• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia Extend: Game Over - NYANCAT In Charge!

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Most of the pressure on J sucks and needs to be alleviated a bit before Town just completely obliterates the slot without more action going down on other ends of the spectrum.
Sucks in what way? Also why would you want pressure off a slot at the current time? That makes no sense.

I'll be frank. I'll entertain J as an option, but I don't like anything about the wagon. It started off with Glyph's gut read on J, followed by an endless pursuit, and it looks like tunneling to me. I get where you were coming from when identifying that question J asked beforehand, as it was peculiar, but there have been other slots doing questionable or small things as well. Who else are you looking at?.
Considering the above, why entertain J as an option then? Also right now aside from Glyph, Thug's first half of posts had no substance, but honestly still not very sure about that one, considering his recent posts actually have scumhunting intent on them.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Is not about gambits or whatever, is about getting Glyph to answer why he did what he did and when, I just simply do not buy he did it to get the game out of RVS, when RVS has rarely been an actual issue in Dgames (or at least the ones I have been in) and the fact that he keeps reminding us that his action took the game out of that phase like that should lay off the pressure off of him rubs the wrong way.
Okay, but we seriously need to know where you stand on people this close to deadline other than Glyph. I do agree that his argument based on meta and RVS is bull but you can't just focus on that.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
a player thats really easy to scumread and didnt much ever improve or add much to the gamestate
So...are you not the person that can answer this? Or is it the other head of the hydra that should answer this?
I have some questions for FullMetalLynch.

You asked for this and Ryu delivered. What are your thoughts about his push onto Moosy and what do you think about his reasoning?

This post felt a bit off to me. Was it serious or meant to be a joke?

Also, can you please somehow come up with a list that shows where your reads are at? This might be difficult with your fusion but it’s important to know where everyone stands around EoD.
^_^ Either way still need that reads list

Fandangox

Smash Lord
@#HBC | Laundry Talk to me. You are voting Bardul right now, but your posts srt of read like you suspect Maven just as much, if not more. Elaborate a bit more on the two, and which one do you think town should be pursuing today. On that note, what do you think of the contradiction of Glyph's reasoning for targetting J (that newbies were getting buddy buddy with him) that Maven pointed out.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Vote: DtG Glyphmoney

Don’t think you’re off the hook though Red Ryu. That was a seriously gross misinterpretation of my play where basically every point you tried to make was false.
You might not like me but I like you, though I don't get your angle on Glyph. Based on reading his posts I would suspect that he has no care about whether he lives or dies which is either softing an indy or just somebody who, in his words, 'doesn't need to survive in order to win ez game'. You would still lynch him despite this?

@#HBC | Laundry

Moosy's point(s) about Glyph might suck but I know you dislike Ruy and I'd have to say that from that angle where Ruy was scum, the way he's jumping at Moosy isn't partner-esque. I don't like thinking like that too early in the game because it ****s me up but I do it simply out of habit and that's what I feel right now.

Laundry said:
I'm gonna talk about this one as well as it hit me while reading it. That J/Spak aren't aligned angle is such horse**** because the way they interacted is exactly like two nervous scummates not sure how to interact without blowing each other up. Just go back and look at it, Spak walks in with this wonky *** read on J and J doesn't know how to handle it whatsoever. I think if one's scum, the other definitely is. I just don't think either are scum.
Nah. I think Spak would've folded and pushed on J with me to get on my good side, but this is all just matter of perspective. It's not a topic that really needs to be talked about but do you get that feeling of J being an elphant in the room like I do?

----

So, uh. Is this whole game a giant chainsaw all caused because Glyph shot J? Just thinking about how people are just waving off J and making Glyph out as he enacted some scum masterplan by shooting and how ridiculous it seems to me and how I feel this point won't go away until either Glyph or J is dead. It makes me want to push onto J for obvious because then people wouldn't have their flimsy townreads on J to hide behind if he flipped scum, and to be honest, I'm done waiting. I'm feeling super impatient and I just want this giant obstacle done with and I already have enough that I heavily dislike to just throw my arms up and give into my gut over literally trying to give him a lifeline.

Vote: J

This is who I want. This is what will help town the most. This is what will help me the most.

