• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia: Game Over! Ouroboros Breaks the Cycle

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Soup you can either explain why, with Werekill already certainly going to be lynched and players available to hammer, you chose to end the day with no warning or actually thats the only option I'm giving you.

Oh god now I have to format stuff on mobile here I go

Vote: Soup

The more I think about this the less it adds up. Its a one shot ability, and can only be used on D1/2 (already strikes me as odd to have such an unusual restriction). You spring it out of no where but mention NOTHING about it when you were doing it. What the hell is the town benefit to this play? And then today? You just raise your hand, say 'oh yeah that was me, werekill sure looked like a good person to kill' and then push off into how bad other people are looking. I'm not even going to touch on how anti town this ability sounds already due to the nature of this game but hot damn this is just a steaming pile of problems and I'd really like to have them removed.
It'd be better to use it then not use it at all. I didn't want people wondering what that was and then having it blow up in my face. The role sounds ridiculous understandably so but I think you're damning me too much over it instead of what I've been doing. Why are you vocal about something just now? Why is my role claim something that sets you off?

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
You just raise your hand, say 'oh yeah that was me, werekill sure looked like a good person to kill' and then push off into how bad other people are looking.
lol

for the record i am personally taking soups executioner thing as a slightly town motivated action...his power not havin been used later in the game n him claiming it wouldve led to people being like "youre an executioner? prove it" which is a ****ty situation and as scum the way he used it yesterday doesnt benefit the scumteam at ALL. i know there are plenty of ways an execute would help out the scumteam in a pretty swag way so him directly doing the opposite makes me think hes likelier to be innocent off of that

Kantrip

Kantplay
Soup you can either explain why, with Werekill already certainly going to be lynched and players available to hammer, you chose to end the day with no warning or actually thats the only option I'm giving you.

Oh god now I have to format stuff on mobile here I go

Vote: Soup

The more I think about this the less it adds up. Its a one shot ability, and can only be used on D1/2 (already strikes me as odd to have such an unusual restriction). You spring it out of no where but mention NOTHING about it when you were doing it. What the hell is the town benefit to this play? And then today? You just raise your hand, say 'oh yeah that was me, werekill sure looked like a good person to kill' and then push off into how bad other people are looking. I'm not even going to touch on how anti town this ability sounds already due to the nature of this game but hot damn this is just a steaming pile of problems and I'd really like to have them removed.
When did he say he could use it d2?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Please tell me 'its better to use it than not use it' isnt your real logic behind this.

Let me ask you a better question. More of a scenario really. You are you. You have the role you have claimed. Its the end of D1, Werekill is a L-1 with a handsome hero ready to hammer. Why do you chose to execute Werekill?

Dont worry I'm actually going to help you with this. You've already clarified that this ability would work on D2 as well so this haste to use your ability literally for the fun of it seems farfetched at best. considering your ability is effectively a quicklynch on legs I have a hard time seeing any town motives to just suddenly end the day.

Ok you caught me this was never really a question (answer it anyway but I'm not done yet), but here's where things get a little further into the less plausible. At this point I am no longer directing this at Soup and instead everyone, since this is something I'd like yous guys to weigh in on.

Soup's got SOMETHING up, that much is abundantly clear. I can't find a,shred of town motivation for his play, but there's a chink in my armored super case.

What the **** would be scumSoup's motive here? Why would he blow a one shot ability on a lynch that was already going through? Why claim it immediately after and draw all the attention to himself?

You look closer at the chink in the armor, and realize it actually only had even harder armor underneath it.

If there isn't any town motive, and there isn't any scum motive, that leaves with two options as far as I see it. 1. Soup is very dumb and just slapping his **** on the keyboard and hoping for the best (based off how heated he got yesterday I doubt this) or 2. He's lying about something. I'd bet money the role he claimed isn't the full picture of what he does, and while it doesn't explain the WHY of his actions it sure makes me queasy about leaving him alive.

#HBC | ѕoup

Please tell me 'its better to use it than not use it' isnt your real logic behind this.

Let me ask you a better question. More of a scenario really. You are you. You have the role you have claimed. Its the end of D1, Werekill is a L-1 with a handsome hero ready to hammer. Why do you chose to execute Werekill?

Dont worry I'm actually going to help you with this. You've already clarified that this ability would work on D2 as well so this haste to use your ability literally for the fun of it seems farfetched at best. considering your ability is effectively a quicklynch on legs I have a hard time seeing any town motives to just suddenly end the day.

Ok you caught me this was never really a question (answer it anyway but I'm not done yet), but here's where things get a little further into the less plausible. At this point I am no longer directing this at Soup and instead everyone, since this is something I'd like yous guys to weigh in on.

Soup's got SOMETHING up, that much is abundantly clear. I can't find a,shred of town motivation for his play, but there's a chink in my armored super case.

What the **** would be scumSoup's motive here? Why would he blow a one shot ability on a lynch that was already going through? Why claim it immediately after and draw all the attention to himself?

You look closer at the chink in the armor, and realize it actually only had even harder armor underneath it.

