• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bolt Presents: CrewFest 3! (MD/VA Event) 9/4/10 - Super Street Fighter 4 Side Event!

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255

Presents..

"An MD/VA Brawl Main Event!"

Featuring
Side Event!

Saturday, September 4, 2010
Please confirm your attendance.

Confirmation List located on 2nd Post.

Address:
10817 Tidewater TRL Suite 125
Fredericksburg VA, 22408

For Directions Click the link below and enter your Address:
Mapquest Directions

--Or Just use Google Maps--​

Tournament Events:
1. Doubles Tournament
2. Intermission
3. Singles Tournament
4. Super Street Fighter 4 Tournament

*Please Note: Once your Tourney match is complete, get up and move on. If you fail to do so I will turn off the wii and you will be removed from the station.

Pricing:
$10.00 Venue Fee
$10.00 Brawl Singles
$20.00 Brawl Doubles ($10.00 per person)
$10.00 Super Street Fighter 4 Singles

Schedule

• 11:00 AM: Sage Mantis Game-Haven Opens / Registration Opens
• 11:00 AM-12:00 PM: Warm up period (friendlies, money matches, etc.)
• 12:30 PM-1:00 PM: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Doubles Tournament Begins.
• SSF4 Singles/Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles will begin immediately following Doubles.
• All sets will be open for friendlies/money matches/ crew battles from the end of the singles until 11:00 PM.

Super Street Fighter 4: Rules of Engagement:
• Xbox360 Console(s) will be used for this event.
• BYOC - Bring your own Controller.
• No pausing; intentional pausing will result in a forfeit.
• 99 Seconds.
• 2 out of 3 up to Grand Finals; 3 out of 5 for Grand Finals.
• All characters/stages are legal.
• Loser may change characters.

Brawl: Official MLG Ruleset:
]
[collapse=Click-->]
  • Players may not use a controller with Turbo capabilities or Wireless capabilities. Controllers with Turbo capabilities allow Players to map a button sequence to the Turbo button. Pressing that button results in their Character performing a set of actions that would normally require the Player to press multiple buttons.
  • Players may not use a controller that has been modified in such a way that it alters their Character’s abilities and/or in-game mechanics. Players may not use a controller that has been modified to include a Turbo button. Players are allowed to make cosmetic changes to their controller, however, Major League Gaming reserves the right to deny the use of any controller suspected of providing an unfair competitive advantage.
  • Players may not attach a headset to the Wii or TV.
  • Players/Teams who break General Rules #1-3 will be given a Warning. Each subsequent Warning that a Player/Team receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game (See Gameplay #3).
  • Players may not intentionally manipulate a button, trigger, bumper, D-Pad, and/or joystick on a teammate’s controller while a Game is in progress. Breaking this rule will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
  • Players may not appear on the Main Stage or Feature Station with sponsor insignia that is not approved by MLG or conflicts with MLG sponsors. Players may be asked to wear MLG apparel for Main Stage and Feature Station Matches.
  • In the case of a Wii/TV malfunction, the Game will be restarted from the beginning.
  • No Warm-Up Games may be played outside of scheduled Warm-Up periods.
  • During scheduled Warm-Up periods, all Games must be played with three Stock or less.
  • During scheduled Warm-Up periods, all Players must get up at the end of a Game and allow any Players, who have been waiting, to take their seat.
  • Players who break General Rules #8-10 may be given a Foul (See Pro Circuit Conduct Rules).
  • If a Player/Team fails to report to their Station within 5 minutes of their Match’s announcement, they will Forfeit the 1st Game. 10 minutes after the announcement, a Player/Team will Forfeit the Best of 3 Game Match or the 2nd Game of the Best of 5/7/11 Game Match. 15 minutes after the announcement, a Player/Team will Forfeit the Best of 5, Best of 7, or Best of 11 Game Match. If both Players/Teams Forfeit the Match, the higher seeded Player/Team will win the Match.
  • Players/Teams may Forfeit a Game or Match if a Player leaves their Station without their Referee’s permission, or is otherwise unable to play. Referees may set a time limit for a Player who has requested that they be allowed to leave their Station, however, Referees may also deny a Player’s request to leave their Station. Players/Teams may Forfeit a Game or Match if a Player hasn’t returned by the end of their Referee’s set time limit.
[/collapse]

