• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boondock Saints Mafia(Day 5 begins)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
1st votecount!

Vote Count!

Gheb(1): KevinM
Blue Yoshi(4): Cacti, Blue Yoshi, Scumfever, ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai(1): Gheb
Not Voting(6): SquirtleSquad, Ryker, magnificentmarth, moronik, Melancholy, Rainemuzi

A gigantic hand reaches down and slaps Ryker several times, then spells out in sign language "You just got modslapped!"

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Woohoo. I'm outta my depth.

I don't know enough about these guys to know which ones will react, so I joke and try and draw a response.

I see you are camping in your comfort zone with a vote for me.

Trillion

Smash Ace
Well, since like you said, neither of us know anything about these guys, I figured I'd do what I could with someone who I do know. UNVOTE You're probably town. Plus, I think I'd rather work with you to eliminate the threats to the town than have to work against you.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
hahaah still.

'you're probably town. i base this on nothing but lets work together!"

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm not gonna lie, when I read magni's post the first thing I said to myself was "what is this, I don't even..." just like scumfever lol

i dont understand anything, that's worse than the bros lol

SquirtleSquad

Smash Rookie
Well, since like you said, neither of us know anything about these guys, I figured I'd do what I could with someone who I do know. UNVOTE You're probably town. Plus, I think I'd rather work with you to eliminate the threats to the town than have to work against you.
What is this, I don't even...

Vote: MagMarth

~Tom

Trillion

Smash Ace
Ryker and I have played together a good number of times on another site. If he says he was looking to bait a reaction, then he is trying to stir discussion and hunt wolves. We have played together as wolves in a Pokemon themed game where he basically sat back and commented on other people's discussions instead of trying to spark any on his own. So, from my perspective, he's looking like a townie.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Wolves!?

Yea, but your saying hes town cause you think he is from past experiences, but you have yet to say what exactly he's doing to make you think he's town. Please enlighten us.

Trillion

Smash Ace
We have played together as wolves in a Pokemon themed game where he basically sat back and commented on other people's discussions instead of trying to spark any on his own.
Last time that we played together as wolves (we were actually Team Rocket) he was content to let other people start discussions instead of trying to spark any on his own. In another game we played together where he was town, he spent most of an entire day creating discussion by nonstop pursuit of a single other player. That's just one example of him as a townie trying to start discussion. He typically does try to in most games. Here he is at least trying to start discussion. Hence, he is probably town, I'm putting him at about 70% likely for innocent.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Ryker and I have played together a good number of times on another site. If he says he was looking to bait a reaction, then he is trying to stir discussion and hunt wolves.
Last time that we played together as wolves (we were actually Team Rocket) he was content to let other people start discussions instead of trying to spark any on his own. In another game we played together where he was town, he spent most of an entire day creating discussion by nonstop pursuit of a single other player. That's just one example of him as a townie trying to start discussion. He typically does try to in most games. Here he is at least trying to start discussion. Hence, he is probably town, I'm putting him at about 70% likely for innocent.
Lol at arbitrary percentages. Can you explain in detail your mathematics? I would appreciate it.

Do you know what meta-gaming is?

/SquirtleSquad

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
hmmm something is just fishy about this

Vote: MagnificentMarth

trusting someone you know from a previous game simply because you played with them before just seems to be taking it a little TOO safe. How do we know that your not just trying to protect your possibly scum self by siding with someone else, and at this early point in the game. It just seems a little fishyyy...............

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Raine: There is NO editing of posts allowed, please make sure to remember this in the future. If you wish to add more content or clarify something, make a second post saying what you want to say. This is your warning(all other new to DGames players, make sure to remember this as well).

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I had to re-read this a couple of times to understand it. From this post alone, I could think of three potential roles you two were...

a) both scum trying to clear each other
b) magnificentmarth is scum trying to clear himself by allying with a town
c) you are... forget the word... masons? (the role where two town people know eachother and can talk between eachother... forget what it's called).
d) newbie mistake (though you said you played other games in the past)

From your #57 and #59, you state that when he was scum, he laid back and commented on people's discussions, while when he was town, he attacked people and built discussion. I re-read all his posts (not many, but enough). You said he's trying to bring up discussion, when all his posts were either joke posts (meaning absolutely nothing), or he commented on people's discussions (looking at #41 on this). So... from what I see, of the scum/town tells you mentioned, he hasn't done any of the town tells, yet has already done some of the scum tells. You saying he's likely town makes me think that you both are scum or it's a newbie mistake...

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'll say this, he looked ******** to me for the quick retract, but I know what he's saying. Let me try and translate.

He's right that one of my worst wolf tells is sitting on my heels on Day 1. Usually I do something that provokes discussion. I have focused on the one player most likely to freak out for something miniscule and it lead to a wolf lynch on Day 1 against one of the scum that bandwagoned with me. I've also charged after another player for making a joke, then pulled a 180 and went after another player, less desirable results, but it got us past Day 1.

Here, I don't know what you guys will do, so I do something safe and stupid (i.e. voting the narrator) in an attempt to get something to happen. He attacks me and I called him out on the reason behind it.

Again, we've played together elsewhere and this is something I can see him doing. It may not look the most pro-town, but he's not holding on to something he doesn't think is true anymore.

The final line of his second post seems misconstrued. I believe it's more along the lines of "I'd rather not mislynch you because we'd be cutting off an asset to the town."

Now, onto the thing I don't understand.

Why does this place me so far into your pro-town spectrum? Anyone can replicate a response to cover a wolf tell they've already figured out.

Vote Spread before I place my vote please.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
The final line of his second post seems misconstrued. I believe it's more along the lines of "I'd rather not mislynch you because we'd be cutting off an asset to the town."
Except... the thing we are questioning is how does he know that you are town? Unless you voting for the narrator was a pre-determined tell that you were sided with town (or some other 'secret' message), there is absolutely no way he could know that you were town. That is partially what is fishy about his statement.

And by "Vote Spread", I assume you meant to ask Mentos for a vote count?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Uh... clarification on my last post before I start something I didn't intend:

I am not accusing you guys in anyway of outside-of-game communication. I'm just posting stating that it would be impossible for him to know you were town this early in the game (unless some role is involved).

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
God I hate playing with people that defend each other alot.

Lets just lynch one of them. Worked well in that game with Nick and Swords.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I defend him because no one else will because no one else would have the knowledge to. Deal with it, Kevin.

@BlueYoshi - I sincerely doubt he knows that I'm town. If he does, then he's a moron for voting me with that knowledge. He's not a moron. I read it as I posted above. He doesn't know that I'm town, but would rather not run the lynch of mislynching me. See what I mean?

Yeah, I generally call it a Vote Spread where I play as it lists who voted for who and they're voting history.

i.e.

Ryker: Mentos -> Kevin

NOTE: THIS SHOULD NOT EFFECT MY VOTE.

And so on for every player and then culminates in a vote count.

If that's not how you guys do it, I don't really mind and a vote count would be fine.

Trillion

Smash Ace
hmmm something is just fishy about this

Vote: MagnificentMarth

trusting someone you know from a previous game simply because you played with them before just seems to be taking it a little TOO safe. How do we know that your not just trying to protect your possibly scum self by siding with someone else, and at this early point in the game. It just seems a little fishyyy...............

It has nothing to do with trusting him just from playing with him before. I have played like 7 games with him. I feel like I can recognize when he is a wolf and when he is not based on whether or not he is trying to start discussion. Here, he was trying to, so he is probably town.

Trillion

Smash Ace
I had to re-read this a couple of times to understand it. From this post alone, I could think of three potential roles you two were...

a) both scum trying to clear each other
b) magnificentmarth is scum trying to clear himself by allying with a town
c) you are... forget the word... masons? (the role where two town people know eachother and can talk between eachother... forget what it's called).
d) newbie mistake (though you said you played other games in the past)

From your #57 and #59, you state that when he was scum, he laid back and commented on people's discussions, while when he was town, he attacked people and built discussion. I re-read all his posts (not many, but enough). You said he's trying to bring up discussion, when all his posts were either joke posts (meaning absolutely nothing), or he commented on people's discussions (looking at #41 on this). So... from what I see, of the scum/town tells you mentioned, he hasn't done any of the town tells, yet has already done some of the scum tells. You saying he's likely town makes me think that you both are scum or it's a newbie mistake...
He said his joke votes were to spark discussion and I agree that it would have started discussion.

Trillion

Smash Ace
Now, onto the thing I don't understand.

Why does this place me so far into your pro-town spectrum? Anyone can replicate a response to cover a wolf tell they've already figured out.
70% isnt very far in my spectrum. I mean, thats like your getting a C -, just barely above a D.

Mostly, I doubt that you were aware of the tell before I mentioned it. I think you're smart enough to compensate for your own tells.

I've also never mentioned noting this as a wolf tell in any other game we have played together. So, you were not replicating a response.

Also, you picked up on the hint I was sending when I retracted.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
1st of all, there's no wolves in Boondock Saints lol

Second of all, I find it hard to believe that you've pegged your buddy's role there telling exactly how hes playing in like 50 or so posts

Top Bottom