• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman for Project M

Who should I port the Beta Version over?

• Lucas

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Olimar

Votes: 75 43.9%
  • R.O.B

Votes: 29 17.0%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 26 15.2%

• Total voters

NXero

Smash Apprentice
I don't think so. He's still a semiclone of Luigi. And there are a lot of things that need to be edited too. His UpSpecial and small range in his FSmash come to mind.
I'm kinda busy these days so I haven't had the time to play much, but I'll try to write a post tomorrow with some suggested changes and tweaks.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
I don't think so. He's still a semiclone of Luigi. And there are a lot of things that need to be edited too. His UpSpecial and small range in his FSmash come to mind.
I'm kinda busy these days so I haven't had the time to play much, but I'll try to write a post tomorrow with some suggested changes and tweaks.
I meant for the public beta... It is at 70%, so only 5% more is needed! I'm hyped for it, even if it isn't completely perfect. That's the point of a beta, right?

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Have you received the latest update, NXero? His FSmash has a bomb attached to it now, among other things. I'll send it to you if you don't have it.

Also, I haven't done a ton with Bomberman this week, but I've done some other cool things, if you guys haven't already seen it:

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Have you received the latest update, NXero? His FSmash has a bomb attached to it now, among other things. I'll send it to you if you don't have it.

Also, I haven't done a ton with Bomberman this week, but I've done some other cool things, if you guys haven't already seen it:
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

IMO it should be expanded to all characters that have a 64 model on the vault (of which there are plenty!) but people would be so excited about this. I know I am

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

IMO it should be expanded to all characters that have a 64 model on the vault (of which there are plenty!) but people would be so excited about this. I know I am
That's the plan, but at the moment I want to make sure that the original 12 have working physics

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Wait, you're altering physics in addition to models and SFX? :bee:

I'm so excited, but is all your stuff gonna fit on a 2GB SD card? lol
This mod has the potential to edit movesets, costumes, menus, stages, and more. So basically, I don't know if everything will fit on a 2GB SD card lol. It's easy to customize though

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
This mod has the potential to edit movesets, costumes, menus, stages, and more. So basically, I don't know if everything will fit on a 2GB SD card lol. It's easy to customize though
Fair enough lol I'll just have to be careful when it comes out

Speaking of which, is there any beta testing to be done with those things? I have the means to test them now

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
In terms of 64 mode, no testing is necessary atm. There aren't any bugs, but it's incomplete. I plan to release it when all of the menu cosmetics are finished and when I get custom CSS music working

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
In terms of 64 mode, no testing is necessary atm. There aren't any bugs, but it's incomplete. I plan to release it when all of the menu cosmetics are finished and when I get custom CSS music working
I'll test anything else your doing too ;)

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
Man this looks so cool, but unfortunately I have a custom PM CC. So to use Retro Mode I will have to use a vanilla PM CC.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but I have custom characters that wouldn't have the retro look.
ooh, true. Yeah, unless someone made retro models for Ridley & Co., they really wouldn't fit.

If anyone knows how to rip models from Bomberman 64, I'd love to set Bomberman up for Retro mode! I think he'd fit so nicely in there.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
ooh, true. Yeah, unless someone made retro models for Ridley & Co., they really wouldn't fit.

If anyone knows how to rip models from Bomberman 64, I'd love to set Bomberman up for Retro mode! I think he'd fit so nicely in there.
I can't do this but I will search for the model online. :)

D

Deleted member

Oh man, if you could work on Banjo that would be dope as ****. If my comp wasn't out of commision, I'd gladly make a model for him on 3DSMax... :/

Still, I'm sure there are other artists out there who would pick it up knowning you'd work on it.
And, I'd be willing to contribute in whatever way I can to make this happen.

Also, how exactly are you adding more characters into the game? And is it compatible with the Dev build? Like, for example, could I add your Bomberman and another character while still keeping the four Dev Build characters (Lyn, Knux, Isaac, and Sami)?

NXero NXero any interest in helping SINE's team finish balancing the Dev Build characters?

