• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia: Game Over! Ouroboros Breaks the Cycle

BarDulL

Town Vampire
ok so since nabe has been hella busy and MIA from this thread, i'm gonna start doing a bulk of the posting until he comes back. swag.

but yeah, we're a hydra now essentially. idk if it lasts forever or if we can be 'unattached', but i'll leave that to nabe to discuss.

anyway, here's a read list from me, which i haven't really discussed with nabe yet. BUT, for the sake of providing content, i will post it.

my guess is that soup is town. he shouldn't have executed werekill. if there was no ulterior motive, then soup was simply being a sillyface; he can't be so unabashed as to claim that he executed werekill the way he did if he was scum...right? it draws too much attention. i don't get the impression he was scum, but i feel like a portion of the picture is missing, because i think soup realizes that by executing werekill, he is still depriving town of information as a result.

kantrip is probably scum. mostly because it feels like TvS, and kantrip trying to capitalize on soup's seeming misplay is kinda grimy. i also get the impression kantrip is trying to play sides to survive, but he kinda does that as town too. more scum lean than town lean atm.

maven constantly asking about our role is pretty odd. in fact, the way he phrased his curiosity is really odd...he suspects we might be a traitor of sorts or something? this might be a scum slip, but he might also just be silly town phishing for his own curiosity. i have him at null at least for day 2, but he was townie-ish on d1.

ruy is, of course, town.

dtj glyph...leaning townie more than scum even though he was pushing soup. i'm thinking he was just misguided.

orbo's a big null because he doesn't post a lot, but all of his posts have been pretty meh and fruitless. he has done this as scum in a game i was previously in with him; i haven't played with him as town lately but usually he's a lot more useful. wouldn't count him out for scum.

i've deliberately been skimming rake's posts because the content he posts hasn't been catching my attention lately.

raz is null, but most likely town. the only thing i'm questioning atm was his push on ruy. highly uncharacteristic of him, i don't know why he wasn't willing to just wait for chaco to confirm ruy as mason, lol.

jexs has been in the background the entire time. null, needs more content under his belt to be properly read. if i had to lean one way right now, it would be a scum lean.

marshy seems like he is legitimately scum hunting with his recent turn on gorf as well as his very recent approach to soup's slot. i'm not sure why he'd do this as scum, assuming gorf is town, since gorf is essentially at marshy's beck and call (i derive this from gorf's explicit proxying of his vote to marshy). additionally, marshy has no reason to assist soup's slot when soup was being heavily undermined for the seeming misplay. leaning more town than scum atm.

gorf...is probably scum? all of his pushes have sucked...eh i can't remember much about the slot other than i don't like it. i'm also curious as to why he is vote blocked. scum would have been better off vote blocking marshy, unless they are trying to make gorf's slot look innocent. if town vote blocked gorf, well, it would make more sense. either way, i don't trust the gorf slot.

tl;dr:

town/likely: marshy, glyph, ruy, soup
null town: raz, maven-ish
null: rake
scum lean: jexs, orbo, gorf
scum: kantrip

Vote: Kantrip

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
Honestly marshy, you should just let this potato lynch happen first. I really don't feel like looking at anything else until I see his head on a pike because they're just small distractions from who I really want. That's always been how I operate and I would only compromise if you started to be less vague about your interests with potato because I thought for certain that you were gonna vote him and it just never happened?

I don't take that in account on you as being scum-motivated with regards to potato, rather it just confuses me. I haven't been able to get in your head all game and I'm waiting for you to stop being so passive about **** and showing me what that #HBC tag is all about, because I haven't really seen it much that game and the initial dislike I had from you is that you were lacking that oomph in your posts. You're still lacking said oomph but I'm giving you benefit of the doubt due to that disconnect between you and potato. Start simple with me.
i have no oomph cuz...well...believe it or not i dont feel like strongarming lynches every damn game? thats really it. i want to play chill for once and this pace isnt engaging to me

potato looks like **** and flops his stances hardbody with the attention span of an ant. is this anything new or should i be super convinced hes scum for it? no and thats part of why im not too motivated. cuz if hes town i feel like scum is having a field day with this lynch (if not game due to the low effort from some of the innocents) and its like im playing the same game for the 50th time where this guy gets himself killed and we all have to get **** on for it. if he IS town i still see little to no reason for maven to react the way he did

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Kantrip did pretty much the same exact thing in DC vs. Marvel; Kanty was pretty much willing to cast aside...someone, I forget who, in order to save his own skin, which came off as pretty grimy. I don't get the same impression that he's town here though.

