• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Budget_Player
Falcon hard counters bowser. There's virtually no doubt in the BR's mind, AFAIK, that CF is bowser's worst matchup. And that's saying something, because bowser is quite polar. It's like 80-20. Basically everything CF has breaks the super armor, and once you hit (which is EASILY done), it's child's play to knee->knee->knee or something similarly ridiculous. Bowser just goes DOWN.
Ganon counters bowser. It's not exactly a hard counter, but it's still not going to be an easy MU for bowser at all.
Bowser has counters, and his matchup spread is not THAT amazing. He's actually getting some fairly significant buffs. I SERIOUSLY doubt that he's above the curve. He's kinda like DDD, IMO. A really nice pocket CP, but only semi-viable on his own.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
lrn2buffer

Then DJ away from firebreath. Not that hard.

Then mix up with short hopped aerials.

Watch any decent yoshi fight bowser in minus and you will understand.

That's what I thought, just making sure.
I couldn't find any good Yoshi vs Bowser video on youtube.
Show me.

And really, dthrow sends bowser HIGH, if you grab too early, you will miss this escapable, DIable CG.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I couldn't find any good Yoshi vs Bowser video on youtube.
Show me.

And really, dthrow sends bowser HIGH, if you grab too early, you will miss this escapable, DIable CG.
DJ sends yoshi HIGH, and he has 2 of them.

And LLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL Yoshi's cg isn't DIable, it's a ****ing grab release, it has set knockback!! :laugh:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You better give him something uber ridiculous in place then. Yoshi is all about the tongue.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
DJ sends yoshi HIGH, and he has 2 of them.

And LLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL Yoshi's cg isn't DIable, it's a ****ing grab release, it has set knockback!! :laugh:
Ah, lol.
I was doing a DOWN THROW CG....
You never said that it was a grab release CG.
(I know, vBrawl yoshi... but this is Minus and I thought all the GR were removed)

But Bowser should only take about 15-20%. The uair followup is not guaranteed with DI on the Dthrow.
Uair won't even kill Bowser at the 100%-ish. It doesn't have anymore the electric hitbox, you know?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
It does have the electric hitbox (I don't remember if it's still electric thought). It's just smaller than in 1.0/(1.5?). lol I really do want to remove as many of the grab release change grabs as possible, though.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Yeah, the SS is not eletric, is small and is the only part of Uair that hits the Armor.

Also, was Marth GR on Ness removed? I remember I could regrab the cpu sometimes, but... it's a cpu.

dansal

Smash Apprentice
I tried to get this to work as well but had no success, please send your most powerful wizards to my aid.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
im going to give you instructions assuming you use gecko. i dont feel like giving two sets of instructions, so if you dont have gecko, then youre SOL. im also going to assume you have absolutely nothing on your SD card aside from gecko. if my instructions dont work for you, move everything that you find to be important off of your SD card, format it, and then put gecko (and only gecko) on it. then follow my instructions a second time.

1) download the .zip file from here:
b) extract the files to your desktop.

III) delete the __MACOSX folder.

fourth, open up the BrawlMinus_Beta1.6 folder, and copy everything inside of it to your SD card.

Lastly, play brawl minus.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
doublepost because it's worth it.

i got fed up with the stupidness of the current package.

here's a link to the same exact pack, except all the extra stupid crap is gone:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5f9a4ca5s6212ix

with this, you can extract it directly to your SD card. like. open the file, click extract, then click your SD. and thats it. hopefully thisll solve a lot of the problems of people who get confused.

algandar88

Smash Journeyman
im going to give you instructions assuming you use gecko. i dont feel like giving two sets of instructions, so if you dont have gecko, then youre SOL. im also going to assume you have absolutely nothing on your SD card aside from gecko. if my instructions dont work for you, move everything that you find to be important off of your SD card, format it, and then put gecko (and only gecko) on it. then follow my instructions a second time.

1) download the .zip file from here:

b) extract the files to your desktop.

III) delete the __MACOSX folder.

fourth, open up the BrawlMinus_Beta1.6 folder, and copy everything inside of it to your SD card.

Lastly, play brawl minus.
but how do i actually play? lol is it like going to brawl + updatafier?

dansal

Smash Apprentice
Why isn't it like balanced brawl, with smash stack and the necessary files all in one download? Some sort of copyright or trademark or something?

dansal

Smash Apprentice
Not really, it's really embarrassing to watch and listen to.

Is there a version without these sort of things?

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
What's the problem with vBrawl Norfair in Minus to be replaced by Lavaville?
If you were replacing Shadow Moses, The Summit... I can understand. But, Norfair?

Cool SSS, btw. :)

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Norfair is a large, campy stage, and it has circle camping issues as well. With LavaVille, you are able to pressure the foe into the lava. NOTE: This stage is NOT meant for teams, this is meant for singles.

bleyva

Smash Ace
i think the farting thing kicks ***, and it ought to be used for more characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom