• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia: Game Over! Ouroboros Breaks the Cycle

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Tsubaki, Town Executioner, can execute someone that has more than half of the required votes on them during the last two days of D1.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Was Glyph then Bussing on day 2.

Does JexS losing his powers make sense with the timing?

I'm shooting jexs, if you're going to jhammer just do it and put me out of my misery. At least i'll take a scummer with me
after re-reading and seeing jexs interactions with maven, and seeing his claim on top of tap dancing around the hard pushes im confident the slot holds scum, currently quoting things while im here
Was this a bus on top of this?

I'm the ****ing BEST

Ok so here's the deal. The rolecop part of my power has been played out since we lynched Bardull/Rake. Here's my results real quick.

D1 I visited Marshy, got the Kagura result. Targeted him because of that first post he made asking about females.
D2 I visited Soup/Joey and got Tsubaki. Targeted him because the execution claim was and still is hella gross, but I'll concede his play has been pretty solid.
D3 I visited Rake, and got no result, more specifically I was told I attempted to check and failed.
Last night I visited Jexs and got Arakune and Litchi. Targeted him mostly from poe and the fact that Kantrip was likely to be impossible to visit.

Ok but here's where things get fun. There's a secondary condition to my power that once Ragna the Bloodedge is found, be it by my own power of from a flip, I would receive a power up. This clause was what drew my eye to Rake's claim:

I don't doubt that he was looking for Ragna as well, but him NOT getting a power up is highly unlikely.

Back to business, it just so happens our buddies in mod heaven dropped a nifty little BP into my lap, turning my pretty insignificant slot into something with a lot more potential.

SO, I knew to have a chance to actually matter a little this game I needed to draw a NK. Pretty hard to do that as a prime suspect for lynching, and even harder with being something as non-threatening as a flavor cop. Knowing that and how insignificant my results were going to be (everyone's matching up to what I've checked), I had to bluff. I held my hand and did my best to make it look like damnit SOMETHING was going to go down tomorrow.

Lets look at where exactly this leaves us though.

With two mafia members dead, and technically two indies I think its pretty safe to assume we have one scummer among us. Let me borrow Raz's list for this.

1. Raziek (Carl & Nirvana, Town Tracker) - Technically POSSIBLE, but I really really don't think he's our guy.
2. Red Ryu (Koko or Tager, I forget which.... Town Mason) - Confirmed town ez pz
3. Jexs (Azure Seeker AKA Arakune, Miller) - SUSPECT NUMERO UNO
4. Soup (Tsubaki, Town Executioner) - SUSPECT NUMERO DOS
5. Glyph (Rachel, Town Flavor Cop) - :shades:
6. Kantrip (Platinum, Town JoaT) - SUSPECT NEMERO TRES

Joey I STILL would pursue on claim alone, but I'm not so ignorant to discredit the rest of his slot's actions. If we miss today, I'd very seriously turn the microscope on him.

Today we need to be looking at Jexs and Kantrip. I won't pretend I've done any serious legwork on getting anything put together on those and likely won't tonight (I'm hanging out with family and rushing to get this much done), but I almost guarantee if we lynch both of those slots we've got this game in the bag.
Was this a planned bus attempted by both?

Will do one lastcheck tomorrow.

Kantrip

Kantplay
dude im almost 100% certain its either a traitor or an indy

so no none of the members of the scumteam would be bussing as they wouldnt know their traitor exists

seriously man

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If it is somehow not obvious, I know nothing about these names other than that they are people associated with Ragna. Not all of them are probably in the game, but scum have no fakeclaims, so that is actually better. I would find it very hard to believe that the names that are in the game don't contain a single mafia member. By the same token, it surely will not be reliable for more than that single mafia member.

And I'd like to make clear, this has nothing to do with flavour as it exists in Blazblue, which I would agree is surely irrelevant. This is information related to this game. Put it out there, even if it's going to be ignored, don't let people not do so, because why.

Rake's vote at end of day was null, no comment on the rest of his play since that read is irrelevant anyway.
Wait a second?

Is this valid?

