• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman for Project M

Who should I port the Beta Version over?

• Lucas

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Olimar

Votes: 75 43.9%
  • R.O.B

Votes: 29 17.0%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 26 15.2%

• Total voters

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
So not trying to be rude or anything but wasn't Bomberman supposed to be out shortly after the PM+BEX build was released? I am still looking forward to it.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
So not trying to be rude or anything but wasn't Bomberman supposed to be out shortly after the PM+BEX build was released? I am still looking forward to it.
Nah man, this stuff takes time. It takes extra time when you've got stuff to handle in real life, which Pyotr does. Everything will be done at some point.
Just in case you forgot.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, check this out! There's been some work done on bomberman since I last posted here:
kalvinwithak kalvinwithak Perhaps later on down the line, but I'd really like to start working on Banjo

Last edited:

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
a custom one, it's not finished yet because I've been working on bomberman haha. It's basically PM sonic with different gfx and a few different animations
So do you have an ETA for bomberman? He looks pretty polished in the video, although I get it if it's still going to be a while. You're awfully busy with all your other projects!

RadicalMongoose

Smash Apprentice
a custom one, it's not finished yet because I've been working on bomberman haha. It's basically PM sonic with different gfx and a few different animations
Thanks for not going overboard, he is still a sonic character afterall and he should play like one. Most shadow mods go way too in with chaos powers and moves from sonic battle.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Thanks for not going overboard, he is still a sonic character afterall and he should play like one. Most shadow mods go way too in with chaos powers and moves from sonic battle.
I agree, though I would like to see a tiny bit of gameplay difference. They're not completely identical, after all :) I won't judge since we haven't even seen it and perhaps Pyotr has slight gameplay changes in mind (not to judge a gift horse in the mouth, either).

RadicalMongoose

Smash Apprentice
I agree, though I would like to see a tiny bit of gameplay difference. They're not completely identical, after all :) I won't judge since we haven't even seen it and perhaps Pyotr has slight gameplay changes in mind (not to judge a gift horse in the mouth, either).
Yeah I think pit and dark pit are a good reference to go off of. I imagine suttle difference's are probably what Sakurai would go for too if shadow was an offical character.

Last edited:

KamiSquad_X

Smash Rookie
NNID
WaveDashX77
For some reason bomberman over olimar gives me graphics glitches. Could you do a port over one of the brawlex rel files?

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Not to be the Yeller1999 Yeller1999 of the forum, but bomberman looks really close to being complete. I've been looking forward to his time in smash for a long time! Any updates?

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Not to be the Yeller1999 Yeller1999 of the forum, but bomberman looks really close to being complete. I've been looking forward to his time in smash for a long time! Any updates?
Hey, I appreciate everyone's support and patience, and I'll give you guys a quick update on what's been happening with Bomberman lately. I've been working on an Honors Thesis at my university, so I haven't had a whole lot of time to work on anything modding related in the recent weeks. That said, Bomberman IS extremely close to a public beta release - once I spice up his charging animation, he'll be ready for the public beta. At the latest, I anticipate his release to be in two weeks.

Again, thank you, everyone, for the support, and I can assure you that your patience will be rewarded :)

Zarkdion

Smash Apprentice
Dude, thanks for the update! Take all the time you need, even if its more than 2 weeks. You know we all got your back.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Good luck on your thesis! We totally understand, and thank you for giving us an update :)

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
Wow that is so offending... I haven't asked about it in a while. (I was kidding about being offended)

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Looking really nice, I was wondering if you plan on using any moves from DreamMix TV's Bomberman?

Also, if you want you can use my stage for this release.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208007

Would be cool if I can do a quick test of this Bomberman. ;)
Lol but keep up the good work, i look forward to his release! :)
Not for nothing, but this stage desperately needs some readjustment to be better suited for matches. Getting kills takes way too long.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I appreciate everyone's support and patience, and I'll give you guys a quick update on what's been happening with Bomberman lately. I've been working on an Honors Thesis at my university, so I haven't had a whole lot of time to work on anything modding related in the recent weeks. That said, Bomberman IS extremely close to a public beta release - once I spice up his charging animation, he'll be ready for the public beta. At the latest, I anticipate his release to be in two weeks.

Again, thank you, everyone, for the support, and I can assure you that your patience will be rewarded :)
Dang dude! Do work! Good luck on your thesis and I look forward to owning fools with Bomberman!

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
Not for nothing, but this stage desperately needs some readjustment to be better suited for matches. Getting kills takes way too long.
It was meant for explosive battles, and especially Sudden Death. :)

I can probably make it a little more suitable for regular matches. Haha

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
It was meant for explosive battles, and especially Sudden Death. :)

I can probably make it a little more suitable for regular matches. Haha
I think it would appeal more to people who just want something more neutral. It'd also go well with the release of this PSA. It's really your call in the end though.

rchpweblo

Smash Rookie

So... How's the Honors Theisis going?

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
Hi Pyotr! I've been looking at your Bomberman PSA and BGG's Ganon PSA and both of you inspired me to make my own project.

I am a total newbie to Brawl modding (or in this case PM modding). I would like to create my own unique PSA using a model from a different game but I'm totally lost on how to get started. I kind of know BrawlBox and PSA is needed. Do you know what tools and tutorials I can use for this?

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Hi Pyotr! I've been looking at your Bomberman PSA and BGG's Ganon PSA and both of you inspired me to make my own project.

I am a total newbie to Brawl modding (or in this case PM modding). I would like to create my own unique PSA using a model from a different game but I'm totally lost on how to get started. I kind of know BrawlBox and PSA is needed. Do you know what tools and tutorials I can use for this?
Firstly, I'll give everyone an update on BMan: His classic alt is finished! I will post images of it tonight or tomorrow :)

Z zabimaru1000
as a matter of fact, I do! feel free to PM me and I'll respond as soon as i can :)

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Firstly, I'll give everyone an update on BMan: His classic alt is finished! I will post images of it tonight or tomorrow :)

Z zabimaru1000
as a matter of fact, I do! feel free to PM me and I'll respond as soon as i can :)
Could you include me in the PM as well? I'm curious on how to do this stuff.

Βearzor

Smash Cadet
Could I get included on that as well? I've been considering doing a PSA as well, and I love to know what tools/tutorials Pyotr recommends. :)

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
So I made a quick edit to my Bomberman Blast Stage for a competitive version. If you'd like, I can send you my Bomberman Stages so you can include them in the release of Bomberman, if you'd like. :)

EDIT: I updated my original Download to include this version, so you have my permission if you decide to include the stages in the release of your Bomberman for PM.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208007

Last edited:

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait for the release of this. It's going to be great but just out of curiosity how is he coming along? And I know you are super busy with other things so take your time answering me. I don't want to seem pushy or anything.

Top Bottom