If Kantrip is Town, I'd prefer him to play a bit more honestly at this point.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kantrip did pretty much the same exact thing in DC vs. Marvel; Kanty was pretty much willing to cast aside...someone, I forget who, in order to save his own skin, which came off as pretty grimy. I don't get the same impression that he's town here though.

If Kantrip is Town, I'd prefer him to play a bit more honestly at this point.
that situation isnt even similar to this one

who am i compromising to lynch despite not thinking they are scum in order to save my own skin?

JeXs

Smash Champion
bardulls reads are bad

marshy is scum
Why?
i have no oomph cuz...well...believe it or not i dont feel like strongarming lynches every damn game? thats really it. i want to play chill for once and this pace isnt engaging to me

potato looks like **** and flops his stances hardbody with the attention span of an ant. is this anything new or should i be super convinced hes scum for it? no and thats part of why im not too motivated. cuz if hes town i feel like scum is having a field day with this lynch (if not game due to the low effort from some of the innocents) and its like im playing the same game for the 50th time where this guy gets himself killed and we all have to get **** on for it. if he IS town i still see little to no reason for maven to react the way he did
I'll take a look at potato and maven's interactions later. Anything in particular I should look out for?

Kantrip

Kantplay
bardull scumreads you me and orbo while townreading marshy glyph and soup. nuff said

marshys gorf behaviour, marshys weak *** push away from me while still letting me get lynched (and his justification for it)

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Kanty, riddle me this:

Why would Soup claim to have executed someone right at Day start? It pretty much guarantees that his slot will be undermined right off the bat, and essentially gives him less credibility to make the pushes that he wants to make going forward. He's also drawing tons of attention to himself.

I mean, I just don't understand why you think scum would show their hand the way he showed it. What's the angle he was trying to achieve?

I'm also curious as to why you feel Orbo and JeXs are Town, which SEEMS to be the implication on your end. Try to be less rude (i.e. telling me my reads are bad) and stick to the argument itself and actually substantiate yourself, or you're going to end up getting lynched. This is what I mean by you needing to be more honest.

Maven89

Smash Master
Potassium I don't agree on your Thuggin reasoning at all, or you push on Soup. I don't see either.

bardull scumreads you me and orbo while townreading marshy glyph and soup. nuff said
I mean, no, that's not enough said at all.

Bardull: I was wondering if we could take the merger as proof you guys were townie, I was figuring that it'd be really ****ty if the mafia had two of their members merged since that'd basically mean they lost a member. Then I realized that it could be a traitor situation so maybe it didn't confirm you as town. That was all. I actually thought it meant you guys would form a hyrda and post under that.

Kantrip

Kantplay
for towncred because of people like you asking that exact question

soups done similarly before. wasnt he the one who rolled scum doublevoter and decided to claim and use the ability right away at the start of the game?

i see no town reason for him to use his ability if it is as he claimed, so he is either lying about the role in some way or he used it for absolutely no reason

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Potassium I don't agree on your Thuggin reasoning at all, or you push on Soup. I don't see either.

I mean, no, that's not enough said at all.

Bardull: I was wondering if we could take the merger as proof you guys were townie, I was figuring that it'd be really ****ty if the mafia had two of their members merged since that'd basically mean they lost a member. Then I realized that it could be a traitor situation so maybe it didn't confirm you as town. That was all. I actually thought it meant you guys would form a hyrda and post under that.
All I will say is that there was definitely a cost-benefit exchange going on when we became a hydra. Technically we don't have two separate accounts, but our slots have literally combined and we now share a single role pm, at least for the time being.

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm still pretty convinced of Gorf, but I'll go do a re-read to see again if maybe Potassium makes more sense. I haven't been vibing with him at all this day and his marshy push I just don't get

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

If you help me see why I should back off Kantrip Gorf I'd listen.

Kantrip's page 7/8 Beraiding me and slimely pushing me without a vote is gross.

Gorf posted a large amount of bull**** with no real gameplan day 1 and really remains that way.

If Werekill/Raz/Gorf/Kantrip are all town after this I'm gonna be pissed.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
Why?

