• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bingo Mafia - THE END!

JeXs

Smash Champion
Also, I'm not entirely convinced than Kantrip is scum, but I will take a look at his posts again. Soon.

Cream Team

Gargaglione|Gorf
Gorf, I'm really liking this new picture of you. You've lost weight since those days of sitting at the computer.

Did Ryu make real contributions to the Chaco lynch, in your opinion?
i mean he was pretty inactive yesterDay in particular but overall yea.

I have a question: It is normal for the people here to self narrate what they're doing? There's been many times where I've come across a player saying ' i am starting my read' or 'i am going to reread'. Just shut up and do it.
lol

cool **** @ your potheadsium stuff. what do you think about joey/nabe, in particular his interactions with the adum wagon? right now im at kantrip + orbo/nabe but i cant necessarily decide whos the pick of the two.

also lol @ orbo defending himself by saying "none of his play has had scummy intent" like that actually means anything coming from him amirite?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
What are your current reads?
I like kantrip, gorf/cream team is probably town as much as I hate their direction.. Ryu I feel better about after what you've pointed out. Your slot I dislike the for completely disappearing. Jex is town. Theres someone im forgetting roght now

JeXs

Smash Champion
You forgot Nabe. Your scum reads are Cassavetes and Nabe then? Since you feel better about ryu now.

JeXs

Smash Champion
The only reason I think Nabe is scum is because the slot was almost entirely absent for the whole game. Do you have anything more?

Cream Team

Gargaglione|Gorf
Go **** yourself gorf, calling shots out at people doesn't make a difference in your case or lack thereof
sure it does. your defense of yourself is that your posts dont show scummy intent. thats one of the most ridiculous things ive ever read in my ****in life.

oh n lol @ your callin shots thing n turnin back n tryna call a shot why have a case if youre gonna write one for me?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
no worries, hopefully kantrip comes in here and ****s on himself so that im not forced to convince you with **** from before.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Give me at least a paragraph as to why this is.
his posts match my thought process, and they have a straight edge, or a focus I guess that kantrip usually doesn't have as scum. Once he buckled down it was much more in line with what I expect kantrip to do.
sure it does. your defense of yourself is that your posts dont show scummy intent. thats one of the most ridiculous things ive ever read in my ****in life.

oh n lol @ your callin shots thing n turnin back n tryna call a shot why have a case if youre gonna write one for me?
they don't. Yeah, I haven't been involved woth the game as heavily as I could have been but that's not alignment indicative of me

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
VOTE COUNT:

[2] Potassium: Cream Team / #HBC | Red Ryu
[1] Orboknown: JeXs

[0] Cream Team
[0] Cassavetes
[0] #HBC | Red Ryu
[0] JeXs
[0] #HBC | Nabe

[4] Not Voting: Orboknown / Cassavetes / Potassium / #HBC | Nabe

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!
Deadline set for Sunday, September 28th, 11:59 BST (British Summer Time)

Vote: Petroleum
I haven't accepted this vote. Who is this vote for?

@Everyone: If you can use the right names for players, that would reeeeeally help me out, hah!

Last edited:

Cassavetes

Smash Apprentice
his posts match my thought process, and they have a straight edge, or a focus I guess that kantrip usually doesn't have as scum. Once he buckled down it was much more in line with what I expect kantrip to do.
This tells me absolutely nothing as an outsider of this game. What focus does he usually have as scum? What were you expecting Kantrip to do? Do you understand how unbelievable this read sounds?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
This tells me absolutely nothing as an outsider of this game. What focus does he usually have as scum? What were you expecting Kantrip to do? Do you understand how unbelievable this read sounds?
Kantrip plays more systematically as scum. I wouldnt think he would lynch chaco yesterday, just outside of lylo. Especially since I probably could have been mld yesterday pretty easily, amongst other players. I don't care how the read sounds to you, it's my read and thats what its based off of. Lynch me if you want, I really could care less. Saves me having to figure out lylo if we dont hit scum today

Kantrip

Kantplay
I expect some semblance of a case on me from Gorf's slot. They said that I am individually scummy and their case did not hinge on Chacoscum, so I expect points that don't hinge on a connection to Chaco.

Cream Team

Gargaglione|Gorf
i mean i know it got cluttered up by chaco hate gaining momentum but you should totes read from garg's entrance on if you think it doesnt exist. good try though :)

Kantrip

Kantplay
~DAY ONE~
*please note that this post will only cover D1 and do not represent my final thoughts

EVENTS

Rake wagon

Red Ryu – first vote on, partially weighted RVS vote.

Potassium – second vote on, purely RVS pressure.

Yo! Hardbody the Show! – third vote on, partially weighted RVS vote.

Gorf – fourth vote on, no reasoning given, assumed RVS vote.

JeXs – fifth vote, I want to assume pressure on this one.

Orboknown – tells people to stop voting for Rake. Shutting down the reasonless RVS wagon but not necessarily defending Rake.

Captain Hotcakes – misunderstands the intent and implications of Rake's standard RVS question and votes him. Seems fully invested in Rake being scum in the most newbtown way.

JeXs – unvotes Rake due to him being put at L-1. Gives credit to the assumption that JeXs was voting for pressure.

Yo! Hardbody the Show! – Makes it known that he intends to hardbody Rake.

Adumbrodeus – joins the wagon, putting Rake back at L-1.

Red Ryu – unvotes, not wanting a quicklynch but makes it clear he agrees with the wagon itself.

JeXs – puts Rake back at L-1 once again despite not wanting him there before.

Dark Horse – comes in with a vote on JeXs, fails to comment on the Rake wagon at all.

Joey – comes in with a vote on Red Ryu, fails to comment on the Rake wagon at all.

Orboknown – defends Rake from allegations made by Hotcakes.

Red Ryu – says Rake has gotten better.

Gorf – tells Rake to claim and makes it pretty clear he's aligned with those wanting to lynch him.

Dark Horse – explains his JeXs vote and it relates to how JeXs handled the wagon.

Adumbrodeus – lays down some reasoning for Rake scum, being the first person to do so.

Chaco – hard defends Rake and asserts that there are scum pushing for him.

Yo! Hardbody the Show! – calls Chaco scum for his defense of Rake, especially on a Rake townflip.

Chaco – provides a bunch more defense of Rake and his reactions to the pressure. For example: “Rake keeps saying the same thing in defense, which is a towntell.”

Red Ryu – says he would be voting Rake because of his interactions with Hotcakes.

Orboknown – explains his rationale wrt Rake upon request. Says that he is townreading him because of things he'd expect Rake to do as scum that he didn't.

Dark Horse – calls the wagon **** but likes adum for being the only one to actually lay out reasoning.

Adumbrodeus – asserts that Rake is not to be lynched yet and that there are other avenues to pursue.

Red Ryu – doesn't listen to this and hammers Rake.

RAKE FLIPS TOWN

Interest in Chaco

Yo! Hardbody the Show! – calls Chaco out on his defense of Rake, saying it is scummy, especially if Rake is town.

Adumbrodeus – says that he cannot see the possible intent for the way Chaco is defending Rake. Proposes a switch to Chaco instead.

JeXs – says he is okay with switching to Chaco as he thinks Chaco's reasons for scumreading him are bad.

Red Ryu – puts Chaco in his scumlean pile as his only other scumread besides Rake.

Orboknown – agrees with Chaco and likes his openness with his stance on Rake, but disagrees with the JeXs wagon.

Dark Horse – says he likes Chaco for actually laying out his thought processes and looking generally townie. Calls his tiff with adum misguided.

PLAYERS

@#HBC | Dark Horse

Opposed the Rake wagon right away, instead voting for JeXs due to inconsistencies in his approach to the wagon. Likes adumb for actually laying out his reasoning and Chaco for being open about his discontent with the wagon.

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf

Joined the Rake wagon among the ranks of the people who wanted to push it through from the start #HBC style. Dedicates most of his time to looking for marshy's approval as someone with balls and trying to join the buddy crew of Yo! Hardbody the Show! and adum. When he's not doing that he's telling Rake to die.

@ Orboknown Orboknown

Tries to put brakes on the Rake wagon early when it picks up steam in RVS. Calmly opposes it for its duration, pointing out why he thinks Rake would play different if he were scum. Likes Chaco for his stance on Rake but disagrees with Chaco's scumread on JeXs.

@Captain Hotcakes

Jumps on the Rake wagon due to not liking Rake's question towards him and remains unwavering on Rake's death most of the Day. Doesn't do much other than letting everyone know how much he wants Rake dead.

@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu

Initially starts the Rake wagon, then jumps off when it picks up too much steam. Changes his stance on Rake for a bit, saying his play has improved. Then later, he suddenly switches back to scumreading him for his early interaction with Hotcakes and even quickhammers the wagon out. Spends some time asking people questions and gives things like JeXsscum consideration. Also dislikes Chaco.

