• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Reflection

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
I was playing a match against a CPU Bowser and I was playing as Lucario. I shot a full charged aura sphere at him and i think it was Bowser's neutral air that reflected it and hit me. Is there any of Bowser's moves that are known to reflect projectiles? I could be wrong about it being the neutral air so I'm still messing around with what move it was but I am positive Bowser was in his shell. If this is already known please tell me what move it was.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I've heard of Bowser's Nair reflecting projectiles but I've never done it myself.

If it's possible, the timing on it might have a TINY window...

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I just tried doing this for 10 minutes, making Samus fire charged shots at me while I Naired them at different angles, timings, etc. and I couldn't get it to happen, ever.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
It was all items off so it wasn't the franklin badge

and i also havnt been able to get it to work because i'm trying to do it by myself

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Yea I tried this too I couldn't get it. I tried with Lucario's Aura Sphere, for quite a while

RabidClone

Smash Rookie
I've heard of this happening with other moves, such as Sonic's F-air deflecting a fully charged Aura Sphere. (but not deflecting a baby sphere, or anything else for that matter)

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Has anyone done this with projectiles other than the AS?

I thought I recall someone mentioning they saw Bowser do it to Pit's arrow.

BTW, did you save a replay of the match?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
If the hitbox comes out on the same frame that the aura sphere would hit it reflects. I think that is the explanation, at least in melee sometimes that would happen. Much like a powershield, it's like a powermove.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Were you in the air when it happened or did you fire it on the ground? And what stage was it?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The only 2 air moves that involve Bowser being inside his shell is the N-air, and the D-air (or maybe the Up-B). A move involving his shell would be the B-air. The only air moves not involving his shell is F-air, and U-air, but he said Bowser IN his shell, so it has to be one of the following moves:
D-air, N-air, or Up-B in the air.
We should take a look in seeing if we can recreate this. If we can discover it, then we will try it on other projectiles.
Start with the Lucario Aura Sphere first.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Was bowser grounded or in the air? And which floor of the mansion?

I'm trying to get the AI to replicate whatever it did.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Did you fly away with the blue burning, or was it just a regular smack?

How far away was Lucario in comparison to Bowser?

Were you at high %?

Was it fully charged?

Do you think Lucario got the full knockback, or a reduced version, like with Sheik's chain glitch?

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
Did you fly away with the blue burning, or was it just a regular smack?

How far away was Lucario in comparison to Bowser?

Were you at high %?

Was it fully charged?

Do you think Lucario got the full knockback, or a reduced version, like with Sheik's chain glitch?
I didnt fly away or anything and lucario was not too far ill get specifics later, Also I wasn't at a high percentage and it was either fully charged or close to it

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Was Bowser wall-teching? He goes into his shell on wall-tech as well (ceiling tech, actually).

I've gotten some interesting results, but no reflection yet. It seems the AS will sometimes "wrap" around Bowser's shield. I've saved several replays of this and will have it up in a day or so.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Was Bowser wall-teching? He goes into his shell on wall-tech as well (ceiling tech, actually).

I've gotten some interesting results, but no reflection yet. It seems the AS will sometimes "wrap" around Bowser's shield. I've saved several replays of this and will have it up in a day or so.
Aura Sphere has a habit of going completely wacky if powershielded or if it comes in contact with a counter move. It'll sorta wobble along the ground without a hitbox.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman

Bowser was defiantly not wall teching

what do you mean by wraping?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
A little of both I've only seen the AS become reflected. But projectiles have the ability to be turned away with it.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
A little of both I've only seen the AS become reflected. But projectiles have the ability to be turned away with it.
So it only works for Bowser and Sonic, or can everyone potentially powermove a projectile? Will it only work if the hitbox comes out, or does it only rely on button presses?

Popertop

Smash Champion
It might have to do with hitboxes being tangent.

Like, when you shield a projectile and the projectile is tangent to your shield, the projectile goes all wacky on some wierd angle.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
It might have to do with hitboxes being tangent.

Like, when you shield a projectile and the projectile is tangent to your shield, the projectile goes all wacky on some wierd angle.
That would make sense.

The powershielded AS would often go at some crazy angle and slow way down to boot.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
When computers Power Sheild projectiles often deflect directly back in the opposite direction they came in from. I can't do this myself, but CPUs seem to have no problem.

Choose someone without a reflector and shoot Samus charge-shots from a distance. Or a ray gun. It happens quite often

gojira345

Smash Apprentice
Maybe all characters that have spin moves can reflect. First we need to get this working on Bowser/Sonic.

Personally, I'd say up b is the best candidate.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I've heard of this happening with other moves, such as Sonic's F-air deflecting a fully charged Aura Sphere. (but not deflecting a baby sphere, or anything else for that matter)
Lulz, I was the one that this happened to. It was on WFC, and I STILL haven't figured it out. D:

gojira345

Smash Apprentice
****. we should change FC and play 100 Lucario aurasphere vs Bowser nair, up b, and dsmsash games.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
To reflect Lucarios aura sphere you must trust the aura, and take it as yours and redirect it.
In actuality, you aren't reflecting it, you are redirecting Lucarios aura with Bowsers aura.
Just...WATCH THE POWER OF AURA!!!

And, it couldn't have been powersheilding, cause this was a Nuetral Air.

Top Bottom