• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Flame

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Can you tell me how you (as in each individual one of you) uses Bowser's Neutral B? What is it good for?

I didn't put it in the Q&A thread because it is likely to get only one or two responses, due to the nature of the topic and it's speed. This is what happened on the ZSS board, so I would like to know how you each use Bowser's N-Special.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
depends on a few factors
can be used to make an early explosion on explosives, most of them anyway, snake's downB is impervious, but his Dsmash is not so that works
it can be used to keep snake's missle away, but you got to know it is coming and it takes a while to make it explode so not too reliable

B!squick

Smash Master
I've heard tell of it used as a follow up to Down Throw. I've never even thought of trying this, so I don't know. And if it does work, it'll probably only work the first time. I use it mainly to space the characters that can't get through it too well or to keep space animals off stage... for good.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Well I usually use it when I know my opponent is agressive. I usually do a short-hop to fake them out and flame them. I also use it to cancel out projectiles [that was before i realized jab and ftilt were better] and i also use it for edgeguards, although i find it more reliable to just chase offstage [for me].

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
run away have the opponent chase u. then b reversal fire breath.works quite well.by the time u turn the other way u will be flaming.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
run away have the opponent chase u. then b reversal fire breath.works quite well.by the time u turn the other way u will be flaming.
yeah but make sure it isn't too obvious if fighting Fox, or Wolf, the Reflector would reflect it just like anything else, so you couldn't do it too much against them, but on people like Ike or Marth it would work
just remembered too, it can stop charging attacks like quick draw, just make sure you get it up in time

Not sure if this is useful or not, but snake's grenades seem to just bounce off of the flames wether it is thrown or tossed. From all the testing I've done with that never once has it exploded when making contact with the flames, only after the fuse is up.

JayDeth... The siggy X.x

B!squick

Smash Master
It's like he's staring right at you from the computer screen... into your soul even...

Anyway, yeah, Firebreath makes only slightly more difficult to 'nade camp as Snake could probably throw it over the flames or just wait for you to end it and DACUS you.

It's mildly useful though against thrown nades aslong as you end the B move as soon as possible.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Not sure if this is useful or not, but snake's grenades seem to just bounce off of the flames wether it is thrown or tossed. From all the testing I've done with that never once has it exploded when making contact with the flames, only after the fuse is up.

JayDeth... The siggy X.x
I think the flame will blow up a grounded nade, but it clanks with a thrown or bounced nade

I'm not too certain, is been awhile since I played a Bowser

Jonas

Smash Champion
Firebreath sucks on the stage. It works pretty good to rack up damage if you can catch your opponent with it. But if you keep it out for too long they will just DI into it and do something horrible to you! (well depends on the character. For instance, I know Zelda can punish Bowser really badly if he uses firebreath on her x_x)

But yeah, as MrEh said, use it on fatties. After playing a match against Kirby you'll know how well it works on fatties :/

Also when edgeguarding, I sometimes just tap the B button. If they're expecting a lengthy shower of flames, they might not react quickly enough not to get edgehogged :D

Top Bottom