• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Keep - Bowser Video Archive

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Last edited:

Dε√ilj∦o

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Kuro. Good games, entertaining Bowser you got, looks a lot like mine. You missed a lot of Klaw opportunities (and you got platforms) but I guess its the shieldgrab reflex.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I've been neglecting Flying Slam for the most part because it does less damage than a grab/followup, and without rage it doesn't KO until 100% or so when a grab should KO at the same percent or less.

I feel like Flying Slam is only optimal out of a run when the opponent is at KO percents because it's faster than dash grab or a boost grab (8 frames vs 10+ frames), but I dunno.

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
Hello I have le videos:

GUF #30

(W R3) Flex (Meta Knight) vs Boozer https://youtu.be/otiZK4tWg1k?t=2h54m22s
(W R5) Jezmo (Diddy) vs Boozer https://youtu.be/otiZK4tWg1k?t=3h58m38s
(LF) Jaice (Mewtwo/ Peach/ Rosalina & Luma) vs Boozer https://youtu.be/42xX-oQIBkc?t=7h12s

SmashBox 5:
(W R2) Jett (Zero Suit Samus) vs Boozer https://youtu.be/42xX-oQIBkc?t=7h25m55s
(W R4) Jezmo (Diddy) vs Boozer https://youtu.be/7G7rNzaN7iw?t=22m25s
(L R6) Boozer (Bowser) vs KuroganeHammer https://youtu.be/7G7rNzaN7iw?t=1h28m56s

i was going to upload the sets on my own seperately but i decided i couldnt be bothered maybe ill do it at some point probably but for now glorious timestamps pls advice me tyty <3

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Dunno if this video belongs here... but My Smash Corner has uploaded a guide on Bowser today. :yeahboi:

Thought I'd share it here since I'm a former Bowser main.

"Don't use Bowser, use Sheik" - ZeRo
More like "Don't use Sheik, use Bowser" :secretkpop:

Dε√ilj∦o

Smash Journeyman
People should use Bowser cause he actually has a story, a personality, amazing chara-design, etc etc.

Anyways, glad MSC covered the combos from Nair, and I didnt know that the second hitbox of Ser's UpSmash could true combo into Fair.

pitfall356

Smash Apprentice
I'd actually been wondering about Usmash to fair recently since it seemed like followups were easy to get. I was going to lab it but it sounds like someone beat me to it. Good stuff.

Malle

Smash Apprentice
Greetings Koopa friends!

Here is a Bowser video I made, it is a pretty long one but might interest anyone who already uses Bowser or wants to learn him. Of course, seeing Bowser in action should be a joy no matter what! Enjoy :)

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I'd be lying if I hated being a grump grump but you should post this in the Bowser Video topic.

I saw a few neat little tricks with dair positioning so props on that but I don't think that will be viable unless it's on what was shown. That being players with a low skill floor. Many instances some of the these other characters could have punished Bowser quick and hard.

Malle

Smash Apprentice
I'd be lying if I hated being a grump grump but you should post this in the Bowser Video topic.

I saw a few neat little tricks with dair positioning so props on that but I don't think that will be viable unless it's on what was shown. That being players with a low skill floor. Many instances some of the these other characters could have punished Bowser quick and hard.
Shiek can nair it immediately, but it works on certain characters with slower start up aerials.

Edit: at the right % with enough hit stun you can in fact turn it into a true combo. I am not playing at low skill, this ZSS I fight spammed jump and didn't get out at around 50%~. Its frame perfect and not so much reliable though, still works.

Last edited:

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman

Hey guys! Here's an old replay of :4bowser: vs :4falcon: I had about a week or so after patch 1.1.3 came out. Sorry for the quality...but I hope you guys enjoy it!

Silent Assasin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-5557-9574
Hello my fellow Bowser mains! I was wondering if any of you could critique a few of my matches? These videos are somewhat old from last year. I forgot to come here after they happened.

This is a match versus a Shiek player: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmJiWvmg7cM&index=207&list=PL-ZZxiBKUOziDoTwzbMUdry_HvYqW266F Watch 5:30 for my Bowser play.

This is a match versus a Pikachu player: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdRRpVu4_8Y&index=208&list=PL-ZZxiBKUOziDoTwzbMUdry_HvYqW266F Got dominated hahaha!

arcticfox_14

Smash Cadet
NNID
arcticfox14
Don't see a lot of Bowser ditto videos, so I figured I'd post some friendly Wi-Fi matches I had with another good Bowser from my local tristate scene. I didn't realize the mic was turned off until after the stream, so you'll miss out on my commentary.

https://youtu.be/vc86ShkLZ_4?t=2m33s

It took me awhile to grow accustomed to his aggressive aerial approaches, and he felt more experienced than I at offstage play, but I think we both learned a lot since dittos are hard to come by for us. Standard wi-fi input errors abounded as well, we'll certainly play some locals eventually. :) Enjoy!

