• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BlazBlue Continuum Shift II Tournament - Deadline for matches: 02/03.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
BlazBlue Continuum Shift II Tournament

Welcome to the very first official Light House BlazBlue Continuum Shift II tournament! If you have any interest in BlazBlue, feel free to sign up! Players of any and all skill level are welcome. There will be a tournament for both PS3 and 360, and you may sign up for each if you like.

- Start Date -

November 12th, 2011

- Rules -

- Double elimination.
- Matches are best two out of three rounds, sets are best two out of three matches. Finals are best three out of five matches.
- Time is set to 99 seconds.
- Unlockable/DLC characters are allowed.
- Beginner mode is allowed.
- Unlimited characters are banned.

Please ensure that your button settings are correct before beginning your matches. It is your responsibility to contact your opponent and set up a suitable time to play. Taking too long will delay the tournament, and will result in your DQ. When playing, please try to create an enviroment that is lag-free as possible (i.e., no streaming/downloading, use a wired connection, forward your ports, etc). Please be courteous to other members, and of course, have fun!

[collapse=Participants!][collapse=360 Sign-Up]arturefo
Minato
Moblin
DtJ Jungle
Kuraudo
Spelt
Raziek
Ryker[/collapse]

[collapse=PS3 Sign-Up]Lythium
Krynxe
Rutger
LivewiresXe
Kuraudo
Raziek
Ryker
Crusayer
Werekill
Thino[/collapse][/collapse]

[collapse=Brackets!][collapse=360 Bracket]
[/collapse]

[collapse=PS3 Bracket]
[/collapse][/collapse]

[collapse=Results!][collapse=360 Results]Coming soon![/collapse]

[collapse=PS3 Results]1. Crusayer
2. LivewiresXe
3. Lythium
4. Kuraudo
5. Rutger
5. Raziek
7. Thino
7. Werekill
9. Ryker
13. Krynxe[/collapse][/collapse]

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact me via VM or PM.

- Lythium

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Just posting in this thread to let everyone know that this tournament was approved ahead of time.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm ready to get exposed. I'll be joining the 360 tourney this time.

XBL Gamertag: Rhapsody R

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Sign me up for the XBL tourney.

Gamertag: Ultramoblin

Hopefully I won't have any "0" connections with anyone.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm in.

PSN: ShatteredSound
XBL: ShatteredSound

Can't have a BlazBlue tournament without Ragna the Bloodedge involved.
Oh crap. I get the odd feeling I might have added and accidentally deleted you during a PSN contact clearout. Um...oops.

Anyway pre-tournament good luck to everyone.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Lol, just noticed that Beginner Mode is allowed.

Is it all taking place on one day, or are we trying to say get your matches done by this date? If it's on one day, I'm afraid I have a smash tourney on that Saturday and must withdraw.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Lol, just noticed that Beginner Mode is allowed.

Is it all taking place on one day, or are we trying to say get your matches done by this date? If it's on one day, I'm afraid I have a smash tourney on that Saturday and must withdraw.
Beginner mode is generally permitted for most tournaments, it's just that no one uses it.

It's pretty much impossible for everyone to get all their matches done in one day. You'll have deadlines and such, but I won't post them until I create the bracket. For example: tournament starts on the 12th, you'll have about a week or so to get your matches done, and then we'll move onto the next round.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Beginner mode is generally permitted for most tournaments, it's just that no one uses it.
No one specifies it though. At least not around here.

It's pretty much impossible for everyone to get all their matches done in one day. You'll have deadlines and such, but I won't post them until I create the bracket. For example: tournament starts on the 12th, you'll have about a week or so to get your matches done, and then we'll move onto the next round.
Perfect.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
No one specifies it though. At least not around here.
Same here, but I thought I would put all the information out there. You never know, someone might want to play who isn't particularly familiar with the game, and may want to go that route.

I thought I would make all options clear, just in case. This is a tournament for everyone, regardless of skill. :3

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Alrighty, I'm setting things up! Brackets will be up shortly!

edit: Brackets are up! You can view them in the first post.

Deadline! Please keep in mind that you have one week to get your matches done. This means you have until Saturday, November 19th to get your set done. If you have any questions, concerns, comments or whatev, just let me know. :3c

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I'm going to work for the next 8 hours, so I'll post here when I get back this afternoon and ready to play.

Since you're in Brazil, anyone know what I can do to make my connection as fast as possible? I heard turning off any computers using the same connection helps.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Quick question for the TO Lythium:

Do we have an entire week to get just the first round done, or a week to get all of our matches done? Next week is the last week before Turkey break for me, so I've got a ton of school work.

@arturefo: can you play in about 1 hour and 10 minutes?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Since you're in Brazil, anyone know what I can do to make my connection as fast as possible? I heard turning off any computers using the same connection helps.
Try not to be using your internet connection for anything else. Try not to be uploading or downloading, or whatever the case may be. Also, a wired connection to your console is a huge difference.

Quick question for the TO Lythium:

Do we have an entire week to get just the first round done, or a week to get all of our matches done? Next week is the last week before Turkey break for me, so I've got a ton of school work.
One week to get your first set of matches done. For example, your first set of matches is against arturefo, and you have one week to get your matches in against him. After that, you'll get another week against your following opponent and so on.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
GG's Crusayer. He beat me, I didn't win a single match lol. Sorry about the disconnecting thing, idk what happened. Not to john, but I was playing stupid at first cause of my being nervous/not knowing how to deal with pressure from a good player. It wasn't until after awhile I started getting the hang of it and spacing better. (As I said before, I'm a big rookie and have almost no match experience.) I kept dropping combos too, the lag was pretty bad.

You're really good though Crusayer, hopefully we can have more matches when I get a little better. If you have any advice, besides learn some combos, lemme know. I'll try to learn some combos in the mean time. :cool:

Edit:
Oh, yeah np about it. You're clearly much better than I am lol, no surprise because I don't practice. (I'm a melee rookie after all, that's where my time goes)
I'll do my loser's bracket match when that comes around, and then I'll probably hang around the BB threads doing occasional friendlies. I'll progressively try to improve, but I probably won't enter again until after cs:ex

Top Bottom