#HBC | ѕoup

Still dislike the people I mentioned but I will try my near hardest even if I have to drop a whole wall or case to get this slot lynched. I'm feeling convicted and while I trust Laundry, I especially want to see how he reacts.

@#HBC | J Fight me.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
I'm re-reading now, I admit I lost some motivation after I realized everyone let Glyph get away with a blatant lie for the reasons he attempted to kill a player. That sapped some out of me when I saw the thread change. Don't feel like anyone was willing to slap Laundy in the face for getting on his soapbox when the box was empty. Really upset I wasn't here for the start of the game, my own fault, but no I'm here and reading up now, will get up to date tonight.
mmm...there are some things I don't like about this post tbh. This really isn't the Maven I know who didn't get depressed over something like his thoughts mismatching thread sentiment and being away from the thread for a long time. I don't really buy your excuse and you've been a detriment to town with afkness so please help us out if you are town.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Okay Town isn't getting anywhere with tunneling me so let's put an end to this.
Vote: Zaixl
Don't WIFOM this. Don't hesitate. Hammer me and move on.
this vote is bad and you should feel bad
You moop

FullMetalLynch

His reads stink, his push on slick looks like dumb not a town slip. Even parts of that looked bad when it looks like discreting attempts with little substance.

One post in that exchange from his side I liked.

All of his reads have been one liners with little substance, then when I question him on them he claims I'm in a tunnel to push away presssure while proceeding to not go anywhere after I let him post on his own.

He takes the waffling he called out slyke on, the AtE stuff people do not like from J with the, "please do not look at me" and then with a pinch of spak issues with his vague and random reads.

He is scum.

Join me, and with our combined strength, we shall bring order to this town. When we bury Moosy.

End him.
This is fair, so do you think then that then he's just using Spak like a body block to keep people from reaching to him ? And if he is scum, do you think his opinion on the whole J vs Glyph bears any fruit ? Can Gylph v J be TvT in a situation like that ?

#HBC | ѕoup

Also, I will lynch Zaixl at deadline if I need to, but I'm gonna really try and pull this through even if I end up looking like an idiot for it.

FullMetalLynch

mmm…? Of course I liked your post because I liked it.

First of all, I really thought that SlickWylde was scum and didn’t know what an Innocent Child was which was both fortunate and unfortunate. It threw me off balance where I thought I found scum but also saved me from an early death tunnel. Also, SlickWylde’s post was very waffly where he made sure to fence-straddle in all of his reads which is what scum wants to do for easy mislynches. So saying that my brief albeit misguided questioning on him was bad is just wrong.

All of my reads have been one liners. ok. At least to you. Also - at least my reads aren’t made of false and fabricated material like yours as I’ll show below.

- Re-read that post. I’m not saying that you’re tunneling, I’m saying that I’m the one who’s about to begin my standard tunnel. And with that will come the reads that you so wish for.
- If you recall from our previous game as well, I started out prodding and questioning rather than posting gargantuan reads in D1. So saying that I’m doing nothing with one-liners is fairly narrow minded.
- I am gradually sharing my reads. Are you even reading my posts? Although I admit I still haven’t shared all that I want to.
- As I’ve clarified, I’m not scum reading Spak. Quite the opposite. I was just worried that he was being pocketed by Glyph and wanted him to reconsider how he was making his reads as I didn’t want him to fall so easily into a pocket. There would be literally zero scum motivation in telling him to be careful lol. I was also pointing out something illogical in how he was town reading both J and Glyph with no explanation.

hm…so how’d you come to misrepresent basically my entire play, mmm….?
Is Ryu SPECIFICALLY scummy for it though. Could he just misunderstand your perspective ?
If glyph is pocketing Spak, why does that necessarily absolve spak, what if he was letting a stronger scum mate use him ? Is town reading both so wrong though ? Does J vs Glyph HAVE to be TvS from your POV ?