Brawl: Official MLG Gameplay Rules:
[collapse=Click-->]
  • No use of Marth’s Grab Release Infinites against Lucas and Ness.
  • No use of King Dedede’s Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.
  • Players/Teams who break Gameplay Rules #1-2 will be given a Warning. Each subsequent Warning that a Player/Team receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game (See General Rules #4).
  • No use of Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape Glitch.
  • No Pausing a Game without Referee’s permission.
  • No use of an action that freezes a Game, or otherwise disrupts standard gameplay.
  • Any Infinite Move must end before the affected Character reaches 300%.
  • Breaking any of Gameplay Rules #4-7 will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
  • Any sign of cheating may result in a Forfeit of the Game, disqualification from the Event, and ejection from the venue. Players who are disqualified from the Event won’t receive any Rank Points for their ranking in the Event.
  • In the 1v1 Event, the higher seeded Player must choose their Controller Port first. The lower seeded Player may use any of the remaining Controller Ports. In the 1v1 Finals, the Player without a Match loss must choose their Controller Port first. In the 1v1 Finals, the Player with a Match loss may use any of the remaining Controller Ports.
  • In the 2v2 Event, the higher seeded Team must choose one Controller Port first. The lower seeded Team must then choose two Controller Ports. The higher seeded Team must use the Controller Port that wasn’t chosen.
  • Players may request a Blind Pick of Characters for the Game 1 of a Match.
  • For Game 1 of each Match, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike three Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 4 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.
  • After the Stage has been selected for Game 1 of a Match, each Player may select one Stage, from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages, that can’t be chosen for Games 2-11. The lower seeded Player will be given the opportunity to select a Stage first. The higher seeded Player will then be given the opportunity to select a Stage.
  • The loser of a Game must select the Stage for the next Game. The Stage for Games 2-11 can be selected from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages.
  • After the Stage a Game 2-11 has been selected, the winner of the previous Game must select their Character(s), for the upcoming Game, first. The loser of the Game must then choose their Character(s) for the upcoming Game.
  • If the Timer runs out, the winner of the Game will be determined by the following criteria in this order: Stock and Percentage. If Stock is used to determine a winner, the highest number will win. If Percentage is used to determine a winner, the lowest number will win. If both Stock and Percentage are tied, Sudden Death won’t be used and a Tiebreaker Round will be played instead. In a Tiebreaker Round, Stock will be set to 1, the Timer will be set to 4 Minutes, and the same Stage and Characters must be used.
  • If the Timer runs out and a Player exceeds the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, that Player/Team will Forfeit the Game. However, if the Timer runs out and both Players in a 1v1 Match, or at least one Player on each 2v2 Team, exceed the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, the penalty will not be enforced (See Gameplay Rules #16). The Edge Grab Limit on all Stages will be 35. The Edge Grab Limits only apply to Games/Tiebreaker Rounds in which the Timer runs out.
  • If a Game is started without the approval of a Referee it will be restarted.
  • Players may take one or more of their teammate’s Stock.
[/collapse]

1v1 Settings
Rules = Stock
Stock = 3
Timer = 8 Minutes
Items = Off & None

2v2 Settings
Rules = Stock
Stock = 3
Timer = 8 Minutes
Items = Off & None
Team Attack = On

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick Stages:
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Food:
Sage Mantis Game Haven is located right next to a Bloom, Fratellis, and a Subway. If you are not interested in Pizza or subs, Bloom will have anything that you desire. There is a microwave available in the venue as well in case you decide to purchase a frozen dinner. :) We also have plenty of Snacks and Drinks available in the Venue.

Setups/Controllers:

Just like any Smash Event, we must ask that you bring your own controller to play with. As for the Wii's and TV's, The first 5 players to bring a full setup (Wii, TV, and Game w/all characters and stages unlocked) will have their Venue fee half off!

Televisions:

Unlike most other smash venues, we have plenty of HDTV's available. Don't worry, we never use those due to the lagg complaints but we have 5 Regular CRT TV's on standby at all times. If you wish to bring your own TV to help things run faster, it would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: Sage Mantis Game-Haven has an Elite Team dedicated to playing Smash and are always looking for competition. So do our crew a favor and come show us your skill cause we could use the challenge. ;)

Sage Mantis Game-Haven Crew: Wall Street
- Bolt, MattiX, Forte, Oath, Candy, Lykieos, Boss, and Korn.
Official Crew Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225558

If you have any other questions regarding the Tournament or the Venue, feel free to contact Bolt at one of the following:

Cell Phone: (540)604-6168 (Text Preferably)
AIM Screen Name: IL Bolt LI
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jaysonf3
E-Mail: Boltanion@live.com

Also, keep in mind that Sage Mantis Game Haven is an Xbox360/Ps3/PC Lan Center and regularly participates in various iGames events. If you are interested in coming down to play anything other than Smash, you are always welcome to join us!

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Reserved for Important Updates

For those of you that were here for Crewfest 1, you all know that was an epic event to jump start this year. Whether it was the return of Omni and Lobos beating Candy and Korn, Tristan Win causing multiple Upsets, Coney's D3 beating Logics Olimar, or Boss Representing Mario/Luigi and getting that #1 Spot. It was definitely one for the books.

Crewfest 2 had its upsets as well with Junebug and Logic taking home the Win in doubles, or The Tantalus beating Coney out with the Claw on Halberd. lol..

..but for Crewfest 3, the major upsets are yet to come.. with great players on the rise of improvement, I hope to see upset after upset as the titans of Smash fall before the upcoming greats.

Bigger Venue!?: Saaay whaat?! Sage Mantis and I are pleased to inform you that we have another venue rented out for this Event!