Last edited by a moderator:

NXero

Smash Apprentice
@ManlySpirit I'm in that chat, as Nekudot, but this year has been a mess for me due to personal issues so I haven't had the time to play it beyond some test matches. And I'm still hoping the original creators finish and release the characters.
I'm "testing" Metal Face and Bomberman, but in reality I haven't been able to do anything significant, so sorry PyotrLuzhin PyotrLuzhin too. This following week is looking better, so I may be able to get back on track

D

Deleted member

@ManlySpirit I'm in that chat, as Nekudot, but this year has been a mess for me due to personal issues so I haven't had the time to play it beyond some test matches. And I'm still hoping the original creators finish and release the characters.
I'm "testing" Metal Face and Bomberman, but in reality I haven't been able to do anything significant, so sorry PyotrLuzhin PyotrLuzhin too. This following week is looking better, so I may be able to get back on track
Alright, that's cool man, no worries.

I think I also say Pyotr among some of the members in the Hub, but I could be wrong.

And yeah, it'd be nice if the original team decided to contribute or finish their original work, but that's a stretch sadly. I'm just glad people are still coming together to make awesome things happen.

themaziest

Smash Cadet
When you'll be done with the inclusion of SFX for Bomberman, I hope you'll share the beta mod with me so I can make some adjustments if needed. I wish I could have done that for Ridley at the time, it would have been easier but I didn't have an usable computer during these days.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
This is basically the same post I made previously, but this time I'll add some images. I know nothing about Bomberman's canon as I only play the multiplayer mode in all the games.

Forward Smash:
The angle is too low, he's basically attacking the floor, and the hitbox goes away too fast, which makes sweetspoting with the bomb too hard.
Compare to mario, his FSmash is a straight attack (can be angled, but let's talk about the regular C-Stick version here). Using a similar animation to this one, the bomb sweetspot can be landed easily. I don't know if the current one is a canon move of his, but...

Up Special:
Without a charge, it's pitifully bad. Fully charged it has a pretty good range. Having a charged bomb at all times to use the better move is a pain, and it may lead to reduced use of his Neutral B bombs.
Now, there's another thing that makes this bad, because his uncharged move is comparable to C.Falconl's, and that issue is the forced forward movement. I used the UpB in the purple line in the screenshots, but no matter how much you hold back after the input, he will still move forward. This leads to him getting stuck under platforms when he's too close to the stage, and makes his recovery too predictable.

Down Smash:
Is there a reason why it has no reach at all? In the screenshot here (it got corrupted somehow), Mario and Bomberman are standing at the same distance in both screenshots, but Bomberman's DSmash can't hit Mario. And Mario's DSmash is more useful too...

DAir:
Now this move is one of the most useless he has right now. I guess you can use it to land safely, but...
If used offstage, he will SD 100% of the time, and the DMG/KB this does is nonexistent. The opponent can just jump out of it. Bye Bomberman!
Using it on the ground isn't any better. When he touches the ground, he produces an explosion, with good DMG/KB, but it still won't kill anyone. After a certain percentage, depending on the character, the first hit will push foes away from the explosion...
My earlier suggestion was to make the explosion trigger in contact with the opponent and stop his momentum/animation/whatever, so he can save himself after using it. The explosion can also have a Meteor/Spike hitbox too, why not?

FAir:
Hitting with this is harder than it should be, it needs a bigger hitbox and lower kick angle. Also, you can't even Shorthop>FAir with this, only if you SHFFL. Not terribly necessary, but it would be a lot more useful.

Side Special can be jump cancelled if you have a jump left, but it would be a lot better to make it possible to use UpB after this, exacly like Luigi, but if his regular UpB is getting changed then this may not be needed.

McMarth

Smash Cadet
This is basically the same post I made previously, but this time I'll add some images. I know nothing about Bomberman's canon as I only play the multiplayer mode in all the games.

Forward Smash:
The angle is too low, he's basically attacking the floor, and the hitbox goes away too fast, which makes sweetspoting with the bomb too hard.
Compare to mario, his FSmash is a straight attack (can be angled, but let's talk about the regular C-Stick version here). Using a similar animation to this one, the bomb sweetspot can be landed easily. I don't know if the current one is a canon move of his, but...

