• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia Extend: Game Over - NYANCAT In Charge!

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I don't see the Moosy vote. I don't think Red Ryu is using bad logic, necessarily, but I just don't see enough for a vote.

Zaix responded very poorly to the pressure on him, and I don't like his posts since then. Like I said before, a part of me is worried that we're killing him too easily, without much resistance. But maybe we just got lucky and he's bad at lying.

I don't see any better votes at the moment. I can't in good conscience vote for Moosy, and I can't vote for Spak anymore, because I think he's done a good job in the last 5 pages.

I hate to flip flop like this, but I'm going to vote for him, and keep it there unless something really crazy happens.

Vote: Zaixl

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Moosey isn't posting substance and him not knowing he was an inno child is a dumb tell not a town tell. I find aspects of it scummy only because I do not see much purpose in his posts outside of the one I did say was better when talking to slyke.

2 of the 3 are, Moosey is not a PL, because I do not find super scummy aspects with other players play to the point of the players I want dead.

I vote Moosey because I find him to be worse when I did talk about him a lot, just because I talked to Spak a lot does not mean I should immediately find him the most scummy. I have a larger issue with the one liner this person is town or scum posts since I have nothing to judge it on and find his conclusions to be weak.

Spak I have some leeway and delving on. Moosey does not have the same aspect to him right now.

You're FoS is super weak and lame btw.
Remember how I was like "Ruy don't do scummy things and you won't waste my time"

You're starting to feel like a black hole at the moment. I can feel my time starting to sink into you, being affected by the mass of gravity.

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Yeah, I'm not really in the mafia mood today so I'll probably be back tomorrow hopefully, but I have work/date going on till the evening so I may just be back on thursday around this time. I'll have lots to repsond to then and there will be more stuff besides things centralizing around me/glyph shot.

I'll try and play like I hit the metaphorical reset button of my mind and come in with a re-read/notes/etc.

Till then gentlemen.

Okay, but you better come back and respond to all the discussions that were posted on this page and centered around you.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I don't want to commandeer the thread entirely, but my line of approach at this point in time is:

Raziek, FullMetal need to post more. Zaixl and Moosy deserve more focus.
Man I liked the giant wall before it but then you had to go ahead and destroy the popular options for two inactives and two patsies. Zaixl is vinyl 2.0 and i simply don't get the moosy hate

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EBWOP the sequel: wait you only tried to destroy the J wagon while still throwing mad digs at Glyph on the subtle side.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Wait, can someone clarify this for me: The only people that are leaning/thinking I am scum currently fall in the pile of Glyph/Laundry/Soup, correct?

If so, I have definitely been reading this game with thinking more people disliked me when it is literally just the old crowd.
The best part is that I don't even really hate you. You slip off my scumlist more than you're ever on it.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Okay, let me ask you something Spak. You've already stated that you dislike the reasoning behind Glyph's shot on J. If you think that J is town, then wouldn't there be little townie motivation behind such a shot? No matter how scared you are of a player, a day vig SHOULD hold their shot until they have more to go off of. With Glyph using his shot immediately, and on J who seems to be regarded as a very strong player, what motivation could there be besides Mafia?

If someone is a power player, then the rationale would be to wait and collect a read on them as they will be an incredible asset to town if they rolled that alignment. It would also become incredibly obvious if J is town, as Mafia would try to kill J more or less as soon as possible through night kills. So it would make little sense to waste a day shot on someone who can be incredibly useful to town and ESPECIALLY immediately into D1. I seriously do not think risking a kill on a town power player is worth getting out of RVS.

So thinking of the above, what is your read on Glyph? And what exactly made you change your read on him? You even went so far as to vote for him before.
This entire post is set up by one false dichotomy. Knowing that, it falls apart immediately. Vigs shoot townies all the time. Setting up Glyfe as scum just because he shot with complete gusto and hit a potential townie means jack**** about Glyfe's alignment.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I've seriously disliked how people just kind of hard swallowed Glyph's explanation and even went so far as to push onto Fangadox who kept having suspicions on Glyph. There's little reason to accept his explanation.

If someone is a strong town player, then the rationale is not to dayvig them right off the bat without attempting to at least accrue one read on them. Doubly so as strong town players are often the target of early night kills or they will be a huge threat to have around, and not discounting how they're read later on into the game. I understand that Glyph had to use his ability D1 but using his ability in such a manner is unacceptable. The only reasonable explanation for using his shot like that is if he's Mafia taking the chance of killing a strong town player from the start and then trying to wave it off like he's doing now.
narrow-minded

Hmm. Not a bad point. I'll be thinking about this.
wrong

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Question going through my head constantly:

Is Zaixl really scum? Like really really?

Like so much doubt is in my mind mainly surrounding I cannot fathom some responses coming from a scummy PoV mainly of a person just out of the loop due to being so green.

@BarDulL talk to me about FML, they are a slot I want to have a turn talking toDay more before finalizing a lynch. I liked the exchange they had between them and soup, but cautious because Rake is someone that is harder for me to read due to masking of intentions. I'd also like a hammered down opinion on Glyph/Soup. Mainly the latter if you had to chose one to go more into.
J dips thread in the middle of heated discussion around him because of [emotions], comes back and dodges all the threads he left hanging.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
That vote count is so scarce....like half of the player list is not voting and I really am hoping that we don't have a pile on wagon at the end of D1 because those hurt town a lot in the long run.

And let evil scummers like myself live forever in games. #RevivalMafia #TonsOfOtherPeople
Can I get an actual readlist from you? At least that top-5 "would not mind dying" list and the couple of people you actually want to lynch? I've got a pretty good bead on you but I want that down on paper for the rest of town to see without having to dig through your posts to find all the names. Don't regurgitate the "lists help scum" counter-argument, I don't care about that.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Also, I feel slightly ironic everytime I read our hydra name because it looks like "orbok" "No win" which is kinda what happens cause we always die. Lets buck the trend DGames. #FML for Late Game #NO Overswarm The Wall Repeats
****in' ****posting better than I ever could, ty FML

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Oh right. Keep forgetting about Slyck. Sorry. Alright then Glyph, why should we keep you alive? You have a dubious claim on your D2 PR and it seems kind of convenient you have a confirmed town blocking NK on you- so you don't have a reason to elaborate on said PR. Not calling you scum yet but definitely willing to watch you burn.

Vote: DtJ Glyphmoney
the **** is this ****

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
narrow-minded

wrong

This kind of post is hard to respond to, because I don't remember what the context is that you're quoting me on. Did I say that in response to Moosy's post in the same post you quoted me in? If I'm wrong, I want to know WHY I'm wrong. I'm very open to being showed how I'm wrong.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Reads post then I'm out.

J - Alright. So I've been holding back a little on this slot myself and I have probably talked to death about it too. I generally think J is someone to keep an eye instead of someone who we should be lynching toDay. I'm not sure why he thought I was saying 'kill J right now he's scum' because if he took a moment to slow down he would've saw that I was just playing devil's advocate and I was mostly focusing a hell of lot more on Spak. A lot of my read really is because of that really, and how J was treating Spak. I've stated many times that I don't think they're a team and I'll state it again. I've gone over this slot so much that I'm getting sick of it and I've had enough of J being all passive-aggressive with me too as either alignment. You can't throw things at me, say you dislike my slot, then go back on your word and say 'well it's soup so I'm being really cautious and I don't want to pressure him!!' Bull****. I really hope he fixes whatever the hell he's doing for my sake and the rest of the game. I think J is overall null scum, someone who I don't quite lean in as town but not someone who I wanted lynched today. I think there is chance for redemption in his slot.
I'm gonna talk about this one as well as it hit me while reading it. That J/Spak aren't aligned angle is such horse**** because the way they interacted is exactly like two nervous scummates not sure how to interact without blowing each other up. Just go back and look at it, Spak walks in with this wonky ass read on J and J doesn't know how to handle it whatsoever. I think if one's scum, the other definitely is. I just don't think either are scum.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
This kind of post is hard to respond to, because I don't remember what the context is that you're quoting me on. Did I say that in response to Moosy's post in the same post you quoted me in? If I'm wrong, I want to know WHY I'm wrong. I'm very open to being showed how I'm wrong.
You followed some narrow-minded logic. Saying that because Glyfe angled to shoot a townie that early into the game means he's likely scum is some black and white false dichotomy that simply isn't true and you reconsidering him on that angle is not the correct method.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Oh good, I found the Maven pushes. I'll come back to that one because my big summary post is centered around that.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
You followed some narrow-minded logic. Saying that because Glyfe angled to shoot a townie that early into the game means he's likely scum is some black and white false dichotomy that simply isn't true and you reconsidering him on that angle is not the correct method.

Okay, got it.

I like your pressuring of multiple people at the same time. What's your top 5 list?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Spak, you literally just gave the reasoning behind Glyph posting in the thread. As someone else pointed out earlier in the thread, it’s actually more of a scum-oriented role if he didn’t necessarily need to post about it. Also, if Glyph didn’t post that he was going to shoot, then J surviving the shot (like he did here) would have screwed him over and most likely had him killed. If he DOES post (which he did), he can make up some crap about being scared of J which doesn’t make sense anyway if you actually think about it. If these people know each other so well, do you seriously think they’ll let the people they’ve played with countless times live? Obviously not. They’ll kill the strong townies that know them well and then work on convincing us newbies ASAP. On the other hand, they should also know the capabilities of each other and it makes more sense from a scum perspective to kill the strong townies which Glyph tried to do here.

Also, I’m not talking about town reading J that early in the thread, I’m saying that you townreading J should put some doubt on Glyph in your mind. Do you seriously think Glyph would take such an irrational and early action like that and they both turn out to be town?

Also, another thing for you to think about, but do you seriously not suspect how Glyph immediately just dropped his push onto you and chased someone else? Seeing as how you didn’t mention it, you’re probably shading your reads a lot based on who’s scum reading you and who’s not. Looking at the way you replied to my post, you’re already defensive because you probably thought I was pushing on you. Rest assured, I was actually thinking you’re town and was just noting an observation. Just be careful Spak. Part of playing Mafia is to be masochistic and enjoy people scum reading you just to see how they change those reads later on. And in this case, Glyph’s sudden switch off of you is something to be suspicious of, not interpreted as “willing to change his reads”. Because there is a scummy motivation behind changing reads too. So you might want to re-evaluate exactly how valid your read change is too.
Took a longer post for me to feel your approach was better, try a bit harder Moosy pls

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Okay, got it.

I like your pressuring of multiple people at the same time. What's your top 5 list?
Working around to it, lemme finish catching up. Overall not completely proud of where it's at but I feel the directions are better than what's visible in thread.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Not responding to the shot argument stuff because I don't really care and have addressed it already.

Reason I'm not worried about being lynched is because my lynch doesn't matter. My slot doesn't need to make it to endgame to win. Ez pz.
the **** is this **** glyfe pls

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
(Also, SlickWylde SlickWylde the yellow (or Orange, I can't tell) arrow next to the said: brings you back to the original quoted post).

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
This entire post is set up by one false dichotomy. Knowing that, it falls apart immediately. Vigs shoot townies all the time. Setting up Glyfe as scum just because he shot with complete gusto and hit a potential townie means jack**** about Glyfe's alignment.

How is it false? Out of their interaction J looks to be townie. The only strange thing from J was where he threw early shade at players in that big post of his but that was mainly because everyone was going at him for no particular reason other than "it's J".

Also, there's little town motivation behind Glyph's shot when you think about other than Mafia attempting to kill a strong townie right off the bat and who's easily WIFOM-able through meta.

Perhaps it's because you all have prior meta experience with J that makes him so dangerous in your eyes but there's no real rationale behind Glyph's shot.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You bet your *** I would
glyfe wtf are you doing

Okay, talk to me at length here. Why are you so sure J is scum? You never told me if you could answer my question or not (if you did, I missed it), but the gusto for the situation does not at all feel warranted for the situation in thread. It seems very convenient that the guy you shot conveniently ends up being the guy you're willing to bury yourself for, but I can't tell if it's just you going full on gangbustas or if you're just desperate scum at this point. Give me more.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
How is it false? Out of their interaction J looks to be townie. The only strange thing from J was where he threw early shade at players in that big post of his but that was mainly because everyone was going at him for no particular reason other than "it's J".

Also, there's little town motivation behind Glyph's shot when you think about other than Mafia attempting to kill a strong townie right off the bat and who's easily WIFOM-able through meta.