JeXs

Smash Champion
Why didn't you try to push Joey in Lylo? Why didn't you look up reasons for him being scum?
This is mylo. There are 2 ways for me to go about this, since it's literally just me vs him right now. I could either try to convince you that he's scum OR try to convince you that I'm town. Both accomplish the same thing. I'm sure you notice that I've largely been defending myself toDay, which means I took the 2nd approach. Of course, I could also try to convince you that he's scum while defending myself, but outside of the traitor theory, there really isn't much to go off of. He hasn't really done much outside of saying lynch Bardull/Nabe > Rake > Glyph.
Wait a second?

Is this valid?
Maybe...?
Mhmm?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
This is mylo. There are 2 ways for me to go about this, since it's literally just me vs him right now. I could either try to convince you that he's scum OR try to convince you that I'm town. Both accomplish the same thing. I'm sure you notice that I've largely been defending myself toDay, which means I took the 2nd approach. Of course, I could also try to convince you that he's scum while defending myself, but outside of the traitor theory, there really isn't much to go off of. He hasn't really done much outside of saying lynch Bardull/Nabe > Rake > Glyph.

Maybe...?

Mhmm?
Wish you went with the first.

I'll vote for sure in 2 hours.

Put your vote on Joey.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Vote: Joey

I played this very poorly. I apologize to my scum team. I acted like we were in a big losing scenario because of the fact that we were all the biggest scum reads, but I could have handled that better than getting my scum partners lynched. :/

I wasn't a traitor. I was just a goon with an execution ability.

Great Job town. The first two days were off, but after that you all really buckled down and got scum wrecked.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I might have figured it out in the final MyLo given time, but you had me convinced up until my death.

I would've also gotten an additional track off and cleared JeXs, so yeah.... that would've buggered things.

Last edited:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Yeah if you were left alive for some reason, you would have definitely scum read me today lmao.

What were Xonar's reads?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I thought Raziek would know if there were more scum roles in this game.

Also 6 scum would be pretty ridiculous imo.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Joey played great. He carried my dead in the water slot that skated by with a ****ty claim due to me accidentally pulling the trigger at the wrong time. What happened earlier wasn't planned, I misread my role and thought I could execute twice, so I did the deed of speeding the game up before town had a chance to figure things out D2. I can't believe my bull**** claim somehow tricked some of you, but I guess that's because this wasn't a normal setup and I could be more elaborate with my claims.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Joey played great. He carried my dead in the water slot that skated by with a ****ty claim due to me accidentally pulling the trigger at the wrong time. What happened earlier wasn't planned, I misread my role and thought I could execute twice, so I did the deed of speeding the game up before town had a chance to figure things out D2. I can't believe my bull**** claim somehow tricked some of you, but I guess that's because this wasn't a normal setup and I could be more elaborate with my claims.
I would have been considered way more suspicious way sooner if you hadn't distanced yourself from Glyph hardcore. I can't thank you enough for that haha.

I was confused why you claimed that you could only use it on the last two days of D1. That was a really unique thing and I think that is what threw people off the most about the claim (it threw me off before I replaced in).

JeXs

Smash Champion
Yay! Joey I think you played pretty good especially that argument with me at the end!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Damn you were a full member? Nice. Props to the team for some of their distancing.

Really happy soup was scum after all. Shame on everyone who called him town because he was open with claiming a scummy ability.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Sigh, though glad I made the right call at least with Kantrip.

I reread the game and wasn't sure who was scum between the two til i reread and realized Joey's reads were really weirdly defined around the time of the Indy Discussion.

JeXs pushing away from the Indies was another thing that made me think he wasn't scum.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Freaking soup and that d1 execution and I still don't get that claim either

But hey we played our hearts out, just got bodied by smart town play. Particularly I want to commend jexs who pinned all three living scum members before rake died without any townies in the mix. Just gotta be louder man!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It's a good post though. It's always a good thing to remind people that they have the option of disregarding terrible advice.

:059:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It's a good post though. It's always a good thing to remind people that they have the option of disregarding terrible advice.

:059:
Unless you say why the advice is supposedly terrible, no, it's still worthless.

Last edited:
Top Bottom