• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bingo Mafia - THE END!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
but you know instead of me giving a braindump on the topic, ALL OF THE PLAYERS could have discussed that ****. And we could have used what they said to get a better glimpse of their alignment since we know the board does matter and scum will have certain motives when it comes to how we should use it in play.

tell me that such a discussion isn't / wouldn't have been helpful to determine alignments @ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
oh snap there are 6 edge nodes on the board, not 3.

I said earlier that there's probably 2 scum on the edge nodes, but now knowing the edge nodes consists of 6/13 nodes, I could see ALL of the scum team is likely to be on an edge node.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Your analysis is surface level and weak, why wouldn't scum put themselves on 13? Is there a stronger deterrent to lynching them? And even if they did die before getting their number revealed or in spite of it, "oh well, still lit up a great spot on the board", were I scum I would've definitely put my strongest player in 13.

but you know instead of me giving a braindump on the topic, ALL OF THE PLAYERS could have discussed that ****. And we could have used what they said to get a better glimpse of their alignment since we know the board does matter and scum will have certain motives when it comes to how we should use it in play.

tell me that such a discussion isn't / wouldn't have been helpful to determine alignments @ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus
Considerably less useful then the discussion we're having right now, because how to manipulate the board is a strategic concern with a lot more legitimate disagreement and a lot less incentive to push positions that hurt your alignment if anti-town.

Your insistence of it's value over and above scumhunting strikes me as highly scummy.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Your analysis is surface level and weak, why wouldn't scum put themselves on 13? Is there a stronger deterrent to lynching them? And even if they did die before getting their number revealed or in spite of it, "oh well, still lit up a great spot on the board", were I scum I would've definitely put my strongest player in 13.
scum wouldn't put themselves at 13 because if they did, they know that they would HAVE to die to get ANY bingos. Do you think scum is gonna go into the game thinking "I need to get myself lynched so we can have <insert useful thing for scum> happen"

It's not surface level, it's literally just logic.

Of course like I said, there's an element of wifom but that doesn't change the fact that it would still be pretty detrimental for scum to put themselves there. Unless they were planning on bussin a mate or ignoring the bingos. The wifom there is real but that doesn't mean it's a 50/50 chance that scum put themselves there. It still heavily favors scum not putting themselves there and if THEY were going for the bus approach, that is something you could look for in thread. It inherently helps dictate the way scum plays so even if scum did put themsleves there, knowing that knowledge is STILL useful for scumhunting.

If you're scum and put your strongest player in 13 you're either ****ing dumb as **** OR the bingos aren't actually that useful

also getting a number revealed isn't the same as lighting up on the board. Chaco and Orbo and hotcakes number were revealed but they still have to die before it's active for bingo. (i'm not sure if you were confused about this but it seems like you might have been cuz this **** you're spewing here doesn't make sense unless you think that passing the 8-ball to town helps highlight something on the board, and even then your logic is still iffy to me)

Considerably less useful then the discussion we're having right now, because how to manipulate the board is a strategic concern with a lot more legitimate disagreement and a lot less incentive to push positions that hurt your alignment if anti-town.

Your insistence of it's value over and above scumhunting strikes me as highly scummy.
never did I say we shouldn't scumhunt. (what i did say was that right now I think talking the board stuff is more useful than rehashing on reads, esp since we should determine who to give the 8-ball to before we lynch someone) I think i've been pretty clear that the board **** complements scumhunting.

honestly i think it's pretty scummy that you can't see where I'm coming from even if you do disagree. I think it's scummy that you still find me gross after I presented legit ass reasoning and a pretty clear thought process of the value I think the board provides. I think it's scummy that you're trying to paint me as gross just cuz i think we should not ignore the main game mechanic the mod put in the game. Also the fact that you hyperbolized what I said "OH MAC WANTS TO NEVER SCUMHUNT AND ONLY TALK ABOUT BOARD **** THE REST OF THE GAME WTF" seems like you're trying to paint me as scummy

JeXs

Smash Champion
I still think the 8-ball should be the holder's decision.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@ JeXs JeXs am i scummy for bringing this board stuff up

@MOD - Is the flavour text stating that mafia knows which number correlates to which player a publicly confirmed fact, or strictly for flavour?
because of the flavor, i'm operating off the idea that mafia chose the positions before the game even began. if that's not the case a lot of what I'm saying is moot

JeXs

Smash Champion
It's not necessarily scummy but I don't agree with your stance on it.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
@MOD - Is the flavour text stating that mafia knows which number correlates to which player a publicly confirmed fact, or strictly for flavour?

It is not strictly for flavour, and should be taken as a publicly confirmed fact.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
aiight

one more thing, if we make the 8-ball thing operate more similarly to a lynch, that gives us another vote-like paper-trail that we could use to scumhunt. Esp since scum does have a vested interest in seeing some ppl outed vs others

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Agree with above. #13 is the focal point of all bingos, so there's no way that slot is scum.

I don't like how this is set-up... I was an active target before the end of the day, (which Ryu's hammer was scummy as ****, BTW), anyways the slot next to me gets killed, they're setting up for a dead on bingo by assuming I'd still be the target today, I think. What it looks like to me. Also doesn't help that Hardbody was on me before the end of the day.

Anyways, throw you questions at me, I know they're coming. I'm ready to answer them so we can move on the play today.

Will be posting after a reread momentarily.
oh snap i missed this post earlier, this is exactly the kind of board related scumhuntery type **** that im talkin about

chaco if scum was really setting you up, why didn't they kill number 13 instead of marshy

Kantrip

Kantplay
Alright Mac I see where you're coming from and I also see what JeXs is saying. I think JeXs and I voiced reasonable concerns and adumb has been needlessly shutting you down without good reason.

I think adumb's attack on Chaco looks scummy as well (from skimming it mind you) and he's the best place to sit my vote until I reread everything.

Knowing that scum does indeed already know where we are located on the board makes me fine with Mac and his line of discussion.

Vote adumb

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
scum wouldn't put themselves at 13 because if they did, they know that they would HAVE to die to get ANY bingos. Do you think scum is gonna go into the game thinking "I need to get myself lynched so we can have <insert useful thing for scum> happen"

It's not surface level, it's literally just logic.
If you're scum and put your strongest player in 13 you're either ****ing dumb as **** OR the bingos aren't actually that useful
No bingo is more useful then scum surviving past lylo unless it's an auto-win, you're thinking of it just as something they want to accomplish instead of considering it's power as a deterrence tool and I sure as hell don't believe that you never considered that possibility, you've been around the block WAY too many times for that.

If we accept your conclusions and scum chose to make 13 their strongest player all scum needs to do is confirm their guy's number and it's a free trip for him to lylo, especially if it's later revealed that bingo is very powerful. With your plan of passing it the likely lynch target, this gets revealed when he's vulnerable, wouldn't that be perfect for scum?

I take back my earlier statement though, this was useful, certainly made me more confident of macscum, especially if we end up with a scum on slot 13 or mac himself is slot 13.

Of course like I said, there's an element of wifom but that doesn't change the fact that it would still be pretty detrimental for scum to put themselves there. Unless they were planning on bussin a mate or ignoring the bingos. The wifom there is real but that doesn't mean it's a 50/50 chance that scum put themselves there. It still heavily favors scum not putting themselves there and if THEY were going for the bus approach, that is something you could look for in thread. It inherently helps dictate the way scum plays so even if scum did put themsleves there, knowing that knowledge is STILL useful for scumhunting.
Deterrence.

