• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big News: The crazy sliding Up-Smash glitch? I did it. And taped it.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Here is my contribution to the research:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BItK9bMv2T0

I did it on Lylat while practicing 2 v 1. I suspect you can do this on command, without being hit first, etc. This video is different from the others because I was clearly on the offensive and was distinctively in the middle of the dash animation. I don't remember what buttons I was pressing, but I know it was a WHOLE BUNCH. I make up tactics on the fly and sometimes I get confused and put in multiple inputs at one time. If it helps...one of the buttons I was pressing at the time was B :-\ ... anyway I tried to edit it as well as possible so we can gain as much info.

Edit 1: Wow, after staring again...I did get hit. And with the one move that has a wind effect. Some weird stuff did happen. I took damage, but kept moving. The prevailing theory might be correct...you may have to be hit with something to set this move off. I'll keep staring at it, and try to make edits as necessary.
As a Toon main that knows pretty much everything about his techs, I can tell you without a doubt that what you see on this vid is a classic example of a Toon tech called the Dair shockwave. It's a strange hitbox on the tip of his sword when he lands that does 5%, has no hitstun (it doesn't interfere with the opponent at all) and has a push effect that is strengthened by the opponents percent. The higher your percent, the further you get pushed. I talked about this recently in the tactical section in a thread called landing hitboxes on aerials or something like that. So no, this vid isn't the same thing that we're talking about in this thread. But nice try. Not many people know about it.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
everyone goto the dacus thread. w.e anyone just said is invalid. diddy has a dacus...**** yall

Yikarur

Smash Master
Diddys DACUS is harder to do then Shieks because you have to cancel the dash attack in the second frame. (First Frame isn't possible). And because C-Stick and Attack Button have the same order "Attack" you can't do it in a neutral dash stance.
because Frame one of the Dash Attack you press "Attack" but you can't press "Attack" in the next frame because that is considered as "hold" because you have to release the button for one frame at least.
So its only possible if you buffer this. Landing Lag -> Dash Attack and Upsmash in Frame 2 a.e.
but it's very hard to do.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think there are different frames/a bigger than 1 frame window you can cancel the dash attack into Usmash. My train of though is that if people are able to achieve different sliding lengths and speeds when performing a DACUS, that this means there are at least multiple frames (almost always together, not something like frame 3, then 5-7, then 9, etc) to cancel it into Usmash. This is true for every DACUS out there that I know of, even ones with extremely strict timings like Shiek's.

So I think it's something like you can only start to perform DACUS on frame 2, but that you probably can correctly perform the DACUS for at least a few more frames like frame 3, 4, maybe even 5.

Yikarur

Smash Master
but you get only that slide across the stage in frame 2.there are more dacus variants. One Dacus with Diddy is when you hear the first sound of the dash attack, then you cancel it into an upsmash but the slide isn't much.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
make a sheik main do diddy's dacus lol
Out of side step on my second try in training mode I did diddy dacus. I did it again on my 5th try.

I've been practice sheik dacus for over a year to close a daily bases and use it a lot during my matches and the best I've reach is a 2/3 chance of pulling it off, maybe better during a match.

This feels about as hard to do as a grab release into tipper dacus on meta knight which you all may or may not know means you don't have any buffing.

edit: I'm no pro with diddy but it seems the first hit of the usmash does not always combo into the 2nd hit at least when dacusing.

edit2: I take that back, it seems you can buff into it out of side step. The timing is just new so I'm use to it yet. Although I've done it roughly 20 times now going right, can't seem to do it left yet but I'm slow technically.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Jeez, this is hard... I can't do it with that input. Are you supposed to buffer both the Control Stick + C-Stick > C-Stick before you finish whatever beginning animation you used? I guess I'm not doing it fast enough 3:

Yikarur

Smash Master
Personally I do it with Actionbefoire buffered Dash + R (set ib Attack) -> C-Stick Up or reverse)
imo C-Stick up twice is a roundabout way to do it.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
So now that you can do it relatively consistently, could someone try to cancel the dash attack with something other then U-smash? I'd do it myself but my wii is broke. Try using grab and Boost tosses. If it works, it'll be insane.

So incase you don't know what I'm talking about.
Do a random move, while you're still in the animation, buffer the dash attack by pressing the analog stick forward + Up on the C-stick at the same time then instead of instantly hitting C-stick up, replace it with a grab or something to see if you get the same slide.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I tried it yesterday, and dash grab goes as far as DACUSGrab :/ Would be to nice, Grabbing the opponent at every distance xD

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It is way too hard to do this on demand. It is like samus' melee SWD times 20 in terms of difficulty.
The SWD is pretty easy to do. All it takes is timing and eye-finger dexterity. I do it all the time... And if me, a non-top melee player can do SWD consistently, then you as a top brawl player could eventually pull off DACUS consistently if you really want to apply it.

Come on, man, live up to your title. ;)

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
D-tilt>buffer this and glide-toss>buffer this are too good.

If only we knew the timing for doing this consistently, if that's even possible. I just spam C-stick up and hope I get a super-boost-upsmash.

Edit: If anyone's having trouble doing this once, buffer it from a D-tilt, it seems to be the easiest because I don't believe you can input it too early. You can just go to the inputs and not worry about timing unless you're super late.

1) D-tilt
2) Immediately hit control stick+left or right and c-stick+up
-------you know if you're doing this step right if you dash attack after the d-tilt
3) Spam C-stick up

is seemingly what you have to do.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
You shouldn't see the dash attack unless you don't do step 3. The huge boosted U-smash comes from frame 2 of the dash attack or something like this.

Dribble to this is so legit if I could get the timing for it consistently, because you pick your banana back up again lol.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ok i got it down from spotdodge, dtilt, dash attack and taunt...i have found zero uses for it.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
I got it from Uair, Bair, Fair, dash attck, grab, peanut, naner throw, and the monkey kick. Can't get it from Dtilt. Still, I think the only real use for this is to get inside vs. someone that's camping or spacing, or doing both. :I

TreK

Is "that guy"
Duh, I've got so much uses for this...
Wait till I'm goot at it.

Top Bottom