If there isn't any town motive, and there isn't any scum motive, that leaves with two options as far as I see it. 1. Soup is very dumb and just slapping his **** on the keyboard and hoping for the best (based off how heated he got yesterday I doubt this) or 2. He's lying about something. I'd bet money the role he claimed isn't the full picture of what he does, and while it doesn't explain the WHY of his actions it sure makes me queasy about leaving him alive.

Where the hell are you getting that I could use it D2??

#HBC | ѕoup

EBWOP: Ninja. You still haven't answered why this of all things sets you off where you're suddenly hyper active and bothered over my role instead of my play itself.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
lol

for the record i am personally taking soups executioner thing as a slightly town motivated action...his power not havin been used later in the game n him claiming it wouldve led to people being like "youre an executioner? prove it" which is a ****ty situation and as scum the way he used it yesterday doesnt benefit the scumteam at ALL. i know there are plenty of ways an execute would help out the scumteam in a pretty swag way so him directly doing the opposite makes me think hes likelier to be innocent off of that
If I thought Soup put that much thought into it this would make a ton of sense, but even then why would he do it and not let us know in thread? Why wait until the next day when a heads up would have not only proven his ability but allowed us to finish out the day and treat it as a hammering vote

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Soup stop acting like a 5 year old and actually address my points instead of asking me why I'm pushing you. I'm pushing you because of those points. Thats how this game exists

Maven89

Smash Master
lolfor the record i am personally taking soups executioner thing as a slightly town motivated action...his power not havin been used later in the game n him claiming it wouldve led to people being like "youre an executioner? prove it" which is a ****ty situation and as scum the way he used it yesterday doesnt benefit the scumteam at ALL. i know there are plenty of ways an execute would help out the scumteam in a pretty swag way so him directly doing the opposite makes me think hes likelier to be innocent off of that
In the end I agree with this. I think claiming it was really, really dumb, and the execution shouldn't have been used at all. If he wanted to speed up the Werekill lynch he could have just...voted werekill.

I still want him to answer Glyphmoney's questions, though

Maven89

Smash Master
Oh, I meant to cut out some of We Thuggin's quote. I'm not taking it as slightly town but null. I feel normally I'd consider it scum but the way it was used and how it wasn't used goes against that.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
vote gorf
did you choose to dv today or did it just happen?
The push was in partial in justification of my role which I'm going to claim right now.

That execution yesterday was done by me, and since my role is now nullified I might as well claim it. I'm a town executioner, only the twist is being that I could only use the execution within the last two days of deadline on D1, and since I couldn't get Kantrip, I sufficed to just use it then and there on werekill to speed up the process.
thid has been touched on but what made you decide to not claim the "shot" right then and there?
which frustrates me because I feel like I'm gonna have to literally fight him on Potato/Kantrip
Why is this a problem if you believe yourself correct about kantrip?

Takamagahara

Smash Apprentice

[collapse=Text Version]
1. Orboknown
2. Raziek
3. Maven
4. Red Ryu
5. Bardull + Nabe
6. Gorf [3]: We Thuggin, Maven, Red Ryu
7. Jexs
8. Soup [1]: Glyph
9. Glyph
10. Kantrip [1]: Jexs
11. Rake [3]: Mod, Mod, Mod
12. We Thuggin

Not Voting:
Orboknown, Raziek, Bardull/Nabe, Soup, Kantrip, Rake
[/collapse]

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Oh, I meant to cut out some of We Thuggin's quote. I'm not taking it as slightly town but null. I feel normally I'd consider it scum but the way it was used and how it wasn't used goes against that.
Why does this post exist, and why does it cover the entire spectrum of how you could have felt? Also I can't tell what subject you're even referring to here, is it Soup or Marshold2's response to it? Either way its a long way to say 'this post meant nothing to me. It was not town, but nor was it scum.' So why.

Someone who's been around, fill me in on your past impressions on Maven.

@ Maven89 Maven89 give me a rundown of your mafia history por favor on top of that other junk. I want to understand what makes you tick

Maven89

Smash Master
Why does this post exist, and why does it cover the entire spectrum of how you could have felt? Also I can't tell what subject you're even referring to here, is it Soup or Marshold2's response to it? Either way its a long way to say 'this post meant nothing to me. It was not town, but nor was it scum.' So why.
That was part of a 2 part post, you have to read the post above it too. I quoted Thuggin's quote talking about Soup's claim, and said I agreed with it. Then I realized I forgot to cut a line out of Thuggin's quote, making it look like I was saying I agreed that it was slightly town. I wouldn't go that far, but i don't think it's necessarily scummy either, mainly because of the way the execution happened.

One prior mafia game, Lovers mafia, it's on the front page.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Gotcha, I knew it was part of the first post but couldn't nail down the context. And ok, got it.

Raz I would call you a boner but it's not like I'm Captain Activity either so here's hoping you get around to it tonight

Kantrip

Kantplay
to be clear, soup is claiming an execution ability that is only usable D1?

and only during the last 2 days until deadline?