Perhaps it's because you all have prior meta experience with J that makes him so dangerous in your eyes but there's no real rationale behind Glyph's shot.
Because vigs shoot townies all the time. I've also personally witnessed a game where a town dayvig shot a guy an hour into the game just because he could (hilariously one with an inno child as well), but I'm not factoring that too much in here. What I am factoring in is that townies have a high chance to be ********. You saying "yeh mafia wants to shoot a strong townie off the back" means little. Of course they do, but vigs also shoot townies simply due to being wrong, and there is a very high chance of that occurring here (in fact, Glyfe went to extreme measures to further increase his chances of that). J is, in recent history anyway, a player that loves to hide, make his intentions very scarcely known, and tries to pass himself right into D2 so he can abuse the paper trails to his advantage regardless of his alignment. Providing that Glyfe knows that (which I think he does), him shooting J makes a good chunk of sense. There's also weird personal history going on that I'm not fully knowledgeable of. You're looking at the rawest action of it all, which is fine, but not considering the context because you can't possibly know it. That's understandable, but it is a very black-and-white approach.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719

Also, riddle me this, what swapped between you saying Glyfe is town and now?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It was a roundabout way to say I don't like your targets, but they're pretty consistent with the rest of the game at the moment so ****all if I hate you specifically for it.

Lame I wanted to fight you on this, with fisty cuffs, and battle bunny Rivens, and drinks!

jk.

But overall I want to focus on the people outside commenting on the J v Glyph stuff since I think it is a black hole of nothing with the two going at it at times.

Spak/Moosy/Zaixl is the area worth our time or others whom are more sidelined on this.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Which brings me to my latest point cleanly:

I don't like any of the directions left in this thread and if we dogpile an inactive due to it I'm not gonna be happy.

Look at the common sentiments right now:
-Ryu is scummy for pushing Moosy
-Ryu thinks Moosy is scum for one-liners and other vague **** I dunno Ruy never is succinct in his accusations
-Zaixl (again, Vinyl 2.0) is the biggest bandwagon now and despite his weird and wonky approachs to J and Glyfe, that slot is a coinflip at best on what he flips
-Weird rumblings about J which may mostly be limited to Glyfe now and he's starting to sound like Murderbush from Sleepover
-A ****ton of mild to strong anti-Glyfe sentiment from most of the cast
-Weird rumblings of Soup, which even I'm guilty of, due to his flakiness and his tendencies to handwave things as both good and bad and leave ultimately pointless posts about subjects at times
-Spak **** which I literally do not understand how he is different than any other game he's been in

I have a bunch of vague **** which on paper looks scummy individually at best but never trumps out the "town could be doing this" answers I have in the back of my head. Let me go over the list again:

-Ruy is scummy for pushing Moosy but that read feels weak as **** because this is so typical for Ruy that he's not individually scummy. Even better, he's actually going hard in the paint for a slot he finds scum. I've seen Ruy as scum overextend for a slot--that's not happening here. His targets are weak but that's mostly typical for Ruy. He could be scum but overall I don't see any reason thus far to think that he is.

-Moosy is scummy is just in general weak. Yes, he needs to extrapolate more on his points but that's a weak point to lynch someone on, especially when he does express himself whenever necessary. It feels very Nabe-esque but without Nabe's nefarious chuckling that goes on behind the screen whenever Nabe rolls scum.

-Zaixl is Vinyl 2.0, again. He could actually be scum but you'll never get me to believe it. He could be town and you couldn't get me to believe that either. I'd love to be rid of him but at the same time his lynch feels like a waste of time and I'd rather just leave him until later and let D1 focus on a slot that could provide better directions for tomorrow. PRs go a long way in solving a slot like this.

-J is scum because of his weird actions in thread but a lot of that can be explained by being thrown out of his comfort zone and Glyfe's shot directly investing him in the game. His claim for his bogus D1 play (deal m8) is generally that he won't interact until something interests him. I guess being targeted by a Dayvig in 3 pages goes a long way in getting around that. Yeh, he has some weird **** in thread but most people at this point do. I don't find his general mentality scummy and most people at this point seem to agree with that perspective, though this weird cold war between he and Soup needs to escalate or be dropped.

