• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brainshock βeta : M2K, MJG, Ally, Pierce7d, Teczero, Joker - STREAMS @ TOP OF OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Can we start a pot? Because I would put plenty of money in that KS beats IL. Hell, sometimes they can even beat me.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
That's fine. Two MW:W states can think whatever they want but iirc IL dominated pretty hard last Brainshock. I don't even think KS was in finals.

And fine Thugz. I welcome all free money.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Just one person from IL. Where was everyone else? Oh, that's right. In the blast zone.

Besides, ENSiS was in losers finals.

Trent

Smash Champion
Just one person from IL. Where was everyone else? Oh, that's right. In the blast zone.

Besides, ENSiS was in losers finals.

Damn. Of course this whole thing is speculation and talk as of right now. Doesn't matter what either side says until the actual thing happens.

Make sure to live stream it / record it.

THuGz

Smash Lord
If you take the top 5 from both the states, even if Kain takes out 2 of KS, I think that the remainder of IL would lose.

Arty

Smash Lord
All I know is the crew battle is starting out with DLA's Ganon vs Fino's Olimar, and IL is gonna have an early 2 stock lead!

Twintail

Smash Cadet
Hey, so I'm not sure if Thugz said anything here yet, but I'm planning on being able to house people for this event. I'm not sure how many yet, but I've finally got a place for the summer in Iowa City so if there are people that need housing I'll have a few spots. I'll put the address up or something if there are still housing requests.

*Also, I'll have an extra set up to bring.

-Leroy Brown

napZzz

Smash Hero
wasn't kain the only person from IL in top 3? Also, arty go tlike....9th lol and he's your guys best player right?

****STORM COMMENCE GO

Teh Future

Smash Master
pierce we should do 2 mm. 1 vs your marth and 1 vs mine.

dittos are ******** >_>

or we can just do friendlies lewlllolollo

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I figured as much. While I know a lot players don't play seriously unless there's something to play on, I personally think that's disgusting. When I'm practicing with my sparring partners, we understand that although the game is meant to be fun, we're also playing to improve, and to be better than we were yesterday. To me, it's an insult if you're not going to put forth your best effort in a match. One man to another, you shouldn't hold back, or it's disrespectful.

That's not to say if we have the opportunity to play many, many matches in a row, I will never goof around. If I'm winning most of the matches, then I'll probably take a fun risk every once in a while to generate a cool moment, and keep the matches fun and hype. If I were completely dominating an opponent (consecutive 2 stock and 3 stock victories) then I would probably start just goofing around, or limiting myself in private by trying to win a match under a specific condition that I wouldn't reveal to my opponent, to add personal challenge.

But I would never just walk into a session with a player, and not give my best effort. The fact that other players do this disgusts me a lot, which is why I've had a no money match policy for quite a long time now. I've recently started money matching again, but only for a specific reason. If the reason is "You think you're better and you'd like to test in a set" fine. If the reason is "You might not necessarily even think you're better, but you want an opportunity to at least learn and play me under serious conditions" I'm not going to charge you for that bro -_-

Also, I play way better in friendlies than under any other circumstance.
Oh, in case anyone else was getting any ideas about challenging me to a money match . . .

Minimum $10
pierce we should do 2 mm. 1 vs your marth and 1 vs mine.

dittos are ******** >_>

or we can just do friendlies lewlllolollo
As long as you read these posts, and accept these terms, then I accept your MM. Obviously, I will be glad to play friendlies with anyone at the tournament.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I don't like anime, but I still watch it. >_>

THuGz probably has some trolling to do before leaving here. I'd better stick around.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
[collapse="I thought I asked you already to stop calling me Doom."]
[/collapse]

I get this feeling you're doing this on purpose. I'm not showing you any mercy the next time we meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom