• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bleach

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Speaking of, remember when he said Ichigo must learn the Final Getsuga Tensho? He also said his Engetsu had been a real pain in the neck. However, after presumably using the technique, he gained his powers back, as can be inferred from the time when he OHKO'd that Arrancar whazzizname.

Therefore, it stands to reason that Ichigo will regain his powers, too.

Geez, this ain't the end of Bleach. Not by a looooooong shot.

:urg:

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Yeah, the good ol's days when a convenient plot device always happened to ensure that none of the precious protagonists actually came to harm. Oh, wait.

The only exception was Ichigo getting legitimately killed by Ulquiorra. But that wasn't to be, either. And Ulquiorra became in my opinion the most unfairly wasted character in the entire series.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I think Barragan's death was the only legitimate one in the Fake Karakura Town arc. Stark's was ridiculous because Kyoraku pulled a typical annoying anime move and was able to own him for the whole fight, but chose not to. He and Ukitake also decided it wasn't a good idea to use their bankais, even though they were facing the destruction of Soul Society and possibly the universe. Because of this, there were two less people to help the Vizards fight Aizen and co (until Kyoraku pulled a Houdini).

Fail.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
I think Barragan's death was the only legitimate one in the Fake Karakura Town arc.
Mashiro had her butt whupped by Wonderweiss. That was hilarious, I thought.

Barragan's was legit. Ichigo's was almost as legit as Barragan. Ulquiorra's was crap.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Wait how the hell did Urahara just show up at the perfect time like that anyway??? WTF????
Typical anime hax. OMG last moment ownage BROOOKKKKKEENNNN by supersmart mysterious badly dressed but superpowerful character omg I never could have predicted that.

What I am really interested in: what's Yachiru's Bankai?

XD

Eagle_Eyes

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3583-1774-9356
Typical anime hax. OMG last moment ownage BROOOKKKKKEENNNN by supersmart mysterious badly dressed but superpowerful character omg I never could have predicted that.

What I am really interested in: what's Yachiru's Bankai?

XD
That's something I think a lot of people would like to see. XD

Also, yeah I can see how Barragan's death was the only legit one, the others were kind of silly.. When Espada 1 and 2 died, Aizen said "screw it" and slew Tia (Halibel), which was dumb.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Yammy is a fail. Number 0, yet as of fifty years ago, the last time we saw him, he was getting owned by two (admittedly BA) characters who found themselves challenged to beat numbers 5 and 7. Well, Kenpachi was given a challenge, anyway. All Byakuya had to do to win was go Bankai, because if Yammy is a fail, Zommari is a super fail.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Barragan was the coolest of all the Espada. Can't beat a psychopomp
Out of all released states, I liked Barrangan's most. I'll give you that.

I liked Grimmjow (wow, what a surprise). What I absolutely hated his how Ichigo constantly needs a reason to fight. That matter should have been wrapped up post-Kenpachi.

Aaroniero's intro was pretty grand, I though. Using Kaien's backstory to add another layer of complexity was quite smart. Pity he had to go 'I know all your moves, you're dead now' and she pulls off a move she developed after Kaien's death. Who knew.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Ulquiorra was always my favorite Espada, for the same reason Byakuya was my favorite Shinigami back in the Soul Society arc. Simply for the presence he has that makes a situation seem completely hopeless when he shows up. Until Ichigo used his plot armor on him, he really seemed unbeatable, especially once it was revealed that he had a secret form stronger than all the other Espada. Plus, I loved his cool demeanor, and I thought his self-revelations about the nature of the soul were touching.

And then Kubo killed him. Go figure.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Simply for the presence he has that makes a situation seem completely hopeless when he shows up.
Haha, yup!

Come to think of it, a few Espada have some trait in common with the Captains. Grimmjow and Kenpachi are both bloodthirsty warriors. Syazel Aporro and Kurotsuchi are scientists whose fights are oddly...gross. Starrk and Kyoraku are both lazy until fired up. Yamamoto and Barragan are really, really old.

XD

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Next Bleach: Urahara tells Ichigo about the "soul king," Ichigo gets angry enough about being used that the hougyoku bonds to him and gives him back his powers, and Urahara becomes the next antagonist.

I think the main problem with this arc is that Kubo made Aizen too strong. Because he had no idea how to legitimately kill him, he had to write in Urahara's sealing thing. As long as this isn't the "ultimate climax" to Bleach, I'll be ok.

That doesn't excuse Kubo for never explaining what Aizen's plan for Ichigo was or never filling in some plot holes, though.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
kubo's problem is that he hasn't tried to bloody think ahead since soul society's ending

there are mangas that do this sort of thing and succeed (hitman reborn's latest arc comes to mind), but it's because there's constant reminders of the relevant plot points that the apparent random direction builds upon, but honestly, the soul king wasn't mentioned at all before this, which I find just stupid. It's like if aizen's main villain position was filled by hanataro's lucre-corrupted cousin in law.

one more thing, i can't gauge how strong yoruichi is at all

Eagle_Eyes

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3583-1774-9356
Yammy is a fail. Number 0, yet as of fifty years ago, the last time we saw him, he was getting owned by two (admittedly BA) characters who found themselves challenged to beat numbers 5 and 7. Well, Kenpachi was given a challenge, anyway. All Byakuya had to do to win was go Bankai, because if Yammy is a fail, Zommari is a super fail.
Sort of yeah, but Kenpachi was just making the fight go longer and when he said if he didn't use his special technique, he really would die. He used it and Nnoitra go OWNED. Kenpachi was just having a blast fighting someone who could take a few of his shots and can trade back. That fight would have been over sooner if Nnoitra didn't have a hole in his eye to be honest. :p Yes, Zommari is a super fail, because the opponent he had was a terrible match - up for him. He couldn't control Byakuya's Bankai, and thus got his butt handed to him. I actually never liked Zommari, so... Yeah, trying not to be baised *cough Zommarisuckscough*

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Wait how the hell did Urahara just show up at the perfect time like that anyway??? WTF????
He was waiting in the bushes in the lower left corner, and then came out when they started winning again. So he could come out taking Aizen's "All according to plan." As Yammy intended. ;D

quirkynature

Smash Ace
I didn't say hers is a strong as Kenpachi's. I said she has tremedous spiritual pressure like Kenpachi.
And I asked if it was even remotely close to his. Which I doubt.

Annnyyywhooooooo, whatever happened to Ururu and the gang? If Tessai was so much of a ****** back in the day, why didn't he just kido Shawlong and the kiddies back during the Arrancar arc? OMG PLOT HOLE ALERT! Urahara needs to step it up.

Top Bottom