bumblebee :D"

xxjunkyxx

Smash Rookie
My friend always uses ness with the bumble bee constume. I use marth

ME: Watch me swat that piece of **** bee out of the map
FRIEND: *dies* BULL****!
FRIEND: *respawns*
ME: Wow theres more??

Next game, i stay as marth. He chooses Lucas with the orange hair

FRIEND: Oh, you're f**ked
ME: Sorry i never get f**ked by a ginger.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Every time we trip we say " F**K YOU, SAKURAI!"
lol. Everytime i trip i automatically think that but i've never said it out loud.

Here is another one-

Back in melee i was playing in Onett with my cousin and i threw a pokeball at the road and a cyndaquil came out, and then a car came and killed it and i yelled "CAR JACKEEEER!!!" then at the very second i finished saying that, the car hit someone and he flew off the stage and exploded instantly. We started laughing so much that i can't really remember who died.
Everytime someone gets hit by a car or we see a car coming in that stage we yell that or "Road Kill!", it has been tradition since that day waaaay back.

It sucks that they took out mortal pokemon like Cyndaquil and Chansey, me and some of my friends had lots of fun killing them. Those pokemon also made the whole Pokeball thing more balanced.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I'm starting a thing where anytime someone picks Wario, I stand up, point to the TV screen, and yell "FAILED CHILD!"

Comes from when someone was playing him, and I'm just watching, and just retort, "Y'know, Wario looks like a failed child of Mario and Mr. Game and Watch. His movements are skippy like Game and Watch's, but he's simply a fat version of Mario."

spiegel

Smash Rookie
whenever i kill someone with fox i up taunt and shout SUPER SAIYAN

i do it with pikachu as well... :)

DDM

Smash Journeyman
"Epic Failure!" - somebody's sig, I forget who, has Wolf SD'ing when he does the Landmaster on Yoshi's Island, and instead of "GAME!", it says "EPIC FAILURE". I died laughing when I first saw that. So whenever someone SD's I say "Epic Failure!".

"It's the 'I just beefed in your face' dance!" - Ivysaur's down taunt.

"Stage Johns!" - any KO involving stage cheapness.

"The insolence of you!! How dare you make poses before me!" Whenever a CPU taunts when I'm right in front of them.

04r

Hyper Edition
NNID
AceinBlack
"The insolence of you!! How dare you make poses before me!" Whenever a CPU taunts when I'm right in front of them.
:laugh: I say something along those lines too, in a Vegeta voice though :p

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Whenever I beat a fox, or stop him from shinespiking somehow, or... well, anything to stop fox from doing something- I always say "Can't let you do that, Star Fox"

When I KO someone when they are trying to recover & I'm ROB I always say "You just got ROB-bed"

Luigi's KO Up+B: "That's your face"
When I'm fighting off stage with someone, or trying to recover from really far, I just keep repeating "Oh muh dam*, Oh muh dam*"

I always call Kirby a ******** muppet.
Always call Captain Falcon, "Faptain Calcon"

I've long since gotten tired of 'Do a Barrel Roll'; and so I started saying "Use the boost to get through" when I play with Fox.

Come to think of it, I always spam Peppy nuggets of wisdom in a teasing way to 'coach' my opponent.
"Try a somma-sault" (my pronunciation of sumersault)
"Every body, stay alert" (used in teams)
"Use the brake!" (whenever someone has gotten thrown really far off stage)
.... and any other peppy quote

I have not, however, gotten tired of 'its over 9000' so whenever I do the taunt w/ fox where he 'powers/flames up' I always say "Its over nine thousaaaand!"

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yesterday I was trying to get the Ridley trophy, but on my first attempt the trophy fell off the stage, which got me mad (though not mad enough to use foul words). I tried again, but waited until Ridley performed one of his ground attacks before using the trophy stand.

Just_Toms

Smash Rookie
When I'm Ness... I always rep him like a gangster... I'm like... 'What ***** do you know would bring bat to gang fight!? that's right son, NESS!...." And sometimes just to be annoying, I have to mention his yo-yo "****, he's so gangsta he didn't even bring a gun... HOMIE BROUGHT A YO-YO TO WALK ALL OVER YOU n*ggas!" And my friends get all mad, and when I win the match... I jump up and start saying "E.B. ALL DAY SON, AND I'm not talking eBay!" Haha good times, I'm not ghetto, I just like to get "hardcore" when I'm playing the game.... "E.B. ALL DAY EVERYDAY, RECONGNIZE!"

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
*kills friend with a waddle doo from Dedede* Me:"I can't believe I killed you with a waddle doo!!" *utter silence in the room as nobody gets the reference besides me* Him:"I don't even know what a f***ing waddle whatever is!" So now, we call it Waddle Whatevering.

*friend picks Marth* Me:"Marth is GHEY! So fruitylicious."

...what? He is.

My favorite one is "We can call this an infinite combo if you want." Basically, what it means, is the person is stupid enough to keep coming back for more punishment after three or four more tries.