@ JeXs JeXs

Adds pressure to the Rake wagon initially. Got off when the wagon got to L-1, but then put the wagon at L-1 again himself after a post from adum explaining why that wasn't such a bad thing. Later on he says he is okay with lynching Chaco because Chaco's reasons for scumreading him are bad.

@Chaco

Fervently calls the Rake wagon terrible and defends Rake. Attempts to shut the wagon down and explain why Rake is actually town. This included reasons such as "Rake is saying the same thing over and over in defense, which is a towntell." Tries to instead get a JeXs wagon going for the following reasons:
"-Wishy washy jumping of wagon.
-Called out, Re-L1's and CLAIMS IT SO NO ONE ACCIDENTALLY QUICKHAMMERS. (OBV, OBV, OBV D1 mafia, point out the obvious to not do to appear town. You think it's dumb, but I swear to god that's the easiest noob scum read to tell.)
-He's playing much like he was in Xat's on-going game, where he was fireblasted as scum D1.
-Sheeping soooo hard
-Fluffy posts"

@ Kantrip Kantrip

Hops on the Rake wagon in RVS and doesn't exist for the rest of the Day.

@#HBC | Joey

Makes a post to vote for Red Ryu and ask him why he said something. Him, along with Mac, are the only players to completely neglect commenting on the Rake wagon. The two of them + Potassium are the three slots with one post each in D1, lacking any real presence whatsoever.

THOUGHTS

I don't like that the Rake lynch happened at all, but I don't know that anyone really expected it to go through. There could be scum on it, there could be scum against it, and there could be scum both on it and against it.

I actually think that JeXs unvoting and then revoting shortly after is a townie move. He put his vote back on because adum convinced him that there was no harm in doing so. He unvoted in the first place because he was nervous having a wagon at L-1 so early. Changing that stance so fast because of what adum said actually show a player who is willing to listen to other people and change their opinions based off of that. He did make it very clear that he had put his vote back on, so there was no ill-intent that he could have possibly intended from such an action. It's null at worst. Town lean.

I don't like how Ruy said that he actually thought Rake was playing better, and then later ended up scumreading him and even hammering him for stuff that happened before Ruy said he was improving! To my knowledge, nothing happened after Ruy said Rake was playing better that made Ruy dislike him, so the change of opinion back to Rake scum is really strange. The quickhammer after adum (the one spearheading the wagon with actual reasoning) said not to was also gross, provoked or not. The only thing that holds me back from calling this really scummy is the fact that I could see Ruy flopping his read back based on previous impressions and getting an itchy trigger finger when provoked to hammer by Rake himself. Ruy also has some redeeming qualities in his willingness to consider other avenues such as JeXs and Chaco and the questions he asked (indicative of townRuy). Town lean.

I really hate Joey for jumping in with an irrelevant question and vote for Ruy and then not existing again. Can't blame him too much because I'm guilty of only posting once too and the Day was ridiculously short, I just don't like that he posted after a bunch of **** with Rake was going down and he didn't even seem to make notice of it. Null but someone I want dead.

I think Orbo had legitimate reasons for disagreeing with the Rake wagon. He calmly explained why he thought the wagon was unfounded and what he thought Rake would be doing as scum in the situation. His conclusion of liking Dark Horse for his JeXs scumread but disagreeing with the read itself is something I feel as well, so I like that our thoughts line up in that regard. If there's anything I don't like about Orbo D1, it's that he was pretty passive in his defense of Rake. To be fair, he said his piece and I'm sure he didn't expect the wagon to end how it did. Town.

I like that Dark Horse came in analyzing the Rake wagon and found JeXs scummy in all of it. What he pointed out about JeXs makes sense, but like Orbo I disagree with the conclusion. Regardless, I think Dark Horse was justified in thinking the Rake wagon had no backing and trying to find scum within it. Town.

Chaco is a different case. Looking back at it, Chaco looks much more concerned with defending Rake than trying to find scum. He doesn't look at the wagon to see who is scum on it until later on, although he does exclaim wildly that there is scum on it for sure. He gets angry and up in arms about how townie Rake is and how stupid everyone is being, but his reasoning for Rake being town isn't very solid either. The stance I've referenced twice already which I think is absurd is that "Rake is repeatedly saying the same thing to defend himself." How Chaco thinks this is a towntell I'll never know. Chaco eventually tries to get a JeXs wagon going, but I think he vastly oversells his points. Dark Horse found an inconsistency in JeXs's play but didn't have much else. This is fair. Chaco tries to fluff up his points with stuff that is null, generalized points, and stuff that JeXs does all the time. Wishy washiness? Sheeping? Fluffy posts? It really looks like Chaco opposed the Rake wagon for townpoints and tried to make a case for someone else, but his reasons for doing both of these things are really weak and I can't see him actually buying them. Scum.

