• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bolt Presents: Brawl in the Streetz! (MD/VA Event)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
^^ Honestly I think it's a good idea to do it anyways, but if it's too much of a pain to do it for such a little turnout, or not worth it, then I wouldn't blame you if you did cancel it lol.

It's not like I'll ever be a notable part of the smash community, unless there's a LOT more tourneys closer to here. I'm too broke to travel... then again, aren't we all?

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I'm not going to cancel. If anything a small turnout will make things funner for the newer faces in the community. It will give the veterans some time to work with newcomers and help them with new strategies and such.

Also, a local event would be nice. I may enter the event if its a low turnout just for old times sake.

Basco

Smash Rookie
ill be there. the last one was cool and i like playing brawl. also i had some ribs and rice from the Chinese food place across the street that were OD good.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
Sorry Bolt, the Fre****sburg boyz (even though I'm not from Fredericksburg lol) won't be attending sadly :(. Hope you host some more tourneys in the future and hopefully we can make it to them.

Edit: Lol at the censor.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Yeah this is sad but I would cancel. I feel that people should support their state but I see this isn't happening. I know many people are not going to this and traveling to PA for a tourney. Support your state!! Especially if its dieing :(

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to cancel. If anything a small turnout will make things funner for the newer faces in the community. It will give the veterans some time to work with newcomers and help them with new strategies and such.

Also, a local event would be nice. I may enter the event if its a low turnout just for old times sake.
You should totally enter :) If the turnout is small do you still plan on having doubles?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Traveling to PA for a tourney? Where Mekos? State College? I dunno why they would do that...It's farther away and harder competition because they'll bring each other.

I went to PA last week...It's actually only an hour away from my house, whereas this one is two hours and 20 minutes. I have to work anyways, but it is too costly to come to fredericksburg once a month. We need a good monthly venue though, so it presents that impossible conundrum i suppose.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Sorry Bolt, the Fre****sburg boyz (even though I'm not from Fredericksburg lol) won't be attending sadly :(. Hope you host some more tourneys in the future and hopefully we can make it to them.

Edit: Lol at the censor.
Someone fears my Mario :awesome:

Yeah this is sad but I would cancel. I feel that people should support their state but I see this isn't happening. I know many people are not going to this and traveling to PA for a tourney. Support your state!! Especially if its dieing :(
So you aren't going? You were my ride to this :(

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
O_o Smashers actually live in/around richmond? hah I swear everyone was either in fredericksburg, North or South VA except me

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Not really, Caroline. I'm kind of closer to fredericksburg. Sorta in the boonies

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Inferno man...yeah I might not go. I can't afford to go to small turnouts. I'll let u know tho. Yeah and I don't have a secured teamate. lol and u know how i feel about that.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
lol. this is what happens when there's a tourney week after week tho.

anyway i may come if i feel better by this weekend.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Hope you can make it Kenny. Miss youu! :p

Mekos, if you don't have anything to do that day, hit me up (540)604-6168 and I'll let you know how the turnout is and maybe you can just come for singles? I'd like to play your Lucas. :p

@Monkley - Yes there will be doubles if there are enough teams to do so, and if people still want to do it.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Traveling to PA for a tourney? Where Mekos? State College? I dunno why they would do that...It's farther away and harder competition because they'll bring each other.

I went to PA last week...It's actually only an hour away from my house, whereas this one is two hours and 20 minutes. I have to work anyways, but it is too costly to come to fredericksburg once a month. We need a good monthly venue though, so it presents that impossible conundrum i suppose.
from where i am atm, its less than an hour difference to drive to PA rather than VA

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Still planning on being there

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Wasn't enough entrants to make a new thread so here are the results:

Singles: Winner Takes All
1: Bolt ($50.00)
2: Glyph
3: JuiceBox
4: Monkley
5: Basko

There were no doubles because there weren't enough teams.

After the Singles event, we all did casuals and played Melee. I absolutely suck at melee.. lol

Thanks to those that came out.. and once again, I apologize for the low turnout. Really not much I can do when MD/VA doesn't come to their own events. :/

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I didn't do round Robin because I was hoping we could do other side events like Low Tiers, Street Fighter, Guilty Gear and/or Melee.. but nobody was interested. :/

EDIT: So where did everyone go instead of my event? PA? Or just MD/VA trully falling of the map?

Basco

Smash Rookie
this event was really fun:p everyone who was there were REALLY good. bolt you put a k in meh name XD

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
this event was really fun:p everyone who was there were REALLY good. bolt you put a k in meh name XD
My bad Basco, I've been running on 2 hours of sleep.. so forgive me for typos and stuff. haha

Good stuff today, keep practicing! Practice that DI and Momentum Canceling.

Juice Box

Smash Cadet
This was only my second tournament, so I'm not the best at doing this, but I'll try to give a few shoutouts here:

Basco- probably one of the better DKs I've played, even though this was only my second tournament

Glyph- very good r.o.b...and thanks for the advise on the reflector

Monkley- I enjoyed playing your peach...we had a few close ones there

Bolt- thanks for holding a tournament that was actually close to me, even if it only had five entrants. Hope you host another in the future

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I wish me and the bunch could've made it, but we couldn't, oh well. Like I said though, I got you next tourney.

I don't see why MD/VA has waaaaaaay more tourneys up in MD.

I wanted to play Glyph too, oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom