• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beyond the Limit - First Brawl+ Main Event

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
So yeah, we need to finalize a codeset for this really, really soon. Basically, it's so that the tourney goers have a codeset to actually practice on.

"The latest codeset released" could leave some people in the dark, and their character could easily be one of the ones modified. They'd probably be quite shoked to find out X move is now really really good (like Jiggs rest), or nerfedx9000 (like various uptilts or throws)

kupo15

Smash Hero
I probably will be going. I think the codeset for this tourney should be locked about 2 weeks before because I would hate for us to lock it so early then improve the game a lot more and not be able to change it. I would like to see both tumble codes in there though

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea true, i would like to get a code set decided on about 2 weeks b4 the tourney, but i would be willing to go as late as one week before. since it seems that we release updates like every month, if we get the beta 4.0 we have out now within a week, that gives us time to publically test it and make 4.1 for the tourney.

^lol stop turning every thread into a code suggestion thread. and i dont like the tumble codes anyway :p makes it easier to recover with tethers

Ulevo

Smash Master
Why are we attempting to set a deadline for a code set specifically for a single tourney? Perfecting balancing amongst a roster of near 40 character doesn't happen in a short time period, and you're suggesting we complete this within a few weeks?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the tourney is like 6-7 weeks away. were just sayin it wouild be cool to have a plusery release around 2 weeks b4 the tourney that ppl could practice.

kupo15

Smash Hero
^lol stop turning every thread into a code suggestion thread. and i dont like the tumble codes anyway :p makes it easier to recover with tethers
Because I'm a potential tourney goer and its better for the game imo? xD And how does it make tethers recovery easier? Nvm, don't want to derail the thread, but what else would we talk about in here anyway other than the codes you are using and/or leaving out?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
when r u coming back to PA?
i hold tournies all the time

as long as ppl love this, il continue to host more b+

The Cape

Smash Master
I will be back in mid September. Think I go back to Philly at the end of September for drill. Lets play then.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Have we decided on a codeset to use for this yet? I would like to announce later today which one will be used.

Preferably not a nightly build thats not in the works.

shanus

Smash Hero
I have a stable build I'm gonna release today as a nightly. Barring any unexpected bugs, I won't post another public update till after the tourney.

The Cape

Smash Master
Chibo, what about the ruleset? We have been discussing one here in the backroom and I honestly think it would be something to consider as things have changed since you wrote the initial rule set.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
il look over it after i get the final codeset from shanus

edit: ok so its the latest one on the nightly builds site? il try it out tomorrow

shanus

Smash Hero
7PM: Fixed Link ridiculous nair and dash attack, official BtL set now online!!!!!!

Almas

Smash Lord
I'd like to release an official set too. Use BtL as a guideline to see if anything needs changing, and we'll release the official set once the new Engine Codes are written and tested, and the IC change comes through.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Should I change any of these stage rules?

# Neutral Stages:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Smashville
* Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
* Lylat Cruise
* Pokemon Stadium 2
* Wario Ware

# Counterpick Stages:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Yoshi's Island (Melee)
* Jungle Japes
* Corneria
* Rainbow Cruise
* Green Greens
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium

I don't want to add the online waiting room stage or luigi's mansion
online waiting room is practically identical to FD, if not slightly bigger than FD, I'm not sure. It's not worth it. It would make banning FD or Online Waiting 100% worthless. That, and its dull and monotuous with no background and boring music
luigi's mansion is way too big, and still has the problem in teams with two people spawning next to each other, which is rly not a good way to start the match.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
any comments on ^?

also, someone (i think gurukid) said we should have some kind of roundtable after the tourney with the WBR and some other knowledgeable players to get some ideas for the next set of changes

also imo, if nothing goes wrong with the btl set tomorrow, it should be made an official release

The Cape

Smash Master
We still have a few minor polishes to do. Clean up this and that. But it really seems like we are almost complete.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im gonna get like 2 of my own sd card to have in ppl's wiis that ppl can save replays to (and they better...) then il record and upload them the day after

can someone make a code that automatically saves the replay to the sd card if one is present b4 the tourney? lol
that way we wont need to worry about ppl forgetting to save replays

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Luigi's Mansion should be ok for CP in 1v1s. It's big, but DL64 was also big(bigger, even) and that was neutral. 2 players will never spawn next to each other... the spawn thing is only an issue in 2v2.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Chibo's setup is fine. We can debate what we do with Deadlands and Online Waiting Room later, but for our first big tournament we should go with that. And remember this is Chibo's tourney, he makes the rules.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Luigi's Mansion should be ok for CP in 1v1s. It's big, but DL64 was also big(bigger, even) and that was neutral. 2 players will never spawn next to each other... the spawn thing is only an issue in 2v2.
DL64 and Mansion are comparable, but the big thing is that character's recoveries overall are SO much better in Brawl over Melee. In Brawl you have characters that glide, and characters that can seemingly recover from anything unless you completely kill them, like ROB, Pit, MK, DDD, Snake, and much more. It's quite a different situation than Melee.

Also not to mention, Mansion is so similar to either FD or PS2. As I said in my one main stage post that explained about the problems of having too many stages, banning becomes useless. If someone doesn't like the layout of PS2 or FD, too bad, the opponent can still CP Mansion which is practically the same thing. It makes the ban on FD useless.

Top Bottom