• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser vs. MK is probably not 45-55

Popertop

Smash Champion
We think it's 60:40 in Bowser's advantage now.
you can play theory fighter all you want, but Meta can just take advantage of Bowser's weakness waaay too easy, and the fact of the matter is at the highest level, Meta will win more often. I think it may be between 65:35 and 60:40 Meta's adv.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
you can play theory fighter all you want, but Meta can just take advantage of Bowser's weakness waaay too easy, and the fact of the matter is at the highest level, Meta will win more often. I think it may be between 65:35 and 60:40 Meta's adv.
Personally, I think it's 55/45 Bowser, but between what you say is just dumb.

~Kyte

Smash Cadet
45-55 if the MK never even thought about the matchup in their life (very likely)

that being said a MK who HAS studied the matchup has...

35-65 MK favor, easily.

MK's sword ***** Bowser's everything, besides fortress and aerial klaw, but if you jump he can tornado and you lose, and i mean every time you jump! if you shield, trying to upb OoS, he can outspace it, and if you try anything else, he can outspace it or just see it coming. i forgot about grab release game didn't i? a MK with half a brain should know to stay out of your grab range, and the chaingrab is great for kills, but at high percent, if the MK gets grabbed, he deserves to lose that stock anyway. (kindof like the IC matchup, they can 0-death MK with a chaingrab, MK still wins.)

the reason i think this is because back at TP3 (northwest tourney/ TP4 HYPE!!! you should all come, 'nods',) but anyway, there's a MK named Tuen there, at TP3 we went 1-1 (friendlies) but he had no idea how to play the matchup, then, a few months later at another tourney, i got 3 stocked easily, as he used the BASIC tools i just pointed out, because he studied the matchup.

No reason for bowser to win this matchup if the MK is near the bowser in skill, and matchup knowledge, IMHO

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
^What this guy said. And what I have been saying about this matchup before this thread had been created.

Plus, it really is not that hard for MK to kill Bowser at all. He just needs to play smart once he pressures Bowser offstage. Bowser does not have the tools to mixup his recovery to avoid MK's insane edgeguard strategies. While Bowser's horizontal recovery goes kinda far, it will ultimately fail to repeated D-air edgeguards that lead to an edgehog.

And then there is MK just juggling the crap out of Bowser for landing on stage like he does to ROB basically.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
It is on FD it'd be stupid to play against MK with bowser on any other stage than it'd defintley be 35-65

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Allys Mk that had no experience with the matchup and refused to tornado? If that counts then sure vex did good but dont base matchups off of one match.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Nice bump dude.

Also, it's pretty much the general consensus nowadays that it's 35-65. Attempting to argue a point that everyone agrees with already is dumb.

And what I have been saying about this matchup before this thread had been created.
Congratulations.

Top Bottom