EDIT: Changed to Youtube for permanence.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
That was DISGUSTING.....I'm gonna watch 6 more times.
Heh, I can't really blame the Roy player: it's hard to fight the instinct to shield when it's so ingrained in SSB players.

I can only imagine what it must be like to go back and forth from Melee to SSBB/4 and have to completely change how you treat airdodges...

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Something funny happened on For Glory a few days ago (this was before 1.1.5). I was playing bowser and ran into a rather cocky sheik player (shocking, I know). What ensued was the most satisfying game against a sheik I've ever played. Also, feel free to critique my gameplay if you see anything I could've done better.

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
Something funny happened on For Glory a few days ago (this was before 1.1.5). I was playing bowser and ran into a rather cocky sheik player (shocking, I know). What ensued was the most satisfying game against a sheik I've ever played. Also, feel free to critique my gameplay if you see anything I could've done better.

Rip shork. Decent vid. A little overuse of Bowser Bombs. On a character like Sheik, you're leaving yourself wide open. Give her as few chances as possible.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Rip shork. Decent vid. A little overuse of Bowser Bombs. On a character like Sheik, you're leaving yourself wide open. Give her as fee chances as possible.
Yeah, I may have gone overboard. I was hoping to catch her overextending (as overconfident players tend to do), but she was actually respecting the downB as an option.

arcticfox_14

Smash Cadet
NNID
arcticfox14
For anyone who wants to know more about the Rosa matchup: don't SD going for platform shield breaks, her u-air beats Bowser Bomb, her d-air beats fortress and most getup options, everything beats everything. Kill luma. Get juggled a lot. Watch for u-air through the ledge.

https://youtu.be/uJ2Lw-Sgh5Q

Run under nair for a pivot grab or Klaw is apparently a thing, though...

Also, don't record on a potato phone that overheats halfway through game 2. That one isn't Rosa-specific though.

Cronoc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cronoc
For anyone who wants to know more about the Rosa matchup: don't SD going for platform shield breaks, her u-air beats Bowser Bomb, her d-air beats fortress and most getup options, everything beats everything. Kill luma. Get juggled a lot. Watch for u-air through the ledge.

https://youtu.be/uJ2Lw-Sgh5Q

Run under nair for a pivot grab or Klaw is apparently a thing, though...

Also, don't record on a potato phone that overheats halfway through game 2. That one isn't Rosa-specific though.
General comments:

Running under nair would only be possible if Luma isn't with Rosa. Luma covers underneath Rosa during nair normally. I'd like to see you slow it down against Rosa. While Luma is there you have to play defensively, and throws won't get you much. When Luma is gone you've got to turn it up, that's the time to be aggressive. But not so aggressive that you throw something laggy and let Rosa grab you to stall for time.

Less fortresses unless they're being used to specifically to throw Luma off the stage. More grabs while Luma is gone. Aerial Bowser bomb doesn't mean much in this matchup unless you take them by surprise. This is a matchup where Bowser can take 70% damage without landing a hit and bring it all back as soon as Luma is gone, you've gotta pick your places and not let Rosa stall. Remember Rosa's up b has no hitbox, so if they are too low you should try to intercept with a runoff aerial or at least flame breath. While she has her second jump Rosa isn't worth going offstage to edge-guard against, but if she burns it with a uair under the stage, (which you should try to shield, no onstage attack will help you against her uair), she's practically asking you to runoff bair her for a stage spike.

Rosa is really frustrating, and the Rosa you played against didn't even exploit some of the crazier things the character can do, like leaving Luma throwing out a continuous hitbox at the ledge while you try to recover. It's a tough one. As Bowser, we have to stay focused and make the most of any opportunities.

GerudoKong

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Forgive my scrubbiness, but sometimes, you just go for stuff and it works and you almost look like you know what you're doing and it makes for a slightly entertaining video or two.

Last edited:

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
Forgive my scrubbiness, but sometimes, you just go for stuff and it works and you almost look like you know what you're doing and it makes for a slightly entertaining video or two.

Dear God, enough shield breaks to make a man cry tears of joy. I wish I got as many shield breaks as you.

Top Bottom