I'll take a look at potato and maven's interactions later. Anything in particular I should look out for?
nah thats pretty much it. read potatos posts n how awful they are. most townies wuld want to vomit n stab their eyes out when reading his posts hence his wagon...maven comes in wit some weirdass meta defense. him tryna gain points on a town flip makes more sense than a townie defending atrocious play imo....this is only if potato is innocent tho which im not confident on

BarDulL

Town Vampire
for towncred because of people like you asking that exact question

soups done similarly before. wasnt he the one who rolled scum doublevoter and decided to claim and use the ability right away at the start of the game?

i see no town reason for him to use his ability if it is as he claimed, so he is either lying about the role in some way or he used it for absolutely no reason
I don't buy the Town cred argument only because he loses presence in thread by claiming to have done something anti-town. That's something you really don't want to do from scum's PoV, and the outcome isn't always simple to see before you actually end up claiming.

As far as the double vote thing, I didn't feel the same way about it only because his maneuver in the game you're referring to was more of a "HBC-esque" hardbody train he was trying to help run, wasn't he?

I don't deny that there wasn't a good reason for him to use his ability, which is why I feel like the whole picture isn't painted very clearly though.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Kanty, riddle me this:

Why would Soup claim to have executed someone right at Day start? It pretty much guarantees that his slot will be undermined right off the bat, and essentially gives him less credibility to make the pushes that he wants to make going forward. He's also drawing tons of attention to himself.

I mean, I just don't understand why you think scum would show their hand the way he showed it. What's the angle he was trying to achieve?

I'm also curious as to why you feel Orbo and JeXs are Town, which SEEMS to be the implication on your end. Try to be less rude (i.e. telling me my reads are bad) and stick to the argument itself and actually substantiate yourself, or you're going to end up getting lynched. This is what I mean by you needing to be more honest.
Soup did this all before in Disney singalong when he claimed half a neighborhood and got attention on himself.

This is null.

JeXs

Smash Champion
nah thats pretty much it. read potatos posts n how awful they are. most townies wuld want to vomit n stab their eyes out when reading his posts hence his wagon...maven comes in wit some weirdass meta defense. him tryna gain points on a town flip makes more sense than a townie defending atrocious play imo....this is only if potato is innocent tho which im not confident on
Nah he did this in lovers too when he said Gorf always finds potato scummy and asked if he was considering that. I don't think it's a scum tell for maven.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
bardull n nabe now share the same role?

damn. that might jus b what i need to get me more involved with this game. i cannot wait to see who nabe wants to push for a lynch

Kantrip

Kantplay
ok im gonna stop being a lazy ***hole and actually do something

expect literally all my stances to possibly change, reading the game now

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
mavens defense of me has me cockin my eyebrow. why is he townreading me? why no skepticism towards my slot?

bardull how hav yu n nabe been communicating n how much?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Try not to tune out on the flavour ****, because despite the OP warning I'm pretty sure there's some relevancy to the setup here.

I was Nu, Indy Guardere. My role was to guess which player was the character Ragna to protect him. My wincon was (paraphrase) "Get together with Ragna." I had an ability that told me whether or not Ragna was on the Day's lynch, and once a Night I could guess two players. Ragna was on the lynch, so I guessed Kantrip and Bard.

I was told I got it right, but had to choose between love or my purpose. So I looked up Blazblue and spoiled the **** out of these games to figure out the better call. Nu is a semi-evil yandere who wants to bone down with Ragna. And in one ending they become a primeval superbeast, but in another she dies to save his life. So I chose love. <3 love ya brah. Now I'm Town, and we're "Lifelinked" meaning essentially a hydra, but we get a nifty ability that I won't talk about. We have private communication. He's confirmed town because gamewise we're sharing a role.

I was on the fence about revealing this, thought about maybe revealing part but lying and saying I was town before, but I think it's setup-relevant and going to become important real fast. So congrats! We're in a setup that I might have written myself in an alcoholic haze. But don't worry, I am uniquely equipped for that sort of thing.

First up, Bard told me that his role PM listed seven character names who were all after him, me and six others. Not going to drop those names right now, but at some point we should get a nameclaim going because that's definitely relevant.

Second, I think there is probably an indy left, judging by the names, and if that's the case it might be a 2-man mafia with traitor rather than 3-man. That's already pushing the totals, even with the mason pair.

Third, Bard learned that he was targeted twice last night via his ability, and I think we've worked out that neither one was me because it wouldn't make sense to resolve what's essentially a recruit action before the resolution of Bard's ability, which he no longer has.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Oh yea. Almost forgot. Soup can you clarify why you executed werekill when you said you'd fight marshy about him being town?

Kantrip

Kantplay
ugh this game makes my brain hurt

[collapse=up to page 8]
Ruy getting mad at marshy for flavour fishing and the fallout where he realized he was wrong reads genuine

soup coming in to complain about nobody taking initiative is hypocritical and bugs me since he didnt show any initiative to do anything but complain about other people. Not scummy but seriously annoying

soup's suspicion of me begins with his #72. This is before I posted. His reasoning is that “among the lurkers I am the one that is most suspicious to him.” not sure if he targeted me specifically or picked me at random, but i dont like that his blinders were on me since before i posted and hes been tunneling me ever since. Will have to see how genuine that “read development” is

lol then when ruy votes him he tells ruy not to “reaction test” him and makes another post complaining about activity. Oh geez

i still hold to my nabe can live sentiments

maven townreading me for “taking things seriously” after i made what... 2 posts? Saying stuff that other people had already said? Yeah thats weird to me

oh yeah just remember ruy is confirmed town. Good i can stop trying to read him now

we thuggins immediate jump onto werekill for doubting ruys claim actually bugs me for some reason. Its purely gut and obviously marshy wasnt wrong in the slightest, but his methods give me a weird feeling

oh i actually like that soup unvotes, i thought he was on me all game but it turns out he took a moment

ehh underwhelmed by gorfs entrance

mavens reason for townreading me is 100% bull. I wasnt even scumhunting and he claims he liked me because it looked like i was scumhunting. If anything i should have been null

hmm seeing his later explanation it looks like hes just relying on meta too much and seeing me play similarly to how hes seen me play as town, assuming i must be town here too.

I was dumb for entertaining even the slightest possibility of ruy being votable, but in my defense when raz came in and started calling him a scumlord i was on the other side trying to get raz to reason why ruy claims when he does. I also never voted ruy BECAUSE, while i thought he was grimy, i knew that chaco could confirm his claim and if that happened he would be clear.

Gorf refusing to provide content is annoying and he deserves the noose for being cheeky about it alone. Not acceptable play when people are trying to get all the inactives to contribute

ew gorfs justficiation for lynching ruy because it would “clear chaco” is grimy as ****

raz's reaction to chaco's confirmation reads genuine. Instead of dropping it completely he tries to find a way to believe that ruy derped so hard. Goes to asking if ruy was drunk when it happened, it really truly looks like he believed it when he said there was no way ruy would pull that as town[/collapse]
so far i have problems with gorf, we thuggin, and maven

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Soup did this all before in Disney singalong when he claimed half a neighborhood and got attention on himself.

This is null.
I gave this a look.

...You might be right, I have to think it over. I feel like it makes more sense to claim neighbor after your neighbor dies though from a scum perspective, especially moreso since the neighbor in question was Town. Granted, it's technically unnecessary either way, but the scum motivation seems more apparent? Maybe not.

mavens defense of me has me cockin my eyebrow. why is he townreading me? why no skepticism towards my slot?

bardull how hav yu n nabe been communicating n how much?
We communicate through our -new- Role PM. We talked about what the heck happened and why it happened, I gave Nabe some of my insight on the game, and not much else has gone on. We're confirmed the same alignment to each other, so I don't think there's any bull**** going on (i.e. Nabe is actually some secret psycho crazy slot trying to eat my heart out with a fake PM).

And yeah, everyone was out to get my slot more or less, however Nabe was the first.

Kinda annoyed that he claimed I was Ragna though since those other 5-6 slots may want to kill us now. :p

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Hmmmm.

Don't think it matters at this rate. I was formerly Ragna, Town Public Enemy #1. My first ability was "Sleep With One Eye Open," which allows me to roleblock someone who specifically targets me.

My second ability was a passive trait that informed me which characters were out to get me, of which there were 7.

So, basically, I was ****ed right from the start. LOL! That's why I was playing pretty passively and laying low in the beginning, and I even liked marshy's post in the beginning in order to throw people off (I actually was operating under the impression that marshy was out to get me when he asked who roled female as a method of narrowing down who Ragna was).

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I don't think there are 7 indies/scum though, and Tager was one of the people listed (Red Ruy) that were out to get me/not to be trusted, but since Chaco confirmed Ruy was town, I could only presume that not everyone (but most) were scum.

Kantrip

Kantplay
what does characters being out to get you even mean?

is it linked to your first ability? was your role basically telling you everybody you had abilities that could specifically target you? whats the significance?

Top Bottom