Scum's positioning depends entirely on their plans the fact is that no board positions will actually give us scum or even a reasonable chance at knowing scum until we have a better idea of how scum is looking to manipulate the board. However, certain analysises of where scum might put themselves are scummy, as oyu just illustrated, thank you :)

also getting a number revealed isn't the same as lighting up on the board. Chaco and Orbo and hotcakes number were revealed but they still have to die before it's active for bingo. (i'm not sure if you were confused about this but it seems like you might have been cuz this **** you're spewing here doesn't make sense unless you think that passing the 8-ball to town helps highlight something on the board, and even then your logic is still iffy to me)
Feels townie, still a net dislike of your slot though.

never did I say we shouldn't scumhunt. (what i did say was that right now I think talking the board stuff is more useful than rehashing on reads, esp since we should determine who to give the 8-ball to before we lynch someone) I think i've been pretty clear that the board **** complements scumhunting.

honestly i think it's pretty scummy that you can't see where I'm coming from even if you do disagree. I think it's scummy that you still find me gross after I presented legit *** reasoning and a pretty clear thought process of the value I think the board provides. I think it's scummy that you're trying to paint me as gross just cuz i think we should not ignore the main game mechanic the mod put in the game. Also the fact that you hyperbolized what I said "OH MAC WANTS TO NEVER SCUMHUNT AND ONLY TALK ABOUT BOARD **** THE REST OF THE GAME WTF" seems like you're trying to paint me as scummy
You're talking about "lets just stop scumhunting and discuss the board", which is still substantially info over analysis. Without actual contrasting of numbers to alignments we have no way to to actually use the board to scumhunt as you suggest.

I'm trying to paint you as scummy since I think you're scum, what's hard to understand about that? :)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
aiight

one more thing, if we make the 8-ball thing operate more similarly to a lynch, that gives us another vote-like paper-trail that we could use to scumhunt. Esp since scum does have a vested interest in seeing some ppl outed vs others
Scum's only interest in who is outed at this moment is trying to get number 13 outed if they chose to set the game up that way as deterrence.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Scum's only interest in who is outed at this moment is trying to get number 13 outed if they chose to set the game up that way as deterrence.
They know who 13 is already, mod has confirmed that scum decided who is which number. Does this change your opinion on the 8 ball and the line of discussion Mac is going for?

Kantrip

Kantplay
oh snap there are 6 edge nodes on the board, not 3.

I said earlier that there's probably 2 scum on the edge nodes, but now knowing the edge nodes consists of 6/13 nodes, I could see ALL of the scum team is likely to be on an edge node.
I'm not seeing the logic on this one

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
They know who 13 is already, mod has confirmed that scum decided who is which number. Does this change your opinion on the 8 ball and the line of discussion Mac is going for?
My entire point is that scum's only interest in outing numbers is to manipulate town, what better way to manipulate town away from lynching their guy then reveal he's 13?

People forget that no bingo (unless bingo is an instant auto-win) is more powerful then just having at least one person survive past lylo. Making a scum number 13 and then revealing it publicly is a POWERFUL deterrent against town lynching him, unless we later find out the bingo bonus or bonuses are really weak that is.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
No bingo is more useful then scum surviving past lylo unless it's an auto-win, you're thinking of it just as something they want to accomplish instead of considering it's power as a deterrence tool and I sure as hell don't believe that you never considered that possibility, you've been around the block WAY too many times for that.

If we accept your conclusions and scum chose to make 13 their strongest player all scum needs to do is confirm their guy's number and it's a free trip for him to lylo, especially if it's later revealed that bingo is very powerful. With your plan of passing it the likely lynch target, this gets revealed when he's vulnerable, wouldn't that be perfect for scum?
um, I DID consider this. as evidenced by the post you just quoted. Like i said if they put their scum player on 13 than they're trying to bus the scummate. Unless they don't care about getting bingos in which case then yea they'll put scum on 13 cuz it looks better for them.

