• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia Extend: Game Over - NYANCAT In Charge!

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Since that demands a longer answer:

This game legitimately was moving away from J and Glyfe before you and Maven/Moosy tried to redivert attention to these slots for reasons I don't really like. Hell, J pressure was dwindling to the point that Glyfe randomly offered his life to get J lynched. I don't understand that position but honestly, the game needed that. This is reading of Murderbush vs Leviathan in Sleepover all over again and I'd rather not see that level of explosion. I think both slots are town. I don't think that either are worth a lynch, and lynching either over how detrimental they are to town is either severely underestimating town's ability to move forward or overvaluing how much thread control the two have.

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Dude. Do you really not see how people have set themselves up as a J support/Glyph disliker or the complete opposite? This isn't a problem that's gonna go away and it's going to bother me to no end seeing people just townread J for the ****tiest reasons, so I'm doing the workaround and I want to see this topple over.
No, I don't, because the thread isn't as black and white as that. I think both are town. Raz does the same. Ruy does the same. I think even ****ing Bardull does the same. FML I think is the same. That's at least a third of the game that does not apply to that same standard and I don't think that's everyone. The only reason why you think that is either that you're town and in a tunnel or scum and trying to force the gamestate to that point of view.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

This game legitimately was moving away from J and Glyfe before you and Maven/Moosy tried to redivert attention to these slots for reasons I don't really like. Hell, J pressure was dwindling to the point that Glyfe randomly offered his life to get J lynched. I don't understand that position but honestly, the game needed that. This is reading of Murderbush vs Leviathan in Sleepover all over again and I'd rather not see that level of explosion. I think both slots are town. I don't think that either are worth a lynch, and lynching either over how detrimental they are to town is either severely underestimating town's ability to move forward or overvaluing how much thread control the two have.

You're killing me. I don't get how you have things you dislike about J and how you vocally express them but you just end up writing him off as town either way. I thought the same too but really I don't want to second-guess it, I just want to rip this bandage off.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I’m not saying that townreading both J and Glyph is wrong, but Spak doesn’t seem to have a reason for why he’s townreading them. On the other hand, there’s reasoning that shows Glyph is highly likely to be scum if J flips as town which I think is the case. I’m also trying to figure this out by asking Glyph to share what reasoning he has for tunneling on J so hard because i just don’t see it at all.
That reasoning is so awful. So, so awful.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace

Either way, I'd still like a re-read from J and reason from Glyph for his tunnel.

mmm...so who would you look into if this was the case?

#HBC | ѕoup

No, I don't, because the thread isn't as black and white as that. I think both are town. Raz does the same. Ruy does the same. I think even ****ing Bardull does the same. FML I think is the same. That's at least a third of the game that does not apply to that same standard and I don't think that's everyone. The only reason why you think that is either that you're town and in a tunnel or scum and trying to force the gamestate to that point of view.

Well, I usually go about prioritizing myself so I don't get all cluttered and feel like I'm trying to focus at ten different things at a time. I felt like I was trying to focus on smaller things when I always had a bigger feeling towards J, but I didn't want to end up in a tunnel. Maybe something doesn't work right in my head but I look at the J lynch as the most profitable for me, so of course I'm going to push it. He's someone who has been nagging at me all game and unlike Spak, I haven't had all much reason to back down. I was literally just playing the waiting game, but I felt that I needed to aggress this further because deadline was approaching and I hate feeling like I'm letting someone get away.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
mmm...so who would you look into if both are town?*

That should be pretty obvious imo.
Gogdammit you're gonna give me an aneurysm.

I've already said that my point of view is that both are town and I'm looking into slots that are trying to redirect the game back to them in order to get them lynched now that pressure was easing off both. It's why I like Maven the least. I don't like Bardull because, despite not doing that, I don't like how he was feeding the game to the easier lynches despite having a better pick, and one people were pretty uneasy about.

#HBC | ѕoup

EBWOP: I somehow ended up in an tunnel trying to reinvent myself because I know I can get on long-winded tangents, but old habits die hard.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Gogdammit you're gonna give me an aneurysm.

I've already said that my point of view is that both are town and I'm looking into slots that are trying to redirect the game back to them in order to get them lynched now that pressure was easing off both. It's why I like Maven the least. I don't like Bardull because, despite not doing that, I don't like how he was feeding the game to the easier lynches despite having a better pick, and one people were pretty uneasy about.