Maven89

Smash Master
mmm...there are some things I don't like about this post tbh. This really isn't the Maven I know who didn't get depressed over something like his thoughts mismatching thread sentiment and being away from the thread for a long time. I don't really buy your excuse and you've been a detriment to town with afkness so please help us out if you are town.
It sucks when you really want to interact but are forced to view the game through a window, which is basically what catching-up is. Either way, hush now, I'm on page 12 now I'm almost done

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Okay, but we seriously need to know where you stand on people this close to deadline other than Glyph. I do agree that his argument based on meta and RVS is bull but you can't just focus on that.
Thug because:

His first post into the game was a horrible mechanical post that helps town in no way, read off like more of a justification to vote Glyph than a real reasoning behind it. He didn;t address Glyph specifically in that post, but talked about the ifs and explained dayvig roles, so we know it was a pressure vote either.

His #141 in reply to Soup is also bad, because he keeps talking about why what Glyph did was wrong, but it once again comes as justification for his vote, he hasn't addressed Glyph yet.

But he got better in his 282 when he actually goes against Glyph directly, his other post I disliked is his 341 when he came and ranted about people not voting, there are multiple reasons why people would not vote despite applying pressure to someone, especially considering it is early Day 1 in an closed set up game, so that post just sort of read to me like trying to generate filler content.

Glyph and Thug are my scum leans so far, but I am not confident on either yet.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Thug because:

His first post into the game was a horrible mechanical post that helps town in no way, read off like more of a justification to vote Glyph than a real reasoning behind it. He didn;t address Glyph specifically in that post, but talked about the ifs and explained dayvig roles, so we know it was a pressure vote either.

His #141 in reply to Soup is also bad, because he keeps talking about why what Glyph did was wrong, but it once again comes as justification for his vote, he hasn't addressed Glyph yet.

But he got better in his 282 when he actually goes against Glyph directly, his other post I disliked is his 341 when he came and ranted about people not voting, there are multiple reasons why people would not vote despite applying pressure to someone, especially considering it is early Day 1 in an closed set up game, so that post just sort of read to me like trying to generate filler content.

Glyph and Thug are my scum leans so far, but I am not confident on either yet.
? So you’re saying your top scumread is scumming your other top scumread? Are you trying to say they’re a Mafia team together or something else? Because I don’t understand how you can think they’re both Mafia when mal_thug was one of the early people to go at Glyph.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Is Ryu SPECIFICALLY scummy for it though. Could he just misunderstand your perspective ?
If glyph is pocketing Spak, why does that necessarily absolve spak, what if he was letting a stronger scum mate use him ? Is town reading both so wrong though ? Does J vs Glyph HAVE to be TvS from your POV ?
Spak is not town because of specific interactions with solely Glyph. Spak is town due to tone and meta, and how he consistently responds to each question or shade thrown at him.

I’m not saying that townreading both J and Glyph is wrong, but Spak doesn’t seem to have a reason for why he’s townreading them. On the other hand, there’s reasoning that shows Glyph is highly likely to be scum if J flips as town which I think is the case. I’m also trying to figure this out by asking Glyph to share what reasoning he has for tunneling on J so hard because i just don’t see it at all.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
? So you’re saying your top scumread is scumming your other top scumread? Are you trying to say they’re a Mafia team together or something else? Because I don’t understand how you can think they’re both Mafia when mal_thug was one of the early people to go at Glyph.
No, I am not looking at them with a "scumteam" perspective, I am looking at their posts and actions individually. Looking for connections too early is pointless to me, because we have no roles confirmed aside from slick, so worrying about whether people are in cahoots will most likely lead into wifom, not gonna pursue that right now, unless an interaction seems obviously fabricated.

FullMetalLynch

I have some questions for FullMetalLynch.

You asked for this and Ryu delivered. What are your thoughts about his push onto Moosy and what do you think about his reasoning?

This post felt a bit off to me. Was it serious or meant to be a joke?

Also, can you please somehow come up with a list that shows where your reads are at? This might be difficult with your fusion but it’s important to know where everyone stands around EoD.
it's enough. I wasa truthfully just giving Ryu the cattleprod because he needed it, my early feel on him was mostly due to my instincts pointing to him because he has a literally ongoing streak of doing nothing as mafia and just trying to coast and not doing anything to rock the boat which includes just throw things at the wall and see if they stick without backing them up, when he scum read you i def felt he was throwing names at teh wall but now that I see how he appraoched it, even if he did misunderstand you i don't think he made it up because thats too dumb for how safe ryu plays as mafia. Pretty ok with ryu now that he's showed he at least has a brain behind the push on you. I still disagree with him and think the push is misguided but that doesnt make him a bad dude at all. Liking him more now although I just wish he'd say something that wasn't "well I'd lynch " well so would anyone, like cmon.