I'm operating under the assumption that scum wants bingos. Your alternative is that they're foregoing bingos in favor of making one of the scum players look good for being on 13. This is already a huge gambit and risk that 13 won't get lynched and that they won't need whatever the bingo thing is. Also, when lylo hits, it looks REALLY bad if 13 hasn't been night-killed yet, ESPECIALLY if bingo would be possible by night-killing 13. (Which i'm confident that near end-game, that will be the case)

even if scum is going the route you're suggesting, DISCUSSING THIS IS USEFUL AS ****.

ok so assuming scum is going your route. they would want 13 revealed sooner rather than later. chaco and orbo didn't choose to out 13. would you think that makes them less likely to be scum?

I take back my earlier statement though, this was useful, certainly made me more confident of macscum, especially if we end up with a scum on slot 13 or mac himself is slot 13.
thanks for gracefully losing the argument.

(also I would laugh if I was 13, and I agree it'd be a tad-bit incriminating, but not very much imo since this strat is still risky and the chance that mafia did it is still low)

Deterrence.

Scum's positioning depends entirely on their plans the fact is that no board positions will actually give us scum or even a reasonable chance at knowing scum until we have a better idea of how scum is looking to manipulate the board. However, certain analysises of where scum might put themselves are scummy, as oyu just illustrated, thank you :)
i still fail to see how any of my analysis has been scummy. You yourself agreed that discussing this **** IS useful for scumhunting. That's like saying that I'm scummy for discussing why scum might have decided to night kill some person.

should I as town not brainstorm this board **** at all? would that be way better for you? or should I have just kept these thoughts out of the thread?

but lemme make sure i'm getting you straight. You think I'm scummy cuz i started analyzing this board stuff openly and you think that only scum would want to do that so they could use the board stuff to manipulate town. And it's even worse cuz i brought up the idea that 13 is very much likely not to be scum so I could probably be using that to highlight me or one of my scummates as town if 13 is revealed. Is that correct?

quote="adumbrodeus, post: 17415789, member: 70774"]
You're talking about "lets just stop scumhunting and discuss the board", which is still substantially info over analysis. Without actual contrasting of numbers to alignments we have no way to to actually use the board to scumhunt as you suggest.

I'm trying to paint you as scummy since I think you're scum, what's hard to understand about that? :)[/quote]

i never said we should stop scumhunting. why do you keep making it seem that way?

How is there no way to use the board to scumhunt, literally a ****ton of the analysis i've been talking about is specifically for helping determine who scum / town is and how scum might be trying to operate in this game. Which is what scumhunting is

Kantrip

Kantplay
My entire point is that scum's only interest in outing numbers is to manipulate town, what better way to manipulate town away from lynching their guy then reveal he's 13?

People forget that no bingo (unless bingo is an instant auto-win) is more powerful then just having at least one person survive past lylo. Making a scum number 13 and then revealing it publicly is a POWERFUL deterrent against town lynching him, unless we later find out the bingo bonus or bonuses are really weak that is.
I think it's a non - issue right now. We don't know who 13 is. If they are really scummy I'm not gonna back off of them just because of their number. We can cross that bridge when we get to it.

How do you think the 8 ball should be dealt with, knowing it is a tool that only helps town as it doesn't give scum any info they don't already have?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I'm not seeing the logic on this one
think about how many bingos you can get with each node.

all the edge nodes can only be a part of one bingo.
all the middle nodes can be a part of two bingos
the center (13) node can be a part of like twelve bingos

if a node has to die to be a part of a bingo, you'll want to put the ppl who are less likely to die in the edge nodes. ALternatively, you'll want to put the ppl that are more likely to die (or get night killed) in the middle or center nodes.

scum won't ever nkill themselves and probably don't want to get lynched so that makes the edge nodes a better place for them. but also wifom exists so ofc they might not put all scum in the edge nodes (though i would definitely guess that atleasat two are in an edge node assuming mafia IS attempting to go for bingos)

@ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus , who should we give the 8-ball to? if we give it to me, I might flip 13 like you're hypothesizing and that'd be useful info for you no?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer

adumb, you seriously can't think of ANY reason why town would be interested in outing numbers or discussing them (despite all the **** I've already said)? your stubborness on this doesn't feel genuine

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kantrip Krazy Konspiracy of the day

What if number 13 gets bulletproof status and mafia had to choose someone they thought they could get lynched because they can't just NK 13

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
"The bad people playing this game will score a BINGO if they work a line in to the centre of the board. Notice 12 turned red? If 8 and 13 both turn red, a BINGO will be made. What happens after... Well, that's a secret."
oh snap you're right

too bad, that means we have less info from the board to work with

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Just because his play wasn't amazing doesn't mean he's scum.