-Weird rumblings of Soup, which may be accurate but nobody will ever dig further at the slot, due to fears of Soup exploding. I hate J's approach to it but it's very much J so I can't fault him for it.

-I literally don't understand the Spak is scum read. Someone should give me a quick hit on it because everything I've seen has not struck me as particularly nefarious, just goofy in general.

None of these options feel good or right. We lynch Spak, we get a read on J and that's it. We lynch J and we get reads on half the game but he feels more likely to flip town so is it really helpful? The best or strongest reads you get is Soup/Glyfe/me. We lynch Moosy, Zaixl, or Ruy and we're right back where we started with a night of actions to decipher on top of the same ol' question marks and Glyfe's inevitable D2 action, providing he isn't somehow compromised during the night. All of these directions feel like ass and none of the players are individually scummy enough for me to say that they're worth my time to lynch. Now let's talk about Glyfe.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I don't think Glyfe is scum for very obvious reasons.

Most people won't step back from the thread and see them, though. It's not something that's overtly obvious, but I'll start with this:

Count how many people in the thread actually like Glyfe or think he's town. The correct answer should be something along the lines of 2-4 people. I know two of them (myself and Soup), I think J may be another but he also wouldn't mind if Glyfe died. I can't think of anyone beyond that.

That means out of 14 people, at least 10 think he's scummy, a detriment, or should be removed ASAP. Ever since his claim, there's been so much doubt and suspicion thrown at his slot from a variety of angles that I can't imagine him to be scum because of it. I wish I could outright say scum's the one continually tearing him down but it's physically impossible for that to be the case--there's too many slots that hate him.

Even beyond that, though, look at his claim in tandem to a bunch of other things. You know he has a targeted role that activates on the answer to a question. The only other possibility is that he and J could be bull****ting all of this and simply be in a neighborhood or masonry or mafia but that is so far likely that I cannot possibly imagine that to be the case. It is possible for him to be not town, but given his position in thread, he's not mafia. The mafia have to be among the slots dogpiling him as I am not mafia and I strongly believe J is not either. Slick, who also says he thinks Glyfe's town, is confirmed town as well. He could be indy, but I doubt it. Ryker's the type of guy to put two indies in his game (I assume that abductor that the mod revealed earlier in the phase is an indy as of this moment), but I would never operate on that logic until I see actual reason to believe as much, so that angle doesn't hold much water to me right now. The only conclusive result I have left is Glyfe is a dumb-as-**** townie who made a play that he thought would do something without considering the consequences to his actions.

What that means to me is the slots dogpiling him are the ones that hold the scum. It's actually somewhat easy to sift through them and find the scummier members as compared to the townie ones, too. I'll get to that in my next post.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
****. I had this long thing posted about how some slots had a good approach but some didn't and then I went back and fact-checked one and felt that I was completely wrong. I still have to make a point about his approach but I'll return to it in a second.

I'll just give you the shorthand on the other one:

I don't like how Maven is coming in here pages after the others and claiming that Glyfe is scummy, we should've lynched him ages ago, and that we're all *******. I guarantee you that is how his reread is going to end and I hate it so incredibly. To me, that is the very definition of a scum overextension for a slot that they want to lynch for whatever reason (I don't know why they would but that's how it reads, probably so they don't have to deal with whatever his D2 ability is while also having a shot at the Inno Child or some other more threatening player than Glyfe would be my guess). Seeing him coming in here and ignoring 90% of the thread's postings to talk about Glyfe and rant at us from the past strikes me the wrong way.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I've kind of fallen behind the thread, so I'd like to let you guys know what page I'm on. Here's my current thoughts on this game's slots:

Slickwilde: Mod confirmed town. I have no regard for his play right now. Like, I want somebody I can trust to lead pushes and give opinions, but so far he's been confused, then just sheeped other people's opinions. Zaixl needs to go sooner than later if this is how he plays, but in the meantime we need information. Slick is not leading us to that information. I'd almost hope that he eats the nk rather than a different likely town player, but his death in the night wouldn't give us any information. So instead I hope he starts posting stronger tomorrow after he has more to go off of.

