• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Vs. Marth!?? Can it be done?

SoxSoxy1

Smash Cadet
Yeah,true.For example we are haveing a pay tournament and i want to enter.Im fairly sure that if the turnout is just our play group id have a good chance of winning with boozer.BUt if a Fresno player drops by i dont know.Its mostly the money investment,I dont have any.I want to represent Bowser but I could opt out and use Falco and have a better chance.basically do i throw 20$ bucks and booz it up and have it harder or play Falco and have a easier chance.Really if it werent for the money it would be know question.But man i never have twenty $.Ive kinda decided that Im goona Boozer it cause it wouldnt be fun if i didnt.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
haha yea dude bowser is a total crap character.. you might as well fox ditto if your gonna win

STOP WITH THE EFFIN LOW TIER JOHNS!!!

SoxSoxy1

Smash Cadet
Nah,I mean If played just to win I,d use Shiek.(thats right Shiek players .)Now that I think about it,BOWSER all the way!!thanks I think this was what I needed,how could I have considered not using the almighty boozer? By the way Gimpy or Kevin if your ever passing through Madera,CA(will it ever happen?)come by Game Tyme our local LAN spot.Id love to see another boozer player come by.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
if youre good it can be done...

use a LOT of mindgames and downtilt its good...but combine them with your mindgames use the up b for a mind game also!!!!!use fire breath when he wants to start coming up with a short hop fair...

ALSO use the B-Down ONLY at a moment where your opponent would NEVER come up with that.

Bowser up smash an downsmash are VERY useful too! u can use the downasmash as a up smash its good for that too...

dont use the koopa claw....its too short ranged and is kind fo slow for marth

use the Dair and Bair with a mind game also

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
if you are testing that the way i think you are, the ftilt has a little lean back on it similar to the fsmash (though not as much)

you can bowser fsmash dodge a marth fsmash and have it land as well awwww yeahhh

Gojira

Smash Lord
if youre good it can be done...

use a LOT of mindgames and downtilt its good...but combine them with your mindgames use the up b for a mind game also!!!!!use fire breath when he wants to start coming up with a short hop fair...

ALSO use the B-Down ONLY at a moment where your opponent would NEVER come up with that.

Bowser up smash an downsmash are VERY useful too! u can use the downasmash as a up smash its good for that too...

dont use the koopa claw....its too short ranged and is kind fo slow for marth

use the Dair and Bair with a mind game also

Thats alot of mind games

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
No, it can't be done, unless the Marth player is being consistently stupid and falls for every trick, but if the Marth knows what he's doing and plays defensive, then it's a **** match.

ANY matchup in the game can be done if you think about it, so saying things like that are pointless.

DarkKnight, Link isn't >>> Marth, it's about even if anything. There's a thing with Marth I call shield hop retreating camp-like-a-*** fairs, I use them well, and it ***** almost every character.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
DarkKnight, Link isn't >>> Marth, it's about even if anything. There's a thing with Marth I call shield hop retreating camp-like-a-*** fairs, I use them well, and it ***** almost every character.
It's called I don't fall for those tricks because I am not a newbie Link? Seriously wave land Up-B.

Plus I know Link doesn't have to use his projectiles most of the time.

Banned via Administration
It's called I don't fall for those tricks because I am not a newbie Link? Seriously wave land Up-B.

Plus I know Link doesn't have to use his projectiles most of the time.
rofl, if mew2king uses it against people like kdj, and it works, then i wouldnt call it a nooby trick. stfu.

BUM163

Smash Lord
yup any match is possible.wit dk n bowser i use 2 hate shieks,foxs,falco,marth n peach but u learn how 2 fight the more u fight them.everyone has a different play style,different speed on them,whether their more defensive or offensive,whether they relie on grabs 2 do the damage or straight attacks,itz the character but especially the person behind the controller.learn ur character moves n learn about urself wat r u good at n wat u need help in.this is bum if u wanna talk 2 me or train my aol name is oni163 or u can message me here.i live in the bronx,ny

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'm really confused, what m2k said is true generally speaking, theres no need to argue that point, and retreating gay fair camp marth is one of the gayest things in the world to fight

waveland up b is auto defeat of marth i guess haha i'll have to try it as bowser or something

yup any match is possible.wit dk n bowser i use 2 hate shieks,foxs,falco,marth n peach but u learn how 2 fight the more u fight them.everyone has a different play style,different speed on them,whether their more defensive or offensive,whether they relie on grabs 2 do the damage or straight attacks,itz the character but especially the person behind the controller.learn ur character moves n learn about urself wat r u good at n wat u need help in.this is bum if u wanna talk 2 me or train my aol name is oni163 or u can message me here.i live in the bronx,ny
lol, bum comes in with the most generic melee advice EVER. ROFLLLLLLLL

BUM163

Smash Lord
hey i try.i'm a noob i should just quit 4 good lollll.bowser is fat n sexy n i love it.pratice wit him n see results.my aol name is oni163 n if u in the new york lets train.abayo

sagemoon

Smash Lord
of course of course i just thought it was odd that there was a place where you'd say the 2nd best bowser of X area w/o it being like half of the US in size where there would be 2 bowser players existing XD
Get it? Emo$ now mains bowser.