You're the one who misread my post m8. xd

What do you think of Raziek right now?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Me and laundry already have a hydra. pretty sure he carried me through half the game we played.
Also reasonably sure we got nk'd
Simply having your name on that hydra put us through so much **** that game. :glare: That was the one where we blew ourselves up to get scumCircus.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Alright, let’s talk about Glyph.
Bypassed the bogus ****ing reread and got to the main point.

He almost killed a power player right at the start of the game, and people are currently giving him pro-town credit for doing so.
For a man who was supposedly rereading, your information is a little suspect. Nobody townreads Glyfe for his actions in the sense that they were for the benefit of town.

This requires we discuss it. The game has yet to actually discuss it, people never did anything but mention how much they don’t want to discuss it and squash all real conversation about it. I get people don’t want to discuss it, the play comes off like nothing but head-hurting WIFOM that could never be proved. Well, I believe they’re wrong. I’ll prove it.
wtf is this gross ass accusation. we've discussed it ad naseum from the start of the game until most people reached a conclusion about glyfe. when we finally started to look like we were moving on, you and moosy showed up and started screaming about how glyfe is literally scum and we need to lynch him like a pair of harpies and now we're talking about him again.

We all waited for Glyph to respond with why he did it, but it really seems no one wanted to deal with it because no one cared enough to look at the post and realize what it meant. It meant Glyph was full of ****. I addressed it here (http://smashboards.com/threads/blaz...-continuum-shift.417970/page-13#post-20335607), but there’s three major things that stick out. His only explanation for why he did it early in the game was to get us out of RVS, by giving us mod confirmed discussion. He also said that he targeted J because he was hard to read and would give us lots of information, as well as paranoia over the newbies hanging on to him. Important thing here is that the last two points are blatant lies. No newbie was even talking to J, nor did J have anything in the way of “connections”. Even suggesting that J or any player had connections so early in the game is laughable. So no matter what, Glyph is exaggerating and adding on to his reasoning with things he’s making up. That is undeniable.
you'd be surprised at how much "undeniable" information people are wrong about because they fail to reread correctly. if that's a reason to lynch, we should lynch you over this post alone.

But how does Glyph react to the discussion about his slot? By insisting we don’t discuss it. By saying that looking into his slot is scummy. By saying discussing his shot is bad for the game. By ignoring questions directed at him, and by forcing a tunnel on J. And then nothing else.
uh

huh

the only slot he called scum for this was spak because he believed spak was role-fishing. a bit of an overreaction but not at all what you're claiming here. never did he ever say "don't discuss the shot". he made it for the exact point of starting discussion. get outta here with these false ass claims.

Because why would scum attract so much attention to himself and do something so anti-town right at the start?
the million dollar question

But that’s not looking at the question with the full scale of information that Glyph, or even any player knowledgeable in Dgamesia, would have. What we just did is normal.

Basically, the game’s reaction to the shot is not surprising. In fact, it’s pretty obvious this is what Dgames would do. He would know this. Hell, I know this. In fact, we all knew this.
what

lmao what

lmao maven what the hell

Look at the thread. As soon as the shot happened, almost everyone went “Eh, **** it, let’s just ignore it”. We all did that, and we did it immediately, and we did it before Glyph even defended himself.
yes that's exactly what happened your glorious reread of quoting glyfe's posts did such a fantastic job of illustrating that, thanks maven

Knowing this, knowing that Dgames would act like this, what would be the benefits of a scum member doing this? It’d be day-viging a slot day1 and being given Pro-town credit for doing so. That’s what people are willing to do to him. It’s undeniable he’s embellishing his claim about why he attempted to vig J. He’s not acting in a pro-town way. He’s acting in a way that’s inconsistent with why he claimed he did the vig in the first place. He’s done nothing positive since. He’s purposefully avoided and attempted to squash any discussion on what he did. He claims the discussion on what he did makes him pro town.
Okay, finally, the summary.

So, let's get this straight for the thread to see: your entire claim as to why scumGlyfe would put himself in this position is because he knew he could get away with it. Never mind the fact that people are still suspicious of him to this point and that suspicions never fully went away. Never mind the fact that your claim that nobody questioned him is full of **** (spoilers: they did). Never mind that the only asshat stupid enough to try to townread him early for it was me. Never mind the fact that, despite your claim that we ignored it, we've talked about it since the start of the day until now because we can't let this **** die. Glyfe knew he'd get away with it and that we'd all sing his townie praises for trying to dayvig J.

