• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Stage Discussion ~ Week #20: Distant Planet

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Bad against anyone who has a spike, fun for everything else. Oh, and Ike's super awesome here for some reason. :/
It's because Ike is secretly a pirate.

Don't take G&W here either. Even without a spike, he's a pain in the rear to fight here because of Up B > Key in the water repeatedly.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Edit: F***it. I can't make a proper writeup with that little information.

Moar Pirate Ship posts please, I hardly play on that stage and dunno how the hazards affect Bowser.

B!squick

Smash Master
The cannonballs pose a threat to Bowser since he's so big, but you can always see them coming, so it's all good. Sloops and the rocking of the ship will make ACing FAir hard. The sloop on the deck may cause problems when doing grab release stuff, so it's best to try a grab from the inside. Really not much to say about this stage. Very unlikely to come up.

DaButcher

Smash Cadet
Not much about the stage is good for Bowser. The ship rocks, making lots of things harder. (Ledge games, grab release shenanigans, everything awesome.) Platforms are pretty much useless, awkward to Klaw Hop up, they're pretty good for utilt though. The Bombs and the Catapult are annoying.

One good thing though, I believe it's possible to survive a Bowsercide when the ship is falling. With less gravity you can jump off and fortress to safety!

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Can survive a Bowsercide on the floaty stage, electric stage is annoying because it has treadmills and Bowser's fat, ice stage is just annoying in general, standard area is pretty nice. Worth noting ledge ****'s over some characters pretty bad.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I think so, but it doesn't hurt speaking about the stages that were Counter/Banned in the second stagelist.

B!squick

Smash Master
Well, LB covered pretty much everything. Opening stage is like FD with 2 small platforms, ice stage is suck, wind one is lol, electric one is random. Would like to know all the stuff you can do/happens when you grab someone on it and you get carried offstage.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
I actually beat a really good g&w here. I won on smashville then he counterpicked and we ended up on rc. I dont recommend anyone ever coming here unless u plan on winning here

B!squick

Smash Master
It has all the ingredients for a bad stage. Always moving. No grab release shenanigans. Being in the air alot.

Well, the best thing to do with a weakness IS to turn it into a strength. I guess we should work on being awesome at Japes now. :D

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Stage: Rainbow Cruise

Lower ceiling on most parts, good for fortress, klaw, and mostly any vertically killing move. Would not suggest taking MK or GnW there, everybody else it can be useful, although there are a few gimmicks there with some characters. Overall a decent Bowser stage, definitely not a bad stage for him.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
many many many platforms too its so usefull <3

BTW I dont know why but I like to cp MK on rainbow when fd is banned. I always got early kill :D

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm amazed by how much input this stage gets, haha.

If really noone knows anything about them, we'll leave them be. No sense in "discussing" stages if there's noone to discuss them.

Unless there's a stage left you want to discuss. Also, I'd love some feedback on the little write-ups in the OP, if they're okay, if I forgot something important and should add it, or if I added something that's wrong. I'm not a big expert on stages after all.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I think it's more that they're usually banned so we have no experience on them so no real input can be given.

I think the summary's in the OP are great, maybe we can put who to take to each and who not to take, or a rating out of 10 just so less experienced players know what stages help us in what match-ups.

One thing you could add that I only realised the other day, If you have someone in a grab on Pokemon Stadium 1 when the stage changes you pop up into the air with them ruining a possible CG.

Melancholy

Smash Ace
Ratings out of 10 are a good idea IMO, for new players looking for a quick idea of Bowsers best stages, or for players wondering where to counterpick him to.

Top Bottom