Anyways i always like your 0 to death combo on my marth that wasnt talked about.

Basically it wont work much more than a couple times but if you notice marths that try to jump back onto the platform right after being attacked it can get a free kill.

Yea so anyways this is what gimpy did to me back throw to off the ledge, forward air, then me being ******** used my 2nd jump to try to get back onto the stage, next thing i know gimpy uses his 2nd jump and fairs me again, it outprioritized my fair and then i died.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I don't know what to think about this thread, lol. Gimpy is indeed too good XD. But yeah, Marth is a beast, what M2K said, cept add a little more sugar on it as to not offend anyone.

I can say a few things about generic Marth players, which is what allowed me to actually beat a few decent to good Marths with Mewtwo in my day. A lot of Marth's are overly aggressive and will come out swinging their sword around all over the place. Often times they will just jump straight at you with fairs, which is just dumb. I don't know why so many Marths do this, cause it's just a free shield grab (well, with Mewtwo I'd wavedash back and fsmash, but with Bowser that really isn't an option now is it XD). If you play defensive and tackle their overly offensive/aggressive strategy and go aggressive when combos open up you should come out on top.

Smart Marths will just **** you no matter what strategy you use though :-(, thankfully there are far less of them than the robot-like, predictable, overly aggressive, sword swinging Marths.

You can always do what I did though, which is switch to Marth XD. If you are smart enough to do well with Bowser then you could learn to **** with Marth pretty hard.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
A lot of Marth's are overly aggressive and will come out swinging their sword around all over the place. Often times they will just jump straight at you with fairs, which is just dumb.
LOL, sounds like some Marths I know...

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Oh btw 5150. Much <3 >.> And..Mew2king eh your still cool in my book.

I say 5150 vs Bum MM. My money is on 5150.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: NO WAY IN HELL WOULD I PUT MONEY ON 5150 IN THAT MATCH UP EVER

Seriously though listen to some of the advice that was given within this thread, some of it is good just sort through some of the dumber stuff said and continue.

MookieRah's advice is solid, it is true, many marths you face are overly aggresive and all they look for is to get shield-grabbed, stick to playing a spacing game with marth and you will get *****.. he just flat out outspaces you.. Play smart..

Like M2K if you play any marth that is somewhat good, its a **** match, its impossibly hard to play against, especially if they are going to be the "camp like a ***" kind. Bowser just plain can't deal with that without being extremely smart and extremely experienced with his approaches (Aka. Just cause you can SHFFL Fairs doesn't mean your pro ;))

If you live in New York go play BUM haha :)

I have an exam on monday >_>

Magus420

Smash Master
You'd be surprised. He has a pretty good DD and the dash grab has plenty of range to be able to keep a fair distance and quickly come back into range and catch people in their lag/landlag. Works particularly well against Ganon.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
I'd just like to say that while m2k is more or less correct that kind of statement is helpful to nobody, there are ways to beat MOST marth's in the world just not those truly top level ones with bowser, so theres no need to say stop asking for advice or give up on it becuase m2k says you cant beat a really great marth (which you cant lol)

but i seriously SERIOULY doubt any of the people in here are playing against some of the top marth players of the world, and they are all playing beatable marths they are just struggling

I'd just like to say that while m2k is more or less correct that kind of statement is helpful to nobody, there are ways to beat MOST marth's in the world just not those truly top level ones with bowser, so theres no need to say stop asking for advice or give up on it becuase m2k says you cant beat a really great marth (which you cant lol)

but i seriously SERIOULY doubt any of the people in here are playing against some of the top marth players of the world, and they are all playing beatable marths they are just struggling
i tried my bowser against eddie, tink, and a few others that are notable. tink ***** it but eddie seems to underestimate my bowser alot, but usually ***** it.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
<3's for eddie, i got to play him in like 2 friendlies at oc2 in ken's house when we had no memory card because manacloud had it hidden or seomthing LOL

we could still go bowser fox! LOL

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
no what i was saying is that we were forced to go bowser fox because we coudlnt' go bowser ganon, ganon is unlocked, and we didn't have a memory card... i must not have been clear
lol

Top Bottom