[collapse=Venue Photos]
Front Doors:

Indoors:

[/collapse]

Housing: K9 has once again stepped up to house those in need of housing the night before so if you need a place to crash and practice the day before the event, speak with him. The housing fee is $1.00.

MD/VA Power Rankings - New Season: That's right folks. The Power Rankings for MD/VA are starting its new season just in time for this event to get you those points, so be sure to be here to boost your PR stats!

Birthday Celebration: This event takes place the day of Bionic Sonic's Birthday and the day after Brandon (SovaMan) and Coney's Birthday so if your cool, you'll bring them gifts. :p

1. Omni
2. Lykeios
3. Tantalus
4. EEVisu
5. SOVAman
6. Bonk
7. Smokey
8. BMX
9. Axel
10. 2Fast
11. Karcist
12. Taj
13. D0N
14. Oath
15. Takeover
16. Famous
17. Pitzer
18. TKO
19. Candy
20. Boss
21. Glyph
22. Lie
23. Korn
24. Logic
25. Meep
26. Kaffei
27. GReg
28. ChuDat
29. Esoj
30. K9
31. RPGfighter
32. Hat
33. Yoster

1. Bolt
2. Taj
3. Pulse
4. D0N
5. BMX
6. Omni
7. Oath
8. SovaMan
9. Dr. Strange
10. Kilby
11. Pitzer
12. MagnetoManiac
13. MattyP
14. DikRodnum
15. Blue
16. Sloth
17. Notsuri
18. Sammy B
19. E Step
20. Yoho
21. Slamakah
22. Charlie
23. Joe
24. ZeroX
25. G-Reg
26. Juan

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Well as my gift to the both of you, the two of you get your venue fee waived so long as you attend. :)

SOVA

Coney

Smash Master

OH HELL YES

i dunno if i'll be here, with it being kinda far and me maybe going somewhere for my bday and all, but i definitely appreciate the gesture! thanks, jason!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Woah... this tournament is on my birthday too (9/4/91 ftw), lol

Party for me, Brandon and Coney? :D

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
ATHF will be there, in full force. Don't be late Chu!

Edit: As for crew battle, i'll leave it up to June/BMX. You guys can rally up VA side and see what we can do. You'll definitely have Phil and I provided my car works

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I will bring my camera so I can do another episode of ATHF:TV if it is looking hyped in there.

As for Crew Battle I think it should be ATHF VA players versus WallStreet so that would be

June BMX Korn ESOJ(if he shows) and Myself versus You guys

I am being in this crew battle because I haven't played in the last like 3 and I love playing against my VA bois <3

Also I guess I will start playing this game again after Otakon, so get ready (smirk)

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
No comment on the Korn part.. ;)

BUT, I don't know what our Lineup will be. I doubt I'll be in it, but I may be.. depends on who wants to play and who wants to watch. :p

ATHF TV + Tourney Fix ftw. haha I love the EE Commentary. "Grandpa Kojin!"

smokey da bear

Smash Apprentice
since its on a saturday i will probably be able to make it but i might not as well cause so close 2 school startin =/

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Well I hope you can make it Smokey. It'd be cool if you could check out how I run my events. :)

2fast

Smash Journeyman
A chance to actually get my name in the ranks? You can count me in for this tourney :).

2fast

Smash Journeyman
It's a shame Omni's tourney is taking all the hype right now.

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
It's a shame Omni's tourney is taking all the hype right now xP.
People typically hype the tournaments by the order they take place, which is what makes sense. Trust me, this tournament will get hyped up a lot pretty soon.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
A chance to actually get my name in the ranks? You can count me in for this tourney :).
That's what I'm talking about!

I'll be there provided the ssf4 tourney goes down.
lol you say that now but you probably won't show.. or you'll show for 2 min then dip out as usual. A VA Tourney isn't a Tourney without PULSE! Bring yo *** son! No Johns!

If Neo comes its over...

jk
lol I hope Neo Comes. Neo is cool peoples.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Steven!! Your coming to this right?! You better.. Crewbattles baby! Plus, I wanna play Brawl- with you. I'm too goodz. You mess with it yet?

D0N

Smash Ace
Ooooh can I do that too?

anywhere from $5-50
$20 FT5 or FT10. I play on ps3 pad so if either of you are one of those rare x-box pad players this won't work.

Again this is if I show. I can let you know for sure a week in advance.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I'll probably Money Match anyone in Street Fighter. :) Granted I have the cash, so come on wit it. ; )

BTW, we all play Xbox 360 Street Fighter D0N. : (

The Dashing Knight

Banned via Warnings
$20 FT5 or FT10. I play on ps3 pad so if either of you are one of those rare x-box pad players this won't work.

Again this is if I show. I can let you know for sure a week in advance.
I have a modded stick and will bring my PS3

FT10 sounds fun, but if time is an issue (I will be playing TONS of SSF4 and Brawl) then FT5 is fine.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Alright good. If you have any trouble finding a ride, I'll see if Aaron or myself can come get you the day before or something.

Top Bottom