I don't like how Gorf spent more time trying to buddy marshy/Gheb and adum than anything else. It really looked like he was trying to lump himself in with those slots moreso than finding scum or even getting the Rake lynch he seemed to want so much. In retrospect I really can't remember him doing anything else. Yo! Hardbody the Show! and adumb at least looked at other avenues whilst hardbodying Rake. In fact, their suspicions of Chaco for his defense of Rake were legit and, while I hate their hardbody mentality, I can see now that they weren't closing their mind to the rest of the game. Gorf, on the other hand, did just that. Scum lean.

Captain Hotcakes misunderstood the intentions of Rake's question and thought that Rake was trying to get him modkilled for revealing his role. From that point onwards he tunneled Rake for a variety of reasons. He reads as newbtown but is not a slot I want getting to LyLo by any means. It would be really easy to tunnel on Rake the way he did as either alignment and have it written off as newbtown either way. Null-town.

READS

Orbo
Dark Horse
Red Ryu

JeXs
Captain Hotcakes
Joey
Gorf
Chaco
This post still applies in full, and seeing a scumflip from Chaco makes me more confident in Gorfscum.

I am almost certain the scumteam lies in my nulls and below. One of Nabe/Cassavates and Cream Team is the most likely.

Cream Team

Gargaglione|Gorf
@ Cassavetes Cassavetes talk to me about joey/nabe. my side of this hydra is still a bit hinged between orbo and that slot, and while my other head is too hes leaning more toward orbo. i want to try n dissect this toDay before one of us inevitably dies toNight.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@ Cream Team Cream Team what do you think about the fact that Orbo hammered when deadline was coming up real fast and no one else was around to do so? He could have just as easily evaded the thread for half an hour and not hammered if he were scum with Chaco. Personally, this alone puts Orbo off the table for me. Thoughts?

JeXs

Smash Champion
This post still applies in full, and seeing a scumflip from Chaco makes me more confident in Gorfscum.

I am almost certain the scumteam lies in my nulls and below. One of Nabe/Cassavates and Cream Team is the most likely.
Why and how is orbo town?

JeXs

Smash Champion
@ Cream Team Cream Team what do you think about the fact that Orbo hammered when deadline was coming up real fast and no one else was around to do so? He could have just as easily evaded the thread for half an hour and not hammered if he were scum with Chaco. Personally, this alone puts Orbo off the table for me. Thoughts?
That'd be ********; outing himself as scum with chaco for evading the thread and not hammering when he was here.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
That'd be ********; outing himself as scum with chaco for evading the thread and not hammering when he was here.
Point being I easily could have just pretended to not be here. Especially with my account being on invisible

JeXs

Smash Champion
Town lean. While I don't agree with gang's case on kantrip, I don't see anything scummy with the slot. What about you?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Town lean. While I don't agree with gang's case on kantrip, I don't see anything scummy with the slot. What about you?
if I'm being honest with myself he's straight null as opposed to that lazy townlean I threw out earlier. Yes, he's here pushing things and putting out stances, but gorf is good enough to do that regardless and I feel like garg hasn't done anything spectacularly alignment indicative
That STILL doesn't clear you fyi.
I never said it did, kantrip did. Just explaining what he meant

Kantrip

Kantplay
Orbo uses invisible.

He came in the thread with half an hour until deadline and hammered Chaco. Chaco flipped scum.

Orbo could have not posted and we would have been none the wiser that he was even online.

The fact that he hammered when no one else was likely to be able to is a good point for him in my books. I mean, I've never had a problem with him anyways.

Cream Team

Gargaglione|Gorf
kantrip you cant be seriously holding your read on a d1 that hardly existed. in fact i told you how convoluted these reads were and you agreed with me.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Orbo uses invisible.

He came in the thread with half an hour until deadline and hammered Chaco. Chaco flipped scum.

Orbo could have not posted and we would have been none the wiser that he was even online.

The fact that he hammered when no one else was likely to be able to is a good point for him in my books. I mean, I've never had a problem with him anyways.
I think you should look over the slot. Also, learn what bussing means. It might help to reverse that terrible hard town read of orbo that you have.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I think you should look over the slot. Also, learn what bussing means. It might help to reverse that terrible hard town read of orbo that you have.
Why would I bus chaco there instead of just letting a nl go through and put the game into mylo?

Top Bottom