• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bingo Mafia - THE END!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i think the 8-ball stuff is more important right now than hard reads.

Plus i read the thread way too fast so i feel like i probs missed a bunch of stuff and should re-read

chaco / adumb could go either way, depending on how i feel about one or the other. Feels TvS (though i don't give that much credence cuz how can anyone predict something being tvs, such a random statement to make in general)

i don't like kantrip, mostly cuz i don't remember much of what he's done. someone pointed out that he left his vote on rake the entier day without explaining which looks gross if true

JeXs

Smash Champion
Did you think it was terrible because Rake, being the doc, wanted to save his own ass and that's why seemed desperate?

JeXs

Smash Champion
Yes, that sucks. But his play wasn't exactly amazing. I will agree that the quick lynch was pretty silly though.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Yes, but his play not being so amazing led people to misread his intents and believe him to be scum, which led to his lynch.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
i think the 8-ball stuff is more important right now than hard reads.
I don't like this at all.

adumb, who should we gvie the 8-ball to? why wasn't chaco killed last Night?
Cause Chaco is scum >_>. Number 13 or somebody else in the line didn't die because motherf***ing marshy.

Eh, don't much care. Give it to whoever, this is a giant distraction.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
um, how is it a distraction? we obviously shouldn't kill the ppl mafia want us to kill, and we can get insight into who mafia might want to kill from the bingo board seeing as how they gave everyone a place on the board and they want (or need) to get a bingo

@ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus do you think i'm scummy for wanting to focus more on this?

JeXs

Smash Champion
8-ball should be given away as a personal choice imo. Deciding who to give it to is like screaming at scum to throw WIFOM in our face.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
no that's dumb af. when the ball is given away we get told someone's position on the board which is too useful to leave up to individuals (even worse if it's scum who has the ball and specifically gives it to someone we don't care to know about)

JeXs

Smash Champion
Deciding who the ball goes to allows scum to frame players for lining up a bingo.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Deciding who the ball goes to allows scum to frame players for lining up a bingo.
how do you mean? you're saying since we'll have more information on who is what number that we'll be able to spot better which bingos might be coming - and BECAUSE of that scum could use this additional information to frame others as trying to get bingos?

if that's what you mean, that's like saying that we should ignore night kills cuz scum might use it to frame ppl for killing

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Alright Mac, what criteria should we base it off of then?

Who do you want to pass the 8 Ball to?
base what off of?

idk, but if i did i wouldn't wanna reveal it so early. I do have some guidelines for who it should go to tho

Kantrip

Kantplay
The 8-ball topic?
Yeah. Thank you.

- - -

As far as my Rake vote is concerned. I threw it on there very early as a pressure vote and wasn't in thread when everything went down. I certainly wasn't expecting a lynch, nor did I want one so early. I was quite pissed when I saw what had happened but it was too late for me to post as Kat had said no more posting.

JeXs

Smash Champion
how do you mean? you're saying since we'll have more information on who is what number that we'll be able to spot better which bingos might be coming - and BECAUSE of that scum could use this additional information to frame others as trying to get bingos?

if that's what you mean, that's like saying that we should ignore night kills cuz scum might use it to frame ppl for killing
...No. Scum can use their input to attempt to shift it to a player and then frame that player for trying to line up a bingo.

Kantrip

Kantplay
base what off of?

idk, but if i did i wouldn't wanna reveal it so early. I do have some guidelines for who it should go to tho
That's what I want. Those guidelines. What should we use to determine who gets the ball?

You want to talk about the 8 ball and who to give it to, but don't want to suggest a candidate? That's scummy as hell dude.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
That's what I want. Those guidelines. What should we use to determine who gets the ball?

You want to talk about the 8 ball and who to give it to, but don't want to suggest a candidate? That's scummy as hell dude.
idgaf think what you want

i know what I think we should do, but if i just spew it right away that doesn't help me determine anyone else's alignment. That doesn't give em a chance to say anything grimy wrt the topic

Kantrip

Kantplay
idgaf think what you want

i know what I think we should do, but if i just spew it right away that doesn't help me determine anyone else's alignment. That doesn't give em a chance to say anything grimy wrt the topic
Yeah well you're not the only one who gets that privilege. I want to hear what YOU think of the topic. YOU are the one who wants to talk about it so bad, so talk.

The way I see it, town has no information with which to base a decision on the matter. Scum, however, does. This is what JeXs has been trying to get across to you.

So I want to know what exactly you think will go into our nominations for receiving the ball. If you're not willing to divulge any of your super secret information then no one should have to. Again, you're the one who wants to discuss it so bad.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
um, how is it a distraction? we obviously shouldn't kill the ppl mafia want us to kill, and we can get insight into who mafia might want to kill from the bingo board seeing as how they gave everyone a place on the board and they want (or need) to get a bingo

@ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus do you think i'm scummy for wanting to focus more on this?
It's a distraction because we need to actually lynch scum to win and they have their own bingo positions which may or may not in bad spots for us on the board, if we're going to scumhunt effectively we can't afford to be too concerned about numbers, at least not unless we get more information.

