- Jan 22, 2009
- Fredericksburg, VA
- 3DS FC
"An MD/VA Brawl Main Event!"
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Please confirm your attendance.
Confirmation List located on 2nd Post.
10817 Tidewater TRL Suite 125
Fredericksburg VA, 22408
For Directions Click the link below and enter your Address:
--Or Just use Google Maps--
1. Doubles Tournament
3. Singles Tournament
4. Super Street Fighter 4 Tournament
*Please Note: Once your Tourney match is complete, get up and move on. If you fail to do so I will turn off the wii and you will be removed from the station.
$10.00 Venue Fee
$10.00 Brawl Singles
$20.00 Brawl Doubles ($10.00 per person)
$10.00 Super Street Fighter 4 Singles
• 11:00 AM: Sage Mantis Game-Haven Opens / Registration Opens
• 11:00 AM-12:00 PM: Warm up period (friendlies, money matches, etc.)
• 12:30 PM-1:00 PM: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Doubles Tournament Begins.
• SSF4 Singles/Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles will begin immediately following Doubles.
• All sets will be open for friendlies/money matches/ crew battles from the end of the singles until 11:00 PM.
Super Street Fighter 4: Rules of Engagement:
• Xbox360 Console(s) will be used for this event.
• BYOC - Bring your own Controller.
• No pausing; intentional pausing will result in a forfeit.
• 99 Seconds.
• 2 out of 3 up to Grand Finals; 3 out of 5 for Grand Finals.
• All characters/stages are legal.
• Loser may change characters.
Brawl: Official MLG Ruleset: ]
- Players may not use a controller with Turbo capabilities or Wireless capabilities. Controllers with Turbo capabilities allow Players to map a button sequence to the Turbo button. Pressing that button results in their Character performing a set of actions that would normally require the Player to press multiple buttons.
- Players may not use a controller that has been modified in such a way that it alters their Character’s abilities and/or in-game mechanics. Players may not use a controller that has been modified to include a Turbo button. Players are allowed to make cosmetic changes to their controller, however, Major League Gaming reserves the right to deny the use of any controller suspected of providing an unfair competitive advantage.
- Players may not attach a headset to the Wii or TV.
- Players/Teams who break General Rules #1-3 will be given a Warning. Each subsequent Warning that a Player/Team receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game (See Gameplay #3).
- Players may not intentionally manipulate a button, trigger, bumper, D-Pad, and/or joystick on a teammate’s controller while a Game is in progress. Breaking this rule will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
- Players may not appear on the Main Stage or Feature Station with sponsor insignia that is not approved by MLG or conflicts with MLG sponsors. Players may be asked to wear MLG apparel for Main Stage and Feature Station Matches.
- In the case of a Wii/TV malfunction, the Game will be restarted from the beginning.
- No Warm-Up Games may be played outside of scheduled Warm-Up periods.
- During scheduled Warm-Up periods, all Games must be played with three Stock or less.
- During scheduled Warm-Up periods, all Players must get up at the end of a Game and allow any Players, who have been waiting, to take their seat.
- Players who break General Rules #8-10 may be given a Foul (See Pro Circuit Conduct Rules).
- If a Player/Team fails to report to their Station within 5 minutes of their Match’s announcement, they will Forfeit the 1st Game. 10 minutes after the announcement, a Player/Team will Forfeit the Best of 3 Game Match or the 2nd Game of the Best of 5/7/11 Game Match. 15 minutes after the announcement, a Player/Team will Forfeit the Best of 5, Best of 7, or Best of 11 Game Match. If both Players/Teams Forfeit the Match, the higher seeded Player/Team will win the Match.
- Players/Teams may Forfeit a Game or Match if a Player leaves their Station without their Referee’s permission, or is otherwise unable to play. Referees may set a time limit for a Player who has requested that they be allowed to leave their Station, however, Referees may also deny a Player’s request to leave their Station. Players/Teams may Forfeit a Game or Match if a Player hasn’t returned by the end of their Referee’s set time limit.
Brawl: Official MLG Gameplay Rules:
- No use of Marth’s Grab Release Infinites against Lucas and Ness.
- No use of King Dedede’s Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.
- Players/Teams who break Gameplay Rules #1-2 will be given a Warning. Each subsequent Warning that a Player/Team receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game (See General Rules #4).
- No use of Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape Glitch.