Up Special:
Without a charge, it's pitifully bad. Fully charged it has a pretty good range. Having a charged bomb at all times to use the better move is a pain, and it may lead to reduced use of his Neutral B bombs.
Now, there's another thing that makes this bad, because his uncharged move is comparable to C.Falconl's, and that issue is the forced forward movement. I used the UpB in the purple line in the screenshots, but no matter how much you hold back after the input, he will still move forward. This leads to him getting stuck under platforms when he's too close to the stage, and makes his recovery too predictable.

Down Smash:
Is there a reason why it has no reach at all? In the screenshot here (it got corrupted somehow), Mario and Bomberman are standing at the same distance in both screenshots, but Bomberman's DSmash can't hit Mario. And Mario's DSmash is more useful too...

DAir:
Now this move is one of the most useless he has right now. I guess you can use it to land safely, but...
If used offstage, he will SD 100% of the time, and the DMG/KB this does is nonexistent. The opponent can just jump out of it. Bye Bomberman!
Using it on the ground isn't any better. When he touches the ground, he produces an explosion, with good DMG/KB, but it still won't kill anyone. After a certain percentage, depending on the character, the first hit will push foes away from the explosion...
My earlier suggestion was to make the explosion trigger in contact with the opponent and stop his momentum/animation/whatever, so he can save himself after using it. The explosion can also have a Meteor/Spike hitbox too, why not?

FAir:
Hitting with this is harder than it should be, it needs a bigger hitbox and lower kick angle. Also, you can't even Shorthop>FAir with this, only if you SHFFL. Not terribly necessary, but it would be a lot more useful.

Side Special can be jump cancelled if you have a jump left, but it would be a lot better to make it possible to use UpB after this, exacly like Luigi, but if his regular UpB is getting changed then this may not be needed.
NXero NXero I agree with pretty much everything, but if you are holding down A when DAir connects, Bomberman will bounce off of his opponent, saving him from an SD. Also, I'm not as bothered by FSmash's range. In my opinion, Bomberman has a lot of tools already. :)

NXero

Smash Apprentice
I didn't know that. I'll check it later.
And I rushed that post so it has a bunch of typos and grammar errors, but I guess it's still readable

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
So... Are you finished with the sound bank?
Patience bud...Pyotr has a ton on his plate (Retro mode, PM Community Edition, .REL files, etc) which is likely why he's been quiet for awhile. And I only say this because other people have been nudging Pyotr on his progress as well.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Patience bud...Pyotr has a ton on his plate (Retro mode, PM Community Edition, .REL files, etc) which is likely why he's been quiet for awhile. And I only say this because other people have been nudging Pyotr on his progress as well.
Just curious. It's been a week since anything has been said on the thread, just wanted to breathe some life into it.

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Just curious. It's been a week since anything has been said on the thread, just wanted to breathe some life into it.
Solaros nailed it - I'm extremely busy both online and IRL, so I'll have to ask everyone to be patient right now. I can promise you that it'll be worth it.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Solaros nailed it - I'm extremely busy both online and IRL, so I'll have to ask everyone to be patient right now. I can promise you that it'll be worth it.
I'm coming late to this but, once you have the sound bank assembled and it still sounds quiet in game I'm open to amplify each individual sound file for you so you can recompile it again. :)

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
So now that you have released PM+BEX when do you think Bomberman will be ready? and Also I am kinda curios how Slippy is coming if you have had time to work on him that is?

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Lol, literally read the few posts right above yours, and that should answer your question.

Last edited:

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
Lol, literally read the few posts right above yours, and that should answer your question.
Well it kinda answers my question. I read those and yes he is busy online but one of those online things he was busy with and still will be kind of busy with is PM+BEX and I remember him in one post saying that after PM+BEX was released it wouldnt be long after and Bomberman would be released (I think I remebered that correctly).

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Well it kinda answers my question. I read those and yes he is busy online but one of those online things he was busy with and still will be kind of busy with is PM+BEX and I remember him in one post saying that after PM+BEX was released it wouldnt be long after and Bomberman would be released (I think I remebered that correctly).
Nah man, this stuff takes time. It takes extra time when you've got stuff to handle in real life, which Pyotr does. Everything will be done at some point.

Top Bottom