This is so gloriously wrong that I can't tell if Maven's tunnel is that narrow or if this is some nefarious **** planned out to make a move on Glyfe at whatever the cost because Maven thinks he can get away with it.

Maven89

Smash Master
Why does scum publicly claim the shot? Why not let town run around like a psycho not knowing where the shot came from?
I don't have any reason to really believe that's part of the claim is true. Honestly I find it weird.

Why are you assuming j has to be town from this?
I'm not, I'm just liking J's overall posts. I see him actually playing differently then he normally does and don't see any scum intent. He correctly pointed out multiple holes in Glyph's explanation and gave a reasonable explanation for why he wasn't pushing it.

I'm not saying that the shot is or isnt scum intent behind it ( though i lean towards glyph being town) I'm just saying that him shooting early game does not make him scum. Hell glyph was part of the hydra that shot ee ( a point they established in that same game people keep handwaving whenever they refer back) AND they ended up being a heavy townread by.late game
I don't believe it inherently makes him scum. The point I'm making is that the attempted day-vig could very clearly help the scum team. The counter is that the attention is brings is too bad for a scum player because he'd get lynched. Therefore scum would never do this, leaving that person to be likely town or null, and most people here are reading him town. The problem is that it's pretty obvious people would have those thoughts.It's how we generally treat actions like that. That means the whole thing is open to being played. You can't insist something is too scummy to be scummy, therefore it's town, and not expect scum to sometimes utilize that

Because it can be played, it heavily weakens the inherent pro-town read of the person. So we look at how the slot has posted. And in my opinion, for the reasons I posted above, Glyph is posting as if he's playing it. He's coasting on his pro-town credit even though even most of his supporters have quoted his posts going "what the ****". His explanation for why he did it contained blatant lies. I'm not even the first person to acknowledge this, yet every time it's brought up Glyph just ignores it. This is why I don't believe him. This is why I'm voting him. I'm not saying he's confirmed scum. I'm saying I think he's by far the scummiest.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Please explain how scum attempting to kill a power player before they can talk and being given pro-town credit for it is not pro-scum. Please explain how that can only ever be considered "anti-town".
Please point out whoever gave Glyfe Pro-town credit for it.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Although your post is spot on are you admitting here that what Glyph did is anti-town? in that case, anything anti-town is already pro-scum. And I really doubt that Glyph is town.

oup, I’ll look through your posts but you should still make a case. Also, it’s not necessarily that J’s townread leads to Glyph scumread, but Glyph’s action just makes no sense whatsoever for town.
And thus proving FML's point is Moosy.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Like, seriously, what you're trying to do with that argument is basically set up a scenario where Glyfe is scum regardless of all sorts of factors because you don't like that he shot J. In spite of the mounting reasons to believe that shot is not scummy, you have set it up that it, in fact, is on a wild assumption that is much less likely than the alternative. You continually twist the actual truth in your favor to set up Glyfe as scum. Your arguments are either gross exaggerations, twisting information to your benefit, or unlikely hypotheticals to try to answer questions you can't. You can't argue why he'd do this as scum because the explanation is flimsy. You can't argue why his role makes sense as scum because there's no reason to htink so. Case-in-point: your push on Glyfe is complete and utter ****. The only thing I'm left rumbling on is why you made it. This is just stupid enough that I can't call you blatantly scum for it, but the timing, approach, and wild overextension do not make me think you're town.

Maven89

Smash Master
I mean yeah, I definitely think shooting at J helps the scum team. I can see why town would do this, but it'd have to have good reasons. "To get out of RVS" is a really dumb reason, rvs barely lasts at all, and most of his points about why he targeted J were made up. I'd have less problem with it if he just said "I shot J because I hate J". I could understand why a town who hates J would shoot J. I don't see how a town who hates RVS would decide to waste a 1-2 day dayvig by using it right off the bat on a player who numerically would help the town. From a town perspective that doesn't make sense. It's not just the action but the action on top of his failure to explain it.

Laundry find me those 10 people who all want Glyph dead or think he's scum. Not those who raise a problem then just ignore it, but propose that he' scum or needs to be dealt with in a short manner. Because you're insisting this happened, and I re-read and saw none of that People rose points and then immediately dismissed them in the same post. I can remember two people actually trying to lynch glyph and everyone one waving away the issues away pretty quickly.

Takamagahara

Smash Apprentice
With 15 alive it takes 8 to Lynch!
1. FML
2. J [2]: Glyphmoney, Soup
3. Soup
4. Maven
5. Bardiculous [1] Laundry
6. Red Ryu
7. Raziek
8. Mal_Thug
9. Laundry
10. Fandangox
11. Glyphmoney [2]: Moosy, Maven
12. Spak
13. MooseyDoosey [2]: Red Ryu, Raziek
14. SlickWylde
15. Zaixl [5]: J, Bard, Spak, FML, Slick

Not Voting: Fandangox, Mal_Thug, Zaixl
Day 1 Deadline is Midnight EST, Friday the 23rd!

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Like, seriously, what you're trying to do with that argument is basically set up a scenario where Glyfe is scum regardless of all sorts of factors because you don't like that he shot J. In spite of the mounting reasons to believe that shot is not scummy, you have set it up that it, in fact, is on a wild assumption that is much less likely than the alternative. You continually twist the actual truth in your favor to set up Glyfe as scum. Your arguments are either gross exaggerations, twisting information to your benefit, or unlikely hypotheticals to try to answer questions you can't. You can't argue why he'd do this as scum because the explanation is flimsy. You can't argue why his role makes sense as scum because there's no reason to htink so. Case-in-point: your push on Glyfe is complete and utter ****. The only thing I'm left rumbling on is why you made it. This is just stupid enough that I can't call you blatantly scum for it, but the timing, approach, and wild overextension do not make me think you're town.

...you're also exaggerating things Laundry. It's pretty simple. There are two scenarios: one where Glyph is town and the other where Glyph is scum.

- If you believe Glyph is town, you have to believe that Glyph shot J to 1: get out of RVS and 2: because he has difficulty reading J. These two reasons are bull because getting out of RVS is never a problem and he should at least try to get a read on J first before using his shot if he's town.
- If you believe Glyph is scum, there is scum motivation behind shooting a strong town player D1 and believing in the fact that people like Laundry will swallow your explanation about meta.

There is such little rationale behind the scenario where Glyph is town, while there is scum motivation for what Glyph did if he's scum. Just screaming meta to cover scummy actions is not going to work. Didn't people say earlier in the game that meta is used way too often to throw blankets over things and excuse people of ridiculous actions?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I suspect both of them equally and would take either of them that I could get. I think there's a decent shot they're partners but I have little reason to believe as much, just a gutread. I voted Bardull because, despite the townreads, I think it's easier to convince people that what Bardull's doing is scummier than Maven spitting hellfire about Glyfe. I don't care about which we pursue, I just think they should be pursued. I don't care for that contradiction, that doesn't throw out the basis of my point of view about Glyfe. That newbie point is at best a minor point and doesn't really hold water in the grand scheme of things.

What do you mean despite the Townreads? Also how is it a minor point? If he had to make up a reason to go after J, when he was fine enough with telling us about his other abilities and some info on how his shot works (going so far as to tell us he didn't need to actually post the shot in the thread) Why tell us all of that, but then lie about J?

It's nothing too major but something that reads really nefarious. He walks into the thread and in his initial posts, commends me for suspecting Soup early in the game and then reprimands me for backing off so easily. When I asked him if he thought I was right later, he told me he thought I was. Despite this, he never seems to mention Soup as a primary suspect and instead said that the wagons du jour were better lynch targets. Given his position in the thread (in the background, pushing directions to weak wagons, I do believe he is voting Zaixl albeit I'm not sure), I think he's likely scum playing the outside and trying to direct attention elsewhere

It's not very strong and hoenstly the more I write about it here, the more I just wanna vote Maven. This is weaker than I thought.

This is a solid viewpoint, I don't know why you think its weak, I'll have to re-read Bardull myself, since he is one of those slots I still have no particular opinion on.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Dude. Do you really not see how people have set themselves up as a J support/Glyph disliker or the complete opposite? This isn't a problem that's gonna go away and it's going to bother me to no end seeing people just townread J for the ****tiest reasons, so I'm doing the workaround and I want to see this topple over.
I mean I don't really see it that way, I guess its sort of natural for some to support J and Dislike Glyph, and Vice Versa, given Glyph's actions, but looking at it from that's perspective is going to cloud your view on the game, and the other slot's reads.