^ that restriction right there makes it a really obvious scum power because if it was town that restriction would not be necessary. That time restriction is there to ensure it can't be abused to prematurely end the Day by scum. not to mention i dont buy that it was a one-shot Day 1 only ability. soup scum wanted to make sure the werekill lynch was punched through for whatever reason.

vote soup

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
While I agree with your logic there and think that's a well deserved vote, it still wouldn't make sense with the timing and manner it ended up used in. I'm still REALLY leaning towards that claim being a bastardized version of his real role

Kantrip

Kantplay
yeah its probably a case of "i have a scum role that im goin to use and claim to look townie even though i have no reason to"

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
If I thought Soup put that much thought into it this would make a ton of sense, but even then why would he do it and not let us know in thread? Why wait until the next day when a heads up would have not only proven his ability but allowed us to finish out the day and treat it as a hammering vote
i dont know why he didnt let us know. i could speculate but i dont think it matters cuz he eventually ended up telling us anyway. if you were to tell me soup had scum motivation behind keeping it a secret i might buy it. but whats the scum rationale behind NOT telling us then telling us immediately d2 ANYWAY? in fact now that you have me thinking about this its even LIKELIER he wouldnt tell town d1 cuz scum are left in the dark for just a lil longer that he would still b in their "we dont know this guys role so hes on the table to be targeted" pool. you and potassium have taken issue with him waiting til d2 but the difference between early d2 and late d1 are negligible to the point id have to see some reasoning offered as to why the late reveal is scummy

potatos jump onto soup SOLELY off role speculation gave me the nastiest feeling. anyways i keep tellin myself ima reread but im havin difficulty wit motivation. ill care when the rest of this town does? i dunno

JeXs

Smash Champion
I've been telling myself that for the past few days. Maybe tomorrow...

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup stop acting like a 5 year old and actually address my points instead of asking me why I'm pushing you. I'm pushing you because of those points. Thats how this game exists
I know. Your push doesn't interest me in the slightest and I'm trying to discern if it's scum motivated or not and I'm slightly leaning on it being so because again (and I have asked this before) why are you caring just now? Why is your thread presence such a thing over a role claim? It's the worst thing you could literally focus on, especially in a game like this. My role is the role I got, and if you haven't been aware already, this setup is filled with crazy and wonky PRs. I'm not going to speculate why the hell I could only use it on D1 and under special circumstances, but it's a really moot point and to be damned over something I don't control is both stupid and doesn't help anyone. I'd rather you talk to me and my play or the players for that matter, because I haven't heard much from you. I will not appeal to this garbage push over my decision to use my role in the way I did. The same goes to anyone else, I will not justify myself to you as I have nothing to justify.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
ill care when the rest of this town does? i dunno
this is a ****ty comment n i apologize for it

damn. i reread and definitely understand why potato has caught the amount of hate that he has. i also realized i got pissed as **** d1 over the stupid mason **** n let bloodrage take over

i want to say that maven caught my eye for how he acted when potato was getting the most flak. he was defending/commenting against the lynch in a way that REALLY reminds me of scum pressing against a known mislynch

this game actually has enough from d1 that its playable and somethin can be cooked up but we need way more as a whole or i can tell were good as ****ed

@ Raziek Raziek

are you still townreading gorf? you made a comment d1 how i was the only slot you disliked. is that still the case? you were making some progress towards reads d1 so what do you need to have a better view of the game?

@#HBC | Gorf

what do you think of maven and his push on you?

@ Shun Goku Satsu Rake Shun Goku Satsu Rake

do me a favor n read pages 8-10. do you see anything

@ Orboknown Orboknown

does rake saying he dislikes you the way he did mean anything to you?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
this is a ****ty comment n i apologize for it

damn. i reread and definitely understand why potato has caught the amount of hate that he has. i also realized i got pissed as **** d1 over the stupid mason **** n let bloodrage take over

i want to say that maven caught my eye for how he acted when potato was getting the most flak. he was defending/commenting against the lynch in a way that REALLY reminds me of scum pressing against a known mislynch

this game actually has enough from d1 that its playable and somethin can be cooked up but we need way more as a whole or i can tell were good as ****ed

@ Raziek Raziek

are you still townreading gorf? you made a comment d1 how i was the only slot you disliked. is that still the case? you were making some progress towards reads d1 so what do you need to have a better view of the game?

@#HBC | Gorf

what do you think of maven and his push on you?

do me a favor n read pages 8-10. do you see anything

@ Orboknown Orboknown

does rake saying he dislikes you the way he did mean anything to you?
hitting this

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
gorf im voting yu for doing stupid **** like voting a mason n suggesting an inactive lynch when there was actually interesting **** goin on in the thread. i read yur posts n see yu ****ting on a lot of people who dont deserve to b

that said i told myself id reread this game this weekend plus i jus realized ruy wanted yu lynched first yesterday meaning i need to reevaluate my read. im paying attention to potato v soup

also if we lynch one of bardull/nabe BOTH die fyi. whoever is using that shuld attach 2 slots that town hates if they are town

@ Raziek Raziek

who are yu guys looking at?
oh god dont get me started

Top Bottom