FullMetalLynch

Reads list as requested:

Town:
Soup
Laundry
Glyph
Slick (free correct read aint i great)
Fando Mandango
FML

town lean:
Moosey

very light town lean:
Ryu

Null:
J
Mal thug

Scum / Wouldn't care if they died or Laundry tossed them in a dumpster fire:
SpaK
Zaixl
maven
Raz
Bardull

FullMetalLynch

Havent' liked bardull at all, am happy to see laundry agrees since that guys pretty cool, and almost as good looking as me.

FullMetalLynch

I would also probably lynch J, but only if you put a gun to my head or I literally had to, mostly because his slots been a trash can ever since Glyph shot him. me and orbo still haven't agreed about a single thing he's done

FullMetalLynch

Also J, i disliked you lumping raz in there because even though its fair it totally felt like you were setting yourself up later if we ended up lynching a v/la slot or one of the big kinda question mark slots so you could be like : Hey guys I know zaixl looks juicy, but what about this Raz guy over here

FullMetalLynch

Me and laundry already have a hydra. pretty sure he carried me through half the game we played.
Also reasonably sure we got nk'd

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Anyways, off to bed. Tag/quote me if you have any questions for me. See ya!

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Hm…I’m willing to compromise if necessary. On one hand I’m curious to see how Glyph’s role #2 turns out but on the other I’m pretty sure he’s scum and that he’s going to use it to kill a townie lol. Just know that if Glyph shoots J as he keeps on promising and he doesn’t provide good enough reasoning BEFOREHAND, I will make sure he dies on D2.

Anyway, if not enough people are willing to lynch Glyph I’ll look elsewhere for now although I definitely want to settle the Glyph/J situation by D2.

-sighs- At this point it kind of feels like I’m whining to myself, but his shot is so so scummy. He tried to kill someone who looks a strong townie right at the start of D1, never gave a good reason and instead tried to wave away the shot with meta and WIFOM. Now he’s refusing to elaborate on his #2 role when he already claims that he has it. In fact, Glyph’s relatively little fear of dying during night shows he’s probs Mafia as he knows he can’t die from a scum shot since he is part of scum. He’s also tunneling on J for little reason other than meta which is so bad. And that’s not even describing his push on Spak based on role fishing when he vaguely claimed the role without providing specifics and then dropped his Spak read when convenient.

/endrant

I might seriously make a last case for this because it’s ridiculous how people are reading him as town.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Yeah, I'm kinda starting to agree with Glyph being scummy... I thought about it a lot during programming and while I think the shot is null (feel free to disagree on that), his play since my first read list has been very cocky and slightly inactive. I'l l fully re-analyze the slot N1 and post my analysis on him early D2, but I still think Zaixl is a good lynch for today; I see little to no townie intent coming from his slot and his posts make very little logical sense.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Also, @Soup, you better provide better reasoning for your J vote other than "fight me!" Because that reasoning is frankly BS. Set down your case and points clearly and concisely, and then it'll be worth discussing your vote.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I've seriously disliked how people just kind of hard swallowed Glyph's explanation and even went so far as to push onto Fangadox who kept having suspicions on Glyph. There's little reason to accept his explanation.

If someone is a strong town player, then the rationale is not to dayvig them right off the bat without attempting to at least accrue one read on them. Doubly so as strong town players are often the target of early night kills or they will be a huge threat to have around, and not discounting how they're read later on into the game. I understand that Glyph had to use his ability D1 but using his ability in such a manner is unacceptable. The only reasonable explanation for using his shot like that is if he's Mafia taking the chance of killing a strong town player from the start and then trying to wave it off like he's doing now.
**** me with farm equipment this post is grody. If I finish reading and this man isn't being crucified we're gonna have a problem.

#HBC | ѕoup

Also, @Soup, you better provide better reasoning for your J vote other than "fight me!" Because that reasoning is frankly BS. Set down your case and points clearly and concisely, and then it'll be worth discussing your vote.
Read everything and anything I've said about J, including but not limited to the walls that I've shared with him.

Top Bottom