• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl anecdotes or: Stupid things we say while playing SSBB.

Drazon

Smash Cadet
My sister plays Game and Watch. I've made it a habit of naming his moves.
His forward smash is the "Angry Mob".
His AAA is "The Exterminator".
His Down Smash is the "Hammer Time".
His Dair is the "Sora" (ala Kingdom Hearts).
His final smash is the "Cloverfield".
Oh, and when she taunts with the bell she always says "You just got schooled."

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Ganondorf = George Washington
King DDD= John Goodman
Wario= Danny DeVito

after getting a KO as ike(in sse, we used to joke that Ike is OP), "I pressed one button and KILLED EVERYTHING"

When you use Falcon's knee, "Taste my justice"

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
"Ganon can't fight in Brawl. All he knows is fist to face."

Seriously, see his dair? All he does is flex his entire body to smash your face in.

theJollity

Smash Rookie
When my sister and I were playing Subspace Emissary, we had several little in-jokes.

During the fight between Mario and Dark Zelda CPU, I as Mario used his cape whip behind Zelda and commented on how much it looked like he was smacking her *** with a towel. Then I made up this dialogue-

Mario: (capesmack) YAHOO! Let'sa go!
Zelda: ?!
Peach: ...Mario? :(
Link: (swings in with sword ready) MARIOOOOOO!!!! :mad:

And when she and I were playing as Zero Suit Samus and Pikachu, respectively, she kept falling behind (I was 1st player) and every time she did I'd shout, "FREAKIN' A SAMUS, would you HURRY IT UP you freakin' lesbian!" Why lesbian came out of my mouth I have no idea, but ZSS = lesbian became our big in-joke. "God, it's a good thing they didn't team you up with Zelda, or you guys would NEVER get anywhere!"

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I remember when I went to a party at my friends house, where all we did was play brawl (they're such noobs at Brawl). I remember when I was playing another friend who was actually good at brawl, and I started flashing brown (I play as wario), they all started yelling, "USE THE WAFT!!!!!" I'm all like, guys, stop giving away my plan.
also, whenever I ate my bike, they started yelling, "MOTORMOUTH."

Sir Auron

Smash Cadet
I LOVE to trash talk my buds when playing. I'm always being a smart...ya know what I mean...and I laugh evilly, making them get creeped out. If that dosen't work, I resort to Chuck Norris jokes...

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
Well...it's pretty much random what I scream out while playing Brawl. I always say "Emmoooo" in like a deep voice when I see Ness's black and purple costume.

This is quite embarassing but like when my friend and I were playing Subspace we were at the level when you first play as Zero Suit Samus and since 2 of us were playing there were two of them. So we ran around the level talking like blondes. Then screaming when we saw the R.O.B sentries come out. Yeah >.> Random but funny to us.

FoolyCoolyGamer

Smash Cadet
I blurt out alot of stuff when i play wifi and just dominate people.

"You boys were pathetic! I might as well be playing against 5 year olds".
"Didn't even break a sweat"
"Can I get some ACTUAL competition now?"
"I don't play fair, I play to win"
"Try again when you have some skill!"
"And that's why they call me the Beautiful Assassin"

Wuss

Smash Champion
I was playing with a friend, and he was about to lost his last stock so he paused the game. He was about to end the match, but I said, "wait, wait. don't end it." He un-paused, and after he died, I looked at him, and just said in an incredibly annoying voice, "I OWNED YOU!!!!"

Wheelz

Smash Cadet
Me after seeing a smart bomb, "Yo I've seen that on dojo it blows up." My friend, "Let's throw it at that thing that's right next to US!!!!!!" Next was obvious

Some more now that I've got the time.

Wheelz's Friend: Oh that's Sanke from MGS 2
Wheelz: *KO's with Lucario* Who gives a **** he's a 3rd party character

Wheelz: *Playing Olimar throws Poke Ball summons Groudon.* FACE MY ULTIMATE PIKIMIN FROM HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wheelz's freind: *Final Smash with Bowser*
Wheelz: And that's what steriods does to you boys and girls

Wheelz: *Just lost with Pikachu to Zelda* Zelda is the Micheal Vick of the SMASH WORLD!!

Wheelz: *Watching two people play as Link at the same time* Oh ****! It's Caucasian Link!

Wheelz: *Luigi Final Smash's for the first time* Is this a final smash or an acid trip

Wheelz: *To random Black person Final Smashing with Fox* Now that's how you do a drive-by

Wheelz: *To person that throws a pokeball and like 5th generation pokemon come out* What the **** is that? Yo! Someone get like an 8 year old over here to tell us what the **** that is.

That's all for now....

OrionX1989

Smash Rookie
if anyone knows someone named Freddy, then you have to play wario and grab him and just do the grab hits. wario pokes the person hes holding so you could do that constantly and start yelling "HAHAH! Freddy got fingered!"

someguy12

Smash Journeyman
ok, one time, it was 4 of us, wifi, but we were 4-way on the phone, so we could talk.
so, it was me and one of my friends were at sudden death on eldin bridge, i was toon link, and he was squirtle, and he almost did a Fsmash on me, buy i dodged, and faired him. and he said "dang, i almost got away with it."
and i said " if it weren't for those meddling kids, and that dog too!!" (scooby doo ftw)

later, it was sudden death, (again) i got star ko'd and as i was flying away, i said
"team rocket's blasting off again!!"

also, we call the light blue and pink classic wario "the ice cream man"

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Me and my friend were playing, and he needlessly suicides during a match. He looks at me and says,

"Whoops. Forgot how to play."

Now we use it in real life as well.

"You were in a car crash? What happened?"

"Whoops. Forgot how to play."

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Whenever playing Ike, I mention my friends and how I fight for them as much as often.
I do the same thing too, but it's my friend who uses Ike, not me. He absolutely HATES that line, so I use it to taunt him as much as I can.

*after a loss* Me: "Oh, yeah? You fight for your friends!"
Friend: "Argh, damm you!"
Me(intentionally dumb voice): "I fight for my friends! Hey, lookit all my friends! I'm gonna fight for them! Guess who I fight for? My friends! I fight for my friends!"
Friend: "Aaaaaargh! At least I'm not a freaking hax0r blueberry like Lucario is!"
Me: "Dude, I hax0r the laws of reality. Rematch and I'll destroy you, you know why? 'cuz-"
Me(dumb voice): "I fight for my friends!"
Friend: "Damm yooouuuu!"

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
First day the game was out, some jerkwad named Billy. "I think I saw a wavedash"

Not to mention 4 out of the 6 other people at this get-together were people who wavedashed during melee. When we were arguing with him that it wasn't in the game, he was like "but I know what I saw"

Even if he did see one (duh he didnt), how would you do it on accident? And then argue against people who know how to do it?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Whenever I see an attack that freezes the games (like Wolf's f-smash, C.Falcon's knee, or Zelda's f-air or b-air), I feel the urge to say "OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHH" cuz of the awesome power displayed.

Once in a while, when I win with Samus or Zamus, I get this need to express my feelings with a few words of choice... Most of the time being a sentence composed of the words "Samus", "Is", and "Awesome".

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
When Ganondorf does sword taunt: Hey GanonDork why don't you use your sword?
Holy ****! You call him that to!?

And I thought I was the only one :ohwell:

Heh... whenever one of my friends gets killed (in any game) hes like "You dirty dirty J3w!" The funny thing is... I'm not Jewish.

Mobious

Smash Rookie
The only one that my friends managed to carry over from Mele is: "gangrape (whoever is winning, usually me ^^)!!!"

As for new ones, the only real new one we have is "F**K PIT!!!"

-Mobious-

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
At any point, in any random conversation, at any time, is always a good time to scream out "FALCON PAUNCH" and slap your friend in the face.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Whenever one of my friends gets a Smashball that isn't fox, falco, or wolf, guess what he blurts out.
LANDMASTER!!!!!!!!!!

Lol i feel like doing that now. That is so awesome. Grab the smash ball with Snake, and yell LANDMASTER!!!! Next thing you know, you're hanging from a chopper with a grenade launcher.

Tenki

Smash Hero
After hitting with Ganondorf's Up-B Extra hit:
"SHORYUUKEN!"
Ganondorf's F-tilt to kill:
"THIS IS SPARTAAAA!"

Randomly after KO's, sometimes I say Falcon's "YEASS!" from his Up-B.

Some exchange that I overheard:
"Oh man, don't mess with Ike, you'll get no sympathy from him."
"That's because he fights for his friends"

-___-' it's so overplayed

AlexX

Smash Ace
When using Olimar's Final Smash, I will sometimes say stuff like, "Say goodbye!" or "See ya!"

With Ike's I'll usually say "Gotcha!" or something like that. Especially if I manage to get more than one person.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
charge up Ike's side-B, then ask your opponent "whats your favorite flavor of ice cream?"
while they're distracted, unleash the side-B and Ike will say "VANILLA!".

Tenki

Smash Hero
charge up Ike's side-B, then ask your opponent "whats your favorite flavor of ice cream?"
while they're distracted, unleash the side-B and Ike will say "VANILLA!".
that made me lol when i read it on the ike forums xD

I just remembered this one.
If anyone's played Soul Calibur II, I say Nightmare's "GOT YOU!" when I catch someone with Ganondorf's Flame Choke, or some kind of grab that's going to lead into a finisher hit. For the longest time, I couldn't figure out where that "GOT YOU!" came from, and my brother randomly remembered it. lol@"got you" step.

Whenever I catch my friend Victor with Ike's Final Smash, he goes "AH! This is NOT a fun day in Disneyland! You deceived me!"

Once, I caught him with Lucario's ForwardB, and his was his last stock with 210 damage (I had 125%), and before he launched to oblivion, I paused it and said "And oooh, Jim, he's caught in the throat and is about to get a faceful of palm! What are your thoughts on that one?" He said "Well, Tom, Lucario just stuck his form, reached out, and grabbed a handful of Ganon right now. I'd say Ganon is totally f**ked, Tom." "Totally f**ked indeed, Jim,"

Kirye

Smash Ace
I use Snake alot, and as such I like to use explosives alot. XD Whenever I kill someone with the C4, I like to say "Yeah (Char name), there are bombs there..", and whoever got killed would say "Oh gee, thanks *****!".

Or whenever I kill my friends Ike, he likes to scream "LUCRETCIA!"

And finally, whenever we manage to do a footstool jump, we say "You know, in melee I couldn't do that."

Top Bottom