Intent is very important in mafia.
drop it. what's done is done. you're a ****** if you don't like me cuz of my rake reasoning when i wasn't the only person on his wagon. your tunnel goes hard.

unvote

mac is right. taking the board and ball into account is critical. i haven't read in depth enough to discuss but intentions will be very much driven by this board.

but i DO want you to talk reads.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@gorf, no concrete scum reads yet (besides a lean on adumb). I have a few town reads but rather keep that to masself, probably gonna re-read the thread in the next few days

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
um, I DID consider this. as evidenced by the post you just quoted. Like i said if they put their scum player on 13 than they're trying to bus the scummate. Unless they don't care about getting bingos in which case then yea they'll put scum on 13 cuz it looks better for them.

I'm operating under the assumption that scum wants bingos. Your alternative is that they're foregoing bingos in favor of making one of the scum players look good for being on 13. This is already a huge gambit and risk that 13 won't get lynched and that they won't need whatever the bingo thing is. Also, when lylo hits, it looks REALLY bad if 13 hasn't been night-killed yet, ESPECIALLY if bingo would be possible by night-killing 13. (Which i'm confident that near end-game, that will be the case)

even if scum is going the route you're suggesting, DISCUSSING THIS IS USEFUL AS ****.

ok so assuming scum is going your route. they would want 13 revealed sooner rather than later. chaco and orbo didn't choose to out 13. would you think that makes them less likely to be scum?
You left the alternatives as busing or not having scum on 13 initially, and even after I pointed it out, you said it was idiotic and didn't consider the value of deterrence.

I think you overrate how scummy it would be especially since scum has shown a willingness to kill on the basis of who it finds threatening rather then actually pushing for the board, otherwise they'd probably kill somebody down Rake's line (unless there's a scum sitting somewhere there).

(also I would laugh if I was 13, and I agree it'd be a tad-bit incriminating, but not very much imo since this strat is still risky and the chance that mafia did it is still low)
Lol, I don't think you'd be that crazy. I could definately see a you/chaco/whoever is on 13 team though.

i still fail to see how any of my analysis has been scummy. You yourself agreed that discussing this **** IS useful for scumhunting. That's like saying that I'm scummy for discussing why scum might have decided to night kill some person.

should I as town not brainstorm this board **** at all? would that be way better for you? or should I have just kept these thoughts out of the thread?

but lemme make sure i'm getting you straight. You think I'm scummy cuz i started analyzing this board stuff openly and you think that only scum would want to do that so they could use the board stuff to manipulate town. And it's even worse cuz i brought up the idea that 13 is very much likely not to be scum so I could probably be using that to highlight me or one of my scummates as town if 13 is revealed. Is that correct?
I actually don't mind you brainstorming, it's more the "stop talking about scumhunting and let's all brainstorm about the board", which we have no information about how scum want to use at the moment. The

quote="adumbrodeus, post: 17415789, member: 70774"]

I'm trying to paint you as scummy since I think you're scum, what's hard to understand about that? :)[/quote]

i never said we should stop scumhunting. why do you keep making it seem that way?

How is there no way to use the board to scumhunt, literally a ****ton of the analysis i've been talking about is specifically for helping determine who scum / town is and how scum might be trying to operate in this game. Which is what scumhunting is[/quote]
i think the 8-ball stuff is more important right now than hard reads.
Actually you're right, you didn't explicitly say it, but you certainly implied it.

Flavor analysis isn't scumhunting unless it actually is more reliable at giving us scum/the setup then scumhunting is.

think about how many bingos you can get with each node.

all the edge nodes can only be a part of one bingo.
all the middle nodes can be a part of two bingos
the center (13) node can be a part of like twelve bingos

if a node has to die to be a part of a bingo, you'll want to put the ppl who are less likely to die in the edge nodes. ALternatively, you'll want to put the ppl that are more likely to die (or get night killed) in the middle or center nodes.

scum won't ever nkill themselves and probably don't want to get lynched so that makes the edge nodes a better place for them. but also wifom exists so ofc they might not put all scum in the edge nodes (though i would definitely guess that atleasat two are in an edge node assuming mafia IS attempting to go for bingos)

@ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus , who should we give the 8-ball to? if we give it to me, I might flip 13 like you're hypothesizing and that'd be useful info for you no?
Your error here actually makes sense in regards to why you're so intent on the board and it's value for scum, bingo is full line.

Happy with that, though I'd be immensely surprised if you were putting yourself out this way and were in fact number 13.

adumb, you seriously can't think of ANY reason why town would be interested in outing numbers or discussing them (despite all the **** I've already said)? your stubborness on this doesn't feel genuine
"My entire point is that scum's only interest in outing numbers is to manipulate town"

Not town's, scum's.

Kantrip

Kantplay
It's very possible the person on rakes line is scum and that's why scum didn't kill along that line.

Too much WIFOM. Let's move on to who we want to lynch/give the 8 ball to

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
EBWOP:

I'm trying to paint you as scummy since I think you're scum, what's hard to understand about that? :)

How is there no way to use the board to scumhunt, literally a ****ton of the analysis i've been talking about is specifically for helping determine who scum / town is and how scum might be trying to operate in this game. Which is what scumhunting is
i think the 8-ball stuff is more important right now than hard reads.
Actually you're right, you didn't explicitly say it, but you certainly implied it.

Flavor analysis isn't scumhunting unless it actually is more reliable at giving us scum/the setup then scumhunting is.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Wait a minute adumb

Chaco is in line with rake

And you think Chaco is scum

And you're wondering why scum didn't kill in line with rake/using that in your arguments?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
You left the alternatives as busing or not having scum on 13 initially, and even after I pointed it out, you said it was idiotic and didn't consider the value of deterrence.
fair, still tho

I think you overrate how scummy it would be especially since scum has shown a willingness to kill on the basis of who it finds threatening rather then actually pushing for the board, otherwise they'd probably kill somebody down Rake's line (unless there's a scum sitting somewhere there).

---

Lol, I don't think you'd be that crazy. I could definately see a you/chaco/whoever is on 13 team though.
unless killing marshy was also board related. Like you said they could have not killed someone on rakes edge because scum is there.

chaco is 8 btw, so he can't be 13. though him being 8 is somewhat incriminating for chaco because he didn't killed. (like you said Marshy coulda been killed instead because scum was on rakes line). This would go in line with chaco heavily pushing against a rake lynch all of d1 if he knew that he couldn't get bingo on his line unless he died.

that wasn't my intention with that post, I was just saying gorf that we should talk more about board **** for the time being since noone was discussing it.

plus even after i said it, I gave him my reads on the ppl he asked about

anyways you should unvote me since it's pretty obvious at this point that i'm not scum

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
It's very possible the person on rakes line is scum and that's why scum didn't kill along that line.

Too much WIFOM. Let's move on to who we want to lynch/give the 8 ball to
yea a ****ton of wifom for sure

i'm pretty interested to hear what everyone else has to say though, a lot of slots we haven't heard from.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Kantrip Krazy Konspiracy of the day

What if number 13 gets bulletproof status and mafia had to choose someone they thought they could get lynched because they can't just NK 13
Then mafia is definitely on 13, no way they'd give town that.