You know you all have been guilty of it. :p

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
This is what I say when on Battleship Halberd:

-When the laser is charging: "OMG! HE'S CHARGIN' HIZ LAZzUrZZ!11"

-If it hits someone: "SHOOP DA WHOOP!"
(...)
Fixed.
10char

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
whenever i play a fox (not afalco or a wolf) and they activte landmaster, i yell LANDAMASTA!!!! has he did in the japan version of the game.

when i use wario waft, i always say these floors have creaks.

i continue to say that young link is top tier

when i die i always metion how meta knight is the most annoying character ever, no matter who i am playing.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
"Oh-Oh-Look at that skillz"

VS Fox "Foxy Mama"

"5 Lifer
4 Lifer
3 Lifer
2 Lifer
1 Lifer
ECT..."

"5 Lifer and ??? Damager
4 Lifer and ??? Damager
3 Lifer and ??? Damager
2 Lifer and ??? Damager
1 Lifer and ??? Damager"

"Noob"

S623

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I don't die at a particularly high percentage, I say "I'm like the Energizer Bunny. I keep going and going!"

Whenever I play with Ike's green costume I say "Look guys! I'm Robin Hood!"

D

Deleted member

Whenever my friend uses Marth, he uses "Wedding Marth".

MARTH IS A WOMAN CONFIRMED!!!1!!!one!

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
me and my brother called "Samus" "Zamus" (in pronunciation) for the longest time, because of the first anouncer (in smash 64). so its always funny to hear my brother pronounce her name that way.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
During wifi, I call up my friend and we Brawl with a sorta voice-chat thing, and so we have very random conversations. Then his little brother comes along and he plays to, and then we have to watch our languge :psycho:

Ok, so I picked random and got Snake with his lepard (I suck at spelling) camo, so I was liek, "When would you ever want leopard (spelling again) skin camo?" and very mater-of-factly, my friends brother goes, "When your surronded by leopards!" he was 100% serious too :laugh:

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
We nick-named white-haired Gannondorf "The Pedophile" and do nothing but grab and use up-B. *giggle*.

We now say TRFQ (Teirs are for ) every time someone plays Pit.

White Marth is known as Elvis, White Peach is still Nurse Peach, and White Donkey Kong is the abomidable snowman.

Mr.Game_and_Watch

Smash Apprentice
My online phrases

FLY FATBOY FLY (When i KO someone in the back)

Cheap like a ***** (when someone does that lame spawn kill technique)

Im a Communist (When Im Red G&W and my nickname is USSR )

Rick James *****

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
Temple Hills, Maryland or University of MD, Baltim
Me playing as ROB throughout many matches

"That's a mobile suit...ITS A GUNDAM!"

(when rob picks up spicy curry) "How is this possible, robots don't have mouths!"

(when rob does his final smash) "AHH, COME HERE! NORTON ANTI-VIRUS AINT SH*T! I GOT SOMETHIN FOR YOU!"

some guy playing as Snake

"Later B*tches!" (says this at the same time he sets off the C4 coincidentally under his feet when he's at about 200% damage...needless to say he goes flying)

friend as Bowser

"LETS SUICIDE!" (right as he grabs me an does a Kooplex off the ring)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
When Olimar does his final smash, the person says "man, **** this planet. im going home"

Whenever we kill ganon, someone has to say "i wonder what ganon is up to" or "hey! i just saved you from ganon!" to which then someone says "you did not"

when sonics FS comes up, they say "sonic the hedgehog? more like, sonic the ***hog"

on snake's FS, we say "I must go, my planet needs me"

when someone is getting really owned, we start saying "gee, it sure is boring around here. i wonder what a close fight is up to"

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I edgeguard my little brother he says, "No fair, I keep killing myself!"

jwj442

Smash Journeyman
Well, this is from Melee, but one of my friends once said in an FFA:

"I'm tired of fighting that stupid fox! Or whatever Fox is."

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
to ganon's down taunt i yell "There it is!! There it is!!" everytime

also, for white and pink CF we created a whole backstory for it. his name is captain flamboyant, and he will NEVER admit that hes gay. we love using his flamboyant punch. we have to scream out "OH GOD THE JUSTICE!" everytime the justice knee connects

and the expletives that come out of my roomates mouth when i chaingrab him on a wall with D3 are just priceless.

and whenever something random happens. no matter what if the question is "how/ why did _______ just happen?" my responce is always, without fail, " mindgames, son."

undeadkirby

Smash Cadet
wen i play ness i end up shouting the names of all his specials. PK FIREEE, PK FLAAAASHHH!!!!
people end skype calls me with me because of one to many PK THUNDERs :3

MeThOd

Smash Rookie
We don't have many in the main group of people that play frequently here.

"GET IN DA POT!" -my girlfriend while using Kirby's final smash
"Byah!" -anyone who lands a charged smash
"im not playing" -people who back out when i join in using pit. =\

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
"You're too sl-*KO*ed" Sonic taunts and then get's killed 2 seconds into the taunt.

"I'm just going to float this way...and that way...staying up here" When Jigglypuff is trying to avoid the Landmaster.

"Ugh, Crab Battle!" Whenever my friend is using Snake and is losing. (It's a reference to a flash movie)

"No, bad Sheik, bad chains" Whenever Sheik does her "fishing for [insert character name]" to me XD

Top Bottom