• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia Extend: Game Over - NYANCAT In Charge!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm mildly appalled by that post and will refrain from saying things not really game associated, but....

Really?

I may have a bone to pick with ya'll later.
Jay!!!

Please my post at you before, unless you still busy with your teacher thing in which case ignore me til ya get back.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Can we not lynch Glyph or J today or rather put everything on them?

Like I'm all for looking into intent and what not but come on, let's not make it the Glyph and J adventure time show.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Spak, you literally just gave the reasoning behind Glyph posting in the thread. As someone else pointed out earlier in the thread, it’s actually more of a scum-oriented role if he didn’t necessarily need to post about it. Also, if Glyph didn’t post that he was going to shoot, then J surviving the shot (like he did here) would have screwed him over and most likely had him killed. If he DOES post (which he did), he can make up some crap about being scared of J which doesn’t make sense anyway if you actually think about it. If these people know each other so well, do you seriously think they’ll let the people they’ve played with countless times live? Obviously not. They’ll kill the strong townies that know them well and then work on convincing us newbies ASAP. On the other hand, they should also know the capabilities of each other and it makes more sense from a scum perspective to kill the strong townies which Glyph tried to do here.
Unless J wasn't told who he was being dayvig'd by, in which case there would be literally no mafia advantages to posting it in the thread (unless he knew someone would mention this point, which is some meta WIFOM garbage that I won't get into). I'm currently wondering if he actually had to post it in-thread, though... I mean, he told us as a side-note, but there's no possible way for us to know if he's telling the truth.

Also, I’m not talking about town reading J that early in the thread, I’m saying that you townreading J should put some doubt on Glyph in your mind. Do you seriously think Glyph would take such an irrational and early action like that and they both turn out to be town?
And here comes the unfortunate part: I actually haven't looked too deep into the interactions between J and Glyph. I'm planning to do that N1 with the comprehensive re-read, but obviously we're still in D1.

Also, another thing for you to think about, but do you seriously not suspect how Glyph immediately just dropped his push onto you and chased someone else? Seeing as how you didn’t mention it, you’re probably shading your reads a lot based on who’s scum reading you and who’s not. Looking at the way you replied to my post, you’re already defensive because you probably thought I was pushing on you. Rest assured, I was actually thinking you’re town and was just noting an observation. Just be careful Spak. Part of playing Mafia is to be masochistic and enjoy people scum reading you just to see how they change those reads later on. And in this case, Glyph’s sudden switch off of you is something to be suspicious of, not interpreted as “willing to change his reads”. Because there is a scummy motivation behind changing reads too. So you might want to re-evaluate exactly how valid your read change is too.
Fair enough. I wanted to stay away from Glyph for a while to cool down, and saw a couple things he could have interpreted as scummy from my slot when I went back and re-read. His sudden change of push is a bit odd now that you mention it, but until I look back at the J Glyph interaction, my Glyph town lean will remain largely the same (albeit slightly weakened). Also, I wasn't trying to be defensive in that post; I was trying to give reasoning that would give Glyph a fair chance with the info he had given us (which can't be proven to be true or false). I apologize if I came across in a overly-defensive manner.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Oh right. Keep forgetting about Slyck. Sorry. Alright then Glyph, why should we keep you alive? You have a dubious claim on your D2 PR and it seems kind of convenient you have a confirmed town blocking NK on you- so you don't have a reason to elaborate on said PR. Not calling you scum yet but definitely willing to watch you burn.

Vote: DtJ Glyphmoney
Going ditto with Orbo on the low hanging fruit with this vote btw.

Pressure or not I do not like it.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Was my understanding that neither of them were actually in any real danger of being lynched

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Brewyu's in town.

Oh boy oh boy. I love this time of the game.

--------

I don't think Glyph or Myself are going to be lynched toDay honestly. However, I do find the cockiness of his read on me to be unsettling because he is just tunneling at this point.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I think toDay's lynch will end up being between Sparky/Zaixl and if anything drastic is claimed, a dogpile onto Raz has my full support.

That's just from state of the thread.

FullMetalLynch

What made you pick raz out of all the names?
Like theres no way 15 of us are actively talking.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Most inactive slot and if we have to dogpile a slot out of here due to PR shenanigans or deadline stuff, Raz makes the most logical sense, no?

Do you have an alternative to that?

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm mildly appalled by that post and will refrain from saying things not really game associated, but....

Really?

I may have a bone to pick with ya'll later.
Is this J saying I'm ********? I really can't make sense on if he's trying to insult me or not

You're more then welcome to, btw.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh nonononono not at all.

That was directed at FML for the "convert lesbians" post that makes my out of game self skin crawl.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Brewyu's in town.

Oh boy oh boy. I love this time of the game.

--------

I don't think Glyph or Myself are going to be lynched toDay honestly. However, I do find the cockiness of his read on me to be unsettling because he is just tunneling at this point.
No he's not.

Unless today is a Friday.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh, I also never use the "r" word because I find that word really offensive and oppressive to that community. And, I wouldn't say something like that to you Maven haha, do you remember my shoutout to you in the end of Banjo?

I need to stop getting on my soapbox of my morals/ethics. It's just after that teacher conference and a bunch of teachers just being completely rude towards certain students makes my blood boil.

FullMetalLynch

Woah woah woah woah, most logical. I'm not letting that fly. Most logical sounds like another way of saying: path of least resistance

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Raziek won't even give the chance to defend himself if the rate of the thread keeps inflating and the sheer volume of posts will quite literally collapse underneath him.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I don't get the understanding but maybe it's the way I'm wording it?

Raz has literally done nothing this game and yeah it is the path of least resistance especially if we are at the edge of deadline and not very many players are here.

???

#HBC | ѕoup

What happened to the re-read J? I'm still looking forward to that if you didn't catch my readspost.

#HBC | ѕoup

Not responding to the shot argument stuff because I don't really care and have addressed it already.

Reason I'm not worried about being lynched is because my lynch doesn't matter. My slot doesn't need to make it to endgame to win. Ez pz.
Dayvig Independent Self-Martyr Jester, I presume?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I did catch your reads post, but I mainly typing in here to distract me from grading. Midterms kill teachers just as much as students. ;_;

I sound like such a bad teacher today haha. I promise I will have my re-read complete tomorrow/early morning thursday. I just want to be in the right mindset.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
not until I can figure out where you're at. I'm trying to give you BoTD but that Moosey scum read really rubs me the wrong way. Can you give me like, one line why you think he's scummy over dummy
His reads stink, his push on slick looks like dumb not a town slip. Even parts of that looked bad when it looks like discreting attempts with little substance.

One post in that exchange from his side I liked.

All of his reads have been one liners with little substance, then when I question him on them he claims I'm in a tunnel to push away presssure while proceeding to not go anywhere after I let him post on his own.

He takes the waffling he called out slyke on, the AtE stuff people do not like from J with the, "please do not look at me" and then with a pinch of spak issues with his vague and random reads.

He is scum.

Join me, and with our combined strength, we shall bring order to this town. When we bury Moosy.

End him.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm not letting a day 1 do nothing player who roles mafia get away with it again, *glares at J* that is why Raz is on my hit list.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Why did Moosy just like the post where I explain why I think he is scum?
mmm…? Of course I liked your post because I liked it.

First of all, I really thought that SlickWylde was scum and didn’t know what an Innocent Child was which was both fortunate and unfortunate. It threw me off balance where I thought I found scum but also saved me from an early death tunnel. Also, SlickWylde’s post was very waffly where he made sure to fence-straddle in all of his reads which is what scum wants to do for easy mislynches. So saying that my brief albeit misguided questioning on him was bad is just wrong.

All of my reads have been one liners. ok. At least to you. Also - at least my reads aren’t made of false and fabricated material like yours as I’ll show below.

- Re-read that post. I’m not saying that you’re tunneling, I’m saying that I’m the one who’s about to begin my standard tunnel. And with that will come the reads that you so wish for.
- If you recall from our previous game as well, I started out prodding and questioning rather than posting gargantuan reads in D1. So saying that I’m doing nothing with one-liners is fairly narrow minded.
- I am gradually sharing my reads. Are you even reading my posts? Although I admit I still haven’t shared all that I want to.
- As I’ve clarified, I’m not scum reading Spak. Quite the opposite. I was just worried that he was being pocketed by Glyph and wanted him to reconsider how he was making his reads as I didn’t want him to fall so easily into a pocket. There would be literally zero scum motivation in telling him to be careful lol. I was also pointing out something illogical in how he was town reading both J and Glyph with no explanation.

hm…so how’d you come to misrepresent basically my entire play, mmm….?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Okay, I don’t see how Glyph’s post comes from any other perspective than anti-town. Perhaps you’d be a bit more willing to share if you had a bit more votes on you.

Vote: DtG Glyphmoney

Don’t think you’re off the hook though Red Ryu. That was a seriously gross misinterpretation of my play where basically every point you tried to make was false.

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Personally I think the Moosy vote is dumb misguided. Ryu's evidence doesn't speak to a scum player, it speaks to an inexperienced one. Imo.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Personally I think the Moosy vote is dumb misguided. Ryu's evidence doesn't speak to a scum player, it speaks to an inexperienced one. Imo.
Except Ryu's been playing Mafia on this site for YEARS, so inexperience isn't a valid reason.

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
No no no, his evidence speaks to Moosy being inexperienced. Pronoun problems.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
No no no, his evidence speaks to Moosy being inexperienced. Pronoun problems.
Oh, I thought you meant Moosy's vote on Glyph is misguided and Ryu's evidence points to him as an inexperienced player. My B.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
We're in complete opposite then. I think the better solution is Spak>J with the variable being that I feel there's scum in there but they're not necessarily aligned. What prioritizes J over Spak despite your reception of him being lukewarm?
What prioritizes Spak over J? You assume they're not aligned but why assume Spak is scummy for some weird shenanigans with J while J is more likely to be town despite weird interactions with the whole game? Your answer came in the form of a question.

I actually took J's response more like a wounded animal baring their claws to try and fend people off whilst in their most vulnerable position. I'm sure there's some other chalked up metaphorical crap I could come up with but I've been trying my damn near hardest to give J some room to breathe because even if he is scum, he's just going to feign this to get out of responding to people. I do it all the time as scum which might be dirty but definitely works.
Sure, but I don't see any maliciousness in his play, not nearly as nefarious as, say, Revival, where he had wonky targets but it was very obviously for the sake of degrading them so as to either allow a shot or get them lynched later on (bonus points due to the fact that scum had a poison as a kill). It easily explained a lot of his actions. Here, he's doing something similar, but it doesn't explain the hesitation on your own slot. It doesn't explain the weird interactions with Spak. It would explain exactly what he's doing with myself and Glyfe but it doesn't feel exactly the same--the motivation for it just isn't there. He's not playing to his usual meta (which I think he'd ride hardcore in his position), he's actually trying to work with resident bitchposters like me, and I think he's genuinely trying to find the scum in the game through his tinted logic. His wall was bad, very bad, but I think that's one horrible post out of an entire sea of them as of this point.

I mean, you are trying to ruffle my feathers because players like yourself/Laundry get a kick out of trolling me so...?
man i get what i did to get this type of reaction but you gotta let me go. don't tell me to stop singling you out and then continue to single me out for singling you out cause that's some backhanded **** :glare:

:186:

Top Bottom