What if you're number 13 adumb

Dun dun dun
Haha, I'd be amused, my point was more that "this is a valid option and what i'd personally pick as scum" rather then "this is what scum did", I found Mac's argument fallacious so I objected by posing an equally likely scenario.
Wait a minute adumb

Chaco is in line with rake

And you think Chaco is scum

And you're wondering why scum didn't kill in line with rake/using that in your arguments?
True, still he was in the hotseat and quite a possible lynch today. Point is marshy makes too much sense as an independent kill rather then having any bearing on board positions.
fair, still tho
:p

unless killing marshy was also board related. Like you said they could have not killed someone on rakes edge because scum is there.

chaco is 8 btw, so he can't be 13. though him being 8 is somewhat incriminating for chaco because he didn't killed. (like you said Marshy coulda been killed instead because scum was on rakes line). This would go in line with chaco heavily pushing against a rake lynch all of d1 if he knew that he couldn't get bingo on his line unless he died.
I know chaco can't be 13, hence I floated a you, chaco, whoever is on 13 potential scumteam.

Can't deny the logic of that though, but at the same time it gives people less of a deterrent against going after his slot because his death is less likely to lead to a bingo.

Regardless the night kill is justifiable simply because Marshy.

that wasn't my intention with that post, I was just saying gorf that we should talk more about board **** for the time being since noone was discussing it.

plus even after i said it, I gave him my reads on the ppl he asked about

anyways you should unvote me since it's pretty obvious at this point that i'm not scum
I never had a vote on you, chaco remains my scummiest pick. I still found this discussion pretty useless in it's intended goal of using the board to scumhunt, but useful in giving me a feel for your slot which I like. Still scummy though and that last line makes me wanna get out my murderin' shovel.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
@red Ryu, @Dark Horse, @ Orboknown Orboknown , @#HBC | Joey, thoughts on this argument regarding the board stuff and do you view either adumb or me as scummy?
I think the board discussion is helpful. Not being conscious of the board is likley going to result in it biting town in the ass

I actually want to reread adumb. Despite what I said yesterDay I'm fearing that I was ignoring the actual content of his posts and just happy that someone on the rake wagon was trying.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Can anyone find any sort of pattern at all to the way numbers are arranged on the bingo board?

It seems to just basically bounce around randomly except for the fact that 13 is dead centre.

I almost wonder if scum was given each player's number and then decided where to place the numbers from there. Perhaps number 13 didn't even have to be the one in the middle. Alternatively, the numbers were already arranged as they are, and scum got to assign them to people?

I know the unlucky number 13 was quite significant in the last game, but I'm not sure if it is this game. Maybe the scumteam just put it in the middle to make it seem significant, knowing that it was last game and some would fall for it. Or maybe it was always bound to be the middle of the board and it does have some significance.

Ah I said we should drop this subject as it's dark and full of WIFOM. About to start my reread.

Kantrip

Kantplay
ok no one more thing

there's definitely significance to the initial image we got having no numbers revealed:

When the thread was made, we got this image. Between this time and when Day 1 started, scum got to assign all of us to places on the board. This is why we didn't get numbers on the initial image. This says to me that we all already had numbers and scum got to place those numbers as they wished. Makes sense considering there's no rhyme or reason to how the numbers are distributed around the board. Except 13 being the middle of course. That's still going to bug me.

Regardless, the MOD has told us enough.

MAFIA benefits when a bingo is made.

A bingo is 3 spaces in a row, starting from the middle.

Therefore, number 13 is part of every bingo.

MAFIA knows what everybody's number is.

MAFIA got to decide where everybody is placed on the board.

Therefore, MAFIA knows exactly which players they need to lynch and/or kill in order to make bingos.

The Night Kill is null because Yo! Hardbody the Show! was not a strange target. It's likely scum prioritized ousting that slot over immediately working towards a bingo. It is possible that Chaco is scum, but him still being alive is not a reason, just a side-effect.

Okay. Now I'm done talking mechanics. Onto the read.

Top Bottom