Fandangox: Has he done anything recently? All I can recall is him echoing my opinion about the dayvig, but he hasn't dropped it to move onto anything else? I had him all the way up here in the town section because I felt myself agreeing with the things he said and he wasn't getting involved in petty fights, but his posting really dropped off and he hasn't pushed anything, and his recent stuff has just been more obsession with the dayvig. Like, I appreciate that people agree with me that Glyph's action was hella scummy, but Glyph's stuff in the middle of the thread was really really good. So I'm not sure if Fandangox is wrong!town, scum trying to take advantage of the early Glyph doubt to get a PR lynched today, or whether my change of opinion was a little premature. I think that either way, he falls down to south of sleb, and I'll review him later. Probably not a lynch candidate today unless something really jumps out at me.

Maven: Similar situation to Fandangox. Had him very towny because I felt like his opinions were synching with mine, but his posting fell way off. He's recently starting going through the thread again, and has started attacking Glyph in a big way. His continued attention to Glyph feels a lot more genuine than Fandangox's though? Like, if one of the two of them is trying to coast on town vs town fights, its definitely Fandangox and not him. His stuff makes me feel less sure on Glyph, but not by a lot. He kind of feels town, but only a lean. I'll have to see how his continued pressure goes.

Glyph: He was looking really good in the middle of the thread where it felt like he was the only person pushing town forward, but his tunnel on J is way less good (though I think it has something to it? Note: definitely look into this). Like, really? You'd kill yourself to kill J? That's way too sure of a read this early, especially a read that's developed from you aggroing him right out the gate. I think that he's one of the player's that I'm really solid town on though. I just have some niggling doubts about the dayvig thing. His response to recent stuff from Maven of "We've already been over this so I'm ignoring it" is a very null response though. Town wants to move on and not waste time defending, scum wants sweep their earlier scummy actions under the rug. Honestly, I'd like to see how he'd reach out to specific players to actually build a J wagon, rather than just insisting that he's right.

Soup: I initially thought that Soup's hard defend on Glyph right out of the gates was kind of scummy because it felt like it was saying "Nothing to see here, move along" at a point in the thread where there was something to see there. Him dismissing my mechanics wallpost as me being a "loon" was equally baffling, but since I've reconsidered Glyph, he's looked better on those fronts. His pressure on Spak, despite a couple gaps, felt genuine to me and he was definitely producing content for the thread at several times when nobody else was. That said, I can't really remember anything he's done recently besides beg the thread to not move quite so fast so the inactives have time to catch up. As one of those inactives, I don't really appreciate that thought. Sure, the thread is this moving wall of text, but it being that is way better than it being dead. Slight town lean.

FML: He's been around the thread, and engaging in a way that doesn't raise any red flags to me. His pushes have been kind of weak, but that's an accusation that could be leveled at half the playerbase at the moment. Gut says slight town lean, but I'm a player that likes to go off more than that. Probably the kind of slot that I can get a better read on if I bounce some questions about the gamestate off them

BarDuIL: Wow, an actual town player. I wish he had participated in the thread sooner than he had. Scum don't go out of there way to try to break up fights, especially fights between strong players that are dominating discussion. Like, the only way I see his current stuff as scummy is if he's buddies with J. But that really doesn't make sense either, because he really didn't need to make a stink in the thread to keep J from getting lynched, because looking at votals, J has /never/ gathered enough pressure toDay to be under threat of getting lynched. His targets seem "easy" , but that's only because town really does need to force those slots to do something toDay. Letting scum coast and not generate interactions is the easiest way to lose the game later, and letting town lurk just lets scum bank on later mislynches.

Laundry: I'm not really sure how to approach this slot. I like the forcefulness of their pushes, which is sadly missing from most of the rest of the game, and their quote walls feel like legit scumhunting. But I also get the feeling that they're the kind of player that plays the same regardless of alignment, and I hate their involvement in the long cat fight about meta. Regardless, way too useful to even consider lynching today. Town lean for now.

Red Ryu: Feels like the bargain bin combination of Laundry and BarDuiL. He's put a lot of words in the thread, but I can't really think of anything the slot's down that's unique to it besides the minor push on Moosy, which is deserved but not going anywhere so far. Several other players have said that this feels like scumRyu for the lack of effort, and I'm not inclined to disagree. Slight scum.

J: I'm going to admit, I'm having a hard time following both sides of the argument around J because its so mired in both the whole dayvig thing, and site meta I know nothing about. I do absolutely hate his continued AtE though, and the way that everything he talks about seems to come back to him. At a couple points, I felt like he was doing some legit scumhunting, but his followup has been atrocious. I'm willing to cut him some slack for IRL, but I'd rather he didn't keep bringing it up in the thread. Like, let your posting frequency stand by itself, there's no reason to keep reminding us that you have out of thread reasons to not post. That just looks guilty. All of the rest of us have out of thread reasons to not post either.

Spak: I hate to rate somebody that got caught in a defensive death spiral early so low on my wall, but his opinions mostly suck. For how much he's posted in the thread, he has a suprisingly low number of interactions with players not named J and Soup, and he's been way more worried about how his posting looks than in what his posting accomplishes. I also really didn't like his reason for townreading me in his wall post, because it felt like he was just trying to appease me after I pressured him for a vote and he put it somewhere easy.

Moosy: I think that the unifying theme for Moosy's posts is "Didn't feel like any critical thought went into this". He randomly shares reads with no backup, as if to be able to point to them later and say "See! I was sharing reads, and that makes me a town player with a consistent worldview". His opinion on Glyph is also stuck in the beginning of the thread, and isn't considering anything later, but he didn't really strongly give that opinion early, so it feels like he's trying to take advantage of other people's arguments and the mood of the thread. Especially since he's one of the actually viable lynch candidates, and getting another viable wagon in case attention turns on him would be pretty important. Maybe his current push will give me more to think about.

Zaixl: Comes off as a complete new player. The wagon on him has built up way faster than I'm comfortable with, and the fact that there isn't really a viable alternative either means that scum are happy with the gamestate (Zaixl is town, most of the wagon is town), that scum have tried to change the gamestate and failed (Zaixl is scum, most of the wagon is town, one of the failed counterswagons is scum on town), or that scum have abandoned him (Zaixl is scum, part of the wagon is bussing). So far, I'm leaning towards either option 1 or option 3. I don't want to abandon pressure on somebody that's failed to even remotely either defend himself -OR- try to spend the end of his life getting useful things done for town, but we really do need two viable wagons for co-alignment info. Hmm . . .

Raziek: Policy Lynch. Would really like to see this slot replaced.

This puts me at:

-Town-
SlickWylde

BarDuIL
Glyph

Laundry
Soup

FML
Maven
-Null-
Fandangox
Red Ryu

J
Spak

Moosy
Zaixl
-Scum-
Raziek
-Pls Replace-

And the current votal, because I like looking at it more often than the mods post it:
J (1): DtJGlyphmoney (#296)
MoosyDoosy (1): RedRyu (#403)
DtJGlyphmoney (2): Zaixl (#488), MoosyDoosy (#552)
Zaixl (6): J (#266), mallorean_thug (#300), BarDuIL (#349), Spak (#357), FullMetalLynch (#494), SlickWylde (#561)

Abstaining (5): Maven, Raziek, Fandangox, Laundry, Soup

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
The other one I don't like is Bardull. There's a very similar (and very bad for Bardull) comparison to Ruy here in that neither of them are down for the Glyfe vs J thing but both somehow end up on the exact same lynch pool. Where I don't fault Ruy for it because it's a very Ruy thing to do, I don't like how Bardull does his damnedest to shut down the Glyfe vs J discussion but then direct it to other useless slots for one reason: he clearly dislikes Soup. He refuses to put it to voice for whatever reason and I don't like how he holds Soup at arm's length to prioritize a guy that's clearly outmatched and a guy that simply doesn't expand his points unless necessary when he thinks his Soup read is right to the point that he's questioning me for ditching it as early as I did. It seems like he wants that wagon to kickstart but doesn't want to be responsible for it and for that reason, I'd like to lynch Bardull today. His play definitely reads of that grody background manipulator right now, moreso than most other posters, and I'd like that addressed.

vote: bardull

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
mallorean_thug mallorean_thug

there's a slot that also completely slipped my mind. Talk to me about my train of thought, do you think it's flawed? I can see some sentiment but nothing that's in complete frequency to mine. I want to hear more from you about the thread state beyond the reads. Can you do that for me?

Top Bottom