- No Pausing a Game without Referee’s permission.
- No use of an action that freezes a Game, or otherwise disrupts standard gameplay.
- Any Infinite Move must end before the affected Character reaches 300%.
- Breaking any of Gameplay Rules #4-7 will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
- Any sign of cheating may result in a Forfeit of the Game, disqualification from the Event, and ejection from the venue. Players who are disqualified from the Event won’t receive any Rank Points for their ranking in the Event.
- In the 1v1 Event, the higher seeded Player must choose their Controller Port first. The lower seeded Player may use any of the remaining Controller Ports. In the 1v1 Finals, the Player without a Match loss must choose their Controller Port first. In the 1v1 Finals, the Player with a Match loss may use any of the remaining Controller Ports.
- In the 2v2 Event, the higher seeded Team must choose one Controller Port first. The lower seeded Team must then choose two Controller Ports. The higher seeded Team must use the Controller Port that wasn’t chosen.
- Players may request a Blind Pick of Characters for the Game 1 of a Match.
- For Game 1 of each Match, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike three Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 4 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.
- After the Stage has been selected for Game 1 of a Match, each Player may select one Stage, from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages, that can’t be chosen for Games 2-11. The lower seeded Player will be given the opportunity to select a Stage first. The higher seeded Player will then be given the opportunity to select a Stage.
- The loser of a Game must select the Stage for the next Game. The Stage for Games 2-11 can be selected from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages.
- After the Stage a Game 2-11 has been selected, the winner of the previous Game must select their Character(s), for the upcoming Game, first. The loser of the Game must then choose their Character(s) for the upcoming Game.
- If the Timer runs out, the winner of the Game will be determined by the following criteria in this order: Stock and Percentage. If Stock is used to determine a winner, the highest number will win. If Percentage is used to determine a winner, the lowest number will win. If both Stock and Percentage are tied, Sudden Death won’t be used and a Tiebreaker Round will be played instead. In a Tiebreaker Round, Stock will be set to 1, the Timer will be set to 4 Minutes, and the same Stage and Characters must be used.
- If the Timer runs out and a Player exceeds the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, that Player/Team will Forfeit the Game. However, if the Timer runs out and both Players in a 1v1 Match, or at least one Player on each 2v2 Team, exceed the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, the penalty will not be enforced (See Gameplay Rules #16). The Edge Grab Limit on all Stages will be 35. The Edge Grab Limits only apply to Games/Tiebreaker Rounds in which the Timer runs out.
- If a Game is started without the approval of a Referee it will be restarted.
- Players may take one or more of their teammate’s Stock.
Rules = Stock
Stock = 3
Timer = 8 Minutes
Items = Off & None
Rules = Stock
Stock = 3
Timer = 8 Minutes
Items = Off & None
Team Attack = On
Pokémon Stadium 2
Sage Mantis Game Haven is located right next to a Bloom, Fratellis, and a Subway. If you are not interested in Pizza or subs, Bloom will have anything that you desire. There is a microwave available in the venue as well in case you decide to purchase a frozen dinner. We also have plenty of Snacks and Drinks available in the Venue.
Just like any Smash Event, we must ask that you bring your own controller to play with. As for the Wii's and TV's, The first 5 players to bring a full setup (Wii, TV, and Game w/all characters and stages unlocked) will have their Venue fee half off!
Unlike most other smash venues, we have plenty of HDTV's available. Don't worry, we never use those due to the lagg complaints but we have 5 Regular CRT TV's on standby at all times. If you wish to bring your own TV to help things run faster, it would be greatly appreciated.
NOTE: Sage Mantis Game-Haven has an Elite Team dedicated to playing Smash and are always looking for competition. So do our crew a favor and come show us your skill cause we could use the challenge.
Sage Mantis Game-Haven Crew: Wall Street - Bolt, MattiX, Forte, Oath, Candy, Lykieos, Boss, and Korn.
Official Crew Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225558
If you have any other questions regarding the Tournament or the Venue, feel free to contact Bolt at one of the following:
Cell Phone: (540)604-6168 (Text Preferably)
AIM Screen Name: IL Bolt LI
Also, keep in mind that Sage Mantis Game Haven is an Xbox360/Ps3/PC Lan Center and regularly participates in various iGames events. If you are interested in coming down to play anything other than Smash, you are always welcome to join us!