And yes I find your push towards this topic scummy.

Did you think it was terrible because Rake, being the doc, wanted to save his own *** and that's why seemed desperate?
He was messing with us because he was salty, his flip was number sensor

Kantrip

Kantplay
@MOD - Is the flavour text stating that mafia knows which number correlates to which player a publicly confirmed fact, or strictly for flavour?

JeXs

Smash Champion
Oh lol, I had no idea what it was when I first saw it(just woke up at that time) and just thought he was a doc...

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
town has a ton of information to base a good 8-ball decision on.

ugh we should give the ball to a strong potential lynch candidate to check their placing on the board. if someone is 13 then they're almost definitely not scum (like i mentioned before - though there is the slight chance that scum made one of their own 13 completely foregoing the want to get bingo). So we can use the 8 ball to get extra info on a scummy candidate.

Continuing to assume that scum want to get a bingo, there are also places scum would want to be on the board vs town. So having that knowledge of where ppl are can give us more info on whose scummy.

ALSO, knowing who ppl want to give the 8-ball to is pretty significant (not as much as normal votes but still). There are scenarios where scum doesn't want to reveal someone cuz it might help prevent a bingo-getting lynch or things like that

obviously all this **** is wifom (like mafia in general), but it's mad useful information combined with another **** happening in the thread. thinking about how ppl approached yesterday combined with rake's position on the board AND why mafia killed hardbody in conjunction with the board helps us

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
It's a distraction because we need to actually lynch scum to win and they have their own bingo positions which may or may not in bad spots for us on the board, if we're going to scumhunt effectively we can't afford to be too concerned about numbers, at least not unless we get more information.

And yes I find your push towards this topic scummy.
actually giving a **** about the board helps us find scum. Are you proposing we ignore it until bingos are inevitable? Should I continue to allow your ****fest with chaco dominate the thread when the mod gave us a ****ton of info to work with from yesterDay's and toDay's flavors.

yes I as macscum totally wants to direct attention to the board so I could use it save my scummates and lynch townies. So much easier than just mindlessly parroting other ppl's reasons for why someone is scum and letting more MLs occur.

@ JeXs JeXs , @ Kantrip Kantrip : you're saying since scum has more info they can use the board to manipulate town or w/e. scum chooses who and why they night kill. They can use the night kill to manipulate town as well with WIFOMy shenanigans, should we completely ignore night kills too?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
actually giving a **** about the board helps us find scum. Are you proposing we ignore it until bingos are inevitable? Should I continue to allow your ****fest with chaco dominate the thread when the mod gave us a ****ton of info to work with from yesterDay's and toDay's flavors.

yes I as macscum totally wants to direct attention to the board so I could use it save my scummates and lynch townies. So much easier than just mindlessly parroting other ppl's reasons for why someone is scum and letting more MLs occur.
And that info tells us exactly what about that allows us to pick out scum exactly how? Unless it's useful in determining roles, scum, or setup composition it means little and the information doesn't allow it. We can't not lynch a scummy player because they're in a bad position on the board because any intelligent scum team would set it up so their positions are disadvantageous for town to lynch.

In a word, yes. Making sheeping look legitimate is difficult especially since you were coming into the day with a lot of attention and furthermore, bingo board talk also distracts everyone else.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I have to get back to work.

I'll wait for the mod's response I guess. Have stuff to say that'll have to wait.

JeXs go ahead and continue discussing if you'd like

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
like i said the ball should go to lynch candidates, if one gets 13 that looks very good for them since it's pretty unlikely scum would put themselves at 13 unless they wanted to BUS hardcore.

yesterdays lynch had ppl on opposing sides, you and ryu for example were really for the rake lynch, while ppl like dark horse and chaco didn't. The board COULD help explain some scum reaction to the wagon. maybe scum had a plan of which ppl to push to get the best board coverage. (I mean they had to have if they gave everyone spots before the game started) so the board itself is something concrete scum gave us, and thinking about their intentions with the board will help us scum hunt. E.g. Dark HOrse or chaco would have fought against a rake lynch becuz he wasn't in a spot that would help scum the most. Alternatively adumb / ryu / gorf / whoever coul dhave been fine with it cuz he was in a spot scum likes.

more examples, scum generally wants to stay alive, so they don't wanna be in heavily connected spots in the board. There are 3 edge positions, I would guess 2 scum are in those position. (Note chaco was revealed to be in that position. he could have been against the rake lynch because of rakes proximity to him on the board. Rake's spot is not a useful spot for chaco if he didn't want to die.

also, i initially wanted to go down this path cuz i though scum HAD to get a bingo in order to win but after rereadin that might not be the case so all this stuff isn't as useful as i initially thought when I made my 2nd post today. but it's still hella useful.

Top Bottom