What do you make of Bardul, Maven, Thug and Ryu?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

Strongly agree with this post.

Though they are strongly linked and give a ton of reads on every player, I do not think the Day has to end in lynching either player, and honestly would probably prefer that it didn't.

Soup, why exactly ARE you presenting it as black & white/One or the other type choice?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well, I usually go about prioritizing myself so I don't get all cluttered and feel like I'm trying to focus at ten different things at a time. I felt like I was trying to focus on smaller things when I always had a bigger feeling towards J, but I didn't want to end up in a tunnel. Maybe something doesn't work right in my head but I look at the J lynch as the most profitable for me, so of course I'm going to push it. He's someone who has been nagging at me all game and unlike Spak, I haven't had all much reason to back down. I was literally just playing the waiting game, but I felt that I needed to aggress this further because deadline was approaching and I hate feeling like I'm letting someone get away.
I dislike this reasoning, primarily because you're waving off your reason for pushing the lynch as it being most profitable for you.

I'll be the first to admit that I've been part of a hydra that does this CONSTANTLY, but this reads to me literally like you want to lynch J because he's been nagging you and you're not sure, not because you actually think he's scum?

Bypassed the bogus ****ing reread and got to the main point.

For a man who was supposedly rereading, your information is a little suspect. Nobody townreads Glyfe for his actions in the sense that they were for the benefit of town.

wtf is this gross *** accusation. we've discussed it ad naseum from the start of the game until most people reached a conclusion about glyfe. when we finally started to look like we were moving on, you and moosy showed up and started screaming about how glyfe is literally scum and we need to lynch him like a pair of harpies and now we're talking about him again.

you'd be surprised at how much "undeniable" information people are wrong about because they fail to reread correctly. if that's a reason to lynch, we should lynch you over this post alone.

uh

huh

the only slot he called scum for this was spak because he believed spak was role-fishing. a bit of an overreaction but not at all what you're claiming here. never did he ever say "don't discuss the shot". he made it for the exact point of starting discussion. get outta here with these false *** claims.

the million dollar question

what

lmao what

lmao maven what the hell

yes that's exactly what happened your glorious reread of quoting glyfe's posts did such a fantastic job of illustrating that, thanks maven

Okay, finally, the summary.

So, let's get this straight for the thread to see: your entire claim as to why scumGlyfe would put himself in this position is because he knew he could get away with it. Never mind the fact that people are still suspicious of him to this point and that suspicions never fully went away. Never mind the fact that your claim that nobody questioned him is full of **** (spoilers: they did). Never mind that the only ****** stupid enough to try to townread him early for it was me. Never mind the fact that, despite your claim that we ignored it, we've talked about it since the start of the day until now because we can't let this **** die. Glyfe knew he'd get away with it and that we'd all sing his townie praises for trying to dayvig J.

This is so gloriously wrong that I can't tell if Maven's tunnel is that narrow or if this is some nefarious **** planned out to make a move on Glyfe at whatever the cost because Maven thinks he can get away with it.

++++++

If I could have my vote 2 places at once I'd be voting both Moosy and Maven.

Vote: Maven89 makes more sense right now I think.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm seeing two groups of influential people, and I'm interested in both sides. Once someone finally flips, I think this will give us a lot to go on.

I see Maven/Soup/Moosy as one group (Not saying they work together, but generally they seem to have the same mindset)
And I see Laundry/Raziek as the other group. Can't wait for a lynch and a flip.

#HBC | ѕoup

Raziek Raziek if I didn't think he was scum, I wouldn't be so boisterous and I wouldn't have mentioned him further and how he was nagging at me.

When I mean profitable, I mean it in the sense I think he's scum and that it will also open up a ton of people who i have felt has flimsy non-committal reads, or ones that hard defend him. You could say that it could be the same for everyone else but it's not due to the fact that I is connected to the one huge topic of this phase, which is the glyph shot. I have both solid reasoj to think I is scum but also solid reason to try and get people away from that because I noticed a dissonance that I've been taking about. It's not some weird theory I have, mostly I just think that if one of them dies then people would have the notation of glyph=scum because he shot J.

#HBC | ѕoup

Yes, I am going under presumption that I will flip scum and I'm putting myself at complete risk of a being moron if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom