• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blue Yoshi's TRIPLE ELIMINATION online smash 64 tournament (BRACKET UP)

DMoogle

A$
What THE HELL

I get 70 ms to teh player nearest to me (30 Kms / 18 miles)
So I suppose I have a 3rd world ping *very angry face*
FWIW I pretty much have a top-tier connection. 20mbps down/5mbps up FiOS.
Not many people tried wired LAN p2p. It's very possible that it acts completely different from 'normal' online p2p or servers. It's just not the same (though it's supposed to be better of course)
Eh? How is different? It's just less "hops" that the connection has to go through.
i have tried lan p2p, 0ms, still 1 frame of delay though.
Yeah I don't think it's technically possible for two emulators to sync up with 0 frames of delay. Not really sure though.

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
FWIW I pretty much have a top-tier connection. 20mbps down/5mbps up FiOS.

Eh? How is different? It's just less "hops" that the connection has to go through.

Yeah I don't think it's technically possible for two emulators to sync up with 0 frames of delay. Not really sure though.
Dang, that's some beastly internet. And I'm envious at your 1 frame, dandan.

~ImNotPro

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
Wired LAN its supposed to be for 2 computers on the same building/same local area network... so its even better to use the same PC and play offline on 0 frames.
No, because keyboard simultaneous button limits. That means my using a smash attack will deny you the ability to up+b. Hilarious, but ********. This is of course between 2 keyboard players. If you used a controller, it'd be pretty fun :)

~ImNotPro

dandan

Smash Lord
Dang, that's some beastly internet. And I'm envious at your 1 frame, dandan.

~ImNotPro
don't be, i am all the ****en way away here at israel, i get 1 frame when playing here, i get 1 frame actually to every part of israel, the most i get is 20-30 ms. anyhow, if i want to play a us player, i get 5/6, 7-8 if they are from west coast or mexico...

i am in the wrong place of the world for smash...

D

Deleted member

I'm probably not going to be able to play today

wait one more day sorry

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Umm I think u posted in the wrong tourney thread captainbj. You play me tomorrow if PD doesn't show up by tonight.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I've sent him a couple of messages, and no response, so tomorrow, if he does not answer by the time I log in (probably early afternoon), then I'll give you the default win. I think that would be more than enough time for him.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
The last like 3 tourneys PD has signed up then just not shown up. Dunno why he signs up in the 1st place.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
*checks PD's profile page...*

Last Activity: 10-15-2009 01:24 PM

I think we've waited long enough. So sheer gets the default win (sorry for making you wait so long). Sheer's next opponent is s2j, while PD's next opponent is Nixxxon. If PD does not come by the end of the weekend, I'll give Nixxxon the default win.

As for the Agony vs Jel match, if that doesn't get done by the end of the weekend (I think that's the deadline I told you guys), then I'll give someone an instant win.

Edit:

I don't feel like re-arranging all the textboxes in microsoft word for one change, so I'll just leave the bracket unupdated, but Sheer does get a default win over PD.

D

Deleted member

I beat Sheer 3-2

As long as I play gay and do forbidden combos, really unfair for Yoshi against Falcon

looks like I might have to play a European ****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Alright... I've been unable to update the brackets (or even go on the computer) for the last... since Friday due to me having a fever of 103 (made sure I worded it properly ;) but seriously, 103.0).

Agony, Jel, ... what should we do? I know you both have been trying to play, so it wouldn't exactly be fair to disqualify someone for trying to play... so... just make a time in the next few days that works for both of you, create a chat in Galaxy, and wait for the other to join. Either that or exchange phone numbers?

But yeah... seeing as I'm not exactly wanting to go through the brackets and update them at this moment (with the third bracket starting to be used... too much work lol. And coming back from a high fever isn't exactly encouraging...), I guess I'll give you until Friday to set up a time (not necessarily have your match), or else I will flip a coin (unless someone is willing to take the fall).

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Ok, now that Agony and Jel have finally played, the brackets have been updated. Here is who plays who next (as of this post):

Bracket 1:

Agony vs House

Bracket 2:

Hamburglar vs Thino
Near vs Smakis
Nixxxon vs PD
Jel vs A$

Lol House can now play his first game in this tournament. So... get your matches done guys :p

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Ggs man, after all we did it. >.>

Hai, hum, Thino I was wondering, are you the guy I played Secret of mana on classic arena with?

House, pm me a good time for you to play, except tomorrow after 9 pm est.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Ok, here is who plays who next (as of this post):

Bracket 1:

s2j vs House

Bracket 2:

Hamburglar vs Thino
Near vs Smakis
Nixxxon vs PD
Agony vs Blue Yoshi

To Hamburglar vs Thino, Near vs Smakis, Nixxxon vs PD, can you guys get your matches done? Basically everyone is waiting on your three matches (except for like 5 people).

House

Smash Journeyman
Lawrencelot got it wrong. Mahie did not forfeit the match against me. He's telling me that he might do it, but isn't sure. We still got to play our match.

EDIT: We just played. Here's the result:

House vs Mahie

2 - 1

ggs as always.

Greeny

Smash Rookie
Ill play. Im sure to you guys this sounds noob, but how do u play online?? ive been playuing 64 since it came out and have been wanting to play online for a while now.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Yeah, you're playing me. I've just been somewhat busy with homework and other stuff. And the times I did go online, you weren't on... at least I didn't see you on. We could do it today if you want (edit: actually, today doesn't work for me. We can do it tomorrow between, say, 1 and 5 pm eastern time... 10am - 2pm pacific). Just give me a time and day. Almost anything will work for me... as long as I don't have classes.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Blue Yoshi vs Agony

Blue Yoshi wins.

Ok, brackets updated... with only one game played...

Ok, here is who plays who next (as of this post):

Bracket 1:

s2j vs House

Bracket 2:

Hamburglar vs Thino
Near vs Smakis
Nixxxon vs PD

To Hamburglar vs Thino, Near vs Smakis, Nixxxon vs PD, can you guys get your matches done? Basically everyone is waiting on your three matches.
I thought I sent a message to everyone about who plays who next... but seeing no response, either everyone forgot or I forgot to hit send or something. Sending messages now.

Top Bottom