• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BiM 2013 | Game Over!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Upon re-reading I felt you were going in the same direction as me. I just didn't have a whole mapping of your whole play. I was just going with the flow. I would have been fine with you had I not died.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
It was unwinnable. Confirmed Cop, bomb, and two/three shooters. Even if I avoided the Daykill toDay, what do I do toMorrow?
Yep. Mass claim would have made it impossible for BSL to win. If he claimed cop or bomb then town could have just shot all their cops and bombs until he died. If he claimed VT then town would still get an additional 2 to 3 clears (maximum of 3 since BW investigated a clear, if he didn't investigate RR then it would be a maximum of 4) from the mass claim. Even if only 2 additional people were claimed from the mass claim, town would still have 5 people cleared total, meaning only 4 possible people could have been scum. At that point it would have been just a matter of using the cops and shooting the last people not cleared until BSL died. Simply put, he couldn't win.

*Wants to point this out to everyone*

Also what's up with BI games attracting bad cops? First it was Luxor not CC scum for the entire game. Now it's BW investigating someone who was guaranteed clear to him. wtf.jpg

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
BW Did better than luxor though. BW needs to read more lol.

#HBC | Dancer

Lucky? Hmm.
GG to all involved. I guess my radar's on the fritz.
RR's shot on Soup. He admitted that it was mostly motivated from extracting revenge for Toonami mafia. Mafia losing their Godfather straight from the get-go because of a whim put them in a bad spot that wasn't really their fault.

Rake's shot on Kantrip was probably my favorite part of the game.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I lol'd when I read BW investigated Ryu.

I'm like : But, there's no physical way RYu could be scum AND have killed Soup, after Kantrip flipped assassin

Me too Swords, me too.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
To Ryu's Defense, Soup had been playing very loudly enough to be shot regardless. He had a part in the teams loss. Kantrip also had a weird interaction.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Man if someone pulled a Luxor this game I would have raged and quoted Ryker's post from that game ot Luxor.

RR's shot on Soup. He admitted that it was mostly motivated from extracting revenge for Toonami mafia. Mafia losing their Godfather straight from the get-go because of a whim put them in a bad spot that wasn't really their fault.

Rake's shot on Kantrip was probably my favorite part of the game.
Nah I had one legit reason to shoot him, I just had two other lol reasons to go, "**** it I'm shooting"

The legit reason, while weak, was something I kept thinking, "Would I do this excuse to hide as scum, would someone say this as town?"

I couldn't think of an answer to the town side, or at least a good one from someone like Soup who is solid as town.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I also think Soup went berserk because of PJB and me. Funnily enough neither of us were suspecting Soup hahaha.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Until Kantrip's flip, I was ready to shoot you every time I posted.
:<

I also think Soup went berserk because of PJB and me. Funnily enough neither of us were suspecting Soup hahaha.
That is why I looked at him even as much as I did when I posted I wanted to shoot him or you, then I saw the post I quoted earlier and had alarms go off.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I only legit read soup as scum after he slipped.

"You should see my town games. I'm more liable to blow a fuse"

> Suggests he isn't town this time heavily

#HBC | Dancer

Man if someone pulled a Luxor this game I would have raged and quoted Ryker's post from that game ot Luxor.

Nah I had one legit reason to shoot him, I just had two other lol reasons to go, "**** it I'm shooting"

The legit reason, while weak, was something I kept thinking, "Would I do this excuse to hide as scum, would someone say this as town?"

I couldn't think of an answer to the town side, or at least a good one from someone like Soup who is solid as town.
That's fine then.

Curious though. What tipped you off about Soup (didn't really read too much pregame).

Also @Rake: What made you scum read Kantrip?

Just for the record, while I was reading this game I would have shot FF > Kantrip in that order.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I had concerns with Ryu until he answered my question about his reasoning for me. I was then cool with him all game.

*brofist Ryu*

Ah ok. Yeah I was just trying to explain to Soup why he was wrong (PJB also said the same as me) but he didn't back down from that and it seemed he had to do all that **** to ignore the issue. xD

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Only because in the position of scum assassin, I'd have shot Soup off the cuff in the way you did as town. I'd have ignored people asking for justification until after the fact, and I'd have fed into my "clear", and I'd have done most of everything else you did as well. So I was ready to read you as scum, and thus did.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
That's fine then.

Curious though. What tipped you off about Soup (didn't really read too much pregame).

Also @Rake: What made you scum read Kantrip?

Just for the record, while I was reading this game I would have shot FF > Kantrip in that order.
He made a post that he was excusing his rage as a town tell, I think it was to PJB or Ran when he said this. I will say it was a premature shot, I agree with people their.

I shot Kantrip because he wasn't posting content that helped town, he was posting paragraph after paragraph of null.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Only because in the position of scum assassin, I'd have shot Soup off the cuff in the way you did as town. I'd have ignored people asking for justification until after the fact, and I'd have fed into my "clear", and I'd have done most of everything else you did as well. So I was ready to read you as scum, and thus did.
Man, just imagine if I was and Badwolf copping me caught the gambit lol.

Also a very silly aand fun gambit, oh gog Ryker in Pokemafia. The nightmares.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh haha.

Man I'm glad we won this. (This being a BIM game)

Kantrip

Kantplay
We got wrecked, gg.

Going into D2 with the GF dead, me under scrutiny, and knowing my partner was being lumped in with a pool of nulls, I felt unmotivated to read the game and fake content. I take responsibility for my poor play.

I was hoping people would actually give me time, I would've read this weekend as promised and then shot someone :(

Still laughing at BW copping RR.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nah not in a town with people with itchy trigger fingers. lol

SCUM QT plz :3

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Did you guys just think I was the cop or something

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

There was quite alot actually for Kantrip. More than i ever laid out in super detail because I am a lazy ass about stuff like that, and i tried to sum it up in short bursts lol.

