• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BlackPanther presents: Twin Tower Rumble!! July 18th (DETAILS INSIDE)

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Kels, his friend, and I are carpooling to this tomorrow.
Tink better come <^^^>

Estimate of ppl going
Gaurenteed to come (ppl here and that i know of) - Deciding to come
5-8 from Peoriaish
2-4 from Springfield
0-2 from Purdueish ._o
4-10 from Chicago
1-2(?) from De Kalb
1-2 from Warrenville
0-1 from Homewood
=
13-28

I'll update with names later. And this only includes ppl on this boards/ ppl i know.
Doesn't include Any other people that aren't on here, so there probably is more.
U ppl from chicago better come.

Btw, is kurtzmann going to this?

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Well Kels hasn't said anything about it but if you guys need a place to stay you can stay at my house I'm limited to like 4 or 5 people because some are gonna have to sleep on the floor. But sweet! I'm glad you guys are comin should be quite interesting now :psycho:.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
ALSO, if you have TVs, bring them!!! I know we have 3 Wiis/Gamecubes with copies and etc etc already, I'm just not sure if we'll have THAT many TVs supplied from just our group in general. I'm thinking like maybe 3 from the Peoria-ish area, but maybe I'm wrong. Just figured I'd throw this out there in case someone was half and half on either bringing their TV or not. I guess same could go for Cube/Wii as well, whatever just bring setups kthx lol.

Kels88

Smash Lord
Kels' Itinerary at first: Saturday I was suppose to go to Peoria and stay with my friend that night<--Didn't work
Kels' second Plan: Go to my friend's house Friday and leave from there to go to the tournament<--Didn't work
Kels' final plan: Just drive to the tournament Saturday and afterwards call his friend to see if he would still like to kick it.
What's actually happening: Kels his other friend and Vro are riding out to Peoria in a few hours.
My plans changed like a million times but it happens:(
Also Tink, I was going to respond to your message but then you posted that you didn't think it would be worth it so I thought you already had your mind made up. I do apologize but please don't make it seem like I'm the bad guy here:p.
P.S. I'm just getting in from this club my brothers wanted to take me to for my birthday. I had too much fun but might be too sleepy for the tourney so if I lose this is the reason. lol
I'll see everyone when I get there

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Alright heres the plan for parking. All the meters are free today so if you can find a spot just park there with no hesitation. IF you have a setup bring it to the front first that way you aint gotta carry it all the way to the building. But if you gotta walk you can't miss it, it's the two tall buildings but yeah, see you all soon!

Tomacawk

Smash Master
not a very big turnout but really high skill level in general and a lot of fun
shoutouts!
anthony-wtf you ***** you beat me in pools and mm LOL
rashad-did we even play?
vro-I'll get you next time, and ill bring a lot more....uh...inspiration. had a blast playing with u and just kickin it in general, i'll try to make it to a vro zone sometime but it's ****in 4 hours away :(
kels-you play really ****ing gaylol but you're MAD good. I'm stealing your ledgehop nair ledgeguard, it's ****ing insanely broken. and don't be pissed because my waveshines do more % than yours
josh-you're a lot better than you think. keep your composure and learn to play marf dittos and I'll never beat you again
dave-next time we meet up in non tourny settings I'm gunna sit you down and teach you how to play falcon. and I'll never tech under you, ever . don't try LOL
jazz-i've never heard of you before. wtf. you're really good and pretty fun to play with. see you at smym?
guys who name i forgot that kept losing falcon vs marf-had fun talking with you man. did we even play against each other? >.>
champaign-way to not show up
tink-way to not show up
khepri-way to not show up
doorguy-**** you you smug *******, those doors are ****ing complicated

Kels88

Smash Lord
Results: Singles
1. Kels. Take that Tink
2. Jazzness
3. Black Panther
4. Vro

Results: Doubles
1. Vro and Kels
2. Jazzness and Alcheato
3. Black Panther and An)

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
How many people were there?
There were about 15 people there. I'm hopin the next time that theres around 40-50 people granted given enough time and people help me out on the hype and **** I think for the most part everyone enjoyed themeselves. No specific shoutouts really, too lazy but I want to thank you all again for comin out and hope to see you at the next one.

Btw should I make a results topic or just leave it as is since kels already beat me to the rankings? O_o

Vro

Smash Lord
haha thanks microwave. singles is only good to advance your double skills fereal.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Results: Singles
1. Kels. Take that Tink
2. Jazzness
3. Black Panther
4. Vro

Results: Doubles
1. Vro and Kels
2. Jazzness and Alcheato
3. Black Panther and (I forgot who he teamed with:()
BP teamed with me

There were about 15 people there. I'm hopin the next time that theres around 40-50 people granted given enough time and people help me out on the hype and **** I think for the most part everyone enjoyed themeselves. No specific shoutouts really, too lazy but I want to thank you all again for comin out and hope to see you at the next one.

Btw should I make a results topic or just leave it as is since kels already beat me to the rankings? O_o
U should probably just leave it idc really, and next one, we need to get more advertising in the peoria area and leave maybe a month in advance for this to get hype on the boards.

yea, too lazy to do shoutouts, lol. ggs everyone

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Shoutouts!

Rashad - thanks for holding the tournament bro, about time Peoria got in on some action!
Josh - thanks for being my team partner?
Anthony - what is with you and suddenly being good with characters like Puff & shizzzz?
Luke - awesome Falcon dittos lol, start rolling under me you *******! Sucks that I had to leave so soon, oh well, we'll get some more matches in for SMYM10 I bet ;)
Vro - You're a hilarious guy and a really good player, wish I would've played more consistently so maybe you could've helped me out with some things I was doing wrong.
Kels - **** dude, your Fox is ****ing legit.
Jazzness -Didn't get to play you I don't think...other than maybe doubles but you're hella good!
Luke's friend who's name starts with an H or K - nice talking with ya here and there, your Rufus is goooooddd lol :p
Lucas & Adam/Cookie - Glad you guys could come! You both have definitely improved a **** ton!
Anyone else I forgot - thanks for coming down to little ol' Peoria, it was great having you all here!!!! Next time you people that didn't come better come or I'll...do...probably nothing but whine on the forums lol.

PEACE

Dart

Smash Lord
Shoutouts ^_^

Dave- good**** dude we'll do better in teams next time *no hungry johns dammit*
Rashad-thanks for hosting and basically letting me stay at your house all ****ing weekend.
Vro-thanks for the advice and playing your crazy *** falcon has definately helped :)
Jazzness-you're one of the smartest players i know, even if i don't know alot of them i still think you're amazing, sick *** doubles at the end too :)
Alberto-way to get back into melee dude you're really good. good **** at the post tourney doubles too :)
Tomacawk-thanks dude i'm gonna step it up next time with the tourney mentality
Kels-Too good. Way to go man. You're smooth, smart, and technical...didn't four stock me so i'm happy :p
Kourck-You're awesome at SF4 bro good ****
Champaign-Way to fail
Anthony-**** dude...i choked, won't happen again. GG's

kourck

Smash Cadet
Good shindig, I look forward to getting back into melee now.

As for sf4, I think I lost the detachable dongle for my arcade stick there, which is a tragic fail.

Jazzness

Smash Ace
Congratz Kels, for 1st!

Thanks so much for hosting, Blackpanther, I had a great time!

Everyone, thanks for the friendlies and support during my matches vs. Kels!

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
No problem Jazz I'm glad you came and good **** vs Kels that mofo is tough. Anyways I'm uploading the doubles grand finals right now but the rest is gonna come later (I still gotta upload the Vro Zone grand finals as well -_-) work is a ***** though and I gotta break the rest of the videos down in Windows Movie Maker because they're above 10 mins and can't be uploaded. So when I get time I'll do the other ones. Here's my youtube channel so you can be on the lookout for 'em. I think it's in my sig too

My Youtube Channel

Top Bottom