Stuff like him saying : Rake is treating me weird, and I am skeptical.

Like wtf basically came to mind, i had made one post to him / about him, doing the same RVS crap i do to everyone, he was digging into nothing, and I felt like he was doing it so he could gain footing later on me. He had no reason to tack on being skeptical of me, because how I went about it was entirely null. There was essentially no reason as town he needed to add : and I am skeptical. In the context of one post, So it felt like he was BSing for the sake of saying something about my slot.

Later on, i read his response and I thought "There is no reason he needs to tack on : And I'm canadian " to that, it felt like he was , meaning to or not, become more buddy buddy with me.

Then there was when he asked Zen if he could shoot soup, at the time i thought: As town Kantrip has no need or reason to ask permission, he would just do it or not. It was like he wanted to get Zen's seal of approval so Zen would then say: Kantrip's a bro, he shot soup. And that he was hesitant to shoot soup, but why would he be as a VT ? The answer came when Soup flipped GF, Kantrip was the assassin and was scared to kill the GF.

Then there was his response , or lack there of, to soup lightly bussing him, he completely passed over Soups question , and made some post about mechanics iirc, and I thought : Kantrip has no reason to do that, unless he knows soup isn't very serious, or isn't invested in it as he would seem.You have to remember Kantrip was previously defending soup, so him passing over it was like : wait a second...
then Upon soup flipping GF i went : Yeah, kantrip knew Soup wasn't invested in it, because they are scum mates.

His lack of response to me was also a pretty big tell, I was essentially meta reading him hard for a while and waving a gun in his face, and he always just ignored me, as town, I felt like he would have tried to be in my face back, or at least try to be aggressive responding, but he never did. He kinda just tried to avoid me, something he'd have no reason to back down from as town.

Then when i asked him my 3 questions, and he kept ***** footing around them, or viewing then leaving, I knew he was scum because he couldn't answer those questions, even though they were very simple from my pov. Like, it would take him almost 0 effort to respond to them in some form, As town i'd expect him to address them, or call me out on them being dumb, or anything really, instead he flat out ignored them, and I felt myself thinking : He has no reason, especially if he's actually making the effort to read and get involved to do that. So i concluded he wasn't , and was just trying to keep himself alive because he was scum.

When he came into the thread finally, I instantly thought, : He's here to try to save his ass. And his posts reflected that from my pov, he made an effort to respond to stuff that was going on, but 0 to go back and address the real issue people were having on him. Especially mine. And him dropping off his scum reads and admitting he hadn't read or wasn't or whatever, made me confident he was showing up to try to appear like he was down trodden town trying to get back into the game. When I could tell as mentioned above that wasn't the case from my pov on him / his content / posts.

On top of all of this was his surface level content, which when I read i went: kantrip is purposely posting nothing useful, relevant or telling. He's playing safe, and D2 it became exasperated, you could tell he had no intention to get seriously involved. This links back to him not making an effort to get seriously involved and help town, and I felt like when he posted, it was more for self survival than anything.

There's probably more I could remember if i went back and read more of his posts but I think the above sums it up nicely enough.

All that, plus my gut. Hasn't led me wrong on Kantrip yet.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Most of that is not actually true. I'll admit you caught me on some stuff, but a lot of that doesn't apply.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm bored now.

Off to play some Xbox or nap.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Most of that is not actually true. I'll admit you caught me on some stuff, but a lot of that doesn't apply.
I get that, but it's essentially how it went down for me.

I can't remember everything ever that gave me pause, because a lot of my posts and thoughts were reactionary / stream of my thoughts at that time, and thus I've forgotten them by now, but as a whole, I think it was mostly, you never gave me a reason to see you or give you the benefit of the doubt as to your alignment.

Like, i never saw a post that made me go : Well wait a second now maybe I'm tunneling him for all the wrong reasons.

I'll admit my reasons may not always be super amazing, but they got the job done. I think it was the sum of your game , I guess you could say.

I'd actually like to know what I caught you on from your POV , if you wouldn't mind.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Dang it Bsl. I wanted to shoot someone.

And I'm super disappointed in FFs play. 5 posts all game?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I don't think you messed up btw Kantrip.

I was pretty hard up for shooting you, Your only escape would have been to shoot before me, which would have sealed your fate the next day.

I think you tried to make the best out of the situation, which is really the best you can do as scum.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
BW Did better than luxor though. BW needs to read more lol.
I lol'd when I read BW investigated Ryu.
Badwolf just doesn't form more than a surface-level opinion on the content of the thread. That's a fixable problem: it just takes initiative, and a self-realization that that's what's actually happening.
Long story short? This was a week from hell. No sleep and I've been feeling out of it since.... Sunday? I think.
Sleepy time for wulf.
:applejack:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Did you guys just think I was the cop or something
I thought maybe you had a gun. I wanted to shoot someone with a gun, but not someone who had already shot. Although, now that I think about it, whether or not someone shot didn't matter anymore.

Handorin

Smash Hero
This one week mafia was kinda legit for the most part. I had a lot of fun.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I dunno if this game had a MVP.

That's mostly up to Gheb, that being said, if anyone was I'd probably agree with it being Ryu.

Weakish reasoning for shooting Soup aside, his reads were solid from my pov and he played a pretty strong town game IMO. Coulda lived without the math stuff though lol.

In retrospect it's pretty funny to me that BSL liked the post where I shot Kantrip xD.

Was it luck, or was it skill.

Or maybe, it was fate , smiling down upon the shooter's of this Lone Ranger-esque town.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't think there was an outstanding individual in this game so I won't hand out an MvP award for this.

:059:

Top Bottom